|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Fonsia raised?
(a) As a Southern Baptist.
(b) As an 'old time Methodist.'
(c) As an Orthodox Jew.
(d) As a 'stoic Presbyterian.'
2. In Act 2, Scene 1, what is Fonsia's first reaction to Weller getting the cards?
(a) Fonsia's first response is to leave.
(b) Fonsia's first response is to claim she will win.
(c) Fonsia's first response is to pretend to be ill.
(d) Fonsia's first response is to proclaim that she will not play.
3. What comment does Fonsia make regarding Gladys Maye?
(a) That she is deaf.
(b) That she is suicidal.
(c) That she is too thin and doesn't eat enough.
(d) That she is bored.
4. What game is Weller playing at the opening of the play?
(b) Texas hold 'em.
(c) Five card draw.
5. Who are the Sunshine Ladies?
(a) A group that visits the Home.
(b) The ladies who prepare meals at the Home.
(c) The nurses who hand out medication.
(d) A gospel group.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Weller use Fonsia's son against her in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. What does Weller think drives the management of the Home to provide entertainment?
3. After losing the first hand of only their second game, Weller is no longer concerned about what?
4. How is the first game of gin won in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. In this game of gin, what is 'knocking'?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)