|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Fonsia, why does she acquiesce and play a game of gin in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Because the Sunshine Ladies were running late.
(b) Because Weller would only pester her until she played.
(c) Because she didn't want to interact with the Extended Family.
(d) Because it might shut Weller up.
2. Why does Weller throw the score card to the ground in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Because Fonsia stands up for herself.
(b) Because he has yet to win a single hand.
(c) Because he can't remember the score and it doesn't matter anyhow.
(d) Because Fonsia knocked again.
3. As Weller begins losing his temper, he begins yelling. He also begins doing what?
(a) Kicking the furniture.
(b) Making bigoted remarks.
(c) Holding his chest.
4. When Weller suggests that Fonsia check with her doctor and not a welfare quack, what does she snap back at him?
(a) That she is not on welfare.
(b) That she can take care of herself.
(c) That there is nothing wrong with welfare doctors.
(d) That her doctor is the best money can buy.
5. What is a 'leg' considered in scoring gin?
(a) The carryover of points from one game to the next.
(b) The difference between the winner's score and the other player's score.
(c) The difference between the score winning the game and the score of the next highest player.
(d) The difference between the dealer's score and the leader's score.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many cards are dealt to the player (non-dealer)?
2. According to Weller, what are dietitians not known for?
3. According to Fonsia and Weller, what does the Home lack more than anything else?
4. What home does Fonsia wish to go to?
5. What is the dietitian's name?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)