|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Upon losing the second game, Weller becomes upset and starts collecting cards. What does he forget to do?
(a) He forgets to credit Fonsia her points toward the next game.
(b) He forgets to count his own hand.
(c) He forgets to enter Fonsia's full score.
(d) He forgets to collect all the cards.
2. What is Weller's reaction to the televangelist?
(a) He prays.
(b) He dismisses him with a wave.
(c) He laughs.
(d) He gives him the finger.
3. What is a 'leg' considered in scoring gin?
(a) The difference between the dealer's score and the leader's score.
(b) The difference between the winner's score and the other player's score.
(c) The carryover of points from one game to the next.
(d) The difference between the score winning the game and the score of the next highest player.
4. What worry did Fonsia have when she was working?
(a) That she would misspell a word.
(b) That she would forget the office number.
(c) That she would call someone by the wrong name.
(d) That she would forget her key.
5. In Act 2, Scene 1, Fonsia criticizes Weller for what?
(a) Having a bad temper and a chauvinist streak.
(b) Having a horrible temper and being a racist.
(c) Having a sarcastic streak and a chauvinist attitude.
(d) Having a sarcastic streak and a horrible temper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What day does the final scene of the play take place on?
2. What is the Extended Family?
3. How does the Home, according to Weller, promote the theft of tenants' goods?
4. What signs does Weller show of possibly having a heart attack?
5. Who does Weller claim to be talking to when talking to himself in Act 2, Scene 1?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)