Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What illness put Weller in the convalescent home?
2. Who does Fonsia call for at the end of the play?
3. What remark does Weller make in Act 2, Scene 2 that Fonsia considers the most insulting remark she has heard in her life?
4. What are Weller's final words of the play?
5. According to Weller in Act 2, Scene 1, what is the hottest topic of discussion at the Home?
Essay Topic 1
The play is considered a tragi-comedy. How does the playwright balance the tragic aspects of the play with the comic?
Essay Topic 2
Why is Weller so upset about being made a model retiree by the family of Gladys Mayes? How does this relate to him disguising his illness, and how does it contribute to his contempt of the staff and residents of the Home?
Essay Topic 3
How is the game of gin in this play used as a metaphor for life?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)