|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Fonsia misplace her card in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Under the ash tray.
(b) Behind her ear.
(c) In her lap.
(d) In her mouth.
2. How old is Fonsia's son?
3. What does the family of Gladys Maye do to Weller that annoys him?
(a) Uses him as an example of a possible suitor.
(b) Uses him as an example of a well-fed tenant.
(c) Uses him as an example of a content retiree.
(d) Uses him an example of a possible 'play mate.'
4. According to Fonsia, the staff never offers her 'her' medicine, but instead patronizingly does what?
(a) Offers"yummy" medicine.
(b) Offers "her" medicine.
(c) Offers "our" medicine.
(d) Offers "Honey's" medicine.
5. How many cards are dealt to the player (non-dealer)?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Weller refer to as "dumb Gin"?
2. How could Weller's statement that 'Gin is a relaxing game,' bear out in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. What is the name of Fonsia's oldest grandchild?
4. While Weller's face is turning red in frustration, what is Fonsia doing?
5. According to Fonsia and Weller, what does the Home lack more than anything else?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)