|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Fonsia explain her son's disinterest in visiting her?
(a) He 'is mad about the divorce.'
(b) He 'doesn't care for anyone but himself.'
(c) He 'has son's of his own now.'
(d) He 'just doesn't bother.'
2. Who are the Sunshine Ladies?
(a) The nurses who hand out medication.
(b) The ladies who prepare meals at the Home.
(c) A group that visits the Home.
(d) A gospel group.
3. In Act 2, Scene 1, who does Weller claim gave Fonsia the card she needed?
(a) The Devil.
(c) His little man.
4. In Act 2, Scene 2, how does Fonsia drive home the example of Weller always having to be 'the victim of bad luck,' as opposed to accepting his mistakes?
(a) By suggesting his business partners were probably better business men.
(b) By suggesting his temper has lost him more than a gin partner.
(c) By suggesting his wife wouldn't have left him had he been a stronger man.
(d) By suggesting he was always bound for welfare.
5. What game does Weller deal while he and Fonsia converse at the start of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) A hand of solitaire.
(b) A hand of poker.
(c) A hand rummy.
(d) A hand of gin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Weller says he would have knocked Fonsia's teeth in had she done to him what she did to her spouse. What is her response?
2. According to Fonsia, what scared her about her last encounter with Weller?
3. When it comes to men, Fonsia admits that she's been what?
4. How is the way in which Fonsia plays her discard in the final hand of the play vindictive?
5. What remark does Weller make in Act 2, Scene 2 that Fonsia considers the most insulting remark she has heard in her life?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)