|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many cards are dealt to the dealer in the gin game?
2. What was the name of Fonsia's husband?
3. When Weller suggests that Fonsia check with her doctor and not a welfare quack, what does she snap back at him?
(a) That her doctor is the best money can buy.
(b) That she can take care of herself.
(c) That she is not on welfare.
(d) That there is nothing wrong with welfare doctors.
4. In Act 2, Scene 1, who does Weller claim gave Fonsia the card she needed?
(b) The Devil.
(d) His little man.
5. What mistake does Weller make in the card game at the end of Act 1?
(a) Of calling out gin before his hand is completed.
(b) Of discarding a card he needs.
(c) Of discarding a card he know Fonsia needs.
(d) Of calling out the cards he needs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Weller's reaction to the televangelist?
2. At the start of the first hand in Act 1, Scene 2, Fonsia claims gin has what effect on her?
3. How many grandchildren does Fonsia have?
4. What scoring system does Weller employ in scoring gin?
5. According to Fonsia, what scared her about her last encounter with Weller?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)