|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Weller in Act 1, Scene 2, how are the percentages looking?
(a) They are beginning to disfavor him.
(b) They are beginning to favor Fonsia.
(c) They are beginning to favor him.
(d) They are beginning to even out.
2. What game does Weller deal while he and Fonsia converse at the start of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) A hand of solitaire.
(b) A hand of poker.
(c) A hand of gin.
(d) A hand rummy.
3. At the start of the first hand in Act 1, Scene 2, Fonsia claims gin has what effect on her?
(a) An assuring effect.
(b) A relaxing effect.
(c) A motivating effect.
(d) A stressful effect.
4. What comment does Fonsia make regarding Gladys Maye?
(a) That she is bored.
(b) That she is too thin and doesn't eat enough.
(c) That she is deaf.
(d) That she is suicidal.
5. How many grandchildren does Fonsia have?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Fonsia's son?
2. What did Fonsia's son do to create a fissure in their relationship?
3. How was Weller possibly a dishonest business man?
4. What evidence does Weller provide in Act 2, Scene 2 to reflect Fonsia's vindictiveness?
5. What mistake does Fonsia make in the first hand of the first game that spoils the round?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)