|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the King respond?
(a) He does not answer.
(b) He responds differently than he has in the past.
(c) The same way he always has responded.
(d) He responds with a question.
2. What does Sabitu do after he thanks her?
(a) She ignores him.
(b) She points him toward the Bitter River.
(c) She laughs at him.
(d) She shoves him out the door.
3. What does Utnapishtim promise to do to the boatman?
(a) Treat him the way he has always treated him.
(b) Punish him who aided Gilgamesh on his journey.
(c) Ignore him.
(d) Reward him for aiding Gilgamesh on his journey.
4. Through the trees, what does Gilgamesh see?
(a) The face of Ellil.
(b) The face of Shamash.
(c) The face of Anu.
(d) The face of Ishtar.
5. What happens to Enkidu?
(a) He contracts a fever and his dreams grow more intense.
(b) He is poisoned.
(c) He marries Ishtar.
(d) He becomes angry with Gilgamesh.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gilgamesh do when he notices this?
2. What does Sabitu say about what the King attempts?
3. What does Gilgamesh beg Enkidu to do?
4. What do most of the gods want?
5. How has Gilgamesh made travel in the boat impossible?
Short Essay Questions
1. What option does Urshanabi offer Gilgamesh?
2. How does Utnapishtim's wife describe Gilgamesh?
3. What does Utnapishtim begin?
4. How does Gilgamesh respond to this dream? What happens to Enkidu?
5. How does Sabitu react after Gilgamesh tells his story?
6. What does the King do when he sees Uruk?
7. What does Ea give Utnapishtim? Why?
8. What must Gilgamesh do to reach Utnapishtim?
9. How does Gilgamesh lose the magic weed?
10. Why is the crow sent out? Why does it not return?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)