|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What game is Weller playing at the opening of the play?
(b) Texas hold 'em.
(d) Five card draw.
2. What is the name of Fonsia's oldest grandchild?
(d) Larry Jr.
3. Weller claims that what is 'a racket'?
(a) Old age homes that require tenants to relinquish all their assets to the home.
(b) Old age homes that require tenants to relinquish their automobiles to the home.
(c) Old age homes that require tenants to sign a power of attorney over to the home.
(d) Old age homes that require tenants to attend religous services.
4. What does Weller think drives the management of the Home to provide entertainment?
(a) That without entertainment the tenants would 'turn them in for their cooking.'
(b) That without entertainment the tenants would 'find some other dive to die in.'
(c) That without entertainment the tenants would 'revolt.'
(d) That without entertainment the tenants would 'drop dead... en masse.'
5. How many kids does Weller have?
(a) 4 children.
(b) 2 children.
(c) 3 children.
(d) 1 child.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the score of the first hand played?
2. How many cards are dealt to the dealer in the gin game?
3. Fonsia claims that her mother would have killed her for playing cards. Why is that?
4. What was the name of Fonsia's husband?
5. What scoring system does Weller employ in scoring gin?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)