|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Fonsia think Weller might have gone crazy?
(a) Because he was dressed so badly.
(b) Because he was watching the TV.
(c) Because it appeared he was hiding behind the couch.
(d) Because it appeared he was singing happy birthday to no one in particular.
2. According to Weller, how does Fonsia play the first hand well?
(a) By discarding what he needed.
(b) By discarding her high cards.
(c) By retaining the Kings.
(d) By knocking.
3. After losing the first hand of only their second game, Weller is no longer concerned about what?
(a) About playing to only 80.
(b) About finding a worthy adversary.
(c) About cheating.
(d) About Fonsia's memory.
4. How many points does Weller post in the first game in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. Fonsia claims that her mother would have killed her for playing cards. Why is that?
(a) Fonsia's mother considered card playing below their station, and would have looked down upon it.
(b) Fonsia's mother considered card playing a man's game, and would have looked down upon it.
(c) Fonsia's mother considered card playing gambling, and would have looked down upon it.
(d) Fonsia's mother considered card playing a sin, and would have looked down upon it.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Weller, what are dietitians not known for?
2. Weller's temper raises what concern for Fonsia?
3. Weller claims that what is 'a racket'?
4. What is Weller's complaint about the family of Gladys Maye?
5. How many grandchildren does Fonsia have?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)