|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fonsia use the pillow for?
(a) To sit on.
(b) To sort her cards on.
(c) To swat at Weller with.
(d) To prop up her back.
2. How many cards are dealt to the dealer in the gin game?
3. What confession does Fonsia make to Weller towards the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) That she did cheat at gin.
(b) That her son does hate her.
(c) That she is also on welfare.
(d) That she did turn him in to the nurses.
4. What was the name of Fonsia's husband?
5. Fonsia wins the first gin game by doing what?
(a) By trapping Weller with high cards and knocking.
(b) By being dealt the perfect hand and calling gin immediately.
(c) By calling gin and leaving the hand open, and having nothing to discard.
(d) By picking up Weller's discarded Jack and calling gin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Fonsia has how many siblings?
2. As Weller begins losing his temper, he begins yelling. He also begins doing what?
3. What part of gin does Fonsia wish to stick to at first?
4. How many cards are dealt to the player (non-dealer)?
5. How many points do Fonsia and Weller play to in their first game?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)