|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Weller cheats in the first hand by doing what?
(a) Looking at Fonsia's cards.
(b) Discarding a point card.
(c) Dealing her an extra card.
(d) Reshuffling the hand.
2. What was the name of Fonsia's husband?
3. What is Weller's last name?
4. How long has Fonsia been at the home?
(a) Four weeks.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Three days.
5. What illness does Weller claim he suffers from in Act One?
(a) An advanced case writer's block.
(b) An advanced case of old age.
(c) An advanced case of hum bug.
(d) An advanced case of tooth decay.
Short Answer Questions
1. Fonsia wins the first gin game by doing what?
2. According to Weller, how does Fonsia play the first hand well?
3. What does Weller blame his relationship with his children on?
4. What is Weller using as a makeshift ashtray at the opening of the play?
5. What does Weller think drives the management of the Home to provide entertainment?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)