|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What request is Gilgamesh unable to do?
(a) Stay awake for seven days and nights.
(b) Keep from becoming angry.
(c) Find Enkidu.
(d) Chop down enough straight poles.
2. Why is Urshanabi banished from the place for all time?
(a) For helping Gilgamesh in the first place.
(b) For not helping Utnapishtim as often as he should.
(c) For not helping Gilgamesh immediately.
(d) For not being immortal.
3. Of what does Sabitu remind the King?
(a) The Mashu Mountains.
(b) The deadly Bitter River.
(c) The earthquakes.
(d) The floods.
4. For how long does Enkidu sleep?
(a) Twelve days.
(b) Thirtten days.
(c) Fifteen days.
(d) Fourteen days.
5. What does Sabitu explain that Gilgamesh will find?
(a) An island with a man in a hammock.
(b) A steep cliff.
(c) A boat and a boat pilot named Urshanabi.
(d) A high mountain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Gilgamesh lament to Utnapishtim?
2. What does Sabitu do after exiting her house?
3. Looking up at the towering peaks, what does Gilgamesh wonder?
4. What is the difficulty in getting the plant?
5. When the water recedes on what is Utnapishtim's construction caught?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Gilgamesh arrive at the short of the Bitter River?
2. How long does the storm last? What happens when the water begins to recede?
3. How does the wine maiden, Sabitu, react to Gilgamesh's appearance?
4. What does the King do when he sees Uruk?
5. How does Sabitu react after Gilgamesh tells his story?
6. What does Utnapishtim tell Gilgamesh that would allow him to return to Uruk honorably?
7. What does Utnapishtim agree to tell Gilgamesh?
8. What does Ea give Utnapishtim? Why?
9. What happens because of Gilgamesh's impatience?
10. What happens when Gilgamesh reaches the Mountains of Mashu?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)