|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Weller, what is the one sin in card playing?
(a) Discarding the ace of spades.
(b) Playing with joker's wild.
(c) Betting on the draw.
(d) Drawing to an inside straight.
2. What score does Fonsia win the fourth hand of gin with in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. At the start of the first hand in Act 1, Scene 2, Fonsia claims gin has what effect on her?
(a) A stressful effect.
(b) A relaxing effect.
(c) An assuring effect.
(d) A motivating effect.
4. Weller describes what as being the worst feeling of his life?
(a) His divorce proceedings.
(b) His first week in the Home.
(c) A kind of panic attack.
(d) His losing streak.
5. What is Weller using as a makeshift ashtray at the opening of the play?
(a) The lid of a biscuit tin.
(b) A hub cap.
(c) The side of the porch.
(d) An old shoe.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Weller begins losing his temper, he begins yelling. He also begins doing what?
2. Weller draws what insult from the following statement by Fonsia: "I can't help it"?
3. According to Weller, the Welfare Department allows people to keep how much money?
4. How many points does Weller post in the first game in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. In this game of gin, what is 'knocking'?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)