|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How could Weller's statement that 'Gin is a relaxing game,' bear out in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Perfectly in this scene, but none of the later scenes.
(b) Conforming to the action.
(c) In direct contrast to the action.
(d) For Fonsia only.
2. What mistake does Fonsia make in the first hand of the first game that spoils the round?
(a) Fonsia tells Weller she has all four aces.
(b) Fonsia lays her cards up face first.
(c) Fonsia lays down a pair without having gin.
(d) Fonsia calls gin without discarding.
3. How many cards are dealt to the dealer in the gin game?
4. How does Fonsia win the last hand of gin in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) By Weller knocking.
(b) By knocking.
(c) On the draw.
(d) By getting gin on Weller's discard.
5. Upon losing the second game, Weller becomes upset and starts collecting cards. What does he forget to do?
(a) He forgets to credit Fonsia her points toward the next game.
(b) He forgets to count his own hand.
(c) He forgets to enter Fonsia's full score.
(d) He forgets to collect all the cards.
Short Answer Questions
1. Weller describes what as being the worst feeling of his life?
2. According to Fonsia, the staff never offers her 'her' medicine, but instead patronizingly does what?
3. How is the second hand of the second game won in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What comment does Fonsia make regarding Gladys Maye?
5. What is Weller's reaction to the televangelist?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)