|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Weller begins losing his temper at the game, Fonsia threatens what?
(a) To beat him without letting him score a single point.
(b) To start playing seriously.
(c) To start keeping score herself.
(d) To stop playing.
2. What dish do Weller and Fonsia complain of knowing of no one who likes it?
(a) Creamed corn.
(b) Stewed tomatoes.
(c) Celery root.
(d) Boiled spinach.
3. What is Fonsia's nickname?
4. In Act 2, Scene 1, what is Fonsia's first reaction to Weller getting the cards?
(a) Fonsia's first response is to leave.
(b) Fonsia's first response is to claim she will win.
(c) Fonsia's first response is to pretend to be ill.
(d) Fonsia's first response is to proclaim that she will not play.
5. In Act 2, Scene 1, after Weller claims that Fonsia will no longer receive any help from him, what happens?
(a) He discards the card she needs for gin.
(b) He calls gin, but incorrectly.
(c) Fonsia is of help to him by discarding a card he needs.
(d) Fonsia knocks and wins the game.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Weller throw the score card to the ground in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. In Weller's rage, he confirms having what health condition, although he claimed to have no condition in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. What does the family of Gladys Maye do to Weller that annoys him?
4. At the end of Act 2, Scene 1, what does Fonsia threaten to do to Weller?
5. How does the Home, according to Weller, promote the theft of tenants' goods?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)