|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Weller, how does Fonsia play the first hand well?
(a) By discarding her high cards.
(b) By discarding what he needed.
(c) By knocking.
(d) By retaining the Kings.
2. How old is Fonsia's son?
3. Fonsia wins the first gin game by doing what?
(a) By trapping Weller with high cards and knocking.
(b) By being dealt the perfect hand and calling gin immediately.
(c) By calling gin and leaving the hand open, and having nothing to discard.
(d) By picking up Weller's discarded Jack and calling gin.
4. What happened to Fonsia's husband?
(a) Fonsia's husband died in World War II.
(b) Fonsia's husband and she divorced.
(c) Fonsia's husband died in a plane crash.
(d) Fonsia's husband abandoned her.
5. What is the name of Fonsia's youngest grandchild?
Short Answer Questions
1. What mistake does Fonsia make in the first hand of the first game that spoils the round?
2. Weller claims that what is 'a racket'?
3. How large are the rooms at the home, according to Fonsia?
4. How long has Fonsia been at the home?
5. According to Weller, what is the one sin in card playing?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)