|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kept Weller from relocating with his family?
(a) His new wife.
(c) The court.
(d) His parents.
2. What is the score of the first hand played?
(a) Weller 55.
(b) Fonsia 20.
(c) Fonsia 42.
(d) Weller 42.
3. In this game of gin, what is 'knocking'?
(a) Knocking allows a player to pick up a discarded card.
(b) Knocking is allowed once a game and is a pass on drawing a card.
(c) Knocking is an alternate way of winning based on who has the fewest unmatched points in their hand.
(d) Knocking is a rule only the dealer can invoke requiring the player to discard two cards.
4. How many cards are dealt to the player (non-dealer)?
5. What game is Weller playing at the opening of the play?
(c) Texas hold 'em.
(d) Five card draw.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Fonsia's son?
2. What illness does Weller claim he suffers from in Act One?
3. What is the name of the home?
4. What is the minimum number of cards needed for a straight in gin?
5. What is the name of Fonsia's oldest grandchild?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)