|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Fonsia get over the 'spells' she had after her divorce?
(a) The demands of raising her family.
(c) Crying fits.
2. What comment does Fonsia make regarding Gladys Maye?
(a) That she is too thin and doesn't eat enough.
(b) That she is suicidal.
(c) That she is bored.
(d) That she is deaf.
3. What change in appearance has overcome both characters in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Both are dressed for cold weather.
(b) They are both dressed informally.
(c) They both appear ill.
(d) They are both neatly dressed.
4. How does the Home, according to Weller, promote the theft of tenants' goods?
(a) By not making theft a firing offense.
(b) By not providing safes.
(c) By understaffing.
(d) By not paying well enough.
5. What day does Act 1, Scene 2 take place?
(a) 3 days after the day of the first scene.
(b) 1 month after the day of the first scene.
(c) 1 week after the day of the first scene.
(d) 1 day after the day of the first scene.
Short Answer Questions
1. Upon losing the second game, Weller becomes upset and starts collecting cards. What does he forget to do?
2. When Weller claims to have a good hand, what is Fonsia's response?
3. How many cards are dealt to the dealer in the gin game?
4. According to Weller, the Welfare Department allows people to keep how much money?
5. Weller's temper raises what concern for Fonsia?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)