|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Fonsia separate from her husband?
(a) By putting everything he owned on the street.
(b) By moving out of the house.
(c) By packing up her son and leaving town.
(d) By suing him for everything he had.
2. What is it in Act 1, Scene 2 that makes Fonsia dizzy?
(a) The hot weather.
(c) Her winning streak.
(d) Lack of sleep.
3. When it comes to men, Fonsia admits that she's been what?
(a) Worn the pants.
(b) Had to outsmart them.
(d) Been unhappy.
4. What kind of work did Fonsia do before retiring?
(b) Apartment manager.
5. In Act 2, Scene 2, how does Fonsia drive home the example of Weller always having to be 'the victim of bad luck,' as opposed to accepting his mistakes?
(a) By suggesting he was always bound for welfare.
(b) By suggesting his wife wouldn't have left him had he been a stronger man.
(c) By suggesting his temper has lost him more than a gin partner.
(d) By suggesting his business partners were probably better business men.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many points do Fonsia and Weller play to in their first game?
2. In Act 2, Scene 1, according to Fonsia, every second breath of Weller's has to be what?
3. How long has Fonsia been at the home?
4. According to Weller, how can you get more Hollywoods traveling West?
5. What is Weller's complaint about the family of Gladys Maye?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)