|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What score does Fonsia win the fourth hand of gin with in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. Why does Fonsia think Weller wants to meet her on the porch in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) She thinks Weller is simply sad.
(b) She thinks Weller is lonely.
(c) She thinks Weller is possibly crazy.
(d) She thinks Weller is bored.
3. In Act 1, Scene 2, what does Weller attribute the winning streak to?
(a) To Fonsia 'sand bagging' her skill.
(b) To his own chivalry.
(c) An incredible run of luck.
(d) Ladies luck.
4. What is it in Act 1, Scene 2 that makes Fonsia dizzy?
(a) The hot weather.
(c) Lack of sleep.
(d) Her winning streak.
5. How was Weller possibly a dishonest business man?
(a) By taking more for his work than it was worth.
(b) By cutting his partners out of the profits.
(c) By selling his company out from underneath his partners.
(d) By exaggerating his travel expenses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Weller using as a makeshift ashtray at the opening of the play?
2. What is the score of the first hand played?
3. How did Fonsia separate from her husband?
4. After making the mistake of getting sick, what mistake did Weller make next?
5. What are Weller's final words of the play?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)