|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Weller believe the staff of the Home stole from him?
(a) A three hundred dollar watch.
(b) His prescriptions.
(c) His Social Security check.
(d) His cash.
2. Weller cheats in the first hand by doing what?
(a) Discarding a point card.
(b) Reshuffling the hand.
(c) Dealing her an extra card.
(d) Looking at Fonsia's cards.
3. What does Weller decide to call Fonsia?
(a) By her proper name.
(b) By his own nickname.
(c) By her nickname.
(d) By whatever name comes to mind first.
4. What dish do Weller and Fonsia complain of knowing of no one who likes it?
(a) Stewed tomatoes.
(b) Creamed corn.
(c) Boiled spinach.
(d) Celery root.
5. Upon losing the second game, Weller becomes upset and starts collecting cards. What does he forget to do?
(a) He forgets to credit Fonsia her points toward the next game.
(b) He forgets to enter Fonsia's full score.
(c) He forgets to collect all the cards.
(d) He forgets to count his own hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Weller's last name?
2. How large are the rooms at the home, according to Fonsia?
3. How is the second hand of the second game won in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. Weller describes what as being the worst feeling of his life?
5. What illness does Fonsia have that requires constant care?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)