|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kept Weller from relocating with his family?
(a) The court.
(b) His parents.
(c) His new wife.
2. According to Weller, how does Fonsia play the first hand well?
(a) By knocking.
(b) By discarding her high cards.
(c) By discarding what he needed.
(d) By retaining the Kings.
3. What is the first move of the gin game?
(a) The dealer turns over a card from the stack.
(b) The player randomly selects a card from the stack.
(c) The player discards one card.
(d) The dealer discards one card.
4. What is Fonsia's last name?
5. Where does Fonsia's son live?
Short Answer Questions
1. Weller suggests what about his business partners in Act 1, Scene 1?
2. How long has Fonsia been at the home?
3. Fonsia claims that her mother would have killed her for playing cards. Why is that?
4. Where does Fonsia misplace her card in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. What is the score of the first hand played?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)