|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 1, according to Fonsia, every second breath of Weller's has to be what?
(b) A curse.
(d) An insult.
2. According to Fonsia in Act 2, Scene 1, if Weller could see himself, he would what?
(a) He "would go send himself to bed."
(b) He "would call a doctor."
(c) He "wouldn't act this way."
(d) He "would quit playing cards altogether."
3. Why does Weller throw the score card to the ground in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Because he can't remember the score and it doesn't matter anyhow.
(b) Because Fonsia knocked again.
(c) Because Fonsia stands up for herself.
(d) Because he has yet to win a single hand.
4. How was Weller possibly a dishonest business man?
(a) By cutting his partners out of the profits.
(b) By taking more for his work than it was worth.
(c) By selling his company out from underneath his partners.
(d) By exaggerating his travel expenses.
5. What kind of work did Fonsia do before retiring?
(a) Apartment manager.
6. How did Fonsia separate from her husband?
(a) By packing up her son and leaving town.
(b) By moving out of the house.
(c) By suing him for everything he had.
(d) By putting everything he owned on the street.
7. How did Weller lose his savings?
(a) He spent his savings on trying to reconnect with his family.
(b) He became ill.
(c) He spent his savings in trying to win back his business.
8. What ruse does Weller use to get Fonsia to come out and see him on the porch in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) He has another resident of the home tell Fonsia that her sister has come to visit her.
(b) He has another resident of the home tell Fonsia that her ex-husband has come to visit her.
(c) He has another resident of the home tell Fonsia that the Sunshine Ladies have come to visit her.
(d) He has another resident of the home tell Fonsia that her son has come to visit her.
9. In Act 2, Scene 1, Fonsia criticizes Weller for what?
(a) Having a horrible temper and being a racist.
(b) Having a sarcastic streak and a chauvinist attitude.
(c) Having a sarcastic streak and a horrible temper.
(d) Having a bad temper and a chauvinist streak.
10. Why does Weller seek out Fonsia at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) To tell her that her family is there to see her.
(b) To tell her his watch was found by the police.
(c) To check on her condition.
(d) To apologize to her.
11. What one subject does Mrs. Leala want to discuss?
(a) Only her funeral arrangements.
(b) Only food.
(c) Only her son William.
(d) Her plans for going to the Presbyterian Home.
12. How does Fonsia explain her son's disinterest in visiting her?
(a) He 'is mad about the divorce.'
(b) He 'has son's of his own now.'
(c) He 'just doesn't bother.'
(d) He 'doesn't care for anyone but himself.'
13. Who does Weller claim to be talking to when talking to himself in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) To his 'angel.'.
(b) To his 'little man.'.
(c) To 'the god of Gin.'.
(d) To his 'shadow.'.
14. What worry did Fonsia have when she was working?
(a) That she would call someone by the wrong name.
(b) That she would forget her key.
(c) That she would forget the office number.
(d) That she would misspell a word.
15. How does Weller create some levity in the middle of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) By going into a tirade about the poor, drunken, condition of the Home.
(b) By doing some card tricks..
(c) By dancing in the rain.
(d) By beating the furniture with his cane.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 1, what is Fonsia's response to the name Weller calls her?
2. According to Weller, how many of his teammates attended Cobb's funeral?
3. What action does Weller take to try to mollify Fonsia as she is crying on the porch?
4. What entertainment takes place over the last hand of gin?
5. What illness put Weller in the convalescent home?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)