|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 1, what is Fonsia's first reaction to Weller getting the cards?
2. How did Fonsia separate from her husband?
3. What worry did Fonsia have when she was working?
4. Weller says he would have knocked Fonsia's teeth in had she done to him what she did to her spouse. What is her response?
5. How does Weller create some levity in the middle of Act 2, Scene 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How much do the two characters value truth? Which character hides the truth, which one lies outright, and what does this suggest about one over the other?
Essay Topic 2
Each scene is set apart by the time of day, the day of week, and the weather in the scene. How do these components complement the action and dialogue of each scene?
Essay Topic 3
How are the two characters hypocritical in the play? What does this reveal about them?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)