|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Weller in Act 2, Scene 1, what happens when you get too far away from playing gin?
2. Why does Weller seek out Fonsia at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) To tell her his watch was found by the police.
(b) To tell her that her family is there to see her.
(c) To check on her condition.
(d) To apologize to her.
3. What change in appearance has overcome both characters in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) They are both dressed informally.
(b) They are both neatly dressed.
(c) Both are dressed for cold weather.
(d) They both appear ill.
4. According to Weller in Act 2, Scene 1, what is the hottest topic of discussion at the Home?
(a) One's funeral arrangements.
(b) Canned vegetables.
(c) The gospel hour.
5. What does Fonsia use the pillow for?
(a) To sort her cards on.
(b) To swat at Weller with.
(c) To sit on.
(d) To prop up her back.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Fonsia's oldest grandchild?
2. In Act 2, Scene 1, what is Fonsia's response to the name Weller calls her?
3. According to Fonsia in Act 2, Scene 1, she isn't being tough, but is instead what?
4. How does the Home, according to Weller, promote the theft of tenants' goods?
5. What worry did Fonsia have when she was working?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)