|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Utnapishtim begin at the beginning of this chapter?
(a) The story of how he met Gilgamesh's mother.
(b) The story of how he gained his immortality.
(c) The story of how he became friends with the gods.
(d) The story of how he came to live by the Bitter River.
2. How long does Gilgamesh wait for Urshanabi to arrive?
(a) Four days and nights.
(b) Ten days and nights.
(c) Twenty-four days and nights.
(d) Untold days and nights.
3. What does the scorpion-man urge Gilgamesh to do?
(a) Continue his quest.
(b) Leave him be.
(c) Give up his quest.
(d) Bring him with him.
4. What does Utnapishtim demand to know about the stranger?
(a) Why he does not go home.
(b) If he is a King.
(c) His identity and how he came to be there.
(d) If he is intelligent.
5. What does Sabitu explain that Gilgamesh will find?
(a) An island with a man in a hammock.
(b) A boat and a boat pilot named Urshanabi.
(c) A steep cliff.
(d) A high mountain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when both Gilgamesh and Urshanabi take a morsel of the plant?
2. Can one become immortal by feats of daring alone?
3. When Utnapishtim was mortal, what job did he have?,
4. What happens after eleven days and nights of this leg of Gilgamesh's journey?
5. What does Gilgamesh wonder about Utnapishtim?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)