|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the first game of gin won in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) By passing.
(b) By drawing the card she needed on the first draw.
(c) By receiving the perfect hand.
(d) By knocking.
2. What is Fonsia's nickname?
3. As Weller begins losing his temper, he begins yelling. He also begins doing what?
(b) Kicking the furniture.
(c) Holding his chest.
(d) Making bigoted remarks.
4. What mistake does Fonsia make in the first hand of the first game that spoils the round?
(a) Fonsia lays down a pair without having gin.
(b) Fonsia tells Weller she has all four aces.
(c) Fonsia lays her cards up face first.
(d) Fonsia calls gin without discarding.
5. According to Weller, the Welfare Department allows people to keep how much money?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Weller's reaction to the televangelist?
2. How many points do Fonsia and Weller play to in their first game?
3. Weller cheats in the first hand by doing what?
4. In Act 1, Scene 2, Weller explains how he started enjoying playing gin earlier in life. What context did he play in?
5. What day does Act 1, Scene 2 take place?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)