Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What illness put Weller in the convalescent home?
2. Who does Fonsia call for at the end of the play?
3. What remark does Weller make in Act 2, Scene 2 that Fonsia considers the most insulting remark she has heard in her life?
4. What are Weller's final words of the play?
5. According to Weller in Act 2, Scene 1, what is the hottest topic of discussion at the Home?
Essay Topic 1
What role does luck have in the play? For whom is the luck good and for whom is it bad? Please take the context of the characters' histories into account.
Essay Topic 2
How are Weller and Fonsia's ex-spouses similar in nature? How are they different from her father as she remembers him? Is her son the victim of preconceived notions of hers?
Essay Topic 3
Fonsia relates her phobia of misspelling words when she was an apartment manager. What does this story say about her, and is there any truth to Weller's criticism of her for holding this fear?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)