|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is 'reassuring' to Weller?
(a) That Fonsia is carrying high cards.
(b) That Fonsia isn't happy about winning.
(c) That Fonsia isn't even trying.
(d) That Fonsia is getting a big head.
2. How is the second hand of the second game won in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) By Weller, who wins in three rounds.
(b) By Fonsia, who knocks to win.
(c) By Weller, who receives a perfect hand.
(d) By Fonsia, who receives a perfect hand.
3. What entertainment takes place over the last hand of gin?
(a) A televangelist plays in the background.
(b) A magic performance takes place.
(c) A choir strikes up.
(d) The Extended Family visits.
4. Upon losing the second game, Weller becomes upset and starts collecting cards. What does he forget to do?
(a) He forgets to enter Fonsia's full score.
(b) He forgets to count his own hand.
(c) He forgets to credit Fonsia her points toward the next game.
(d) He forgets to collect all the cards.
5. According to Fonsia, what scared her about her last encounter with Weller?
(a) Weller's red face.
(b) Weller's throwing of the card table.
(c) Weller's yelling.
(d) Weller's language.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Fonsia's son?
2. As Weller begins losing his temper, he begins yelling. He also begins doing what?
3. In Act 2, Scene 1, what is Fonsia's response to the name Weller calls her?
4. According to Weller, how many of his teammates attended Cobb's funeral?
5. When is lightning used in the final scene of the play?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)