|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Weller's final words of the play?
(a) His final words are to call for a doctor.
(b) "I win, I win!"
(c) "Damnit to hell"
(d) "Gin, gin, gin."
2. In Act 1, Scene 2, what does Weller attribute the winning streak to?
(a) To his own chivalry.
(b) Ladies luck.
(c) To Fonsia 'sand bagging' her skill.
(d) An incredible run of luck.
3. According to Fonsia in Act 2, Scene 1, she isn't being tough, but is instead what?
(a) Not feeling hospitable.
(c) Fed up.
(d) Being fair.
4. Weller draws what insult from the following statement by Fonsia: "I can't help it"?
(a) That she thinks he is destined to lose against her.
(b) That she is taking pity on him.
(c) That he doesn't know how to play gin.
(d) That he can't beat a woman.
5. Weller describes what as being the worst feeling of his life?
(a) His divorce proceedings.
(b) His losing streak.
(c) His first week in the Home.
(d) A kind of panic attack.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Weller's face is turning red in frustration, what is Fonsia doing?
2. What does Fonsia use the pillow for?
3. In Act 2, Scene 1, what is Fonsia's response to the name Weller calls her?
4. How long has Fonsia been at the home?
5. Where does Fonsia's sister live?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)