|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many cards are dealt to the dealer in the gin game?
2. In dealing the last hand of gin in Act 2, Scene 2, what does Weller do differently?
(a) Asks Fonsia to keep score.
(b) Deals himself first.
(c) Deals to Fonsia first.
(d) Cuts the deck.
3. What does Weller refer to as "dumb Gin"?
(a) Holding face cards too long.
(b) Collecting only straights.
(d) Collecting royal straights.
4. How is the first game of gin won in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) By drawing the card she needed on the first draw.
(b) By knocking.
(c) By receiving the perfect hand.
(d) By passing.
5. What does Weller believe the staff of the Home stole from him?
(a) A three hundred dollar watch.
(b) His prescriptions.
(c) His Social Security check.
(d) His cash.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Fonsia's son live?
2. According to Fonsia, the staff never offers her 'her' medicine, but instead patronizingly does what?
3. Weller cheats in the first hand by doing what?
4. What lie does Weller, through guess work, discover?
5. What is 'reassuring' to Weller?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)