|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Fonsia raised?
(a) As a Southern Baptist.
(b) As a 'stoic Presbyterian.'
(c) As an Orthodox Jew.
(d) As an 'old time Methodist.'
2. How old is Fonsia's oldest grandchild?
3. According to Weller, how does Fonsia play the first hand well?
(a) By retaining the Kings.
(b) By discarding what he needed.
(c) By discarding her high cards.
(d) By knocking.
4. How old is Fonsia's son?
5. What scoring system does Weller employ in scoring gin?
(a) The Kansis Style.
(b) The Hollywood basis.
(c) The English basis.
(d) The Omaha method.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first move of the gin game?
2. How many cards are dealt to the player (non-dealer)?
3. What happened to Fonsia's husband?
4. What is the score of the first hand played?
5. Weller claims that what is 'a racket'?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)