|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Gilgamesh arrive at the shore of the Bitter River?
(a) With many incidents.
(b) Without incident.
2. What does one of the scorpion-men do upon seeing Gilgamesh?
(a) He tells him to turn around and go home.
(b) He attempts to kill him.
(c) He asks his identity.
(d) He bows down to his King.
3. Looking up at the towering peaks, what does Gilgamesh wonder?
(a) Where Enkidu.
(b) How he will make it to the top.
(c) If the gods live on the tops of the peaks.
(d) If he has truly reached the mountains, whose peaks touch the heavens, and whose foundations reach into the bowels of the earth.
4. What does Urshanabi feel for Gilgamesh?
5. How has Gilgamesh made travel in the boat impossible?
(a) By breaking the oarlocks.
(b) By destroying the sails.
(c) By breaking the oars.
(d) By destroying the deck.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Gilgamesh, after reaching the plant?
2. What does Sabitu ask Gilgamesh about his appearance?
3. At first, how does the wine maiden Sabitu feel about Gilgamesh?
4. What happens as Gilgamesh bathes?
5. What happens to Enkidu?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)