|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first move of the gin game?
(a) The dealer discards one card.
(b) The player randomly selects a card from the stack.
(c) The dealer turns over a card from the stack.
(d) The player discards one card.
2. What is the name of the home?
3. Weller cheats in the first hand by doing what?
(a) Reshuffling the hand.
(b) Looking at Fonsia's cards.
(c) Discarding a point card.
(d) Dealing her an extra card.
4. According to Weller, the Welfare Department allows people to keep how much money?
5. What is the minimum number of cards needed for a straight in gin?
(a) 5 cards.
(b) 4 cards.
(c) 2 cards.
(d) 3 cards.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of gin does Fonsia wish to stick to at first?
2. What happened to Fonsia's husband?
3. What is the name of Fonsia's oldest grandchild?
4. What card games is Fonsia familiar with?
5. How many cards are dealt to the dealer in the gin game?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)