|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the home?
2. According to Weller in Act 2, Scene 1, what is the hottest topic of discussion at the Home?
(b) One's funeral arrangements.
(c) Canned vegetables.
(d) The gospel hour.
3. What is a 'leg' considered in scoring gin?
(a) The difference between the score winning the game and the score of the next highest player.
(b) The difference between the winner's score and the other player's score.
(c) The difference between the dealer's score and the leader's score.
(d) The carryover of points from one game to the next.
4. At the start of the first hand in Act 1, Scene 2, Fonsia claims gin has what effect on her?
(a) An assuring effect.
(b) A stressful effect.
(c) A motivating effect.
(d) A relaxing effect.
5. According to Weller, the Welfare Department allows people to keep how much money?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the dietitian's name?
2. Upon losing the second game, Weller becomes upset and starts collecting cards. What does he forget to do?
3. How many cards are dealt to the dealer in the gin game?
4. What best describes the relationship between Weller and his children?
5. In Act 1, Scene 2, Weller explains how he started enjoying playing gin earlier in life. What context did he play in?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)