|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What card does Weller claim Fonsia fed him in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) The Jack of Hearts.
(b) The Jack of Clubs.
(c) The Ace of Spades.
(d) The Jack of Diamonds.
2. Who is the luckiest person Weller has ever seen play gin?
(b) His ex-wife.
(c) His son.
3. What is Fonsia's last name?
4. What one subject does Mrs. Leala want to discuss?
(a) Only her funeral arrangements.
(b) Only food.
(c) Her plans for going to the Presbyterian Home.
(d) Only her son William.
5. Weller draws what insult from the following statement by Fonsia: "I can't help it"?
(a) That she thinks he is destined to lose against her.
(b) That he doesn't know how to play gin.
(c) That he can't beat a woman.
(d) That she is taking pity on him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What change in appearance has overcome both characters in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. According to Fonsia in Act 2, Scene 1, she isn't being tough, but is instead what?
3. In Act 2, Scene 1, after Weller claims that Fonsia will no longer receive any help from him, what happens?
4. At the end of Act 2, Scene 1, what does Fonsia threaten to do to Weller?
5. What home does Fonsia wish to go to?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)