|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Weller claim to be talking to when talking to himself in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) To his 'little man.'.
(b) To his 'angel.'.
(c) To his 'shadow.'.
(d) To 'the god of Gin.'.
2. What exclamation by Fonsia does Act 2, Scene 1 end with?
(a) "Gin. Goodnight!"
(b) "Gin you Jerk!"
(c) "Gin! Gin! Gin!"
(d) "Gin, Goddamnit. Gin!"
3. What is the first move of the gin game?
(a) The player randomly selects a card from the stack.
(b) The player discards one card.
(c) The dealer discards one card.
(d) The dealer turns over a card from the stack.
4. According to Fonsia in Act 2, Scene 1, she isn't being tough, but is instead what?
(b) Being fair.
(c) Fed up.
(d) Not feeling hospitable.
5. At the end of Act 2, Scene 1, what does Fonsia threaten to do to Weller?
(a) Throw the cards away.
(b) Call a nurse.
(c) Call her son.
(d) Call the police.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Weller in Act 1, Scene 2, how are the percentages looking?
2. At the start of the first hand in Act 1, Scene 2, Fonsia claims gin has what effect on her?
3. What does Weller think drives the management of the Home to provide entertainment?
4. What force does Weller decide is at hand in Fonsia's winning streak in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. According to Weller in Act 2, Scene 1, what happens when you get too far away from playing gin?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)