Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What illness put Weller in the convalescent home?
2. Who does Fonsia call for at the end of the play?
3. What remark does Weller make in Act 2, Scene 2 that Fonsia considers the most insulting remark she has heard in her life?
4. What are Weller's final words of the play?
5. According to Weller in Act 2, Scene 1, what is the hottest topic of discussion at the Home?
Essay Topic 1
Is Weller dishonest as Fonsia suggests of him? What instances of dishonesty are present in the play?
Essay Topic 2
Why is Weller so upset about being made a model retiree by the family of Gladys Mayes? How does this relate to him disguising his illness, and how does it contribute to his contempt of the staff and residents of the Home?
Essay Topic 3
The play was first performed in 1976. How do the relationships between men and women, as exemplified by the characters in the play, reflect a broken system? More specifically, what outmoded social roles are followed by the characters and do they contribute to their animosity towards one another?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)