|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Enkidu do to the tall cedar gate, the hunters, and Harim?
(a) He curses them.
(b) He wonders what has happened to them.
(c) He thanks them.
(d) He misses them.
2. Why has Gilgamesh come to seek his ancestor?
(a) So he can tell Gilgamesh where Enkidu is and whether of not Gilgamesh must die.
(b) So he can build a friendship with him.
(c) So he can meet his family.
(d) So he can become immortal.
3. After Gilgamesh tells his story, how does Utnapishtim answer?
(a) In much the same way Gilgamesh has been answered all along.
(b) He laughs at him.
(c) In a very different way from the others.
(d) He does not answer him.
4. What does Sabitu do after exiting her house?
(a) She calls for the gods.
(b) She offers Gilgamesh food and wine and a place to sit.
(c) She sends Gilgamesh away.
(d) She looks for Gilgamesh's ancestor.
5. Where are Ishtar and her priestesses in Enkidu's dream?
(a) Gathered on top of the city wall.
(b) Surrounding him.
(c) Gathered on top of the mountain.
(d) In the river.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Utnapishtim order the boatman to take Gilgamesh?
2. Of what does Chapter Nine mark the beginning?
3. What does the scorpion-man describe to Gilgamesh?
4. What happens to Enkidu?
5. Who blesses Utnapishtim and his wife, making them immortal?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the boatman say to Gilgamesh, regarding his quest?
2. What does Utnapishtim agree to tell Gilgamesh?
3. After Gilgamesh tells his story, how does Utnapishtim respond?
4. What happens after the slaying of the Bull of Heaven?
5. What does Sabitu explain to Gilgamesh that he will find on the shore?
6. Why is the crow sent out? Why does it not return?
7. How does Utnapishtim respond to Gilgamesh's quest?
8. How does Gilgamesh respond to this dream? What happens to Enkidu?
9. What must Gilgamesh do to reach Utnapishtim?
10. How does the wine maiden, Sabitu, react to Gilgamesh's appearance?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)