|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of Act 2, Scene 1, what does Fonsia threaten to do to Weller?
(a) Throw the cards away.
(b) Call her son.
(c) Call a nurse.
(d) Call the police.
2. What does the family of Gladys Maye do to Weller that annoys him?
(a) Uses him as an example of a possible suitor.
(b) Uses him as an example of a content retiree.
(c) Uses him as an example of a well-fed tenant.
(d) Uses him an example of a possible 'play mate.'
3. According to Weller in Act 1, Scene 2, how are the percentages looking?
(a) They are beginning to disfavor him.
(b) They are beginning to favor Fonsia.
(c) They are beginning to favor him.
(d) They are beginning to even out.
4. What home does Fonsia wish to go to?
(a) The Calvinist home.
(b) The Lutheran home.
(c) The Catholic home.
(d) The Presbyterian home.
5. What game does Weller deal while he and Fonsia converse at the start of Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) A hand of gin.
(b) A hand of poker.
(c) A hand rummy.
(d) A hand of solitaire.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Weller claims to have a good hand, what is Fonsia's response?
2. Weller claims that what is 'a racket'?
3. According to Weller, the Welfare Department allows people to keep how much money?
4. In Act 2, Scene 1, what is Fonsia's response to the name Weller calls her?
5. What three cards does Weller need to win at the end of Act 1?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)