|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What scoring system does Weller employ in scoring gin?
(a) The Hollywood basis.
(b) The Omaha method.
(c) The Kansis Style.
(d) The English basis.
2. When Weller suggests that Fonsia check with her doctor and not a welfare quack, what does she snap back at him?
(a) That her doctor is the best money can buy.
(b) That she is not on welfare.
(c) That she can take care of herself.
(d) That there is nothing wrong with welfare doctors.
3. Weller claims that what is 'a racket'?
(a) Old age homes that require tenants to attend religous services.
(b) Old age homes that require tenants to relinquish all their assets to the home.
(c) Old age homes that require tenants to relinquish their automobiles to the home.
(d) Old age homes that require tenants to sign a power of attorney over to the home.
4. What home does Fonsia wish to go to?
(a) The Lutheran home.
(b) The Catholic home.
(c) The Presbyterian home.
(d) The Calvinist home.
5. How could Weller's statement that 'Gin is a relaxing game,' bear out in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) Perfectly in this scene, but none of the later scenes.
(b) In direct contrast to the action.
(c) For Fonsia only.
(d) Conforming to the action.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Weller refer to as "dumb Gin"?
2. When Weller begins losing his temper at the game, Fonsia threatens what?
3. According to Weller, how does Fonsia play the first hand well?
4. At the end of Act 2, Scene 1, what does Fonsia threaten to do to Weller?
5. How old is Fonsia's son?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)