|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who blesses Utnapishtim and his wife, making them immortal?
2. Utnapishtim does as he has been told by Ea while the other citizens of Shuruppak do what?
(a) Taunt him.
(b) Go about their daily business.
(c) Build an ark.
(d) Prepare for the flood.
3. What is the difficulty in getting the plant?
(a) Getting it before the waters of the river kill him.
(b) Getting it before an earthquake hits.
(c) Getting it before other animals get it.
(d) Getting it before nightfall.
4. What is natural to man?
5. How long does the storm last?
(a) For forty days and nights.
(b) For one hundred days and nights.
(c) For six days and nights.
(d) For ten days and nights.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gilgamesh wonder about Utnapishtim?
2. What is Gilgamesh's explanation?
3. What happens to Enkidu?
4. What does Sabitu say about what the King attempts?
5. What does Gilgamesh assure Enkidu?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Gilgamesh respond to this dream? What happens to Enkidu?
2. How does Sabitu react after Gilgamesh tells his story?
3. What happens because of Gilgamesh's impatience?
4. Of what does Sabitu remind Gilgamesh?
5. What does Utnapishtim agree to tell Gilgamesh?
6. Why is the crow sent out? Why does it not return?
7. What does the King do when he sees Uruk?
8. What happens when Gilgamesh reaches the Mountains of Mashu?
9. How does Utnapishtim's wife describe Gilgamesh?
10. How does Gilgamesh arrive at the short of the Bitter River?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)