|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first move of the gin game?
(a) The dealer discards one card.
(b) The player randomly selects a card from the stack.
(c) The player discards one card.
(d) The dealer turns over a card from the stack.
2. What inconsequential mistake in her card playing does Weller bring to Fonsia's attention?
(a) For slapping her cards when calling gin.
(b) Of not putting the discard card face up when calling gin.
(c) Of not putting the discard card face down when calling gin.
(d) Of not having her card total ready when calling gin.
3. Why does Weller throw the score card to the ground in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Because he can't remember the score and it doesn't matter anyhow.
(b) Because Fonsia stands up for herself.
(c) Because he has yet to win a single hand.
(d) Because Fonsia knocked again.
4. What is Weller's reaction of gin being called in the final hand in the play?
(a) He throws the deck of cards at Fonsia.
(b) He flips over the table.
(c) He strikes out at Fonsia's chair with his cane.
(d) He dances like a mad man in the rain.
5. What game does Weller deal while he and Fonsia converse at the start of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) A hand of solitaire.
(b) A hand of poker.
(c) A hand rummy.
(d) A hand of gin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What illness does Fonsia have that requires constant care?
2. How many cards are dealt to the player (non-dealer)?
3. What confession does Fonsia make to Weller towards the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
4. According to Weller in Act 1, Scene 2, how are the percentages looking?
5. What card games is Fonsia familiar with?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)