|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Fonsia's youngest grandchild?
2. How many grandchildren does Fonsia have?
3. What one subject does Mrs. Leala want to discuss?
(a) Only her son William.
(b) Her plans for going to the Presbyterian Home.
(c) Only her funeral arrangements.
(d) Only food.
4. What best describes the relationship between Weller and his children?
(a) They have a 'fiscal' relationship.
(b) They have a mistrusting relationship.
(c) They have a combative relationsip.
(d) They have lost touch with one another.
5. What dish do Weller and Fonsia complain of knowing of no one who likes it?
(a) Celery root.
(b) Boiled spinach.
(c) Creamed corn.
(d) Stewed tomatoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kept Weller from relocating with his family?
2. What is Weller using as a makeshift ashtray at the opening of the play?
3. What is the name of Fonsia's oldest grandchild?
4. Why does Weller seek out Fonsia at the beginning of Act 2?
5. What word did Fonsia have to look up for twenty-five years?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)