|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Weller decide to call Fonsia?
(a) By whatever name comes to mind first.
(b) By his own nickname.
(c) By her nickname.
(d) By her proper name.
2. As Weller begins losing his temper, he begins yelling. He also begins doing what?
(a) Making bigoted remarks.
(b) Kicking the furniture.
(d) Holding his chest.
3. In Weller's rage, he confirms having what health condition, although he claimed to have no condition in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Psychotic episodes.
(b) Heart problems.
(d) Eating issues.
4. Weller claims that what is 'a racket'?
(a) Old age homes that require tenants to sign a power of attorney over to the home.
(b) Old age homes that require tenants to relinquish all their assets to the home.
(c) Old age homes that require tenants to attend religous services.
(d) Old age homes that require tenants to relinquish their automobiles to the home.
5. How is the second hand of the second game won in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) By Fonsia, who receives a perfect hand.
(b) By Weller, who receives a perfect hand.
(c) By Fonsia, who knocks to win.
(d) By Weller, who wins in three rounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What best describes the relationship between Weller and his children?
2. Why does Fonsia think Weller might have gone crazy?
3. What is a 'leg' considered in scoring gin?
4. According to Fonsia, the staff never offers her 'her' medicine, but instead patronizingly does what?
5. In Act 1, Scene 2, what does Weller attribute the winning streak to?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)