|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Weller, what is the one sin in card playing?
(a) Drawing to an inside straight.
(b) Discarding the ace of spades.
(c) Betting on the draw.
(d) Playing with joker's wild.
2. What kept Fonsia's husband from using violence against her?
(a) He was "too much of a coward."
(b) He was happy to have the relationship end.
(c) He was already wanted by the police.
(d) He was "too drunk to stand, as it was."
3. How did Fonsia separate from her husband?
(a) By moving out of the house.
(b) By putting everything he owned on the street.
(c) By packing up her son and leaving town.
(d) By suing him for everything he had.
4. What compliment does Weller make to Fonsia in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) For her style.
(b) For her card playing.
(c) For having a good mind.
(d) For her good manners.
5. Why does Fonsia think Weller wants to meet her on the porch in Act 2, Scene 2?
(a) She thinks Weller is simply sad.
(b) She thinks Weller is possibly crazy.
(c) She thinks Weller is lonely.
(d) She thinks Weller is bored.
Short Answer Questions
1. Act 2, Scene 1 transpires how long after the end of Act 1?
2. Weller cheats in the first hand by doing what?
3. In Act 2, Scene 2, how does Fonsia drive home the example of Weller always having to be 'the victim of bad luck,' as opposed to accepting his mistakes?
4. In Act 2, Scene 2, Fonsia counters that it is Weller who is vindictive. In what way?
5. Fonsia has how many siblings?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)