|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Weller's complaint about the family of Gladys Maye?
(a) They're too stingy.
(b) They're too loud.
(c) They're too puritanical.
(d) They're too large.
2. How many cards are dealt to the player (non-dealer)?
3. In Act 2, Scene 1, Fonsia criticizes Weller for what?
(a) Having a sarcastic streak and a chauvinist attitude.
(b) Having a bad temper and a chauvinist streak.
(c) Having a horrible temper and being a racist.
(d) Having a sarcastic streak and a horrible temper.
4. According to Fonsia in Act 2, Scene 1, if Weller could see himself, he would what?
(a) He "would quit playing cards altogether."
(b) He "would call a doctor."
(c) He "would go send himself to bed."
(d) He "wouldn't act this way."
5. What part of gin does Fonsia wish to stick to at first?
(a) The knocking part of the game.
(b) The winning part of the game
(c) The discarding part of the game.
(d) The gin part of the game.
Short Answer Questions
1. How could Weller's statement that 'Gin is a relaxing game,' bear out in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. What is Weller's last name?
3. How is the way in which Fonsia plays her discard in the final hand of the play vindictive?
4. How does the Home, according to Weller, promote the theft of tenants' goods?
5. What does Weller decide to call Fonsia?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)