|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Weller in Act 2, Scene 1, what is the hottest topic of discussion at the Home?
(a) The gospel hour.
(c) One's funeral arrangements.
(d) Canned vegetables.
2. How large are the rooms at the home, according to Fonsia?
(a) 8 foot by 8 foot closets.
(b) 10 foot square boxes.
(c) 10 foot by 15 foot shoe boxes.
(d) 12 foot by 12 foot cubes.
3. In Act 2, Scene 1, Fonsia criticizes Weller for what?
(a) Having a sarcastic streak and a horrible temper.
(b) Having a sarcastic streak and a chauvinist attitude.
(c) Having a horrible temper and being a racist.
(d) Having a bad temper and a chauvinist streak.
4. According to Fonsia in Act 2, Scene 1, she isn't being tough, but is instead what?
(a) Not feeling hospitable.
(c) Being fair.
(d) Fed up.
5. In Act 2, Scene 1, what is Weller referring to when he says "a warehouse for the intellectually and emotionally dead."
(a) The Senate.
(b) The State Legislature.
(c) The Hospice Ward.
(d) The Home.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 2, Weller explains how he started enjoying playing gin earlier in life. What context did he play in?
2. What change in appearance has overcome both characters in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. What does Weller believe the staff of the Home stole from him?
4. What is 'reassuring' to Weller?
5. In Act 2, Scene 1, according to Fonsia, every second breath of Weller's has to be what?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)