|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 1, Fonsia teasingly says what to Weller?
(a) "You can't win."
(b) "I just play like an expert."
(c) "I am an expert!"
(d) "You are just jealous."
2. When Weller claims to have a good hand, what is Fonsia's response?
(a) "I've got a good one, too."
(b) "Good, it's about time."
(c) "May the best woman win."
(d) "I hope you win."
3. According to Fonsia, the staff never offers her 'her' medicine, but instead patronizingly does what?
(a) Offers"yummy" medicine.
(b) Offers "our" medicine.
(c) Offers "her" medicine.
(d) Offers "Honey's" medicine.
4. In Act 2, Scene 1, what threat brings Fonsia to the card table?
(a) The threat of gospel hour.
(b) The threat of interacting with the other 'glassy eyed' tenants.
(c) The threat of rain.
(d) The threat of another magicial performace.
5. Weller cheats in the first hand by doing what?
(a) Dealing her an extra card.
(b) Looking at Fonsia's cards.
(c) Reshuffling the hand.
(d) Discarding a point card.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Weller begins losing his temper at the game, Fonsia threatens what?
2. According to Weller in Act 2, Scene 1, what is the hottest topic of discussion at the Home?
3. What does Weller refer to as "dumb Gin"?
4. When Weller suggests that Fonsia check with her doctor and not a welfare quack, what does she snap back at him?
5. What is a 'leg' considered in scoring gin?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)