|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Fonsia claims that her mother would have killed her for playing cards. Why is that?
(a) Fonsia's mother considered card playing a man's game, and would have looked down upon it.
(b) Fonsia's mother considered card playing gambling, and would have looked down upon it.
(c) Fonsia's mother considered card playing below their station, and would have looked down upon it.
(d) Fonsia's mother considered card playing a sin, and would have looked down upon it.
2. Why does Fonsia discard a Jack in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Because she doesn't need it.
(b) Because she hoped to close the game with the next hand.
(c) Because Weller citicized her for holding too many face cards earlier.
(d) So Weller can win a hand.
3. In Act 2, Scene 1, after Weller claims that Fonsia will no longer receive any help from him, what happens?
(a) He calls gin, but incorrectly.
(b) Fonsia is of help to him by discarding a card he needs.
(c) He discards the card she needs for gin.
(d) Fonsia knocks and wins the game.
4. What word did Fonsia have to look up for twenty-five years?
5. What dish do Weller and Fonsia complain of knowing of no one who likes it?
(a) Celery root.
(b) Creamed corn.
(c) Stewed tomatoes.
(d) Boiled spinach.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 1, who does Weller claim gave Fonsia the card she needed?
2. Weller claims that what is 'a racket'?
3. What one subject does Mrs. Leala want to discuss?
4. At the start of the first hand in Act 1, Scene 2, Fonsia claims gin has what effect on her?
5. How was Fonsia raised?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)