|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Weller plan to trick Fonsia in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) By switching the card he plans to discard at the last second.
(b) By discarding a card that he needs.
(c) By discarding a face card.
(d) By knocking.
2. What was the name of Fonsia's husband?
3. How many points does Weller post in the first game in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. According to Weller, what is the one sin in card playing?
(a) Drawing to an inside straight.
(b) Discarding the ace of spades.
(c) Playing with joker's wild.
(d) Betting on the draw.
5. In this game of gin, what is 'knocking'?
(a) Knocking is an alternate way of winning based on who has the fewest unmatched points in their hand.
(b) Knocking is allowed once a game and is a pass on drawing a card.
(c) Knocking is a rule only the dealer can invoke requiring the player to discard two cards.
(d) Knocking allows a player to pick up a discarded card.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Act 2, Scene 1, what does Fonsia threaten to do to Weller?
2. Why does Fonsia discard a Jack in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. What is a 'leg' considered in scoring gin?
4. What is the score of the first hand played?
5. What mistake does Weller make in the card game at the end of Act 1?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)