|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What card games is Fonsia familiar with?
(a) Pinochle and Solitaire.
(b) Poker and Gin.
(c) Pinochle and Rummy.
(d) Cribbage and Solitaire.
2. What illness does Weller claim he suffers from in Act One?
(a) An advanced case of tooth decay.
(b) An advanced case of hum bug.
(c) An advanced case writer's block.
(d) An advanced case of old age.
3. What does Weller think drives the management of the Home to provide entertainment?
(a) That without entertainment the tenants would 'turn them in for their cooking.'
(b) That without entertainment the tenants would 'find some other dive to die in.'
(c) That without entertainment the tenants would 'revolt.'
(d) That without entertainment the tenants would 'drop dead... en masse.'
4. When Weller suggests that Fonsia check with her doctor and not a welfare quack, what does she snap back at him?
(a) That she is not on welfare.
(b) That her doctor is the best money can buy.
(c) That there is nothing wrong with welfare doctors.
(d) That she can take care of herself.
5. What scoring system does Weller employ in scoring gin?
(a) The Kansis Style.
(b) The English basis.
(c) The Hollywood basis.
(d) The Omaha method.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Fonsia misplace her card in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. How is the second hand of the second game won in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. How does the Home, according to Weller, promote the theft of tenants' goods?
4. At the start of the first hand in Act 1, Scene 2, Fonsia claims gin has what effect on her?
5. How old is Fonsia's oldest grandchild?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)