|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Weller's complaint about the family of Gladys Maye?
(a) They're too puritanical.
(b) They're too loud.
(c) They're too large.
(d) They're too stingy.
2. What does Weller refer to as "dumb Gin"?
(a) Holding face cards too long.
(b) Collecting royal straights.
(d) Collecting only straights.
3. What scoring system does Weller employ in scoring gin?
(a) The Kansis Style.
(b) The Hollywood basis.
(c) The Omaha method.
(d) The English basis.
4. How old is Fonsia's son?
5. What part of gin does Fonsia wish to stick to at first?
(a) The discarding part of the game.
(b) The knocking part of the game.
(c) The winning part of the game
(d) The gin part of the game.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a 'leg' considered in scoring gin?
2. What does Fonsia use the pillow for?
3. What is Fonsia's son's name?
4. Weller draws what insult from the following statement by Fonsia: "I can't help it"?
5. Weller describes what as being the worst feeling of his life?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)