|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What worry did Fonsia have when she was working?
(a) That she would call someone by the wrong name.
(b) That she would forget the office number.
(c) That she would misspell a word.
(d) That she would forget her key.
2. What one subject does Mrs. Leala want to discuss?
(a) Only her funeral arrangements.
(b) Only her son William.
(c) Her plans for going to the Presbyterian Home.
(d) Only food.
3. In Act 2, Scene 1, Fonsia criticizes Weller for what?
(a) Having a sarcastic streak and a chauvinist attitude.
(b) Having a bad temper and a chauvinist streak.
(c) Having a horrible temper and being a racist.
(d) Having a sarcastic streak and a horrible temper.
4. How old is Fonsia's youngest grandchild?
5. According to Fonsia in Act 2, Scene 1, if Weller could see himself, he would what?
(a) He "wouldn't act this way."
(b) He "would quit playing cards altogether."
(c) He "would go send himself to bed."
(d) He "would call a doctor."
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 1, what is Fonsia's response to the name Weller calls her?
2. How does Weller use Fonsia's son against her in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. What is 'reassuring' to Weller?
4. What inconsequential mistake in her card playing does Weller bring to Fonsia's attention?
5. In Act 1, Scene 2, Weller explains how he started enjoying playing gin earlier in life. What context did he play in?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)