|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Weller, how can you get more Hollywoods traveling West?
(a) Because of headwinds.
(b) Because there are always more people going that direction.
(c) Because of the number of stops.
(d) Because you get one more Hollywood in LA.
2. What is Weller using as a makeshift ashtray at the opening of the play?
(a) The side of the porch.
(b) The lid of a biscuit tin.
(c) An old shoe.
(d) A hub cap.
3. How old is Fonsia's youngest grandchild?
4. When it comes to men, Fonsia admits that she's been what?
(a) Worn the pants.
(b) Been unhappy.
(d) Had to outsmart them.
5. How does Weller plan to trick Fonsia in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) By knocking.
(b) By discarding a face card.
(c) By switching the card he plans to discard at the last second.
(d) By discarding a card that he needs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the luckiest person Weller has ever seen play gin?
2. How did Weller find himself in this Home?
3. According to Weller, how does Fonsia play the first hand well?
4. What compliment does Weller make to Fonsia in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. Weller claims that what is 'a racket'?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)