|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What evidence does Weller provide in Act 2, Scene 2 to reflect Fonsia's vindictiveness?
(a) Her treatment of the Ash St. House.
(b) Her ex-husband.
(c) Mrs. Gibran.
(d) Her plyaing of the Jack of Hearts.
2. What is it in Act 1, Scene 2 that makes Fonsia dizzy?
(b) Her winning streak.
(c) Lack of sleep.
(d) The hot weather.
3. In this game of gin, what is 'knocking'?
(a) Knocking is allowed once a game and is a pass on drawing a card.
(b) Knocking is an alternate way of winning based on who has the fewest unmatched points in their hand.
(c) Knocking is a rule only the dealer can invoke requiring the player to discard two cards.
(d) Knocking allows a player to pick up a discarded card.
4. When it comes to men, Fonsia admits that she's been what?
(a) Had to outsmart them.
(b) Been unhappy.
(c) Worn the pants.
5. What comment does Fonsia make regarding Gladys Maye?
(a) That she is too thin and doesn't eat enough.
(b) That she is deaf.
(c) That she is bored.
(d) That she is suicidal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Fonsia's nickname?
2. In Act 1, Scene 2, what does Weller attribute the winning streak to?
3. What kept Weller from relocating with his family?
4. What word did Fonsia have to look up for twenty-five years?
5. What does Weller think drives the management of the Home to provide entertainment?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)