|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Fonsia's nickname?
2. What does Fonsia use the pillow for?
(a) To sort her cards on.
(b) To sit on.
(c) To prop up her back.
(d) To swat at Weller with.
3. What does Weller think drives the management of the Home to provide entertainment?
(a) That without entertainment the tenants would 'drop dead... en masse.'
(b) That without entertainment the tenants would 'revolt.'
(c) That without entertainment the tenants would 'find some other dive to die in.'
(d) That without entertainment the tenants would 'turn them in for their cooking.'
4. Who is the luckiest person Weller has ever seen play gin?
(a) His ex-wife.
(c) His son.
5. What mistake does Fonsia make in the first hand of the first game that spoils the round?
(a) Fonsia tells Weller she has all four aces.
(b) Fonsia lays down a pair without having gin.
(c) Fonsia calls gin without discarding.
(d) Fonsia lays her cards up face first.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the score of the first hand played?
2. Fonsia wins a hand of gin that Weller would have won had he knocked. What card is she waiting for that eventually wins her the hand?
3. What does the family of Gladys Maye do to Weller that annoys him?
4. What was the name of Fonsia's husband?
5. What is Weller's last name?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)