|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 2, what does Weller attribute the winning streak to?
(a) To his own chivalry.
(b) Ladies luck.
(c) An incredible run of luck.
(d) To Fonsia 'sand bagging' her skill.
2. What does Weller blame his relationship with his children on?
(a) His second wife.
(b) His parents.
(c) His work ethic.
(d) The court system.
3. Why does Weller seek out Fonsia at the beginning of Act 2?
(a) To check on her condition.
(b) To tell her that her family is there to see her.
(c) To tell her his watch was found by the police.
(d) To apologize to her.
4. What is the minimum number of cards needed for a straight in gin?
(a) 4 cards.
(b) 3 cards.
(c) 5 cards.
(d) 2 cards.
5. How does the Home, according to Weller, promote the theft of tenants' goods?
(a) By not paying well enough.
(b) By understaffing.
(c) By not making theft a firing offense.
(d) By not providing safes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What day does Act 1, Scene 2 take place?
2. How did Fonsia get over the 'spells' she had after her divorce?
3. In Act 2, Scene 1, according to Fonsia, every second breath of Weller's has to be what?
4. What dish do Weller and Fonsia complain of knowing of no one who likes it?
5. What score does Fonsia win the fourth hand of gin with in Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)