|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fonsia claims that her mother would have killed her for playing cards. Why is that?
(a) Fonsia's mother considered card playing a sin, and would have looked down upon it.
(b) Fonsia's mother considered card playing a man's game, and would have looked down upon it.
(c) Fonsia's mother considered card playing below their station, and would have looked down upon it.
(d) Fonsia's mother considered card playing gambling, and would have looked down upon it.
2. According to Weller in Act 2, Scene 1, what is the hottest topic of discussion at the Home?
(a) One's funeral arrangements.
(b) The gospel hour.
(c) Canned vegetables.
3. What does Weller refer to as "dumb Gin"?
(a) Collecting royal straights.
(c) Holding face cards too long.
(d) Collecting only straights.
4. How many cards are dealt to the dealer in the gin game?
5. According to Weller, Fonsia makes harsh judgments. How does he feel that she's judged him?
(a) Made him out to be a hopeless sinner.
(b) Made him out to be a potential murderer.
(c) Made him out to be crazy.
(d) All answers are correct.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many points does Weller post in the first game in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. As Fonsia loses her temper in Act 2, Scene 2, what changes take place in her language?
3. What illness put Weller in the convalescent home?
4. According to Weller, the Welfare Department allows people to keep how much money?
5. After losing the first hand of only their second game, Weller is no longer concerned about what?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)