|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Weller, what is the one sin in card playing?
(a) Discarding the ace of spades.
(b) Drawing to an inside straight.
(c) Betting on the draw.
(d) Playing with joker's wild.
2. How many grandchildren does Fonsia have?
3. What is the name of Fonsia's youngest grandchild?
4. Fonsia claims that her mother would have killed her for playing cards. Why is that?
(a) Fonsia's mother considered card playing below their station, and would have looked down upon it.
(b) Fonsia's mother considered card playing a man's game, and would have looked down upon it.
(c) Fonsia's mother considered card playing a sin, and would have looked down upon it.
(d) Fonsia's mother considered card playing gambling, and would have looked down upon it.
5. What mistake does Fonsia make in the first hand of the first game that spoils the round?
(a) Fonsia lays down a pair without having gin.
(b) Fonsia lays her cards up face first.
(c) Fonsia calls gin without discarding.
(d) Fonsia tells Weller she has all four aces.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many cards are dealt to the dealer in the gin game?
2. What game is Weller playing at the opening of the play?
3. How large are the rooms at the home, according to Fonsia?
4. What is the first move of the gin game?
5. Where does Fonsia's sister live?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)