|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Through the trees, what does Gilgamesh see?
(a) The face of Anu.
(b) The face of Ishtar.
(c) The face of Shamash.
(d) The face of Ellil.
2. What does Sabitu do after exiting her house?
(a) She calls for the gods.
(b) She sends Gilgamesh away.
(c) She offers Gilgamesh food and wine and a place to sit.
(d) She looks for Gilgamesh's ancestor.
3. What does Gilgamesh do when he notices this?
(a) He tries to revive the plant.
(b) He jumps in the water.
(c) He pursues the animals.
(d) He pursues the animal.
4. What does one of the scorpion-men do upon seeing Gilgamesh?
(a) He tells him to turn around and go home.
(b) He asks his identity.
(c) He bows down to his King.
(d) He attempts to kill him.
5. What does the wife of Utnapishtim urge her husband to give Gilgamesh?
(a) A hug.
(b) Something that will allow him to return to Uruk honorably.
(c) A chance to find Enkidu.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does this plant do?
2. What does the scorpion-man urge Gilgamesh to do?
3. What is natural to man?
4. Of what does Sabitu remind the King?
5. When the water recedes on what is Utnapishtim's construction caught?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Enkidu curse?
2. What happens because of Gilgamesh's impatience?
3. What does the King do when he sees Uruk?
4. Why is the crow sent out? Why does it not return?
5. What option does Urshanabi offer Gilgamesh?
6. What does the boatman say to Gilgamesh, regarding his quest?
7. What does Ea give Utnapishtim? Why?
8. After Gilgamesh tells his story, how does Utnapishtim respond?
9. What happens after the slaying of the Bull of Heaven?
10. What must Gilgamesh do to reach Utnapishtim?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)