|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What mistake does Weller make in the card game at the end of Act 1?
(a) Of calling out the cards he needs.
(b) Of calling out gin before his hand is completed.
(c) Of discarding a card he needs.
(d) Of discarding a card he know Fonsia needs.
2. Fonsia claims that her mother would have killed her for playing cards. Why is that?
(a) Fonsia's mother considered card playing gambling, and would have looked down upon it.
(b) Fonsia's mother considered card playing below their station, and would have looked down upon it.
(c) Fonsia's mother considered card playing a sin, and would have looked down upon it.
(d) Fonsia's mother considered card playing a man's game, and would have looked down upon it.
3. What change in appearance has overcome both characters in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Both are dressed for cold weather.
(b) They are both neatly dressed.
(c) They are both dressed informally.
(d) They both appear ill.
4. What is the name of the home?
5. What is Weller's complaint about the family of Gladys Maye?
(a) They're too loud.
(b) They're too stingy.
(c) They're too large.
(d) They're too puritanical.
Short Answer Questions
1. Fonsia has how many siblings?
2. What is Weller using as a makeshift ashtray at the opening of the play?
3. What card games is Fonsia familiar with?
4. What does Weller think drives the management of the Home to provide entertainment?
5. How old is Fonsia's youngest grandchild?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)