|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What best describes the relationship between Weller and his children?
(a) They have a combative relationsip.
(b) They have a mistrusting relationship.
(c) They have lost touch with one another.
(d) They have a 'fiscal' relationship.
2. According to Weller, the Welfare Department allows people to keep how much money?
3. According to Weller, what is the one sin in card playing?
(a) Playing with joker's wild.
(b) Discarding the ace of spades.
(c) Betting on the draw.
(d) Drawing to an inside straight.
4. What does Weller think drives the management of the Home to provide entertainment?
(a) That without entertainment the tenants would 'drop dead... en masse.'
(b) That without entertainment the tenants would 'find some other dive to die in.'
(c) That without entertainment the tenants would 'turn them in for their cooking.'
(d) That without entertainment the tenants would 'revolt.'
5. What is the name of the home?
Short Answer Questions
1. What card games is Fonsia familiar with?
2. What is the name of Fonsia's youngest grandchild?
3. Weller cheats in the first hand by doing what?
4. What home does Fonsia wish to go to?
5. What game is Weller playing at the opening of the play?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)