|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is 'reassuring' to Weller?
(a) That Fonsia is getting a big head.
(b) That Fonsia isn't even trying.
(c) That Fonsia is carrying high cards.
(d) That Fonsia isn't happy about winning.
2. What is a 'leg' considered in scoring gin?
(a) The difference between the dealer's score and the leader's score.
(b) The difference between the score winning the game and the score of the next highest player.
(c) The carryover of points from one game to the next.
(d) The difference between the winner's score and the other player's score.
3. What mistake does Fonsia make in the first hand of the first game that spoils the round?
(a) Fonsia calls gin without discarding.
(b) Fonsia tells Weller she has all four aces.
(c) Fonsia lays down a pair without having gin.
(d) Fonsia lays her cards up face first.
4. What is the name of Fonsia's youngest grandchild?
5. What entertainment takes place over the last hand of gin?
(a) A magic performance takes place.
(b) A televangelist plays in the background.
(c) The Extended Family visits.
(d) A choir strikes up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Fonsia's husband?
2. At the start of the first hand in Act 1, Scene 2, Fonsia claims gin has what effect on her?
3. Weller claims that what is 'a racket'?
4. How is the first game of gin won in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. What ruse does Weller use to get Fonsia to come out and see him on the porch in Act 2, Scene 2?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)