|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Weller's complaint about the family of Gladys Maye?
(a) They're too large.
(b) They're too loud.
(c) They're too stingy.
(d) They're too puritanical.
2. Weller draws what insult from the following statement by Fonsia: "I can't help it"?
(a) That she thinks he is destined to lose against her.
(b) That he doesn't know how to play gin.
(c) That she is taking pity on him.
(d) That he can't beat a woman.
3. In Act 2, Scene 1, what is Fonsia's first reaction to Weller getting the cards?
(a) Fonsia's first response is to proclaim that she will not play.
(b) Fonsia's first response is to claim she will win.
(c) Fonsia's first response is to pretend to be ill.
(d) Fonsia's first response is to leave.
4. How is the first game of gin won in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) By drawing the card she needed on the first draw.
(b) By receiving the perfect hand.
(c) By knocking.
(d) By passing.
5. What is Weller's criticism of the Unitarian group in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) They want to psychoanalyze everything.
(b) They want to steal everything.
(c) They want to improve everything.
(d) They want to criticize everything.
Short Answer Questions
1. How large are the rooms at the home, according to Fonsia?
2. Who are the Sunshine Ladies?
3. What dish do Weller and Fonsia complain of knowing of no one who likes it?
4. What is 'reassuring' to Weller?
5. Why does Weller throw the score card to the ground in Act 2, Scene 1?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)