|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Fonsia's last name?
2. According to Weller, what is the one sin in card playing?
(a) Playing with joker's wild.
(b) Betting on the draw.
(c) Drawing to an inside straight.
(d) Discarding the ace of spades.
3. What does Weller blame his relationship with his children on?
(a) His parents.
(b) His work ethic.
(c) His second wife.
(d) The court system.
4. What three cards does Weller need to win at the end of Act 1?
(a) Only the 7of Clubs.
(b) Any ace.
(c) Any 2 or the King of Clubs.
(d) Any 5, any 6, or the 7 of Clubs.
5. What day does Act 1, Scene 2 take place?
(a) 1 month after the day of the first scene.
(b) 1 week after the day of the first scene.
(c) 1 day after the day of the first scene.
(d) 3 days after the day of the first scene.
Short Answer Questions
1. Fonsia wins the first gin game by doing what?
2. What game is Weller playing at the opening of the play?
3. What mistake does Weller make in the card game at the end of Act 1?
4. According to Fonsia, the staff never offers her 'her' medicine, but instead patronizingly does what?
5. What card games is Fonsia familiar with?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)