|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Weller's temper raises what concern for Fonsia?
(a) That Weller will strike her.
(b) That Weller will have a stroke.
(c) That Weller will start to curse.
(d) That Weller will begin breaking things.
2. What is Weller's reaction of gin being called in the final hand in the play?
(a) He dances like a mad man in the rain.
(b) He flips over the table.
(c) He strikes out at Fonsia's chair with his cane.
(d) He throws the deck of cards at Fonsia.
3. Why does Fonsia discard a Jack in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Because she hoped to close the game with the next hand.
(b) So Weller can win a hand.
(c) Because she doesn't need it.
(d) Because Weller citicized her for holding too many face cards earlier.
4. What remark does Weller make in Act 2, Scene 2 that Fonsia considers the most insulting remark she has heard in her life?
(a) That Fonsia is "vindictive."
(b) The problem with people in the world today is that "they have a mother who's just like you,"
(c) "You've made [your son] feel like the lowest piece of crap on earth for so long he can't stand the sight of you,"
(d) "You and your judgments ran [your husband] right out of the house."
5. What was the name of Fonsia's husband?
Short Answer Questions
1. What confession does Fonsia make to Weller towards the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
2. What game does Weller deal while he and Fonsia converse at the start of Act 2, Scene 1?
3. At the end of Act 2, Scene 1, what does Fonsia threaten to do to Weller?
4. What is Fonsia's nickname?
5. How does Weller create some levity in the middle of Act 2, Scene 2?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)