|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What change in appearance has overcome both characters in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) They are both dressed informally.
(b) They both appear ill.
(c) They are both neatly dressed.
(d) Both are dressed for cold weather.
2. What part of gin does Fonsia wish to stick to at first?
(a) The gin part of the game.
(b) The winning part of the game
(c) The discarding part of the game.
(d) The knocking part of the game.
3. How could Weller's statement that 'Gin is a relaxing game,' bear out in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) For Fonsia only.
(b) Perfectly in this scene, but none of the later scenes.
(c) Conforming to the action.
(d) In direct contrast to the action.
4. According to Fonsia, the staff never offers her 'her' medicine, but instead patronizingly does what?
(a) Offers "Honey's" medicine.
(b) Offers "our" medicine.
(c) Offers"yummy" medicine.
(d) Offers "her" medicine.
5. What does Weller think drives the management of the Home to provide entertainment?
(a) That without entertainment the tenants would 'turn them in for their cooking.'
(b) That without entertainment the tenants would 'revolt.'
(c) That without entertainment the tenants would 'find some other dive to die in.'
(d) That without entertainment the tenants would 'drop dead... en masse.'
Short Answer Questions
1. How many kids does Weller have?
2. How many cards are dealt to the dealer in the gin game?
3. How many points do Fonsia and Weller play to in their first game?
4. According to Weller, how can you get more Hollywoods traveling West?
5. In Weller's rage, he confirms having what health condition, although he claimed to have no condition in Act 1, Scene 1?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)