|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fonsia claims that her mother would have killed her for playing cards. Why is that?
(a) Fonsia's mother considered card playing a sin, and would have looked down upon it.
(b) Fonsia's mother considered card playing below their station, and would have looked down upon it.
(c) Fonsia's mother considered card playing a man's game, and would have looked down upon it.
(d) Fonsia's mother considered card playing gambling, and would have looked down upon it.
2. What is Weller using as a makeshift ashtray at the opening of the play?
(a) The lid of a biscuit tin.
(b) An old shoe.
(c) A hub cap.
(d) The side of the porch.
3. What is the name of Fonsia's oldest grandchild?
(d) Larry Jr.
4. How was Fonsia raised?
(a) As a 'stoic Presbyterian.'
(b) As an Orthodox Jew.
(c) As a Southern Baptist.
(d) As an 'old time Methodist.'
5. What is Weller's last name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kept Weller from relocating with his family?
2. Weller suggests what about his business partners in Act 1, Scene 1?
3. How many cards are dealt to the player (non-dealer)?
4. What was the name of Fonsia's husband?
5. Where does Fonsia's son live?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)