|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Can one become immortal by feats of daring alone?
2. When Utnapishtim was mortal, what job did he have?,
(a) He was a merchant.
(b) He was a blacksmith.
(c) He was a cobbler.
(d) He was a carpenter.
3. What does the wife of Utnapishtim urge her husband to give Gilgamesh?
(a) Something that will allow him to return to Uruk honorably.
(b) A hug.
(d) A chance to find Enkidu.
4. What does Sabitu do after exiting her house?
(a) She sends Gilgamesh away.
(b) She calls for the gods.
(c) She offers Gilgamesh food and wine and a place to sit.
(d) She looks for Gilgamesh's ancestor.
5. What is Utnapishtim doing at the beginning of this chapter?
(a) Lying in his hammock on the further shore of the Bitter River.
(b) Chopping firewood.
(c) Fishing in the Bitter River.
(d) Eating dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the scorpion-man describe to Gilgamesh?
2. What does the god Shamash do to the sleeping Enkidu?
3. What does this god ask Gilgamesh?
4. How has Gilgamesh made travel in the boat impossible?
5. Through the trees, what does Gilgamesh see?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the crow sent out? Why does it not return?
2. What does the boatman say to Gilgamesh, regarding his quest?
3. How does Chapter Nine begin?
4. What option does Urshanabi offer Gilgamesh?
5. How does the wine maiden, Sabitu, react to Gilgamesh's appearance?
6. Of what does Sabitu remind Gilgamesh?
7. What does Sabitu explain to Gilgamesh that he will find on the shore?
8. What does the King do when he sees Uruk?
9. What does Utnapishtim tell Gilgamesh that would allow him to return to Uruk honorably?
10. How does Gilgamesh arrive at the short of the Bitter River?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)