|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the first game of gin won in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) By passing.
(b) By receiving the perfect hand.
(c) By knocking.
(d) By drawing the card she needed on the first draw.
2. According to Weller, the Welfare Department allows people to keep how much money?
3. What is the name of the home?
4. How many points do Fonsia and Weller play to in their first game?
(a) 100 points.
(b) 150 points.
(c) 50 point.
(d) 200 points.
5. Weller cheats in the first hand by doing what?
(a) Discarding a point card.
(b) Looking at Fonsia's cards.
(c) Reshuffling the hand.
(d) Dealing her an extra card.
Short Answer Questions
1. What three cards does Weller need to win at the end of Act 1?
2. What game is Weller playing at the opening of the play?
3. How long has Fonsia been at the home?
4. Weller suggests what about his business partners in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. What mistake does Fonsia make in the first hand of the first game that spoils the round?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)