|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What home does Fonsia wish to go to?
(a) The Lutheran home.
(b) The Calvinist home.
(c) The Catholic home.
(d) The Presbyterian home.
2. How does Weller use Fonsia's son against her in Act 2, Scene 1?
(a) To underscore her loneliness.
(b) To underscore her wealth.
(c) To underscore her abrasiveness.
(d) To question her honesty.
3. In Act 2, Scene 1, who does Weller claim gave Fonsia the card she needed?
(a) The Devil.
(d) His little man.
4. What mistake does Fonsia make in the first hand of the first game that spoils the round?
(a) Fonsia lays down a pair without having gin.
(b) Fonsia lays her cards up face first.
(c) Fonsia calls gin without discarding.
(d) Fonsia tells Weller she has all four aces.
5. Fonsia has how many siblings?
(a) 4 siblings.
(b) 2 siblings.
(c) 1 sibling.
(d) 3 siblings.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Act 2, Scene 1, Fonsia criticizes Weller for what?
2. What compliment does Weller make to Fonsia in Act 2, Scene 1?
3. What is the dietitian's name?
4. Weller draws what insult from the following statement by Fonsia: "I can't help it"?
5. What kind of work did Fonsia do before retiring?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)