|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Fonsia win the last hand of gin in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) By getting gin on Weller's discard.
(b) By knocking.
(c) On the draw.
(d) By Weller knocking.
2. What remark does Weller make in Act 2, Scene 2 that Fonsia considers the most insulting remark she has heard in her life?
(a) "You and your judgments ran [your husband] right out of the house."
(b) "You've made [your son] feel like the lowest piece of crap on earth for so long he can't stand the sight of you,"
(c) The problem with people in the world today is that "they have a mother who's just like you,"
(d) That Fonsia is "vindictive."
3. In Act 2, Scene 2, what does Weller accuse Fonsia of doing by coming out to the porch when she knew it was a ruse?
(a) Mocking him.
(b) Manipulating him.
(c) Trying to find more things to tattle on him for.
(d) Trying to beat him at gin.
4. According to Fonsia in Act 2, Scene 1, she isn't being tough, but is instead what?
(b) Being fair.
(c) Fed up.
(d) Not feeling hospitable.
5. How old is Fonsia's son?
Short Answer Questions
1. Upon losing the second game, Weller becomes upset and starts collecting cards. What does he forget to do?
2. According to Weller, what are dietitians not known for?
3. What are Weller's final words of the play?
4. When Weller begins losing his temper at the game, Fonsia threatens what?
5. Weller suggests what about his business partners in Act 1, Scene 1?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)