|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fonsia wins the first gin game by doing what?
(a) By trapping Weller with high cards and knocking.
(b) By calling gin and leaving the hand open, and having nothing to discard.
(c) By being dealt the perfect hand and calling gin immediately.
(d) By picking up Weller's discarded Jack and calling gin.
2. What does Fonsia use the pillow for?
(a) To prop up her back.
(b) To sort her cards on.
(c) To sit on.
(d) To swat at Weller with.
3. In Act 2, Scene 1, Fonsia criticizes Weller for what?
(a) Having a sarcastic streak and a horrible temper.
(b) Having a sarcastic streak and a chauvinist attitude.
(c) Having a bad temper and a chauvinist streak.
(d) Having a horrible temper and being a racist.
4. What card does Weller claim Fonsia fed him in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) The Ace of Spades.
(b) The Jack of Clubs.
(c) The Jack of Hearts.
(d) The Jack of Diamonds.
5. According to Fonsia, why does she acquiesce and play a game of gin in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Because it might shut Weller up.
(b) Because Weller would only pester her until she played.
(c) Because the Sunshine Ladies were running late.
(d) Because she didn't want to interact with the Extended Family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the dietitian's name?
2. Who does Weller claim to be talking to when talking to himself in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. Who is the luckiest person Weller has ever seen play gin?
4. Weller cheats in the first hand by doing what?
5. How many cards are dealt to the dealer in the gin game?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)