|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Weller, how does Fonsia play the first hand well?
(a) By discarding her high cards.
(b) By knocking.
(c) By discarding what he needed.
(d) By retaining the Kings.
2. When Weller claims to have a good hand, what is Fonsia's response?
(a) "May the best woman win."
(b) "Good, it's about time."
(c) "I've got a good one, too."
(d) "I hope you win."
3. In Act 2, Scene 1, who does Weller claim gave Fonsia the card she needed?
(a) The Devil.
(d) His little man.
4. What are Weller's final words of the play?
(a) "Damnit to hell"
(b) "Gin, gin, gin."
(c) "I win, I win!"
(d) His final words are to call for a doctor.
5. How did Weller find himself in this Home?
(a) Himself, by giving them the last of his savings.
(b) He had to beg them to take him now that he was out of money.
(c) His sons placed him in "this cheap home."
(d) Weller was placed in this home by the Welfare Department.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Fonsia confronts Weller about his ruse in Act 2, Scene 2, what is Weller's response?
2. When it comes to men, Fonsia admits that she's been what?
3. In Act 2, Scene 1, what is Fonsia's response to the name Weller calls her?
4. Who is Weller's accomplice in his ruse in Act 2, Scene 2?
5. According to Weller, what are dietitians not known for?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)