|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Weller blame his relationship with his children on?
(a) His second wife.
(b) His parents.
(c) The court system.
(d) His work ethic.
2. What kept Weller from relocating with his family?
(a) The court.
(b) His new wife.
(c) His parents.
3. How many cards are dealt to the player (non-dealer)?
4. What is the first move of the gin game?
(a) The player discards one card.
(b) The player randomly selects a card from the stack.
(c) The dealer turns over a card from the stack.
(d) The dealer discards one card.
5. How does the Home, according to Weller, promote the theft of tenants' goods?
(a) By not providing safes.
(b) By not making theft a firing offense.
(c) By understaffing.
(d) By not paying well enough.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Weller claim to be talking to when talking to himself in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. Fonsia has how many siblings?
3. What game is Weller playing at the opening of the play?
4. According to Fonsia and Weller, what does the Home lack more than anything else?
5. Where does Fonsia's sister live?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)