|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the score of the first hand played?
(a) Fonsia 42.
(b) Fonsia 20.
(c) Weller 42.
(d) Weller 55.
2. What is Weller's reaction of gin being called in the final hand in the play?
(a) He strikes out at Fonsia's chair with his cane.
(b) He flips over the table.
(c) He throws the deck of cards at Fonsia.
(d) He dances like a mad man in the rain.
3. Why does Fonsia think Weller wants to meet her on the porch in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) She thinks Weller is possibly crazy.
(b) She thinks Weller is simply sad.
(c) She thinks Weller is lonely.
(d) She thinks Weller is bored.
4. What card does Weller claim Fonsia fed him in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) The Jack of Diamonds.
(b) The Jack of Clubs.
(c) The Jack of Hearts.
(d) The Ace of Spades.
5. What game does Weller deal while he and Fonsia converse at the start of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) A hand rummy.
(b) A hand of gin.
(c) A hand of poker.
(d) A hand of solitaire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Fonsia's husband?
2. What is the Extended Family?
3. How could Weller's statement that 'Gin is a relaxing game,' bear out in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What can be "rather awesome at times," according to Weller?
5. How does Weller plan to trick Fonsia in Act 2, Scene 1?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)