|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Seeing his bravery and his skill in battle, with whom does Ishtar fall in love?
2. Why does Gilgamesh believe he is invincible?
(a) He is very strong.
(b) He is very smart.
(c) He is a god.
(d) He is two parts god and only one part man.
3. What do Gilgamesh and Enkidu do when Ishtar calls the gods to battle against them?
(a) They ignore her and set off for Uruk.
(b) They plan to meet with the other gods.
(c) They plead with her to leave them alone.
(d) They laugh at her.
4. In three days, what have Gilgamesh and Enkidu done?
(a) They have reached the massive cedar gate that leads the way to Humbaba.
(b) They have completed the wall.
(c) They have returned to the forest.
(d) They ahve enjoyed days of festivities.
5. What is the young priestess's worry?
(a) Enkidu will betray her.
(b) Enkidu will become violent in town.
(c) Enkidu will be treated like a King.
(d) Enkidu will be treated no better than a captive animal.
6. Upon their arrival, what do they find the citizens doing?
(a) Building the wall around the city.
(b) Already passing among themselves excited stories about Enkidu.
(c) Complaining to the King about Ekidu's behavior.
(d) Going about their usual business.
7. What does the King attempt to do to the savage?
(a) Push him aside.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Hug him.
(d) Ignore him.
8. What does Gilgamesh do to the beast?
(a) He throws a spear straight into its throat.
(b) He forgives it.
(c) He chops off its head.
(d) He breaks its wings.
9. What is a city of fine houses, magnificent temples, marketplaces, and groves of trees?
10. Ninsun blesses her son and Enkidu and asks Enkidu to do what?
(a) Protect Gilgamesh.
(b) Kill Gilgamesh.
(c) Protect himself.
(d) Allow Gilgamesh his freedom.
11. What do Gilgamesh and Enkidu grow to be?
(a) More like brothers than simple friends.
(b) More like friends than brothers.
(d) Tolerable of one another.
12. Who is responsible for molding humans from inanimate clay?
(c) The elders.
13. Why does Gilgamesh pour meal on the earth?
(a) To protect their feet as they walk.
(b) To feed the birds.
(c) To appease the gods.
(d) To grow crops.
14. Of what does Gilgamesh remind her?
(a) There are no more monsters to be killed.
(b) He loves Enkidu.
(c) He cannot enter the underworld.
(d) Every lover she has ever taken has been destroyed.
15. What is the greatest danger to this city?
(a) The god Anu.
(b) The monster Humbaba.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Enkidu, along with three hundred armed warriors, do?
2. How does the story of Gilgamesh begin?
3. What does Ninsun ask her son to do?
4. When Harim enters the forest, by what is she charmed?
5. At the Temple of Ishtar, the citizens of Uruk will finally do what?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)