|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Fonsia been at the home?
(a) Three days.
(b) Four weeks.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Three weeks.
2. According to Weller, what are dietitians not known for?
(a) Their flavorful dishes.
(b) Their creativity.
(c) Their compassion.
(d) Their imaginations.
3. What comment does Fonsia make regarding Gladys Maye?
(a) That she is suicidal.
(b) That she is bored.
(c) That she is too thin and doesn't eat enough.
(d) That she is deaf.
4. What is the first move of the gin game?
(a) The player discards one card.
(b) The player randomly selects a card from the stack.
(c) The dealer turns over a card from the stack.
(d) The dealer discards one card.
5. When Weller suggests that Fonsia check with her doctor and not a welfare quack, what does she snap back at him?
(a) That her doctor is the best money can buy.
(b) That there is nothing wrong with welfare doctors.
(c) That she is not on welfare.
(d) That she can take care of herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Weller's last name?
2. What is a 'leg' considered in scoring gin?
3. What home does Fonsia wish to go to?
4. What scoring system does Weller employ in scoring gin?
5. What change in appearance has overcome both characters in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)