|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What mistake does Weller make in the card game at the end of Act 1?
(a) Of discarding a card he needs.
(b) Of calling out gin before his hand is completed.
(c) Of discarding a card he know Fonsia needs.
(d) Of calling out the cards he needs.
2. When Weller suggests that Fonsia check with her doctor and not a welfare quack, what does she snap back at him?
(a) That her doctor is the best money can buy.
(b) That she can take care of herself.
(c) That she is not on welfare.
(d) That there is nothing wrong with welfare doctors.
3. What kept Weller from relocating with his family?
(a) The court.
(b) His parents.
(c) His new wife.
4. Fonsia wins the first gin game by doing what?
(a) By being dealt the perfect hand and calling gin immediately.
(b) By picking up Weller's discarded Jack and calling gin.
(c) By trapping Weller with high cards and knocking.
(d) By calling gin and leaving the hand open, and having nothing to discard.
5. What is the minimum number of cards needed for a straight in gin?
(a) 4 cards.
(b) 3 cards.
(c) 2 cards.
(d) 5 cards.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the home?
2. What does Fonsia use the pillow for?
3. According to Weller in Act 1, Scene 2, how are the percentages looking?
4. What is the name of Fonsia's oldest grandchild?
5. In Weller's rage, he confirms having what health condition, although he claimed to have no condition in Act 1, Scene 1?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)