|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Weller, how does Fonsia play the first hand well?
(a) By discarding her high cards.
(b) By discarding what he needed.
(c) By retaining the Kings.
(d) By knocking.
2. In Act 2, Scene 1, after Weller claims that Fonsia will no longer receive any help from him, what happens?
(a) Fonsia knocks and wins the game.
(b) He calls gin, but incorrectly.
(c) He discards the card she needs for gin.
(d) Fonsia is of help to him by discarding a card he needs.
3. How many points do Fonsia and Weller play to in their first game?
(a) 50 point.
(b) 200 points.
(c) 150 points.
(d) 100 points.
4. What does Fonsia use the pillow for?
(a) To sort her cards on.
(b) To swat at Weller with.
(c) To sit on.
(d) To prop up her back.
5. According to Fonsia in Act 2, Scene 1, she isn't being tough, but is instead what?
(a) Not feeling hospitable.
(b) Being fair.
(d) Fed up.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Weller, how many of his teammates attended Cobb's funeral?
2. In Act 1, Scene 2, Weller explains how he started enjoying playing gin earlier in life. What context did he play in?
3. What happened to Fonsia's husband?
4. What mistake does Weller make in the card game at the end of Act 1?
5. How old is Fonsia's son?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)