|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What score does Fonsia win the fourth hand of gin with in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. According to Weller, the Welfare Department allows people to keep how much money?
3. According to Weller, how does Fonsia play the first hand well?
(a) By discarding what he needed.
(b) By knocking.
(c) By retaining the Kings.
(d) By discarding her high cards.
4. Weller's temper raises what concern for Fonsia?
(a) That Weller will strike her.
(b) That Weller will have a stroke.
(c) That Weller will begin breaking things.
(d) That Weller will start to curse.
5. According to Fonsia, the staff never offers her 'her' medicine, but instead patronizingly does what?
(a) Offers "our" medicine.
(b) Offers "Honey's" medicine.
(c) Offers"yummy" medicine.
(d) Offers "her" medicine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What illness does Weller claim he suffers from in Act One?
2. What does the family of Gladys Maye do to Weller that annoys him?
3. How large are the rooms at the home, according to Fonsia?
4. While Weller's face is turning red in frustration, what is Fonsia doing?
5. In this game of gin, what is 'knocking'?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)