|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the difficulty in getting the plant?
(a) Getting it before an earthquake hits.
(b) Getting it before other animals get it.
(c) Getting it before nightfall.
(d) Getting it before the waters of the river kill him.
2. Where are Ishtar and her priestesses in Enkidu's dream?
(a) In the river.
(b) Surrounding him.
(c) Gathered on top of the mountain.
(d) Gathered on top of the city wall.
3. What is Gilgamesh's explanation?
(a) He tells her nothing.
(b) He tells the story of Enkidu's death and his terrible journey.
(c) He tells her a part of the story.
(d) He lies about his travels.
4. What does the scorpion-man describe to Gilgamesh?
(a) The terain of the surrounding land.
(b) His ancestors.
(c) The path to take.
(d) The perils of passing through the caverns.
5. Through the trees, what does Gilgamesh see?
(a) The face of Ellil.
(b) The face of Shamash.
(c) The face of Ishtar.
(d) The face of Anu.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Utnapishtim agree to do?
2. How many straight poles must Gilgamesh cut down?
3. How does the scorpion man's wife reply?
4. Unable to revive his friend, what does Gilgamesh do?
5. What does this god ask Gilgamesh?
Short Essay Questions
1. What must Gilgamesh do to reach Utnapishtim?
2. What does Sabitu explain to Gilgamesh that he will find on the shore?
3. How does Utnapishtim respond to Gilgamesh's quest?
4. How does Gilgamesh lose the magic weed?
5. What does the King do when he sees Uruk?
6. How does Sabitu react after Gilgamesh tells his story?
7. What does Enkidu curse?
8. How does Gilgamesh arrive at the short of the Bitter River?
9. What does Utnapishtim tell Gilgamesh that would allow him to return to Uruk honorably?
10. What does Utnapishtim agree to tell Gilgamesh?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)