|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Fonsia think Weller might have gone crazy?
(a) Because it appeared he was hiding behind the couch.
(b) Because he was dressed so badly.
(c) Because he was watching the TV.
(d) Because it appeared he was singing happy birthday to no one in particular.
2. How does Fonsia win the last hand of gin in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) By Weller knocking.
(b) On the draw.
(c) By knocking.
(d) By getting gin on Weller's discard.
3. In Act 2, Scene 1, what is Weller referring to when he says "a warehouse for the intellectually and emotionally dead."
(a) The Hospice Ward.
(b) The Senate.
(c) The State Legislature.
(d) The Home.
4. What is 'reassuring' to Weller?
(a) That Fonsia isn't happy about winning.
(b) That Fonsia isn't even trying.
(c) That Fonsia is carrying high cards.
(d) That Fonsia is getting a big head.
5. What is Fonsia's last name?
Short Answer Questions
1. How could Weller's statement that 'Gin is a relaxing game,' bear out in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. When Weller begins losing his temper at the game, Fonsia threatens what?
3. What does Weller blame his relationship with his children on?
4. In Act 2, Scene 1, Fonsia teasingly says what to Weller?
5. What best describes the relationship between Weller and his children?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)