|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Weller using as a makeshift ashtray at the opening of the play?
(a) The lid of a biscuit tin.
(b) An old shoe.
(c) A hub cap.
(d) The side of the porch.
2. What remark does Weller make in Act 2, Scene 2 that Fonsia considers the most insulting remark she has heard in her life?
(a) "You've made [your son] feel like the lowest piece of crap on earth for so long he can't stand the sight of you,"
(b) "You and your judgments ran [your husband] right out of the house."
(c) The problem with people in the world today is that "they have a mother who's just like you,"
(d) That Fonsia is "vindictive."
3. According to Weller in Act 2, Scene 1, what is the hottest topic of discussion at the Home?
(a) Canned vegetables.
(c) One's funeral arrangements.
(d) The gospel hour.
4. What is the name of Fonsia's youngest grandchild?
5. Fonsia wins a hand of gin that Weller would have won had he knocked. What card is she waiting for that eventually wins her the hand?
(a) A queen.
(b) An ace.
(c) The wild card.
(d) The four of diamonds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Fonsia's oldest grandchild?
2. Weller's temper raises what concern for Fonsia?
3. Who was Ty Cobb?
4. How does Fonsia explain her son's disinterest in visiting her?
5. What home does Fonsia wish to go to?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)