|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 1, what is Fonsia's response to the name Weller calls her?
(a) Curses at him.
(b) Slaps him.
(c) Storms off.
(d) Throws her cards at him.
2. What kept Weller from relocating with his family?
(a) The court.
(c) His parents.
(d) His new wife.
3. Weller claims that what is 'a racket'?
(a) Old age homes that require tenants to relinquish all their assets to the home.
(b) Old age homes that require tenants to attend religous services.
(c) Old age homes that require tenants to sign a power of attorney over to the home.
(d) Old age homes that require tenants to relinquish their automobiles to the home.
4. What is Weller's criticism of the Unitarian group in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) They want to steal everything.
(b) They want to criticize everything.
(c) They want to psychoanalyze everything.
(d) They want to improve everything.
5. What is Weller's reaction to the televangelist?
(a) He gives him the finger.
(b) He laughs.
(c) He prays.
(d) He dismisses him with a wave.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the minimum number of cards needed for a straight in gin?
2. What is the score of the first hand played?
3. According to Fonsia, why does she acquiesce and play a game of gin in Act 2, Scene 1?
4. What inconsequential mistake in her card playing does Weller bring to Fonsia's attention?
5. What is it in Act 1, Scene 2 that makes Fonsia dizzy?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)