|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Weller suggests what about his business partners in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) That they were unethical.
(b) That they want him back in the business.
(c) That they were trouble.
(d) That they charged more than was right for their consulting.
2. What is Weller's response to Fonsia's winning the last hand of gin in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) To go into a rage and overturn the card table.
(b) To throw the score sheet and curse at Fonsia.
(c) To storm from the stage.
(d) To bow to her and without a word, exit the scene.
3. Weller's temper raises what concern for Fonsia?
(a) That Weller will begin breaking things.
(b) That Weller will start to curse.
(c) That Weller will have a stroke.
(d) That Weller will strike her.
4. What does Weller think drives the management of the Home to provide entertainment?
(a) That without entertainment the tenants would 'turn them in for their cooking.'
(b) That without entertainment the tenants would 'revolt.'
(c) That without entertainment the tenants would 'drop dead... en masse.'
(d) That without entertainment the tenants would 'find some other dive to die in.'
5. According to Weller, the Welfare Department allows people to keep how much money?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the minimum number of cards needed for a straight in gin?
2. When Weller begins losing his temper at the game, Fonsia threatens what?
3. What game is Weller playing at the opening of the play?
4. How many points do Fonsia and Weller play to in their first game?
5. How old is Fonsia's youngest grandchild?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)