|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Fonsia's last name?
2. In Act 2, Scene 1, after Weller claims that Fonsia will no longer receive any help from him, what happens?
(a) He calls gin, but incorrectly.
(b) Fonsia knocks and wins the game.
(c) He discards the card she needs for gin.
(d) Fonsia is of help to him by discarding a card he needs.
3. What dish do Weller and Fonsia complain of knowing of no one who likes it?
(a) Celery root.
(b) Boiled spinach.
(c) Stewed tomatoes.
(d) Creamed corn.
4. What does Weller think drives the management of the Home to provide entertainment?
(a) That without entertainment the tenants would 'drop dead... en masse.'
(b) That without entertainment the tenants would 'find some other dive to die in.'
(c) That without entertainment the tenants would 'turn them in for their cooking.'
(d) That without entertainment the tenants would 'revolt.'
5. What game is Weller playing at the opening of the play?
(b) Texas hold 'em.
(d) Five card draw.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Weller, Fonsia makes harsh judgments. How does he feel that she's judged him?
2. How is the second hand of the second game won in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. How many points does Weller post in the first game in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What ruse does Weller use to get Fonsia to come out and see him on the porch in Act 2, Scene 2?
5. What is a 'leg' considered in scoring gin?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)