|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Fonsia and Weller, what does the Home lack more than anything else?
(a) Decent conversation.
(b) Sufficient staff.
2. What lie does Weller, through guess work, discover?
(a) Where Fonsia's son lives.
(b) That Fonsia lied about being divorced.
(c) That Fonsia lied about having never played cards before.
(d) That Fonsia lied about having a sister in Ottawa.
3. What time of day does Act 2, Scene 1 take place?
4. What is Weller using as a makeshift ashtray at the opening of the play?
(a) The lid of a biscuit tin.
(b) An old shoe.
(c) A hub cap.
(d) The side of the porch.
5. In Weller's rage, he confirms having what health condition, although he claimed to have no condition in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Psychotic episodes.
(b) Eating issues.
(c) Heart problems.
Short Answer Questions
1. What day does the final scene of the play take place on?
2. How many points does Weller post in the first game in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. What parallel does Fonsia draw between Weller and her ex-husband in the final scene?
4. In Act 1, Scene 2, Weller explains how he started enjoying playing gin earlier in life. What context did he play in?
5. What is Fonsia's last name?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)