|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In his dream, what is Gilgamesh doing?
(a) Walking through the forest.
(b) Eating dinner.
(c) Walking through the streets of Uruk.
(d) Speaking to his people.
2. How does the man respond to the girl?
(a) He waves to her.
(b) He leaves.
(c) He gives her a confused stare.
(d) He says hello in return.
3. How does the wild man find himself when sitting beside the young priestess?
(b) Utterly content.
4. How do the citizens feel about Enkido's behavior?
5. What does Ishtar ask her father Anu to create?
(a) A Bull of Heaven.
(b) A Horse of Heaven.
(c) A Lion of Heaven.
(d) A Bird of Heaven.
6. Who robs a young hunter's traps?
7. How does King Gilgamesh surprise his people, regarding this person?
(a) He does not want to fight Anu alone.
(b) He plans to fight Aruru.
(c) He will marry Ishtar.
(d) He does not offer to fight Enkidu himself.
8. What does Gilgamesh do to the beast?
(a) He chops off its head.
(b) He throws a spear straight into its throat.
(c) He forgives it.
(d) He breaks its wings.
9. How does the goddess Ishtar feel about what has taken place?
(a) She is beside herself with saddness.
(b) She is beside herself with rage.
(c) She is besider herself with anxiety.
(d) She is besider herself with happiness.
10. What does the King attempt to do to the savage?
(a) Hug him.
(b) Push him aside.
(c) Ignore him.
(d) Kill him.
11. What is the young priestess's worry?
(a) Enkidu will betray her.
(b) Enkidu will become violent in town.
(c) Enkidu will be treated like a King.
(d) Enkidu will be treated no better than a captive animal.
12. What do scribes do?
(a) They teach Enkidu how to write.
(b) They tell the stories of the King and Enkidu on the walls of a tomb.
(c) They engrave the stories onto stone or press the letters into wet clay.
(d) They write stories of the men's adventures on papyrus.
13. What do Gilgamesh and Enkidu grow to be?
(a) More like friends than brothers.
(c) More like brothers than simple friends.
(d) Tolerable of one another.
14. Of what does Gilgamesh remind her?
(a) He loves Enkidu.
(b) Every lover she has ever taken has been destroyed.
(c) There are no more monsters to be killed.
(d) He cannot enter the underworld.
15. Who does Ishtar gather together?
(a) Enkidu and Gilgamesh.
(b) The royal family.
(c) All the gods from all parts of heaven.
(d) The citizens of Uruk.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the story of Gilgamesh begin?
2. What is the result of the King's request to continue building the walls higher and higher?
3. The slightest touch of what waters causes immediate death?
4. What does Gilgamesh do when he has a disturbing dream?
5. What do Gilgamesh and Enkidu do when Ishtar calls the gods to battle against them?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)