|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What mistake does Weller make in the card game at the end of Act 1?
(a) Of calling out gin before his hand is completed.
(b) Of discarding a card he know Fonsia needs.
(c) Of calling out the cards he needs.
(d) Of discarding a card he needs.
2. According to Weller, what are dietitians not known for?
(a) Their imaginations.
(b) Their flavorful dishes.
(c) Their creativity.
(d) Their compassion.
3. Fonsia wins the first gin game by doing what?
(a) By picking up Weller's discarded Jack and calling gin.
(b) By trapping Weller with high cards and knocking.
(c) By being dealt the perfect hand and calling gin immediately.
(d) By calling gin and leaving the hand open, and having nothing to discard.
4. What kept Weller from relocating with his family?
(a) His new wife.
(c) The court.
(d) His parents.
5. How many kids does Weller have?
(a) 3 children.
(b) 1 child.
(c) 2 children.
(d) 4 children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Fonsia wins a hand of gin that Weller would have won had he knocked. What card is she waiting for that eventually wins her the hand?
2. Where does Fonsia's sister live?
3. How many cards are dealt to the player (non-dealer)?
4. What is the name of Fonsia's youngest grandchild?
5. What does Weller think drives the management of the Home to provide entertainment?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)