|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What illness put Weller in the convalescent home?
(a) A heart attack.
(b) A stroke.
(d) Lung cancer.
2. Who does Fonsia call for at the end of the play?
(a) For Mrs. Gibran.
(b) The Nurse.
(d) For her son.
3. What remark does Weller make in Act 2, Scene 2 that Fonsia considers the most insulting remark she has heard in her life?
(a) "You and your judgments ran [your husband] right out of the house."
(b) "You've made [your son] feel like the lowest piece of crap on earth for so long he can't stand the sight of you,"
(c) The problem with people in the world today is that "they have a mother who's just like you,"
(d) That Fonsia is "vindictive."
4. What are Weller's final words of the play?
(a) "Damnit to hell"
(b) "I win, I win!"
(c) "Gin, gin, gin."
(d) His final words are to call for a doctor.
5. According to Weller in Act 2, Scene 1, what is the hottest topic of discussion at the Home?
(b) Canned vegetables.
(c) The gospel hour.
(d) One's funeral arrangements.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Extended Family?
2. What entertainment takes place over the last hand of gin?
3. According to Weller in Act 2, Scene 1, what happens when you get too far away from playing gin?
4. Who does Weller claim to be talking to when talking to himself in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. What happened to Weller's business?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)