|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the wife of Utnapishtim urge her husband to give Gilgamesh?
(a) Something that will allow him to return to Uruk honorably.
(b) A hug.
(d) A chance to find Enkidu.
2. What does Utnapishtim begin at the beginning of this chapter?
(a) The story of how he became friends with the gods.
(b) The story of how he gained his immortality.
(c) The story of how he came to live by the Bitter River.
(d) The story of how he met Gilgamesh's mother.
3. Where are Ishtar and her priestesses in Enkidu's dream?
(a) In the river.
(b) Gathered on top of the city wall.
(c) Surrounding him.
(d) Gathered on top of the mountain.
4. How does Gilgamesh arrive at the shore of the Bitter River?
(c) With many incidents.
(d) Without incident.
5. What does Gilgamesh wonder about Utnapishtim?
(a) How did he come to be immortal.
(b) Why he left Gilgamesh's mother.
(c) Why he lives by the Bitter River.
(d) If he is immortal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the difficulty in getting the plant?
2. What is natural to man?
3. What is Gilgamesh's explanation?
4. What happens after eleven days and nights of this leg of Gilgamesh's journey?
5. What does Sabitu do after exiting her house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after the slaying of the Bull of Heaven?
2. How long does the storm last? What happens when the water begins to recede?
3. What does the boatman say to Gilgamesh, regarding his quest?
4. How does Gilgamesh respond to this dream? What happens to Enkidu?
5. How does the wine maiden, Sabitu, react to Gilgamesh's appearance?
6. After Gilgamesh tells his story, how does Utnapishtim respond?
7. Why is the crow sent out? Why does it not return?
8. What does Utnapishtim tell Gilgamesh that would allow him to return to Uruk honorably?
9. What does Ea give Utnapishtim? Why?
10. What does the scorpion-man urge Gilgamesh to do? How does Gilgamesh respond?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)