|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the story of Gilgamesh begin?
(a) With an account of the geography of his world.
(b) With an account of how Gilgamesh becomes King.
(c) With the story of Gilgamesh's birth.
(d) With the story of how Gilgamesh gained immortality.
2. What is the greatest danger to this city?
(b) The monster Humbaba.
(c) The god Anu.
3. What happens at that moment?
(a) He calls for his mother.
(b) He falls asleep.
(c) He dies.
(d) He awakes.
4. Upon their arrival, what do they find the citizens doing?
(a) Already passing among themselves excited stories about Enkidu.
(b) Going about their usual business.
(c) Building the wall around the city.
(d) Complaining to the King about Ekidu's behavior.
5. What does Enkidu do when Gilgamesh gathers to him an arsenal of finely wrought weaponry and lays it before his Enkidu's feet?
(a) He agrees to take part in the adventure.
(b) He becomes angry.
(c) He laughs at him.
(d) He still turns away.
6. How does Enlil feel about Shamash's pity for mankind?
(a) He is enraged by it.
(b) He is confused by it.
(c) He is saddened by it.
(d) He understands it.
7. Does Anu agree to Ishtar's request?
(a) Not initially.
(d) Yes, at first.
8. What do singers do?
(a) They make up songs about the adventure.
(b) They make up songs about Enkidu.
(c) They sing the King's favorite songs.
(d) They perform the King's favorite show.
9. What must Gilgamesh do for Ishtar?
(a) Marry her.
(b) Kill Enkidu.
(c) Visit the underworld.
(d) Kill another monster.
10. What does the King attempt to do to the savage?
(a) Ignore him.
(b) Push him aside.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Hug him.
11. With the return of the two heroes, what happens in Uruk?
(a) An earthquake.
(b) Work on the wall continues.
(c) A holiday is declared.
(d) The gods arrive.
12. What does Ninsun ask her son to do?
(a) Look for Enkidu.
(c) Leave her alone.
(d) Describe the dream.
13. In what do Gilgamesh and Enkidu take part?
(a) A feast.
(b) Various contests and feats of strength.
(c) A festival.
(d) A dance.
14. How does Ishtar feel about the elders' plan?
(a) She agrees with it at first.
(b) She is unsure about it.
(c) She agrees with it.
(d) She disagrees with it.
15. What ensues between these two men?
(a) A conversation.
(b) A minor disagreement.
(c) A wrestling match.
(d) A tremendous confrontation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Enkidu enchanted by the young girl?
2. Of what is Anu god?
3. According to Ishtar's wishes, what does the creature do?
4. The people over which Gilgamesh rules as king possess what?
5. What does Ishtar do after watching the two victors for a time as they bathe and rest?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)