|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the anticipated battle between the King and the savage take place?
(a) At the gate into the city.
(b) In the forest.
(c) At the King's palace.
(d) At the temple.
2. What must Gilgamesh do for Ishtar?
(a) Kill Enkidu.
(b) Visit the underworld.
(c) Kill another monster.
(d) Marry her.
3. At the Temple of Ishtar, the citizens of Uruk will finally do what?
(a) Ask Ishtar for guidance.
(b) Destroy the temple.
(c) Choose a bride for their king, Gilgamesh.
(d) Pray to Ishtar.
4. What does Ninsun ask her son to do?
(a) Look for Enkidu.
(b) Leave her alone.
(c) Describe the dream.
5. What is a city of fine houses, magnificent temples, marketplaces, and groves of trees?
6. What does Enkidu resolve to do?
(a) Stop Gilgamesh.
(b) Accompany his friend and to make the needed sacrifice.
(c) Meet with the gods.
(d) Leave Gilgamesh and his new life.
7. What does Gilgamesh do when he has a disturbing dream?
(a) He searches for Enkidu.
(b) He ignores it.
(c) He goes immediately to his mother.
(d) He interprets it himself.
8. What happens when Enkidu hurries to the Temple of Ishtar to look for Harim?
(a) He finds her crying.
(b) He finds her with another man.
(c) He finds the courtyard empty and the gates locked.
(d) He finds her praying to Ishtar.
9. Does Anu agree to Ishtar's request?
(c) Yes, at first.
(d) Not initially.
10. Why does Gilgamesh believe he is invincible?
(a) He is very strong.
(b) He is a god.
(c) He is two parts god and only one part man.
(d) He is very smart.
11. To what is this man compared?
(a) A father.
(b) A brother.
(c) A neighbor.
(d) An enemy.
12. Who is responsible for molding humans from inanimate clay?
(c) The elders.
13. Does Enkidu agree to take part in this adventure?
(d) At first.
14. How does the young girl feel when she sees the man?
(a) She is unsure.
(b) She is terrified.
(c) She is irritated.
(d) She is excited.
15. Of what is Anu god?
(a) The skies.
(c) The earth.
(d) The sea.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long do the two companions grapple with the beast?
2. What happens as Harim leads Enkidu into Uruk?
3. What does Enkidu, along with three hundred armed warriors, do?
4. By whom is Gilgamesh welcomed?
5. How does Ishtar feel about the elders' plan?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)