|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many cards are dealt to the player (non-dealer)?
2. What is Weller using as a makeshift ashtray at the opening of the play?
(a) The side of the porch.
(b) The lid of a biscuit tin.
(c) A hub cap.
(d) An old shoe.
3. What is Weller's criticism of the Unitarian group in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) They want to criticize everything.
(b) They want to steal everything.
(c) They want to psychoanalyze everything.
(d) They want to improve everything.
4. What score does Fonsia win the fourth hand of gin with in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. What does Fonsia use the pillow for?
(a) To sort her cards on.
(b) To prop up her back.
(c) To sit on.
(d) To swat at Weller with.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Fonsia's husband?
2. According to Fonsia in Act 2, Scene 1, if Weller could see himself, he would what?
3. How is the way in which Fonsia plays her discard in the final hand of the play vindictive?
4. How was Fonsia raised?
5. In Act 2, Scene 1, Fonsia criticizes Weller for what?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)