|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Home, according to Weller, promote the theft of tenants' goods?
(a) By not paying well enough.
(b) By understaffing.
(c) By not making theft a firing offense.
(d) By not providing safes.
2. What can be "rather awesome at times," according to Weller?
(a) His temper.
(b) The welfare beurocracy.
(c) The boredom.
(d) The spring weather.
3. What does Weller decide to call Fonsia?
(a) By his own nickname.
(b) By her proper name.
(c) By her nickname.
(d) By whatever name comes to mind first.
4. According to Weller in Act 2, Scene 1, what happens when you get too far away from playing gin?
5. According to Fonsia, why does she acquiesce and play a game of gin in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Because Weller would only pester her until she played.
(b) Because she didn't want to interact with the Extended Family.
(c) Because the Sunshine Ladies were running late.
(d) Because it might shut Weller up.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Weller suggests that Fonsia check with her doctor and not a welfare quack, what does she snap back at him?
2. What mistake does Weller make in the card game at the end of Act 1?
3. What is the name of Fonsia's youngest grandchild?
4. What promise does Weller quickly break in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. What is it in Act 1, Scene 2 that makes Fonsia dizzy?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)