|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sabitu explain that Gilgamesh will find?
(a) A boat and a boat pilot named Urshanabi.
(b) A steep cliff.
(c) A high mountain.
(d) An island with a man in a hammock.
2. What is natural to man?
3. Why does Gilgamesh lift a stone and throw it down onto the boat?
(a) He does not know what to do.
(b) He is unable to control his impatient anger.
(c) He hopes to wake the boatman.
(d) He is afraid of the boatman.
4. How does Gilgamesh arrive at the shore of the Bitter River?
(a) Without incident.
(c) With many incidents.
5. Of what does Utnapishtim tell Gilgamesh?
(a) A magic bush that grows on a cliff.
(b) A magic flower that grows in a nearby field.
(c) A magic tree that grows on the banks of the Bitter River.
(d) A magic weed that grows at the bottom of the Bitter River.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sabitu ask the King?
2. What does Gilgamesh smash?
3. What does Utnapishtim begin at the beginning of this chapter?
4. What does Sabitu do after he thanks her?
5. Is man meant to be immortal?
Short Essay Questions
1. Of what does Sabitu remind Gilgamesh?
2. What does Ea give Utnapishtim? Why?
3. How long does the storm last? What happens when the water begins to recede?
4. How does Gilgamesh lose the magic weed?
5. What does Utnapishtim begin?
6. How does Gilgamesh respond to this dream? What happens to Enkidu?
7. What does the boatman say to Gilgamesh, regarding his quest?
8. What happens because of Gilgamesh's impatience?
9. What does Enkidu curse?
10. Why is the crow sent out? Why does it not return?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)