|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Ty Cobb?
(a) A basketball player.
(b) A musician.
(c) A football player.
(d) A baseball player.
2. What kept Weller from relocating with his family?
(b) The court.
(c) His parents.
(d) His new wife.
3. In Act 2, Scene 1, what threat brings Fonsia to the card table?
(a) The threat of interacting with the other 'glassy eyed' tenants.
(b) The threat of rain.
(c) The threat of gospel hour.
(d) The threat of another magicial performace.
4. What is Weller's reaction of gin being called in the final hand in the play?
(a) He dances like a mad man in the rain.
(b) He strikes out at Fonsia's chair with his cane.
(c) He throws the deck of cards at Fonsia.
(d) He flips over the table.
5. What is a 'leg' considered in scoring gin?
(a) The carryover of points from one game to the next.
(b) The difference between the winner's score and the other player's score.
(c) The difference between the score winning the game and the score of the next highest player.
(d) The difference between the dealer's score and the leader's score.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Fonsia misplace her card in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. What is the name of Fonsia's youngest grandchild?
3. According to Weller in Act 1, Scene 2, how are the percentages looking?
4. What day does the final scene of the play take place on?
5. Who is Weller's accomplice in his ruse in Act 2, Scene 2?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)