|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Weller in Act 2, Scene 1, what happens when you get too far away from playing gin?
2. How did Fonsia separate from her husband?
(a) By moving out of the house.
(b) By suing him for everything he had.
(c) By putting everything he owned on the street.
(d) By packing up her son and leaving town.
3. Who does Fonsia call for at the end of the play?
(a) For Mrs. Gibran.
(b) The Nurse.
(c) For her son.
4. According to Fonsia, what scared her about her last encounter with Weller?
(a) Weller's yelling.
(b) Weller's red face.
(c) Weller's language.
(d) Weller's throwing of the card table.
5. How is the way in which Fonsia plays her discard in the final hand of the play vindictive?
(a) By taking Weller's discard and closing the game with it.
(b) By pretending to discard the card Weller needs, then calling gin at the last second.
(c) By calling Weller a name as she calls gin.
(d) By laughing hysterically after drawing the card she needed to win.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the Sunshine Ladies?
2. What ruse does Weller use to get Fonsia to come out and see him on the porch in Act 2, Scene 2?
3. According to Fonsia in Act 2, Scene 1, if Weller could see himself, he would what?
4. When Fonsia confronts Weller about his ruse in Act 2, Scene 2, what is Weller's response?
5. What is Weller's reaction of gin being called in the final hand in the play?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)