|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the family of Gladys Maye do to Weller that annoys him?
(a) Uses him an example of a possible 'play mate.'
(b) Uses him as an example of a well-fed tenant.
(c) Uses him as an example of a possible suitor.
(d) Uses him as an example of a content retiree.
2. What is Weller's last name?
3. What is Weller using as a makeshift ashtray at the opening of the play?
(a) A hub cap.
(b) An old shoe.
(c) The side of the porch.
(d) The lid of a biscuit tin.
4. What kept Weller from relocating with his family?
(a) His parents.
(b) The court.
(c) His new wife.
5. What is Weller's reaction to the televangelist?
(a) He prays.
(b) He gives him the finger.
(c) He dismisses him with a wave.
(d) He laughs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Fonsia's husband?
2. What is Fonsia's son's name?
3. When Weller suggests that Fonsia check with her doctor and not a welfare quack, what does she snap back at him?
4. Fonsia wins the first gin game by doing what?
5. What best describes the relationship between Weller and his children?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)