|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What confession does Fonsia make to Weller towards the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) That her son does hate her.
(b) That she did cheat at gin.
(c) That she did turn him in to the nurses.
(d) That she is also on welfare.
2. Who does Fonsia call for at the end of the play?
(b) For Mrs. Gibran.
(c) The Nurse.
(d) For her son.
3. What home does Fonsia wish to go to?
(a) The Presbyterian home.
(b) The Catholic home.
(c) The Lutheran home.
(d) The Calvinist home.
4. According to Weller, the Welfare Department allows people to keep how much money?
5. What compliment does Weller make to Fonsia in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) For having a good mind.
(b) For her good manners.
(c) For her style.
(d) For her card playing.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Fonsia and Weller, what does the Home lack more than anything else?
2. When Weller suggests that Fonsia check with her doctor and not a welfare quack, what does she snap back at him?
3. What does Fonsia use the pillow for?
4. In Act 2, Scene 1, Fonsia criticizes Weller for what?
5. What is Weller using as a makeshift ashtray at the opening of the play?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)