|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the Sunshine Ladies?
(a) The nurses who hand out medication.
(b) A group that visits the Home.
(c) The ladies who prepare meals at the Home.
(d) A gospel group.
2. Weller's temper raises what concern for Fonsia?
(a) That Weller will strike her.
(b) That Weller will have a stroke.
(c) That Weller will start to curse.
(d) That Weller will begin breaking things.
3. In Act 2, Scene 2, Fonsia counters that it is Weller who is vindictive. In what way?
(a) Because he sued his partners just to get even.
(b) Because he has no relationship with his children.
(c) Because he will say anything to get her to play gin.
(d) For creating the rouse to get her out on the porch.
4. How did Fonsia get over the 'spells' she had after her divorce?
(c) Crying fits.
(d) The demands of raising her family.
5. What inconsequential mistake in her card playing does Weller bring to Fonsia's attention?
(a) Of not putting the discard card face up when calling gin.
(b) For slapping her cards when calling gin.
(c) Of not having her card total ready when calling gin.
(d) Of not putting the discard card face down when calling gin.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 1, what threat brings Fonsia to the card table?
2. What game is Weller playing at the opening of the play?
3. How large are the rooms at the home, according to Fonsia?
4. How does Fonsia explain her son's disinterest in visiting her?
5. Upon losing the second game, Weller becomes upset and starts collecting cards. What does he forget to do?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)