|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Upon losing the second game, Weller becomes upset and starts collecting cards. What does he forget to do?
(a) He forgets to collect all the cards.
(b) He forgets to enter Fonsia's full score.
(c) He forgets to credit Fonsia her points toward the next game.
(d) He forgets to count his own hand.
2. How long has Fonsia been at the home?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) Three days.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Four weeks.
3. What is Weller using as a makeshift ashtray at the opening of the play?
(a) The lid of a biscuit tin.
(b) A hub cap.
(c) An old shoe.
(d) The side of the porch.
4. What day does Act 1, Scene 2 take place?
(a) 1 week after the day of the first scene.
(b) 1 month after the day of the first scene.
(c) 3 days after the day of the first scene.
(d) 1 day after the day of the first scene.
5. What does Weller believe the staff of the Home stole from him?
(a) His prescriptions.
(b) His Social Security check.
(c) A three hundred dollar watch.
(d) His cash.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Weller in Act 1, Scene 2, how are the percentages looking?
2. How many cards are dealt to the player (non-dealer)?
3. What is the first move of the gin game?
4. When Weller suggests that Fonsia check with her doctor and not a welfare quack, what does she snap back at him?
5. What was the name of Fonsia's husband?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)