|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Weller suggests what about his business partners in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) That they were unethical.
(b) That they were trouble.
(c) That they want him back in the business.
(d) That they charged more than was right for their consulting.
2. What scoring system does Weller employ in scoring gin?
(a) The Hollywood basis.
(b) The Omaha method.
(c) The Kansis Style.
(d) The English basis.
3. What is Weller using as a makeshift ashtray at the opening of the play?
(a) A hub cap.
(b) The lid of a biscuit tin.
(c) The side of the porch.
(d) An old shoe.
4. Where does Fonsia's son live?
5. What best describes the relationship between Weller and his children?
(a) They have a combative relationsip.
(b) They have a 'fiscal' relationship.
(c) They have lost touch with one another.
(d) They have a mistrusting relationship.
Short Answer Questions
1. What mistake does Fonsia make in the first hand of the first game that spoils the round?
2. What does Weller blame his relationship with his children on?
3. What part of gin does Fonsia wish to stick to at first?
4. How many points do Fonsia and Weller play to in their first game?
5. What is the name of Fonsia's youngest grandchild?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)