|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is this dream, according to Gilgamesh's mother?
(a) An evil portent.
(b) Caused by the large meal he had the night before.
(c) Just a dream.
(d) A sign of what good is to come.
2. What does the King attempt to do to the savage?
(a) Hug him.
(b) Push him aside.
(c) Kill him.
(d) Ignore him.
3. What does Enkidu do when Gilgamesh gathers to him an arsenal of finely wrought weaponry and lays it before his Enkidu's feet?
(a) He still turns away.
(b) He becomes angry.
(c) He agrees to take part in the adventure.
(d) He laughs at him.
4. What is the adventure the King proposes?
(a) A trip around the world.
(b) Dragon hunting.
(c) Traveling to the underworld.
(d) Killing the monster Humbaba.
5. With the mothers robbed of their sons and the young girls of their lovers, what do the city elders decide to do?
(a) Complain to the other citizens.
(b) Complain to Anu.
(c) Complain to the gods.
(d) Complain to the King.
6. What does Enkido do when Gilgamesh attempts to enter?
(a) He stabs him through with a sword.
(b) He allows him to enter.
(c) He blocks his path.
(d) He ignores him.
7. What is the young priestess's worry?
(a) Enkidu will become violent in town.
(b) Enkidu will be treated no better than a captive animal.
(c) Enkidu will be treated like a King.
(d) Enkidu will betray her.
8. Who is responsible for molding humans from inanimate clay?
(c) The elders.
9. In three days, what have Gilgamesh and Enkidu done?
(a) They have completed the wall.
(b) They have reached the massive cedar gate that leads the way to Humbaba.
(c) They ahve enjoyed days of festivities.
(d) They have returned to the forest.
10. How does the young girl feel when she sees the man?
(a) She is irritated.
(b) She is unsure.
(c) She is excited.
(d) She is terrified.
11. How does Ishtar feel about the elders' plan?
(a) She disagrees with it.
(b) She agrees with it at first.
(c) She agrees with it.
(d) She is unsure about it.
12. Does Enkidu agree to take part in this adventure?
(c) At first.
13. Ninsun blesses her son and Enkidu and asks Enkidu to do what?
(a) Protect Gilgamesh.
(b) Protect himself.
(c) Allow Gilgamesh his freedom.
(d) Kill Gilgamesh.
14. How does the goddess Ishtar feel about what has taken place?
(a) She is besider herself with anxiety.
(b) She is beside herself with rage.
(c) She is besider herself with happiness.
(d) She is beside herself with saddness.
15. Does Anu agree to Ishtar's request?
(a) Not initially.
(b) Yes, at first.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the Temple of Ishtar, the citizens of Uruk will finally do what?
2. What does Gilgamesh know about Harim?
3. Finally, what do the city elders attempt to do?
4. Why is Enkidu enchanted by the young girl?
5. How does the wild man find himself when sitting beside the young priestess?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)