|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What dish do Weller and Fonsia complain of knowing of no one who likes it?
(a) Creamed corn.
(b) Boiled spinach.
(c) Stewed tomatoes.
(d) Celery root.
2. What kept Weller from relocating with his family?
(b) His parents.
(c) The court.
(d) His new wife.
3. What does Weller decide to call Fonsia?
(a) By whatever name comes to mind first.
(b) By his own nickname.
(c) By her nickname.
(d) By her proper name.
4. As Fonsia loses her temper in Act 2, Scene 2, what changes take place in her language?
(a) She begins to curse.
(b) Her grammar becomes worse.
(c) Her statements become condescending.
(d) She increasingly repeats herself.
5. In Act 2, Scene 2, Fonsia counters that it is Weller who is vindictive. In what way?
(a) Because he will say anything to get her to play gin.
(b) Because he has no relationship with his children.
(c) Because he sued his partners just to get even.
(d) For creating the rouse to get her out on the porch.
Short Answer Questions
1. Fonsia wins the first gin game by doing what?
2. What is Weller's response to Fonsia's winning the last hand of gin in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. In dealing the last hand of gin in Act 2, Scene 2, what does Weller do differently?
4. What comment does Fonsia make regarding Gladys Maye?
5. What illness does Weller claim he suffers from in Act One?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)