|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How could Weller's statement that 'Gin is a relaxing game,' bear out in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) In direct contrast to the action.
(b) Conforming to the action.
(c) Perfectly in this scene, but none of the later scenes.
(d) For Fonsia only.
2. According to Weller, how can you get more Hollywoods traveling West?
(a) Because there are always more people going that direction.
(b) Because of the number of stops.
(c) Because you get one more Hollywood in LA.
(d) Because of headwinds.
3. What kept Weller from relocating with his family?
(a) The court.
(b) His parents.
(c) His new wife.
4. At the start of the first hand in Act 1, Scene 2, Fonsia claims gin has what effect on her?
(a) A relaxing effect.
(b) A stressful effect.
(c) A motivating effect.
(d) An assuring effect.
5. After losing the first hand of only their second game, Weller is no longer concerned about what?
(a) About playing to only 80.
(b) About finding a worthy adversary.
(c) About cheating.
(d) About Fonsia's memory.
Short Answer Questions
1. Fonsia wins the first gin game by doing what?
2. According to Weller, what are dietitians not known for?
3. What is it in Act 1, Scene 2 that makes Fonsia dizzy?
4. What dish do Weller and Fonsia complain of knowing of no one who likes it?
5. What day does Act 1, Scene 2 take place?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)