|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Upon losing the second game, Weller becomes upset and starts collecting cards. What does he forget to do?
(a) He forgets to count his own hand.
(b) He forgets to collect all the cards.
(c) He forgets to credit Fonsia her points toward the next game.
(d) He forgets to enter Fonsia's full score.
2. After making the mistake of getting sick, what mistake did Weller make next?
(a) Of going back to work.
(b) Of trying to "fix things."
(c) The next mistake Weller made was the mistake of falling in love.
(d) Of getting well.
3. How many points does Weller post in the first game in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. After losing the first hand of only their second game, Weller is no longer concerned about what?
(a) About Fonsia's memory.
(b) About playing to only 80.
(c) About finding a worthy adversary.
(d) About cheating.
5. According to Weller, what are dietitians not known for?
(a) Their compassion.
(b) Their creativity.
(c) Their imaginations.
(d) Their flavorful dishes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What force does Weller decide is at hand in Fonsia's winning streak in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. What dish do Weller and Fonsia complain of knowing of no one who likes it?
3. In Act 2, Scene 1, what is Weller referring to when he says "a warehouse for the intellectually and emotionally dead."
4. What kept Weller from relocating with his family?
5. In Act 1, Scene 2, Weller explains how he started enjoying playing gin earlier in life. What context did he play in?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)