|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What best describes the relationship between Weller and his children?
(a) They have a combative relationsip.
(b) They have lost touch with one another.
(c) They have a 'fiscal' relationship.
(d) They have a mistrusting relationship.
2. What is the first move of the gin game?
(a) The player discards one card.
(b) The player randomly selects a card from the stack.
(c) The dealer discards one card.
(d) The dealer turns over a card from the stack.
3. What was the name of Fonsia's husband?
4. What is Fonsia's son's name?
5. According to Weller, the Welfare Department allows people to keep how much money?
Short Answer Questions
1. What game is Weller playing at the opening of the play?
2. What is Weller's last name?
3. What illness does Fonsia have that requires constant care?
4. According to Weller, how does Fonsia play the first hand well?
5. What is the minimum number of cards needed for a straight in gin?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)