|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What dish do Weller and Fonsia complain of knowing of no one who likes it?
(a) Celery root.
(b) Creamed corn.
(c) Stewed tomatoes.
(d) Boiled spinach.
2. What is the first move of the gin game?
(a) The dealer turns over a card from the stack.
(b) The player discards one card.
(c) The dealer discards one card.
(d) The player randomly selects a card from the stack.
3. What change in appearance has overcome both characters in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) They are both dressed informally.
(b) Both are dressed for cold weather.
(c) They are both neatly dressed.
(d) They both appear ill.
4. What is a 'leg' considered in scoring gin?
(a) The carryover of points from one game to the next.
(b) The difference between the winner's score and the other player's score.
(c) The difference between the dealer's score and the leader's score.
(d) The difference between the score winning the game and the score of the next highest player.
5. What does Weller think drives the management of the Home to provide entertainment?
(a) That without entertainment the tenants would 'turn them in for their cooking.'
(b) That without entertainment the tenants would 'drop dead... en masse.'
(c) That without entertainment the tenants would 'revolt.'
(d) That without entertainment the tenants would 'find some other dive to die in.'
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Weller, how does Fonsia play the first hand well?
2. Weller suggests what about his business partners in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. What is Weller's reaction to the televangelist?
4. What best describes the relationship between Weller and his children?
5. According to Weller, how can you get more Hollywoods traveling West?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)