|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What three cards does Weller need to win at the end of Act 1?
(a) Any ace.
(b) Only the 7of Clubs.
(c) Any 2 or the King of Clubs.
(d) Any 5, any 6, or the 7 of Clubs.
2. What is the minimum number of cards needed for a straight in gin?
(a) 5 cards.
(b) 4 cards.
(c) 2 cards.
(d) 3 cards.
3. In Act 2, Scene 1, what is Weller referring to when he says "a warehouse for the intellectually and emotionally dead."
(a) The Home.
(b) The State Legislature.
(c) The Senate.
(d) The Hospice Ward.
4. Why does Weller seek out Fonsia at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) To check on her condition.
(b) To tell her that her family is there to see her.
(c) To tell her his watch was found by the police.
(d) To apologize to her.
5. At the start of the first hand in Act 1, Scene 2, Fonsia claims gin has what effect on her?
(a) A stressful effect.
(b) An assuring effect.
(c) A relaxing effect.
(d) A motivating effect.
Short Answer Questions
1. How large are the rooms at the home, according to Fonsia?
2. Why does Fonsia discard a Jack in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. What is 'reassuring' to Weller?
4. Who does Weller claim to be talking to when talking to himself in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. What is it in Act 1, Scene 2 that makes Fonsia dizzy?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)