|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Weller find himself in this Home?
(a) His sons placed him in "this cheap home."
(b) Himself, by giving them the last of his savings.
(c) He had to beg them to take him now that he was out of money.
(d) Weller was placed in this home by the Welfare Department.
2. What word did Fonsia have to look up for twenty-five years?
3. What is the Extended Family?
(a) A group that visited the Home looking for substitute Grandparents.
(b) A church group that delivers canned food to the Home.
(c) It is what the staff refers to themselves as.
(d) A group that visited the Home to steal goods, but under the auspices of being an entertainment.
4. What does Weller accuse Fonsia of doing in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) Of convincing the staff to send a psychologist out to see Weller.
(b) Of turning him in to the nurses and branding him a trouble-maker.
(c) Of convincing the staff to change Weller's medications.
(d) Of cheating.
5. What force does Weller decide is at hand in Fonsia's winning streak in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Mind reading.
(d) Divine Intervention.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Weller think drives the management of the Home to provide entertainment?
2. In Act 2, Scene 1, who does Weller claim gave Fonsia the card she needed?
3. In Act 2, Scene 2, how does Fonsia drive home the example of Weller always having to be 'the victim of bad luck,' as opposed to accepting his mistakes?
4. What is the score of the first hand played?
5. How was Weller possibly a dishonest business man?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)