|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Weller think drives the management of the Home to provide entertainment?
(a) That without entertainment the tenants would 'find some other dive to die in.'
(b) That without entertainment the tenants would 'turn them in for their cooking.'
(c) That without entertainment the tenants would 'revolt.'
(d) That without entertainment the tenants would 'drop dead... en masse.'
2. How old is Fonsia's oldest grandchild?
3. At the start of the first hand in Act 1, Scene 2, Fonsia claims gin has what effect on her?
(a) A relaxing effect.
(b) A stressful effect.
(c) An assuring effect.
(d) A motivating effect.
4. What does Weller believe the staff of the Home stole from him?
(a) His cash.
(b) His prescriptions.
(c) A three hundred dollar watch.
(d) His Social Security check.
5. How is the first game of gin won in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) By drawing the card she needed on the first draw.
(b) By passing.
(c) By knocking.
(d) By receiving the perfect hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the home?
2. According to Weller, what is the one sin in card playing?
3. Fonsia claims that her mother would have killed her for playing cards. Why is that?
4. What day does Act 1, Scene 2 take place?
5. What does Weller blame his relationship with his children on?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)