|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Fonsia's husband?
(a) Fonsia's husband died in a plane crash.
(b) Fonsia's husband abandoned her.
(c) Fonsia's husband died in World War II.
(d) Fonsia's husband and she divorced.
2. Where does Fonsia's son live?
3. In Weller's rage, he confirms having what health condition, although he claimed to have no condition in Act 1, Scene 1?
(b) Heart problems.
(c) Eating issues.
(d) Psychotic episodes.
4. How was Fonsia raised?
(a) As an Orthodox Jew.
(b) As a Southern Baptist.
(c) As an 'old time Methodist.'
(d) As a 'stoic Presbyterian.'
5. Fonsia wins a hand of gin that Weller would have won had he knocked. What card is she waiting for that eventually wins her the hand?
(a) The four of diamonds.
(b) An ace.
(c) A queen.
(d) The wild card.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Weller's response to Fonsia's winning the last hand of gin in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. What is Fonsia's son's name?
3. What is Weller's complaint about the family of Gladys Maye?
4. What is Weller using as a makeshift ashtray at the opening of the play?
5. How many points do Fonsia and Weller play to in their first game?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)