|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Weller using as a makeshift ashtray at the opening of the play?
(a) A hub cap.
(b) The side of the porch.
(c) The lid of a biscuit tin.
(d) An old shoe.
2. What is Weller's response to Fonsia's winning the last hand of gin in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) To storm from the stage.
(b) To throw the score sheet and curse at Fonsia.
(c) To bow to her and without a word, exit the scene.
(d) To go into a rage and overturn the card table.
3. What card games is Fonsia familiar with?
(a) Cribbage and Solitaire.
(b) Pinochle and Solitaire.
(c) Pinochle and Rummy.
(d) Poker and Gin.
4. In Act 1, Scene 2, what does Weller attribute the winning streak to?
(a) An incredible run of luck.
(b) Ladies luck.
(c) To Fonsia 'sand bagging' her skill.
(d) To his own chivalry.
5. What is it in Act 1, Scene 2 that makes Fonsia dizzy?
(a) Lack of sleep.
(b) Her winning streak.
(d) The hot weather.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Weller's rage, he confirms having what health condition, although he claimed to have no condition in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. Why does Fonsia think Weller might have gone crazy?
3. What does Weller decide to call Fonsia?
4. What comment does Fonsia make regarding Gladys Maye?
5. How did Fonsia get over the 'spells' she had after her divorce?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)