|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What card does Weller claim Fonsia fed him in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) The Jack of Diamonds.
(b) The Ace of Spades.
(c) The Jack of Hearts.
(d) The Jack of Clubs.
2. When Fonsia confronts Weller about his ruse in Act 2, Scene 2, what is Weller's response?
(a) He apologizes.
(b) He grovels.
(c) He looses his temper.
(d) He denies it.
3. What happened to Weller's business?
(a) Weller's business was shut down by the state.
(b) Weller was thrown out of his business by his partners.
(c) Weller was bought out of his business by his partners.
(d) Weller gave his business to his sons.
4. How does Fonsia explain her son's disinterest in visiting her?
(a) He 'is mad about the divorce.'
(b) He 'doesn't care for anyone but himself.'
(c) He 'has son's of his own now.'
(d) He 'just doesn't bother.'
5. What lie does Weller, through guess work, discover?
(a) That Fonsia lied about having a sister in Ottawa.
(b) Where Fonsia's son lives.
(c) That Fonsia lied about having never played cards before.
(d) That Fonsia lied about being divorced.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Fonsia loses her temper in Act 2, Scene 2, what changes take place in her language?
2. What did Fonsia's son do to create a fissure in their relationship?
3. According to Weller, Fonsia makes harsh judgments. How does he feel that she's judged him?
4. According to Fonsia in Act 2, Scene 2, what is it that she likes about Weller?
5. When it comes to men, Fonsia admits that she's been what?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)