|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is done with the carcass of the beast?
(a) It is burned as an offering to the god Shamash.
(b) It is divided among the city's tradesmen.
(c) It is destroyed.
(d) It is eaten by Gilgamesh and Enkidu.
2. Of what is Anu god?
(a) The skies.
(b) The sea.
(d) The earth.
3. What must Gilgamesh do for Ishtar?
(a) Kill Enkidu.
(b) Marry her.
(c) Visit the underworld.
(d) Kill another monster.
4. As he nears the Temple of Ishtar, what happens beside him?
(a) The earth collapses.
(b) Ishtar joins him on his walk.
(c) Endiku appears.
(d) A double-sided axe slices by and buries itself in the pavement .
5. What does Ninsun ask her son to do?
(a) Look for Enkidu.
(b) Leave her alone.
(c) Describe the dream.
6. What does Enkidu refuse to do?
(a) Give Gilgamesh to the citizens.
(b) Allow Gilgamesh to leave.
(c) Slay Gilgamesh, who is such a worthy opponent.
(d) Forgive Gilgamesh.
7. What ensues between these two men?
(a) A minor disagreement.
(b) A conversation.
(c) A tremendous confrontation.
(d) A wrestling match.
8. Upon their arrival, what do they find the citizens doing?
(a) Going about their usual business.
(b) Building the wall around the city.
(c) Already passing among themselves excited stories about Enkidu.
(d) Complaining to the King about Ekidu's behavior.
9. The people over which Gilgamesh rules as king possess what?
(a) Only one god.
(b) A vast pantheon of gods.
(c) Many possessions.
(d) Magical powers.
10. Does Enkidu agree to take part in this adventure?
(b) At first.
11. Why do the hunter and his father head to the city?
(a) To find a god to help them.
(b) To complain about Gilgamesh's behavior.
(c) To find someone to kill Enkidu.
(d) To report the matter to the King.
12. Over whom does Anu hesitate to take the side of the common people?
(a) The King.
(b) The elders.
(c) The other gods.
13. What should Gilgamesh not do?
(a) Speak to Ishtar.
(b) Leave his home.
(c) Walk the streets or approach the Temple of Ishtar.
(d) Be near Endiku.
14. What happens at that moment?
(a) He awakes.
(b) He calls for his mother.
(c) He falls asleep.
(d) He dies.
15. What do singers do?
(a) They make up songs about the adventure.
(b) They sing the King's favorite songs.
(c) They make up songs about Enkidu.
(d) They perform the King's favorite show.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the anticipated battle between the King and the savage take place?
2. Why does Gilgamesh pour meal on the earth?
3. According to Ishtar's wishes, what does the creature do?
4. What do Gilgamesh and Enkidu grow to be?
5. Ninsun blesses her son and Enkidu and asks Enkidu to do what?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)