|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How could Weller's statement that 'Gin is a relaxing game,' bear out in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) For Fonsia only.
(b) Perfectly in this scene, but none of the later scenes.
(c) Conforming to the action.
(d) In direct contrast to the action.
2. In Act 1, Scene 2, Weller explains how he started enjoying playing gin earlier in life. What context did he play in?
(a) As a father.
(b) As a business partner.
(c) As a businessman on business trips.
(d) As a traveling salesman.
3. What is the name of the home?
4. What is the name of Fonsia's youngest grandchild?
5. In Act 1, Scene 2, what does Weller attribute the winning streak to?
(a) Ladies luck.
(b) To his own chivalry.
(c) An incredible run of luck.
(d) To Fonsia 'sand bagging' her skill.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Weller claims to have a good hand, what is Fonsia's response?
2. Who is the luckiest person Weller has ever seen play gin?
3. What scoring system does Weller employ in scoring gin?
4. What is Fonsia's nickname?
5. What is Weller using as a makeshift ashtray at the opening of the play?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)