|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In three days, what have Gilgamesh and Enkidu done?
(a) They have returned to the forest.
(b) They have completed the wall.
(c) They ahve enjoyed days of festivities.
(d) They have reached the massive cedar gate that leads the way to Humbaba.
2. Does Gilgamesh agree to this?
(b) At first.
3. What does Enkidu resolve to do?
(a) Stop Gilgamesh.
(b) Meet with the gods.
(c) Accompany his friend and to make the needed sacrifice.
(d) Leave Gilgamesh and his new life.
4. What is a city of fine houses, magnificent temples, marketplaces, and groves of trees?
5. According to Ishtar's wishes, what does the creature do?
(a) It blocks the sun from reaching the earth.
(b) It cuts a swathe of death and destruction through the streets of Uruk.
(c) It floods the river.
(d) It chases after Gilgamesh.
6. How does the story of Gilgamesh begin?
(a) With the story of Gilgamesh's birth.
(b) With the story of how Gilgamesh gained immortality.
(c) With an account of how Gilgamesh becomes King.
(d) With an account of the geography of his world.
7. As he nears the Temple of Ishtar, what happens beside him?
(a) Endiku appears.
(b) A double-sided axe slices by and buries itself in the pavement .
(c) The earth collapses.
(d) Ishtar joins him on his walk.
8. How do the citizens feel about Enkido's behavior?
9. How does the young girl feel when she sees the man?
(a) She is terrified.
(b) She is excited.
(c) She is unsure.
(d) She is irritated.
10. Does Enkidu agree to take part in this adventure?
(a) At first.
11. What does Enkidu, along with three hundred armed warriors, do?
(a) He begs for Gilgamesh's help in killing the beast.
(b) He chases the creature from the city.
(c) He comes out to meet the beast.
(d) He protects the creature.
12. Of what does Gilgamesh remind her?
(a) He cannot enter the underworld.
(b) Every lover she has ever taken has been destroyed.
(c) There are no more monsters to be killed.
(d) He loves Enkidu.
13. What do singers do?
(a) They make up songs about Enkidu.
(b) They make up songs about the adventure.
(c) They perform the King's favorite show.
(d) They sing the King's favorite songs.
14. What is the greatest danger to this city?
(b) The monster Humbaba.
(d) The god Anu.
15. The people over which Gilgamesh rules as king possess what?
(a) Magical powers.
(b) Only one god.
(c) A vast pantheon of gods.
(d) Many possessions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ninsun possess?
2. What does Ishtar do after watching the two victors for a time as they bathe and rest?
3. What happens as Harim leads Enkidu into Uruk?
4. How does Ishtar feel about the elders' plan?
5. What is the young priestess's worry?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)