|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What worry did Fonsia have when she was working?
(a) That she would forget the office number.
(b) That she would misspell a word.
(c) That she would call someone by the wrong name.
(d) That she would forget her key.
2. In Act 2, Scene 1, who does Weller claim gave Fonsia the card she needed?
(a) The Devil.
(b) His little man.
3. How did Weller find himself in this Home?
(a) He had to beg them to take him now that he was out of money.
(b) Himself, by giving them the last of his savings.
(c) His sons placed him in "this cheap home."
(d) Weller was placed in this home by the Welfare Department.
4. In Act 2, Scene 1, after Weller claims that Fonsia will no longer receive any help from him, what happens?
(a) He discards the card she needs for gin.
(b) He calls gin, but incorrectly.
(c) Fonsia is of help to him by discarding a card he needs.
(d) Fonsia knocks and wins the game.
5. In Act 2, Scene 1, what threat brings Fonsia to the card table?
(a) The threat of rain.
(b) The threat of another magicial performace.
(c) The threat of interacting with the other 'glassy eyed' tenants.
(d) The threat of gospel hour.
6. Why does Fonsia think Weller wants to meet her on the porch in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) She thinks Weller is lonely.
(b) She thinks Weller is bored.
(c) She thinks Weller is possibly crazy.
(d) She thinks Weller is simply sad.
7. In dealing the last hand of gin in Act 2, Scene 2, what does Weller do differently?
(a) Deals to Fonsia first.
(b) Cuts the deck.
(c) Deals himself first.
(d) Asks Fonsia to keep score.
8. Why does Weller throw the score card to the ground in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Because he can't remember the score and it doesn't matter anyhow.
(b) Because Fonsia stands up for herself.
(c) Because he has yet to win a single hand.
(d) Because Fonsia knocked again.
9. When it comes to men, Fonsia admits that she's been what?
(b) Been unhappy.
(c) Had to outsmart them.
(d) Worn the pants.
10. What did Fonsia do with the Ash Street house?
(a) She gave it to her son.
(b) She gave over the management of it to her son.
(c) She gave it to the Presbyterian church.
(d) She sold it.
11. How does Weller plan to trick Fonsia in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) By discarding a face card.
(b) By discarding a card that he needs.
(c) By knocking.
(d) By switching the card he plans to discard at the last second.
12. Who are the Sunshine Ladies?
(a) The ladies who prepare meals at the Home.
(b) The nurses who hand out medication.
(c) A group that visits the Home.
(d) A gospel group.
13. According to Fonsia in Act 2, Scene 1, she isn't being tough, but is instead what?
(b) Not feeling hospitable.
(c) Fed up.
(d) Being fair.
14. How does Fonsia win the last hand of gin in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) By Weller knocking.
(b) On the draw.
(c) By getting gin on Weller's discard.
(d) By knocking.
15. According to Weller in Act 2, Scene 1, what happens when you get too far away from playing gin?
Short Answer Questions
1. After making the mistake of getting sick, what mistake did Weller make next?
2. What time of day does Act 2, Scene 1 take place?
3. How does Weller use Fonsia's son against her in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. In Act 2, Scene 1, Fonsia teasingly says what to Weller?
5. According to Fonsia in Act 2, Scene 2, what is it that she likes about Weller?
This section contains 619 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)