|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What illness put Weller in the convalescent home?
2. Who does Fonsia call for at the end of the play?
3. What remark does Weller make in Act 2, Scene 2 that Fonsia considers the most insulting remark she has heard in her life?
4. What are Weller's final words of the play?
5. According to Weller in Act 2, Scene 1, what is the hottest topic of discussion at the Home?
Essay Topic 1
Why is Weller so driven to play cards? Why is winning against Fonsia so important for him?
Essay Topic 2
The play is considered a tragi-comedy. How does the playwright balance the tragic aspects of the play with the comic?
Essay Topic 3
How are the 'entertainments' sources of annoyance, not diversion, for Weller?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)