|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when both Gilgamesh and Urshanabi take a morsel of the plant?
(a) They become violently ill.
(b) They become immortal.
(c) They are happier than they ever imagined they could be.
(d) They suddenly feel all heaviness drop from their limbs.
2. Unable to revive his friend, what does Gilgamesh do?
(a) He begs Shamash for help.
(b) He goes to the forest.
(c) He wanders aimlessly through the streets.
(d) He goes to his goddess-mother to question his own mortality.
3. How does the King respond?
(a) He responds with a question.
(b) He does not answer.
(c) The same way he always has responded.
(d) He responds differently than he has in the past.
4. What does Urshanabi offer Gilgamesh?
(a) A new boat.
(d) Another option.
5. Immediately following the slaying of the creature, what happens to Enkidu?
(a) He dies.
(b) He begins having dreams full of ominous portents.
(c) He leaves Uruk.
(d) He becomes fearful of the gods.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Gilgamesh lift a stone and throw it down onto the boat?
2. What does Gilgamesh do for many days and nights?
3. Of what does Chapter Nine mark the beginning?
4. What does Enkidu then hear?
5. How long does the storm last?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)