|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 1, what threat brings Fonsia to the card table?
(a) The threat of rain.
(b) The threat of interacting with the other 'glassy eyed' tenants.
(c) The threat of another magicial performace.
(d) The threat of gospel hour.
2. How is the second hand of the second game won in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) By Weller, who receives a perfect hand.
(b) By Fonsia, who receives a perfect hand.
(c) By Fonsia, who knocks to win.
(d) By Weller, who wins in three rounds.
3. Fonsia has how many siblings?
(a) 2 siblings.
(b) 1 sibling.
(c) 4 siblings.
(d) 3 siblings.
4. How does Weller use Fonsia's son against her in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) To underscore her wealth.
(b) To question her honesty.
(c) To underscore her abrasiveness.
(d) To underscore her loneliness.
5. How could Weller's statement that 'Gin is a relaxing game,' bear out in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Conforming to the action.
(b) Perfectly in this scene, but none of the later scenes.
(c) In direct contrast to the action.
(d) For Fonsia only.
Short Answer Questions
1. What game is Weller playing at the opening of the play?
2. What is Weller using as a makeshift ashtray at the opening of the play?
3. What inconsequential mistake in her card playing does Weller bring to Fonsia's attention?
4. According to Weller, what is the one sin in card playing?
5. What mistake does Weller make in the card game at the end of Act 1?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)