|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In this game of gin, what is 'knocking'?
(a) Knocking is an alternate way of winning based on who has the fewest unmatched points in their hand.
(b) Knocking is a rule only the dealer can invoke requiring the player to discard two cards.
(c) Knocking is allowed once a game and is a pass on drawing a card.
(d) Knocking allows a player to pick up a discarded card.
2. What happened to Fonsia's husband?
(a) Fonsia's husband died in a plane crash.
(b) Fonsia's husband and she divorced.
(c) Fonsia's husband died in World War II.
(d) Fonsia's husband abandoned her.
3. How old is Fonsia's son?
4. What illness does Weller claim he suffers from in Act One?
(a) An advanced case writer's block.
(b) An advanced case of hum bug.
(c) An advanced case of tooth decay.
(d) An advanced case of old age.
5. How large are the rooms at the home, according to Fonsia?
(a) 10 foot by 15 foot shoe boxes.
(b) 12 foot by 12 foot cubes.
(c) 8 foot by 8 foot closets.
(d) 10 foot square boxes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Fonsia's last name?
2. How many grandchildren does Fonsia have?
3. What game is Weller playing at the opening of the play?
4. What scoring system does Weller employ in scoring gin?
5. How long has Fonsia been at the home?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)