|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the start of the first hand in Act 1, Scene 2, Fonsia claims gin has what effect on her?
(a) A stressful effect.
(b) An assuring effect.
(c) A relaxing effect.
(d) A motivating effect.
2. What happened to Fonsia's husband?
(a) Fonsia's husband and she divorced.
(b) Fonsia's husband abandoned her.
(c) Fonsia's husband died in World War II.
(d) Fonsia's husband died in a plane crash.
3. What game is Weller playing at the opening of the play?
(a) Texas hold 'em.
(d) Five card draw.
4. What does Fonsia use the pillow for?
(a) To sort her cards on.
(b) To swat at Weller with.
(c) To sit on.
(d) To prop up her back.
5. How could Weller's statement that 'Gin is a relaxing game,' bear out in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) In direct contrast to the action.
(b) Perfectly in this scene, but none of the later scenes.
(c) For Fonsia only.
(d) Conforming to the action.
Short Answer Questions
1. What promise does Weller quickly break in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. According to Fonsia in Act 2, Scene 1, if Weller could see himself, he would what?
3. Why does Fonsia discard a Jack in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. What is the score of the first hand played?
5. Fonsia wins a hand of gin that Weller would have won had he knocked. What card is she waiting for that eventually wins her the hand?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)