|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Weller, how does Fonsia play the first hand well?
(a) By knocking.
(b) By discarding what he needed.
(c) By discarding her high cards.
(d) By retaining the Kings.
2. Fonsia wins the first gin game by doing what?
(a) By picking up Weller's discarded Jack and calling gin.
(b) By trapping Weller with high cards and knocking.
(c) By calling gin and leaving the hand open, and having nothing to discard.
(d) By being dealt the perfect hand and calling gin immediately.
3. What home does Fonsia wish to go to?
(a) The Presbyterian home.
(b) The Lutheran home.
(c) The Calvinist home.
(d) The Catholic home.
4. What card games is Fonsia familiar with?
(a) Poker and Gin.
(b) Pinochle and Solitaire.
(c) Cribbage and Solitaire.
(d) Pinochle and Rummy.
5. Weller suggests what about his business partners in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) That they want him back in the business.
(b) That they were trouble.
(c) That they were unethical.
(d) That they charged more than was right for their consulting.
Short Answer Questions
1. Weller cheats in the first hand by doing what?
2. What is Weller's last name?
3. What is the name of Fonsia's youngest grandchild?
4. Where does Fonsia misplace her card in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. How many cards are dealt to the dealer in the gin game?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)