|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What lie does Weller, through guess work, discover?
(a) That Fonsia lied about being divorced.
(b) That Fonsia lied about having a sister in Ottawa.
(c) That Fonsia lied about having never played cards before.
(d) Where Fonsia's son lives.
2. How could Weller's statement that 'Gin is a relaxing game,' bear out in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) For Fonsia only.
(b) Conforming to the action.
(c) In direct contrast to the action.
(d) Perfectly in this scene, but none of the later scenes.
3. According to Weller in Act 2, Scene 1, what happens when you get too far away from playing gin?
4. What comment does Fonsia make regarding Gladys Maye?
(a) That she is deaf.
(b) That she is too thin and doesn't eat enough.
(c) That she is suicidal.
(d) That she is bored.
5. What is Weller's response to Fonsia's winning the last hand of gin in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) To throw the score sheet and curse at Fonsia.
(b) To go into a rage and overturn the card table.
(c) To storm from the stage.
(d) To bow to her and without a word, exit the scene.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ruse does Weller use to get Fonsia to come out and see him on the porch in Act 2, Scene 2?
2. Why does Weller seek out Fonsia at the beginning of Act 2?
3. How many points does Weller post in the first game in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What does the family of Gladys Maye do to Weller that annoys him?
5. In Act 2, Scene 2, what does Weller accuse Fonsia of doing by coming out to the porch when she knew it was a ruse?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)