|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the scorpion-man describe to Gilgamesh?
(a) The terain of the surrounding land.
(b) The perils of passing through the caverns.
(c) His ancestors.
(d) The path to take.
2. Of what does Utnapishtim tell Gilgamesh?
(a) A magic tree that grows on the banks of the Bitter River.
(b) A magic flower that grows in a nearby field.
(c) A magic weed that grows at the bottom of the Bitter River.
(d) A magic bush that grows on a cliff.
3. What does Gilgamesh do when he notices this?
(a) He tries to revive the plant.
(b) He pursues the animals.
(c) He pursues the animal.
(d) He jumps in the water.
4. What happens as Gilgamesh bathes?
(a) The magic plant is eaten by the animals.
(b) The magic plant falls back in the water.
(c) The magic plant is quickly absconded with by a snake.
(d) The magic plant shrivels and dies.
5. What does Utnapishtim think about Gilgamesh's response?
(a) He is pleased.
(b) He is saddened.
(c) He is displeased.
(d) He is surprised.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gilgamesh beg Enkidu to do?
2. What happens after eleven days and nights of this leg of Gilgamesh's journey?
3. Why has Gilgamesh come to seek his ancestor?
4. Where do the two decide to rest and sleep?
5. How has Gilgamesh made travel in the boat impossible?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the boatman say to Gilgamesh, regarding his quest?
2. How does Sabitu react after Gilgamesh tells his story?
3. After Gilgamesh tells his story, how does Utnapishtim respond?
4. What does the scorpion-man urge Gilgamesh to do? How does Gilgamesh respond?
5. What does Enkidu curse?
6. What option does Urshanabi offer Gilgamesh?
7. What happens because of Gilgamesh's impatience?
8. What happens when Gilgamesh reaches the Mountains of Mashu?
9. What does the King do when he sees Uruk?
10. How does Utnapishtim's wife describe Gilgamesh?
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)