|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Fonsia, why does she acquiesce and play a game of gin in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Because she didn't want to interact with the Extended Family.
(b) Because the Sunshine Ladies were running late.
(c) Because Weller would only pester her until she played.
(d) Because it might shut Weller up.
2. What comment does Fonsia make regarding Gladys Maye?
(a) That she is deaf.
(b) That she is suicidal.
(c) That she is too thin and doesn't eat enough.
(d) That she is bored.
3. How did Weller lose his savings?
(a) He spent his savings in trying to win back his business.
(b) He became ill.
(d) He spent his savings on trying to reconnect with his family.
4. What worry did Fonsia have when she was working?
(a) That she would misspell a word.
(b) That she would forget the office number.
(c) That she would forget her key.
(d) That she would call someone by the wrong name.
5. What illness put Weller in the convalescent home?
(b) A stroke.
(c) A heart attack.
(d) Lung cancer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Fonsia wins the first gin game by doing what?
2. How long was Weller in the Bel Air convalescent home?
3. According to Weller, Fonsia makes harsh judgments. How does he feel that she's judged him?
4. How many points do Fonsia and Weller play to in their first game?
5. According to Weller, how many of his teammates attended Cobb's funeral?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)