|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Weller in Act 2, Scene 1, what happens when you get too far away from playing gin?
2. How did Fonsia get over the 'spells' she had after her divorce?
(b) Crying fits.
(d) The demands of raising her family.
3. In Act 2, Scene 1, what is Weller referring to when he says "a warehouse for the intellectually and emotionally dead."
(a) The Hospice Ward.
(b) The Senate.
(c) The State Legislature.
(d) The Home.
4. What is Weller's reaction to the televangelist?
(a) He dismisses him with a wave.
(b) He prays.
(c) He laughs.
(d) He gives him the finger.
5. What does Weller believe the staff of the Home stole from him?
(a) His prescriptions.
(b) A three hundred dollar watch.
(c) His Social Security check.
(d) His cash.
Short Answer Questions
1. Upon losing the second game, Weller becomes upset and starts collecting cards. What does he forget to do?
2. How old is Fonsia's oldest grandchild?
3. How many cards are dealt to the player (non-dealer)?
4. Weller's temper raises what concern for Fonsia?
5. What force does Weller decide is at hand in Fonsia's winning streak in Act 2, Scene 1?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)