|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is lightning used in the final scene of the play?
2. According to Weller in Act 2, Scene 1, what happens when you get too far away from playing gin?
3. In Act 2, Scene 1, what threat brings Fonsia to the card table?
4. According to Weller in Act 2, Scene 1, what is the hottest topic of discussion at the Home?
5. Act 2, Scene 1 transpires how long after the end of Act 1?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fonsia relates her phobia of misspelling words when she was an apartment manager. What does this story say about her, and is there any truth to Weller's criticism of her for holding this fear?
Essay Topic 2
How are the two characters hypocritical in the play? What does this reveal about them?
Essay Topic 3
Each scene is set apart by the time of day, the day of week, and the weather in the scene. How do these components complement the action and dialogue of each scene?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)