|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What dish do Weller and Fonsia complain of knowing of no one who likes it?
(a) Creamed corn.
(b) Stewed tomatoes.
(c) Boiled spinach.
(d) Celery root.
2. What does the family of Gladys Maye do to Weller that annoys him?
(a) Uses him an example of a possible 'play mate.'
(b) Uses him as an example of a well-fed tenant.
(c) Uses him as an example of a possible suitor.
(d) Uses him as an example of a content retiree.
3. What time of day does Act 2, Scene 1 take place?
4. In Act 2, Scene 2, Fonsia counters that it is Weller who is vindictive. In what way?
(a) Because he will say anything to get her to play gin.
(b) Because he sued his partners just to get even.
(c) Because he has no relationship with his children.
(d) For creating the rouse to get her out on the porch.
5. Fonsia wins the first gin game by doing what?
(a) By being dealt the perfect hand and calling gin immediately.
(b) By picking up Weller's discarded Jack and calling gin.
(c) By trapping Weller with high cards and knocking.
(d) By calling gin and leaving the hand open, and having nothing to discard.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Fonsia win the last hand of gin in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. What inconsequential mistake in her card playing does Weller bring to Fonsia's attention?
3. What is a 'leg' considered in scoring gin?
4. Who is the luckiest person Weller has ever seen play gin?
5. According to Weller, the Welfare Department allows people to keep how much money?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)