|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In dealing the last hand of gin in Act 2, Scene 2, what does Weller do differently?
2. According to Fonsia in Act 2, Scene 1, she isn't being tough, but is instead what?
3. In Act 2, Scene 2, Fonsia counters that it is Weller who is vindictive. In what way?
4. Who is Weller's accomplice in his ruse in Act 2, Scene 2?
5. Weller says he would have knocked Fonsia's teeth in had she done to him what she did to her spouse. What is her response?
Essay Topic 1
How does the poem 'As Leaden as the Aftermath of Wine,' by Alexander Pushkin relate to the play?
Essay Topic 2
What role does religion have in the play? How does it define the two characters of the play?
Essay Topic 3
Is Fonsia vindictive? Is Weller a failure? Please support your responses with examples from the play.
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)