|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the home?
2. What is a 'leg' considered in scoring gin?
(a) The difference between the dealer's score and the leader's score.
(b) The difference between the winner's score and the other player's score.
(c) The difference between the score winning the game and the score of the next highest player.
(d) The carryover of points from one game to the next.
3. What scoring system does Weller employ in scoring gin?
(a) The Omaha method.
(b) The Kansis Style.
(c) The Hollywood basis.
(d) The English basis.
4. What illness does Weller claim he suffers from in Act One?
(a) An advanced case of old age.
(b) An advanced case writer's block.
(c) An advanced case of tooth decay.
(d) An advanced case of hum bug.
5. How is the first game of gin won in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) By passing.
(b) By receiving the perfect hand.
(c) By drawing the card she needed on the first draw.
(d) By knocking.
Short Answer Questions
1. What day does Act 1, Scene 2 take place?
2. What does Weller think drives the management of the Home to provide entertainment?
3. What is Fonsia's last name?
4. What is Weller's complaint about the family of Gladys Maye?
5. What is it in Act 1, Scene 2 that makes Fonsia dizzy?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)