|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time of day does Act 2, Scene 1 take place?
2. How did Fonsia separate from her husband?
(a) By putting everything he owned on the street.
(b) By moving out of the house.
(c) By packing up her son and leaving town.
(d) By suing him for everything he had.
3. How did Weller find himself in this Home?
(a) His sons placed him in "this cheap home."
(b) Weller was placed in this home by the Welfare Department.
(c) He had to beg them to take him now that he was out of money.
(d) Himself, by giving them the last of his savings.
4. What card does Weller give Fonsia in the final hand, that he claims to know she needs?
(a) A king.
(b) A jack.
(c) An ace.
(d) A queen.
5. What force does Weller decide is at hand in Fonsia's winning streak in Act 2, Scene 1?
(c) Divine Intervention.
(d) Mind reading.
Short Answer Questions
1. What remark does Weller make in Act 2, Scene 2 that Fonsia considers the most insulting remark she has heard in her life?
2. After making the mistake of getting sick, what mistake did Weller make next?
3. What lie does Weller, through guess work, discover?
4. How does Fonsia explain her son's disinterest in visiting her?
5. In Act 2, Scene 1, who does Weller claim gave Fonsia the card she needed?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)