|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Fonsia's husband?
(a) Fonsia's husband and she divorced.
(b) Fonsia's husband died in World War II.
(c) Fonsia's husband died in a plane crash.
(d) Fonsia's husband abandoned her.
2. At the start of the first hand in Act 1, Scene 2, Fonsia claims gin has what effect on her?
(a) A relaxing effect.
(b) An assuring effect.
(c) A stressful effect.
(d) A motivating effect.
3. What does the family of Gladys Maye do to Weller that annoys him?
(a) Uses him as an example of a well-fed tenant.
(b) Uses him as an example of a possible suitor.
(c) Uses him an example of a possible 'play mate.'
(d) Uses him as an example of a content retiree.
4. What comment does Fonsia make regarding Gladys Maye?
(a) That she is bored.
(b) That she is suicidal.
(c) That she is deaf.
(d) That she is too thin and doesn't eat enough.
5. What scoring system does Weller employ in scoring gin?
(a) The Omaha method.
(b) The Kansis Style.
(c) The English basis.
(d) The Hollywood basis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What dish do Weller and Fonsia complain of knowing of no one who likes it?
2. How did Weller lose his savings?
3. When Weller begins losing his temper at the game, Fonsia threatens what?
4. What card does Weller give Fonsia in the final hand, that he claims to know she needs?
5. Who does Weller claim to be talking to when talking to himself in Act 2, Scene 1?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)