|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the way in which Fonsia plays her discard in the final hand of the play vindictive?
(a) By pretending to discard the card Weller needs, then calling gin at the last second.
(b) By laughing hysterically after drawing the card she needed to win.
(c) By calling Weller a name as she calls gin.
(d) By taking Weller's discard and closing the game with it.
2. After making the mistake of getting sick, what mistake did Weller make next?
(a) Of getting well.
(b) Of trying to "fix things."
(c) Of going back to work.
(d) The next mistake Weller made was the mistake of falling in love.
3. Why does Weller throw the score card to the ground in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Because Fonsia knocked again.
(b) Because Fonsia stands up for herself.
(c) Because he can't remember the score and it doesn't matter anyhow.
(d) Because he has yet to win a single hand.
4. Who was Ty Cobb?
(a) A musician.
(b) A football player.
(c) A baseball player.
(d) A basketball player.
5. What lie does Weller, through guess work, discover?
(a) That Fonsia lied about having a sister in Ottawa.
(b) That Fonsia lied about having never played cards before.
(c) Where Fonsia's son lives.
(d) That Fonsia lied about being divorced.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Weller possibly a dishonest business man?
2. Why does Weller seek out Fonsia at the beginning of Act 2?
3. According to Weller, how many of his teammates attended Cobb's funeral?
4. What worry did Fonsia have when she was working?
5. According to Fonsia in Act 2, Scene 2, what is it that she likes about Weller?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)