|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Weller, what is the one sin in card playing?
(a) Discarding the ace of spades.
(b) Playing with joker's wild.
(c) Betting on the draw.
(d) Drawing to an inside straight.
2. At the start of the first hand in Act 1, Scene 2, Fonsia claims gin has what effect on her?
(a) A relaxing effect.
(b) An assuring effect.
(c) A stressful effect.
(d) A motivating effect.
3. What best describes the relationship between Weller and his children?
(a) They have a 'fiscal' relationship.
(b) They have a combative relationsip.
(c) They have a mistrusting relationship.
(d) They have lost touch with one another.
4. Who is the luckiest person Weller has ever seen play gin?
(a) His ex-wife.
(c) His son.
5. What illness does Weller claim he suffers from in Act One?
(a) An advanced case of old age.
(b) An advanced case of hum bug.
(c) An advanced case of tooth decay.
(d) An advanced case writer's block.
Short Answer Questions
1. Weller describes what as being the worst feeling of his life?
2. What is Fonsia's nickname?
3. When Weller begins losing his temper at the game, Fonsia threatens what?
4. How is the second hand of the second game won in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. Where does Fonsia misplace her card in Act 1, Scene 1?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)