|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sabitu ask the King?
(a) If she may join him on his journey.
(b) Why he does not go home.
(c) What he seeks.
(d) Why he seeks his ancestor.
2. What prevents Gilgamesh from doing any further damage?
(a) He collapses.
(b) Lightning strikes the boat and destroys it.
(c) The boatman demands to know who dares to damage the boat of Utnapishtim.
(d) A god calls his name.
3. How long does Gilgamesh wait for Urshanabi to arrive?
(a) Four days and nights.
(b) Ten days and nights.
(c) Untold days and nights.
(d) Twenty-four days and nights.
4. What happens as Gilgamesh bathes?
(a) The magic plant is eaten by the animals.
(b) The magic plant falls back in the water.
(c) The magic plant is quickly absconded with by a snake.
(d) The magic plant shrivels and dies.
5. What does this plant do?
(a) It will renew youth, if eaten.
(b) It will kill one, if eaten.
(c) It will create endless happiness, if smelled.
(d) It will make one immortal, if touched.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when both Gilgamesh and Urshanabi take a morsel of the plant?
2. What does Gilgamesh beg Enkidu to do?
3. What does Urshanabi offer Gilgamesh?
4. What does Utnapishtim demand to know about the stranger?
5. What bird is sent out and does not return?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sabitu explain to Gilgamesh that he will find on the shore?
2. What does the scorpion-man urge Gilgamesh to do? How does Gilgamesh respond?
3. What happens because of Gilgamesh's impatience?
4. How long does the storm last? What happens when the water begins to recede?
5. How does Gilgamesh lose the magic weed?
6. What option does Urshanabi offer Gilgamesh?
7. What happens after the slaying of the Bull of Heaven?
8. How does Utnapishtim's wife describe Gilgamesh?
9. What does Gilgamesh do when he realizes his quest is hopeless? How does Utnapishtim respond?
10. What does Utnapishtim agree to tell Gilgamesh?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)