|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gilgamesh do for many days and nights?
(b) Wanders on foot.
2. Looking up at the towering peaks, what does Gilgamesh wonder?
(a) If the gods live on the tops of the peaks.
(b) How he will make it to the top.
(c) Where Enkidu.
(d) If he has truly reached the mountains, whose peaks touch the heavens, and whose foundations reach into the bowels of the earth.
3. Gilgamesh must traverse the deep caverns beneath the Mountains of Mashu in order to reach whom?
4. What does Sabitu ask Gilgamesh about his appearance?
(a) Why is seems so tired.
(b) Why he is still so handsome after his travels.
(c) Why is is so dirty.
(d) Why he is dressed in animal skins and why his skin appears as if it is badly burnt.
5. Of what does Chapter Nine mark the beginning?
(a) The third episode of the epic of Enkidu.
(b) The third episode of the epic of Gilgamesh.
(c) The second episode of the epic of Enkidu.
(d) The second episode of the epic of Gilgamesh.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the scorpion man's wife reply?
2. What happens when both Gilgamesh and Urshanabi take a morsel of the plant?
3. What does one of the scorpion-men do upon seeing Gilgamesh?
4. What does Utnapishtim think about Gilgamesh's appearance?
5. What does Sabitu do after exiting her house?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Gilgamesh arrive at the short of the Bitter River?
2. What does Utnapishtim agree to tell Gilgamesh?
3. What happens when Gilgamesh reaches the Mountains of Mashu?
4. Of what does Sabitu remind Gilgamesh?
5. How does Utnapishtim respond to Gilgamesh's quest?
6. What does Sabitu explain to Gilgamesh that he will find on the shore?
7. What option does Urshanabi offer Gilgamesh?
8. How does the wine maiden, Sabitu, react to Gilgamesh's appearance?
9. What does Ea give Utnapishtim? Why?
10. How does Gilgamesh respond to this dream? What happens to Enkidu?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)