Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Enkidu do when Gilgamesh gathers to him an arsenal of finely wrought weaponry and lays it before his Enkidu's feet?
2. What is done with the carcass of the beast?
3. What does Ninsun do at the temple?
4. What is done with the entrails?
5. How does the young girl feel when she sees the man?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sabitu explain to Gilgamesh that he will find on the shore?
2. How do the citizens, Enkidu, and Gilgamesh fight the bull?
3. What happens when Enkidu begins to overcome Gilgamesh?
4. What does Ea give Utnapishtim? Why?
5. How does Gilgamesh react to his mother's warning?
6. Describe Gilgamesh's world.
7. What steps must Gilgamesh undertake before he can enter the underworld?
8. Of what does Gilgamesh remind Ishtar? How does she react?
9. What eclipses Enkidu entrance into the city?
10. How does the King plan to rid Uruk of Enkidu?
Chapter 9 begins the second episode of the epic of Gilgamesh.
Part 1) Describe this second episode. What is the purpose of this episode?
Part 2) How does this second episode reveal more of Gilgamesh's character?
Part 3) How is your opinion of Gilgamesh changed during this episode?
There are many similarities and differences between Gilgamesh and Enkidu.
Part 1) How are they similar? How are they different?
Part 2) To what do these similarities and differences lead?
Part 3) How does this relationship guide the plot of the story?
Both Gilgamesh and Enkidu are capable of beastial and compassionate behavior.
Part 1) Describe how they are both capable of beastial and compassionate behavior?
Part 2) How are they capable of such contrasting behaviors? What does this reveal about the characters?
Part 3) How does this behavior bring the two characters closer together, as well as engage the audience in this story?
Part 4) How does this behavior reflect human behavior?
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)