|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the second hand of the second game won in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) By Fonsia, who knocks to win.
(b) By Weller, who wins in three rounds.
(c) By Fonsia, who receives a perfect hand.
(d) By Weller, who receives a perfect hand.
2. In Act 2, Scene 1, what is Fonsia's response to the name Weller calls her?
(a) Throws her cards at him.
(b) Curses at him.
(c) Slaps him.
(d) Storms off.
3. In this game of gin, what is 'knocking'?
(a) Knocking allows a player to pick up a discarded card.
(b) Knocking is allowed once a game and is a pass on drawing a card.
(c) Knocking is a rule only the dealer can invoke requiring the player to discard two cards.
(d) Knocking is an alternate way of winning based on who has the fewest unmatched points in their hand.
4. How does Weller plan to trick Fonsia in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) By knocking.
(b) By discarding a face card.
(c) By discarding a card that he needs.
(d) By switching the card he plans to discard at the last second.
5. According to Fonsia in Act 2, Scene 1, she isn't being tough, but is instead what?
(a) Fed up.
(c) Not feeling hospitable.
(d) Being fair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What day does Act 1, Scene 2 take place?
2. What game does Weller deal while he and Fonsia converse at the start of Act 2, Scene 1?
3. What dish do Weller and Fonsia complain of knowing of no one who likes it?
4. What does Weller think drives the management of the Home to provide entertainment?
5. How many cards are dealt to the player (non-dealer)?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)