|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does she feel this way about Gilgamesh?
(a) He has disturbed her peace.
(b) He is very handsome.
(c) He came upon her very quietly.
(d) He has wild and unkempt looks.
2. How has Gilgamesh made travel in the boat impossible?
(a) By destroying the sails.
(b) By breaking the oars.
(c) By destroying the deck.
(d) By breaking the oarlocks.
3. What does Ea tell Utnapishtim he must do?
(a) Construct a wagon.
(b) Construct an ark.
(c) Construct a building.
(d) Construct a train.
4. What happens to Gilgamesh, after reaching the plant?
(a) The night sends him into a cave.
(b) The cliff shakes him off the edge.
(c) The animals chase him into the forest.
(d) The water spits him onto the opposing shore.
5. What happens when both Gilgamesh and Urshanabi take a morsel of the plant?
(a) They become violently ill.
(b) They suddenly feel all heaviness drop from their limbs.
(c) They are happier than they ever imagined they could be.
(d) They become immortal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does this god ask Gilgamesh?
2. What does Enkidu do to the tall cedar gate, the hunters, and Harim?
3. Of what does Sabitu remind the King?
4. Does Utnapishtim agree to aid Gilgamesh in his impossible mission?
5. What does Gilgamesh reason?
Short Essay Questions
1. What takes place in Enkidu's dream?
2. What option does Urshanabi offer Gilgamesh?
3. What does Enkidu curse?
4. What does Utnapishtim agree to tell Gilgamesh?
5. How does Sabitu react after Gilgamesh tells his story?
6. What does Ea give Utnapishtim? Why?
7. Of what does Sabitu remind Gilgamesh?
8. What does the boatman say to Gilgamesh, regarding his quest?
9. How does Gilgamesh lose the magic weed?
10. What must Gilgamesh do to reach Utnapishtim?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)