|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How large are the rooms at the home, according to Fonsia?
(a) 8 foot by 8 foot closets.
(b) 10 foot by 15 foot shoe boxes.
(c) 10 foot square boxes.
(d) 12 foot by 12 foot cubes.
2. How many cards are dealt to the dealer in the gin game?
3. What home does Fonsia wish to go to?
(a) The Lutheran home.
(b) The Presbyterian home.
(c) The Catholic home.
(d) The Calvinist home.
4. According to Weller, how does Fonsia play the first hand well?
(a) By discarding her high cards.
(b) By discarding what he needed.
(c) By retaining the Kings.
(d) By knocking.
5. What is the score of the first hand played?
(a) Weller 42.
(b) Fonsia 42.
(c) Weller 55.
(d) Fonsia 20.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Fonsia's son live?
2. What is Weller using as a makeshift ashtray at the opening of the play?
3. What card games is Fonsia familiar with?
4. What scoring system does Weller employ in scoring gin?
5. Weller claims that what is 'a racket'?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)