|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What card does Weller claim Fonsia fed him in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) The Jack of Hearts.
(b) The Ace of Spades.
(c) The Jack of Clubs.
(d) The Jack of Diamonds.
2. What compliment does Weller make to Fonsia in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) For her good manners.
(b) For having a good mind.
(c) For her style.
(d) For her card playing.
3. In Act 2, Scene 1, Fonsia criticizes Weller for what?
(a) Having a bad temper and a chauvinist streak.
(b) Having a sarcastic streak and a chauvinist attitude.
(c) Having a sarcastic streak and a horrible temper.
(d) Having a horrible temper and being a racist.
4. How many points does Weller post in the first game in Act 1, Scene 2?
5. At the start of the first hand in Act 1, Scene 2, Fonsia claims gin has what effect on her?
(a) A motivating effect.
(b) A stressful effect.
(c) An assuring effect.
(d) A relaxing effect.
Short Answer Questions
1. What mistake does Fonsia make in the first hand of the first game that spoils the round?
2. What does Weller believe the staff of the Home stole from him?
3. Weller draws what insult from the following statement by Fonsia: "I can't help it"?
4. Where does Fonsia misplace her card in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. What best describes the relationship between Weller and his children?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)