|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Weller in Act 1, Scene 2, how are the percentages looking?
(a) They are beginning to favor Fonsia.
(b) They are beginning to even out.
(c) They are beginning to disfavor him.
(d) They are beginning to favor him.
2. When Weller suggests that Fonsia check with her doctor and not a welfare quack, what does she snap back at him?
(a) That her doctor is the best money can buy.
(b) That there is nothing wrong with welfare doctors.
(c) That she can take care of herself.
(d) That she is not on welfare.
3. In this game of gin, what is 'knocking'?
(a) Knocking is a rule only the dealer can invoke requiring the player to discard two cards.
(b) Knocking allows a player to pick up a discarded card.
(c) Knocking is allowed once a game and is a pass on drawing a card.
(d) Knocking is an alternate way of winning based on who has the fewest unmatched points in their hand.
4. What home does Fonsia wish to go to?
(a) The Presbyterian home.
(b) The Catholic home.
(c) The Calvinist home.
(d) The Lutheran home.
5. What is Fonsia's nickname?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Weller's last name?
2. In Act 2, Scene 1, what is Weller referring to when he says "a warehouse for the intellectually and emotionally dead."
3. Fonsia claims that her mother would have killed her for playing cards. Why is that?
4. In Act 2, Scene 1, according to Fonsia, every second breath of Weller's has to be what?
5. When Weller begins losing his temper at the game, Fonsia threatens what?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)