|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a 'leg' considered in scoring gin?
(a) The difference between the dealer's score and the leader's score.
(b) The carryover of points from one game to the next.
(c) The difference between the winner's score and the other player's score.
(d) The difference between the score winning the game and the score of the next highest player.
2. According to Fonsia, what scared her about her last encounter with Weller?
(a) Weller's yelling.
(b) Weller's language.
(c) Weller's red face.
(d) Weller's throwing of the card table.
3. In Act 2, Scene 1, Fonsia teasingly says what to Weller?
(a) "I am an expert!"
(b) "I just play like an expert."
(c) "You are just jealous."
(d) "You can't win."
4. What best describes the relationship between Weller and his children?
(a) They have a combative relationsip.
(b) They have lost touch with one another.
(c) They have a 'fiscal' relationship.
(d) They have a mistrusting relationship.
5. Weller's temper raises what concern for Fonsia?
(a) That Weller will begin breaking things.
(b) That Weller will start to curse.
(c) That Weller will strike her.
(d) That Weller will have a stroke.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many cards are dealt to the dealer in the gin game?
2. Weller describes what as being the worst feeling of his life?
3. How did Fonsia get over the 'spells' she had after her divorce?
4. In Act 2, Scene 1, what threat brings Fonsia to the card table?
5. What is it in Act 1, Scene 2 that makes Fonsia dizzy?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)