|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the first game of gin won in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) By knocking.
(b) By drawing the card she needed on the first draw.
(c) By passing.
(d) By receiving the perfect hand.
2. What was the name of Fonsia's husband?
3. When Weller begins losing his temper at the game, Fonsia threatens what?
(a) To start keeping score herself.
(b) To stop playing.
(c) To beat him without letting him score a single point.
(d) To start playing seriously.
4. Fonsia claims that her mother would have killed her for playing cards. Why is that?
(a) Fonsia's mother considered card playing a man's game, and would have looked down upon it.
(b) Fonsia's mother considered card playing a sin, and would have looked down upon it.
(c) Fonsia's mother considered card playing below their station, and would have looked down upon it.
(d) Fonsia's mother considered card playing gambling, and would have looked down upon it.
5. What dish do Weller and Fonsia complain of knowing of no one who likes it?
(a) Stewed tomatoes.
(b) Creamed corn.
(c) Boiled spinach.
(d) Celery root.
Short Answer Questions
1. How could Weller's statement that 'Gin is a relaxing game,' bear out in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. According to Weller, the Welfare Department allows people to keep how much money?
3. Weller suggests what about his business partners in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. Weller cheats in the first hand by doing what?
5. In this game of gin, what is 'knocking'?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)