|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What mistake does Weller make in the card game at the end of Act 1?
(a) Of discarding a card he needs.
(b) Of calling out the cards he needs.
(c) Of discarding a card he know Fonsia needs.
(d) Of calling out gin before his hand is completed.
2. According to Weller in Act 1, Scene 2, how are the percentages looking?
(a) They are beginning to favor Fonsia.
(b) They are beginning to even out.
(c) They are beginning to favor him.
(d) They are beginning to disfavor him.
3. When Weller begins losing his temper at the game, Fonsia threatens what?
(a) To start playing seriously.
(b) To beat him without letting him score a single point.
(c) To start keeping score herself.
(d) To stop playing.
4. What illness does Fonsia have that requires constant care?
(d) Lung Cancer.
5. Weller suggests what about his business partners in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) That they charged more than was right for their consulting.
(b) That they were unethical.
(c) That they want him back in the business.
(d) That they were trouble.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many points do Fonsia and Weller play to in their first game?
2. What is the first move of the gin game?
3. What day does Act 1, Scene 2 take place?
4. What does the family of Gladys Maye do to Weller that annoys him?
5. Where does Fonsia's sister live?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)