|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 1, according to Fonsia, every second breath of Weller's has to be what?
(a) An insult.
(c) A curse.
2. What does Weller accuse Fonsia of doing in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Of convincing the staff to send a psychologist out to see Weller.
(b) Of cheating.
(c) Of turning him in to the nurses and branding him a trouble-maker.
(d) Of convincing the staff to change Weller's medications.
3. Act 2, Scene 1 transpires how long after the end of Act 1?
(a) 1 week after Act 1.
(b) 1 month after Act 1.
(c) 1 day after Act 1.
(d) 4 hours after Act 1.
4. How does Fonsia win the last hand of gin in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) On the draw.
(b) By Weller knocking.
(c) By knocking.
(d) By getting gin on Weller's discard.
5. According to Fonsia in Act 2, Scene 1, she isn't being tough, but is instead what?
(a) Not feeling hospitable.
(b) Fed up.
(c) Being fair.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 2, what does Weller accuse Fonsia of doing by coming out to the porch when she knew it was a ruse?
2. According to Fonsia in Act 2, Scene 2, what is it that she likes about Weller?
3. What is the Extended Family?
4. What lie does Weller, through guess work, discover?
5. In dealing the last hand of gin in Act 2, Scene 2, what does Weller do differently?
Short Essay Questions
1. What point is Weller trying to drive home to Fonsia in his relation of the Ty Cobb story in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. How did Fonsia fear the lie she told to win employment would be found out?
3. Fonsia criticizes Weller for always blaming his failures on bad luck. How is this criticism true?
4. Given his behavior throughout the play, has Weller gone mad in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. In what way does the weather follow Weller's cues in Act 2, Scene 2?
6. How is Fonsia reminded of her mother in Act 2, Scene 1?
7. Weller guesses that Fonsia lied to him about her son's whereabouts. What is the significance of the lie, and what other lies has she told?
8. Although Weller disagrees at first, why does Fonsia think he wants her on the porch in Act 2, Scene 2?
9. Towards the end of Act 2, Scene 1, Weller begins talking to himself. How is this 'craziness' foreshadowed?
10. Do you think Fonsia 'fed' Weller the Jack of Hearts in Act 2, Scene 1? Explain why.
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)