|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the Sunshine Ladies?
(a) The ladies who prepare meals at the Home.
(b) A group that visits the Home.
(c) The nurses who hand out medication.
(d) A gospel group.
2. According to Weller in Act 2, Scene 1, what is the hottest topic of discussion at the Home?
(b) One's funeral arrangements.
(c) Canned vegetables.
(d) The gospel hour.
3. When Weller begins losing his temper at the game, Fonsia threatens what?
(a) To stop playing.
(b) To start keeping score herself.
(c) To start playing seriously.
(d) To beat him without letting him score a single point.
4. What part of gin does Fonsia wish to stick to at first?
(a) The gin part of the game.
(b) The winning part of the game
(c) The knocking part of the game.
(d) The discarding part of the game.
5. Weller claims that what is 'a racket'?
(a) Old age homes that require tenants to relinquish all their assets to the home.
(b) Old age homes that require tenants to relinquish their automobiles to the home.
(c) Old age homes that require tenants to attend religous services.
(d) Old age homes that require tenants to sign a power of attorney over to the home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can be "rather awesome at times," according to Weller?
2. According to Weller in Act 1, Scene 2, how are the percentages looking?
3. Who was Ty Cobb?
4. How does Weller use Fonsia's son against her in Act 2, Scene 1?
5. How many cards are dealt to the dealer in the gin game?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)