|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it in Act 1, Scene 2 that makes Fonsia dizzy?
(a) Lack of sleep.
(c) Her winning streak.
(d) The hot weather.
2. How long has Fonsia been at the home?
(a) Three days.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Four weeks.
(d) Three weeks.
3. Fonsia claims that her mother would have killed her for playing cards. Why is that?
(a) Fonsia's mother considered card playing gambling, and would have looked down upon it.
(b) Fonsia's mother considered card playing a sin, and would have looked down upon it.
(c) Fonsia's mother considered card playing a man's game, and would have looked down upon it.
(d) Fonsia's mother considered card playing below their station, and would have looked down upon it.
4. How was Fonsia raised?
(a) As an 'old time Methodist.'
(b) As a Southern Baptist.
(c) As a 'stoic Presbyterian.'
(d) As an Orthodox Jew.
5. How does the Home, according to Weller, promote the theft of tenants' goods?
(a) By not paying well enough.
(b) By understaffing.
(c) By not making theft a firing offense.
(d) By not providing safes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What score does Fonsia win the fourth hand of gin with in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. What is Weller's response to Fonsia's winning the last hand of gin in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. What is Weller using as a makeshift ashtray at the opening of the play?
4. What illness does Weller claim he suffers from in Act One?
5. What is Weller's last name?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)