Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Enkidu do when Gilgamesh gathers to him an arsenal of finely wrought weaponry and lays it before his Enkidu's feet?
(a) He still turns away.
(b) He agrees to take part in the adventure.
(c) He laughs at him.
(d) He becomes angry.
2. What is done with the carcass of the beast?
(a) It is divided among the city's tradesmen.
(b) It is eaten by Gilgamesh and Enkidu.
(c) It is burned as an offering to the god Shamash.
(d) It is destroyed.
3. What does Ninsun do at the temple?
(a) She prays to the god Shamash.
(b) She prays to the god Aruru.
(c) She prays to the god Anu.
(d) She prays to the god Ishtar.
4. What is done with the entrails?
(a) They are destroyed.
(b) They are eaten by Gilgamesh and Enkidu.
(c) They are divided among the city's tradesmen.
(d) They are burnt as an offering to the god Shamash.
5. How does the young girl feel when she sees the man?
(a) She is excited.
(b) She is unsure.
(c) She is irritated.
(d) She is terrified.
6. How does King Gilgamesh surprise his people, regarding this person?
(a) He does not want to fight Anu alone.
(b) He plans to fight Aruru.
(c) He will marry Ishtar.
(d) He does not offer to fight Enkidu himself.
7. By whom is Gilgamesh welcomed?
(a) His mother.
(b) His father.
8. What does the girl do when she looks beyond the savagery of this man's appearance to the gentleness of his nature?
(a) She leaves the forest.
(b) She goes to Enkidu.
(c) She says hello.
(d) She smiles at him.
9. What should Gilgamesh not do?
(a) Leave his home.
(b) Speak to Ishtar.
(c) Walk the streets or approach the Temple of Ishtar.
(d) Be near Endiku.
10. What do Gilgamesh and Enkidu grow to be?
(a) Tolerable of one another.
(c) More like friends than brothers.
(d) More like brothers than simple friends.
11. What must Gilgamesh do for Ishtar?
(a) Kill another monster.
(b) Visit the underworld.
(c) Kill Enkidu.
(d) Marry her.
12. Into what does Enkidu eventually force Gilgamesh?
(a) A room.
(b) A closet.
(c) A position of vulnerability.
(d) A puddle of mud.
13. In his dream, what is Gilgamesh doing?
(a) Eating dinner.
(b) Walking through the forest.
(c) Walking through the streets of Uruk.
(d) Speaking to his people.
14. What does Ishtar do after watching the two victors for a time as they bathe and rest?
(a) She approaches Enkidu and threatens great punishment.
(b) She leaves them alone.
(c) She admires them.
(d) She approaches Gilgamesh and threatens great punishment.
15. How does the wild man find himself when sitting beside the young priestess?
(c) Utterly content.
Short Answer Questions
1. As he nears the Temple of Ishtar, what happens beside him?
2. Why do the hunter and his father head to the city?
3. What is the young priestess's worry?
4. What happens when Enkidu hurries to the Temple of Ishtar to look for Harim?
5. Of what is Anu god?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)