|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 2, how does Fonsia drive home the example of Weller always having to be 'the victim of bad luck,' as opposed to accepting his mistakes?
(a) By suggesting his business partners were probably better business men.
(b) By suggesting his wife wouldn't have left him had he been a stronger man.
(c) By suggesting his temper has lost him more than a gin partner.
(d) By suggesting he was always bound for welfare.
2. As Weller begins losing his temper, he begins yelling. He also begins doing what?
(a) Kicking the furniture.
(b) Making bigoted remarks.
(c) Holding his chest.
3. What game does Weller deal while he and Fonsia converse at the start of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) A hand of gin.
(b) A hand of solitaire.
(c) A hand rummy.
(d) A hand of poker.
4. What happened to Fonsia's husband?
(a) Fonsia's husband died in World War II.
(b) Fonsia's husband and she divorced.
(c) Fonsia's husband died in a plane crash.
(d) Fonsia's husband abandoned her.
5. Who was Ty Cobb?
(a) A basketball player.
(b) A football player.
(c) A musician.
(d) A baseball player.
Short Answer Questions
1. What force does Weller decide is at hand in Fonsia's winning streak in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. What is Weller's reaction of gin being called in the final hand in the play?
3. What is the name of Fonsia's youngest grandchild?
4. What scoring system does Weller employ in scoring gin?
5. In Act 1, Scene 2, Weller explains how he started enjoying playing gin earlier in life. What context did he play in?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)