|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What mistake does Fonsia make in the first hand of the first game that spoils the round?
(a) Fonsia lays down a pair without having gin.
(b) Fonsia calls gin without discarding.
(c) Fonsia lays her cards up face first.
(d) Fonsia tells Weller she has all four aces.
2. Where does Fonsia misplace her card in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Behind her ear.
(b) In her mouth.
(c) In her lap.
(d) Under the ash tray.
3. How many kids does Weller have?
(a) 1 child.
(b) 4 children.
(c) 3 children.
(d) 2 children.
4. What illness does Weller claim he suffers from in Act One?
(a) An advanced case writer's block.
(b) An advanced case of hum bug.
(c) An advanced case of old age.
(d) An advanced case of tooth decay.
5. How many grandchildren does Fonsia have?
Short Answer Questions
1. Fonsia claims that her mother would have killed her for playing cards. Why is that?
2. In this game of gin, what is 'knocking'?
3. What kept Weller from relocating with his family?
4. How old is Fonsia's oldest grandchild?
5. What is the first move of the gin game?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)