|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Weller, how does Fonsia play the first hand well?
(a) By discarding what he needed.
(b) By retaining the Kings.
(c) By knocking.
(d) By discarding her high cards.
2. According to Weller, how can you get more Hollywoods traveling West?
(a) Because of the number of stops.
(b) Because there are always more people going that direction.
(c) Because of headwinds.
(d) Because you get one more Hollywood in LA.
3. Where does Fonsia's son live?
4. What scoring system does Weller employ in scoring gin?
(a) The Hollywood basis.
(b) The English basis.
(c) The Omaha method.
(d) The Kansis Style.
5. How many cards are dealt to the player (non-dealer)?
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the first game of gin won in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. What does Weller blame his relationship with his children on?
3. How many cards are dealt to the dealer in the gin game?
4. What is Fonsia's nickname?
5. What does Weller think drives the management of the Home to provide entertainment?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)