|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Fonsia, why does she acquiesce and play a game of gin in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Because Weller would only pester her until she played.
(b) Because the Sunshine Ladies were running late.
(c) Because she didn't want to interact with the Extended Family.
(d) Because it might shut Weller up.
2. What does Weller refer to as "dumb Gin"?
(b) Holding face cards too long.
(c) Collecting royal straights.
(d) Collecting only straights.
3. What three cards does Weller need to win at the end of Act 1?
(a) Any 5, any 6, or the 7 of Clubs.
(b) Any ace.
(c) Any 2 or the King of Clubs.
(d) Only the 7of Clubs.
4. Fonsia wins a hand of gin that Weller would have won had he knocked. What card is she waiting for that eventually wins her the hand?
(a) A queen.
(b) An ace.
(c) The four of diamonds.
(d) The wild card.
5. Weller cheats in the first hand by doing what?
(a) Looking at Fonsia's cards.
(b) Dealing her an extra card.
(c) Discarding a point card.
(d) Reshuffling the hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. In this game of gin, what is 'knocking'?
2. Why does Weller throw the score card to the ground in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. How many kids does Weller have?
4. How many points does Weller post in the first game in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. Where does Fonsia misplace her card in Act 1, Scene 1?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)