|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fonsia wins a hand of gin that Weller would have won had he knocked. What card is she waiting for that eventually wins her the hand?
(a) The four of diamonds.
(b) An ace.
(c) A queen.
(d) The wild card.
2. According to Weller, how does Fonsia play the first hand well?
(a) By retaining the Kings.
(b) By knocking.
(c) By discarding her high cards.
(d) By discarding what he needed.
3. In Act 2, Scene 1, after Weller claims that Fonsia will no longer receive any help from him, what happens?
(a) He calls gin, but incorrectly.
(b) Fonsia is of help to him by discarding a card he needs.
(c) Fonsia knocks and wins the game.
(d) He discards the card she needs for gin.
4. What illness does Weller claim he suffers from in Act One?
(a) An advanced case of tooth decay.
(b) An advanced case writer's block.
(c) An advanced case of hum bug.
(d) An advanced case of old age.
5. What is the name of the home?
Short Answer Questions
1. As Fonsia loses her temper in Act 2, Scene 2, what changes take place in her language?
2. Who is the luckiest person Weller has ever seen play gin?
3. What is Weller's reaction of gin being called in the final hand in the play?
4. What dish do Weller and Fonsia complain of knowing of no one who likes it?
5. In Act 2, Scene 1, Fonsia criticizes Weller for what?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)