|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What card does Weller claim Fonsia fed him in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) The Jack of Clubs.
(b) The Jack of Diamonds.
(c) The Jack of Hearts.
(d) The Ace of Spades.
2. When Fonsia confronts Weller about his ruse in Act 2, Scene 2, what is Weller's response?
(a) He apologizes.
(b) He looses his temper.
(c) He grovels.
(d) He denies it.
3. In Act 2, Scene 2, what does Weller accuse Fonsia of doing by coming out to the porch when she knew it was a ruse?
(a) Manipulating him.
(b) Trying to beat him at gin.
(c) Mocking him.
(d) Trying to find more things to tattle on him for.
4. What did Fonsia's son do to create a fissure in their relationship?
(a) Took over the Ash St. house, forcing Fonsia into retirement.
(b) He sold the Ash St. house.
(c) Decided to search for his father.
(d) Cashed out Fonsia's retirement accounts.
5. What evidence does Weller provide in Act 2, Scene 2 to reflect Fonsia's vindictiveness?
(a) Her treatment of the Ash St. House.
(b) Mrs. Gibran.
(c) Her ex-husband.
(d) Her plyaing of the Jack of Hearts.
6. How did Weller find himself in this Home?
(a) He had to beg them to take him now that he was out of money.
(b) Weller was placed in this home by the Welfare Department.
(c) His sons placed him in "this cheap home."
(d) Himself, by giving them the last of his savings.
7. According to Weller, how many of his teammates attended Cobb's funeral?
8. In Act 2, Scene 1, Fonsia criticizes Weller for what?
(a) Having a sarcastic streak and a horrible temper.
(b) Having a sarcastic streak and a chauvinist attitude.
(c) Having a horrible temper and being a racist.
(d) Having a bad temper and a chauvinist streak.
9. What one subject does Mrs. Leala want to discuss?
(a) Only her funeral arrangements.
(b) Only her son William.
(c) Her plans for going to the Presbyterian Home.
(d) Only food.
10. How does Weller use Fonsia's son against her in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) To question her honesty.
(b) To underscore her loneliness.
(c) To underscore her abrasiveness.
(d) To underscore her wealth.
11. According to Fonsia, why does she acquiesce and play a game of gin in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Because Weller would only pester her until she played.
(b) Because the Sunshine Ladies were running late.
(c) Because she didn't want to interact with the Extended Family.
(d) Because it might shut Weller up.
12. Act 2, Scene 1 transpires how long after the end of Act 1?
(a) 1 day after Act 1.
(b) 1 month after Act 1.
(c) 4 hours after Act 1.
(d) 1 week after Act 1.
13. What force does Weller decide is at hand in Fonsia's winning streak in Act 2, Scene 1?
(b) Divine Intervention.
(c) Mind reading.
14. According to Weller in Act 2, Scene 1, what is the hottest topic of discussion at the Home?
(a) The gospel hour.
(b) Canned vegetables.
(c) One's funeral arrangements.
15. What confession does Fonsia make to Weller towards the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) That she is also on welfare.
(b) That she did turn him in to the nurses.
(c) That she did cheat at gin.
(d) That her son does hate her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Fonsia do with the Ash Street house?
2. When it comes to men, Fonsia admits that she's been what?
3. What worry did Fonsia have when she was working?
4. What can be "rather awesome at times," according to Weller?
5. What is the Extended Family?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)