|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many cards are dealt to the player (non-dealer)?
2. What happened to Fonsia's husband?
(a) Fonsia's husband died in World War II.
(b) Fonsia's husband abandoned her.
(c) Fonsia's husband died in a plane crash.
(d) Fonsia's husband and she divorced.
3. What change in appearance has overcome both characters in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) They are both dressed informally.
(b) They are both neatly dressed.
(c) They both appear ill.
(d) Both are dressed for cold weather.
4. What scoring system does Weller employ in scoring gin?
(a) The Omaha method.
(b) The Hollywood basis.
(c) The Kansis Style.
(d) The English basis.
5. What is the minimum number of cards needed for a straight in gin?
(a) 3 cards.
(b) 2 cards.
(c) 5 cards.
(d) 4 cards.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Weller suggests that Fonsia check with her doctor and not a welfare quack, what does she snap back at him?
2. Weller cheats in the first hand by doing what?
3. What is the dietitian's name?
4. In Weller's rage, he confirms having what health condition, although he claimed to have no condition in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. What is a 'leg' considered in scoring gin?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)