|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Fonsia discard a Jack in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) Because Weller citicized her for holding too many face cards earlier.
(b) Because she doesn't need it.
(c) Because she hoped to close the game with the next hand.
(d) So Weller can win a hand.
2. Weller draws what insult from the following statement by Fonsia: "I can't help it"?
(a) That he can't beat a woman.
(b) That she is taking pity on him.
(c) That he doesn't know how to play gin.
(d) That she thinks he is destined to lose against her.
3. What scoring system does Weller employ in scoring gin?
(a) The Omaha method.
(b) The Hollywood basis.
(c) The English basis.
(d) The Kansis Style.
4. What kept Weller from relocating with his family?
(a) The court.
(b) His parents.
(c) His new wife.
5. How old is Fonsia's oldest grandchild?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Weller use Fonsia's son against her in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. How old is Fonsia's youngest grandchild?
3. What card games is Fonsia familiar with?
4. What exclamation by Fonsia does Act 2, Scene 1 end with?
5. What does Weller decide to call Fonsia?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)