|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Fonsia and Weller, what does the Home lack more than anything else?
(a) Decent conversation.
(d) Sufficient staff.
2. As Weller begins losing his temper, he begins yelling. He also begins doing what?
(a) Making bigoted remarks.
(c) Holding his chest.
(d) Kicking the furniture.
3. What is Weller's last name?
4. Where does Fonsia's son live?
5. What illness does Weller claim he suffers from in Act One?
(a) An advanced case of old age.
(b) An advanced case of tooth decay.
(c) An advanced case of hum bug.
(d) An advanced case writer's block.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the second hand of the second game won in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. What is the dietitian's name?
3. According to Weller, what are dietitians not known for?
4. According to Weller, how can you get more Hollywoods traveling West?
5. According to Weller, the Welfare Department allows people to keep how much money?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the simple truth about old age homes - a truth not even wealth can correct, according to Weller? How might the two characters thwart this truth?
2. What health condition of Weller's is Fonsia becoming concerned about at the end of Act 1, Scene 2?
3. How would you characterize the questions Weller makes to Fonsia, and how do they propel the first scene of the play?
4. What does the attire of the two characters suggest about their respective attitudes in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. How does Weller's choice of profanity conform to the opening action in Act 1, Scene 2?
6. In Act 1, Scene 1, what conditions find the two characters at the home?
7. What does Fonsia's childhood suggest about her character?
8. What about the Presbyterian home threatens both characters?
9. Towards the end of Act 1, Scene 2, Weller begins misinterpreting what Fonsia says. How do these misinterpretations move the play?
10. Why might Fonsia have thought that 'this day' was going to be particularly bad in Act 1, Scene 1?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)