|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the first game of gin won in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) By passing.
(b) By knocking.
(c) By drawing the card she needed on the first draw.
(d) By receiving the perfect hand.
2. In Act 1, Scene 2, what does Weller attribute the winning streak to?
(a) To Fonsia 'sand bagging' her skill.
(b) An incredible run of luck.
(c) Ladies luck.
(d) To his own chivalry.
3. According to Weller, how can you get more Hollywoods traveling West?
(a) Because you get one more Hollywood in LA.
(b) Because of headwinds.
(c) Because there are always more people going that direction.
(d) Because of the number of stops.
4. What does Fonsia use the pillow for?
(a) To sort her cards on.
(b) To sit on.
(c) To swat at Weller with.
(d) To prop up her back.
5. In Weller's rage, he confirms having what health condition, although he claimed to have no condition in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Heart problems.
(c) Eating issues.
(d) Psychotic episodes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Weller's response to Fonsia's winning the last hand of gin in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. Weller draws what insult from the following statement by Fonsia: "I can't help it"?
3. What mistake does Fonsia make in the first hand of the first game that spoils the round?
4. As Weller begins losing his temper, he begins yelling. He also begins doing what?
5. Weller describes what as being the worst feeling of his life?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)