|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can be "rather awesome at times," according to Weller?
(a) The spring weather.
(b) The boredom.
(c) His temper.
(d) The welfare beurocracy.
2. How does the Home, according to Weller, promote the theft of tenants' goods?
(a) By understaffing.
(b) By not making theft a firing offense.
(c) By not paying well enough.
(d) By not providing safes.
3. How many points do Fonsia and Weller play to in their first game?
(a) 200 points.
(b) 50 point.
(c) 100 points.
(d) 150 points.
4. What time of day does Act 2, Scene 1 take place?
5. At the end of Act 2, Scene 1, what does Fonsia threaten to do to Weller?
(a) Throw the cards away.
(b) Call the police.
(c) Call her son.
(d) Call a nurse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What one subject does Mrs. Leala want to discuss?
2. When Weller begins losing his temper at the game, Fonsia threatens what?
3. What is Fonsia's nickname?
4. What change in appearance has overcome both characters in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. Fonsia wins a hand of gin that Weller would have won had he knocked. What card is she waiting for that eventually wins her the hand?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)