|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Weller begins losing his temper at the game, Fonsia threatens what?
(a) To stop playing.
(b) To beat him without letting him score a single point.
(c) To start playing seriously.
(d) To start keeping score herself.
2. What is Fonsia's nickname?
3. When Weller suggests that Fonsia check with her doctor and not a welfare quack, what does she snap back at him?
(a) That her doctor is the best money can buy.
(b) That there is nothing wrong with welfare doctors.
(c) That she can take care of herself.
(d) That she is not on welfare.
4. What is 'reassuring' to Weller?
(a) That Fonsia isn't happy about winning.
(b) That Fonsia is getting a big head.
(c) That Fonsia isn't even trying.
(d) That Fonsia is carrying high cards.
5. Fonsia wins the first gin game by doing what?
(a) By trapping Weller with high cards and knocking.
(b) By picking up Weller's discarded Jack and calling gin.
(c) By being dealt the perfect hand and calling gin immediately.
(d) By calling gin and leaving the hand open, and having nothing to discard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Weller blame his relationship with his children on?
2. According to Weller in Act 1, Scene 2, how are the percentages looking?
3. How could Weller's statement that 'Gin is a relaxing game,' bear out in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. What is Fonsia's son's name?
5. Weller draws what insult from the following statement by Fonsia: "I can't help it"?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)