|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Act 1, Scene 2, Weller explains how he started enjoying playing gin earlier in life. What context did he play in?
(a) As a business partner.
(b) As a businessman on business trips.
(c) As a father.
(d) As a traveling salesman.
2. What is Fonsia's nickname?
3. How many cards are dealt to the player (non-dealer)?
4. What kind of work did Fonsia do before retiring?
(d) Apartment manager.
5. In Act 2, Scene 1, what threat brings Fonsia to the card table?
(a) The threat of another magicial performace.
(b) The threat of interacting with the other 'glassy eyed' tenants.
(c) The threat of gospel hour.
(d) The threat of rain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Weller's criticism of the Unitarian group in Act 2, Scene 1?
2. At the end of Act 2, Scene 1, what does Fonsia threaten to do to Weller?
3. When Weller suggests that Fonsia check with her doctor and not a welfare quack, what does she snap back at him?
4. What scoring system does Weller employ in scoring gin?
5. Who does Weller claim to be talking to when talking to himself in Act 2, Scene 1?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)