|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Gilgamesh wait for Urshanabi to arrive?
(a) Four days and nights.
(b) Twenty-four days and nights.
(c) Untold days and nights.
(d) Ten days and nights.
2. What does the god Shamash do to the sleeping Enkidu?
(a) He protects him.
(b) He praises him.
(c) He scolds him.
(d) He kills him.
3. What does Urshanabi feel for Gilgamesh?
4. Why does Gilgamesh immediately repent?
(a) He hears the voice of Shamash.
(b) He hears his ancestor's name.
(c) He fears Ishtar's wrath.
(d) He feels instant remorse.
5. What does Ea tell Utnapishtim he must do?
(a) Construct a wagon.
(b) Construct an ark.
(c) Construct a building.
(d) Construct a train.
Short Answer Questions
1. What request is Gilgamesh unable to do?
2. What does Utnapishtim promise to do to the boatman?
3. What is natural to man?
4. What do most of the gods want?
5. What does Gilgamesh smash?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sabitu explain to Gilgamesh that he will find on the shore?
2. After Gilgamesh tells his story, how does Utnapishtim respond?
3. What happens after the slaying of the Bull of Heaven?
4. How does Gilgamesh lose the magic weed?
5. What happens because of Gilgamesh's impatience?
6. What does Enkidu curse?
7. How does the wine maiden, Sabitu, react to Gilgamesh's appearance?
8. Of what does Sabitu remind Gilgamesh?
9. How does Utnapishtim respond to Gilgamesh's quest?
10. How does Utnapishtim's wife describe Gilgamesh?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)