|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Fonsia and Weller, what does the Home lack more than anything else?
(a) Decent conversation.
(b) Sufficient staff.
2. What mistake does Fonsia make in the first hand of the first game that spoils the round?
(a) Fonsia tells Weller she has all four aces.
(b) Fonsia lays her cards up face first.
(c) Fonsia lays down a pair without having gin.
(d) Fonsia calls gin without discarding.
3. How old is Fonsia's youngest grandchild?
4. When Weller begins losing his temper at the game, Fonsia threatens what?
(a) To start playing seriously.
(b) To beat him without letting him score a single point.
(c) To start keeping score herself.
(d) To stop playing.
5. How is the second hand of the second game won in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) By Fonsia, who receives a perfect hand.
(b) By Weller, who wins in three rounds.
(c) By Weller, who receives a perfect hand.
(d) By Fonsia, who knocks to win.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many cards are dealt to the dealer in the gin game?
2. According to Weller, the Welfare Department allows people to keep how much money?
3. What score does Fonsia win the fourth hand of gin with in Act 1, Scene 2?
4. Weller describes what as being the worst feeling of his life?
5. Weller cheats in the first hand by doing what?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)