|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Weller lose his savings?
2. What time of day does Act 2, Scene 1 take place?
3. What one subject does Mrs. Leala want to discuss?
4. According to Fonsia in Act 2, Scene 1, if Weller could see himself, he would what?
5. In Act 2, Scene 1, Fonsia criticizes Weller for what?
Essay Topic 1
What does Weller's story about Gladys Mayes' family represent in the play? Are there common perceptions of the elderly in American society that contribute to this unseen character's unhappiness?
Essay Topic 2
How do Fonsia's actions and confessions in the later half of the play diverge from the facade of her character in the first half of the play?
Essay Topic 3
How does the wardrobe of the two characters change during the course of the play, and what does it represent?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)