|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What three cards does Weller need to win at the end of Act 1?
(a) Any ace.
(b) Any 2 or the King of Clubs.
(c) Any 5, any 6, or the 7 of Clubs.
(d) Only the 7of Clubs.
2. What comment does Fonsia make regarding Gladys Maye?
(a) That she is too thin and doesn't eat enough.
(b) That she is deaf.
(c) That she is suicidal.
(d) That she is bored.
3. Fonsia wins the first gin game by doing what?
(a) By picking up Weller's discarded Jack and calling gin.
(b) By calling gin and leaving the hand open, and having nothing to discard.
(c) By trapping Weller with high cards and knocking.
(d) By being dealt the perfect hand and calling gin immediately.
4. What is Weller using as a makeshift ashtray at the opening of the play?
(a) The lid of a biscuit tin.
(b) A hub cap.
(c) An old shoe.
(d) The side of the porch.
5. How is the second hand of the second game won in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) By Weller, who wins in three rounds.
(b) By Fonsia, who knocks to win.
(c) By Weller, who receives a perfect hand.
(d) By Fonsia, who receives a perfect hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 1, according to Fonsia, every second breath of Weller's has to be what?
2. How old is Fonsia's youngest grandchild?
3. According to Weller in Act 1, Scene 2, how are the percentages looking?
4. What illness does Fonsia have that requires constant care?
5. How large are the rooms at the home, according to Fonsia?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)