|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the minimum number of cards needed for a straight in gin?
(a) 2 cards.
(b) 3 cards.
(c) 5 cards.
(d) 4 cards.
2. What is Fonsia's nickname?
3. What game does Weller deal while he and Fonsia converse at the start of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) A hand of poker.
(b) A hand of solitaire.
(c) A hand rummy.
(d) A hand of gin.
4. How many points do Fonsia and Weller play to in their first game?
(a) 50 point.
(b) 150 points.
(c) 100 points.
(d) 200 points.
5. What mistake does Fonsia make in the first hand of the first game that spoils the round?
(a) Fonsia calls gin without discarding.
(b) Fonsia lays her cards up face first.
(c) Fonsia lays down a pair without having gin.
(d) Fonsia tells Weller she has all four aces.
Short Answer Questions
1. What remark does Weller make in Act 2, Scene 2 that Fonsia considers the most insulting remark she has heard in her life?
2. How many cards are dealt to the dealer in the gin game?
3. After losing the first hand of only their second game, Weller is no longer concerned about what?
4. What score does Fonsia win the fourth hand of gin with in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. What game is Weller playing at the opening of the play?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)