|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What worry did Fonsia have when she was working?
(a) That she would forget her key.
(b) That she would forget the office number.
(c) That she would misspell a word.
(d) That she would call someone by the wrong name.
2. According to Weller in Act 2, Scene 1, what is the hottest topic of discussion at the Home?
(a) Canned vegetables.
(b) The gospel hour.
(d) One's funeral arrangements.
3. What inconsequential mistake in her card playing does Weller bring to Fonsia's attention?
(a) Of not putting the discard card face up when calling gin.
(b) For slapping her cards when calling gin.
(c) Of not having her card total ready when calling gin.
(d) Of not putting the discard card face down when calling gin.
4. Who is the luckiest person Weller has ever seen play gin?
(b) His son.
(d) His ex-wife.
5. How old is Fonsia's son?
Short Answer Questions
1. At the start of the first hand in Act 1, Scene 2, Fonsia claims gin has what effect on her?
2. What can be "rather awesome at times," according to Weller?
3. According to Fonsia, what scared her about her last encounter with Weller?
4. In Act 2, Scene 1, what is Weller referring to when he says "a warehouse for the intellectually and emotionally dead."
5. What force does Weller decide is at hand in Fonsia's winning streak in Act 2, Scene 1?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)