|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Act 2, Scene 1 transpires how long after the end of Act 1?
(a) 1 week after Act 1.
(b) 1 month after Act 1.
(c) 4 hours after Act 1.
(d) 1 day after Act 1.
2. What does Weller believe the staff of the Home stole from him?
(a) His cash.
(b) A three hundred dollar watch.
(c) His prescriptions.
(d) His Social Security check.
3. What does Weller refer to as "dumb Gin"?
(a) Holding face cards too long.
(b) Collecting royal straights.
(c) Collecting only straights.
4. What promise does Weller quickly break in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Not to yell.
(b) To not use the Lord's name in vain.
(c) Not to lose his temper.
(d) To play fair.
5. What does Fonsia use the pillow for?
(a) To sort her cards on.
(b) To swat at Weller with.
(c) To prop up her back.
(d) To sit on.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 1, what is Weller referring to when he says "a warehouse for the intellectually and emotionally dead."
2. What score does Fonsia win the fourth hand of gin with in Act 1, Scene 2?
3. Who was Ty Cobb?
4. What is the Extended Family?
5. Why does Weller throw the score card to the ground in Act 2, Scene 1?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)