|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fonsia has how many siblings?
(a) 2 siblings.
(b) 3 siblings.
(c) 1 sibling.
(d) 4 siblings.
2. What comment does Fonsia make regarding Gladys Maye?
(a) That she is too thin and doesn't eat enough.
(b) That she is deaf.
(c) That she is suicidal.
(d) That she is bored.
3. When Weller claims to have a good hand, what is Fonsia's response?
(a) "I hope you win."
(b) "I've got a good one, too."
(c) "May the best woman win."
(d) "Good, it's about time."
4. What is the name of the home?
5. Weller suggests what about his business partners in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) That they want him back in the business.
(b) That they were unethical.
(c) That they charged more than was right for their consulting.
(d) That they were trouble.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 2, Weller explains how he started enjoying playing gin earlier in life. What context did he play in?
2. What three cards does Weller need to win at the end of Act 1?
3. What is Weller's complaint about the family of Gladys Maye?
4. What is the dietitian's name?
5. How is the first game of gin won in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)