|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ishtar ask her father Anu to create?
(a) A Bull of Heaven.
(b) A Bird of Heaven.
(c) A Lion of Heaven.
(d) A Horse of Heaven.
2. Why does Gilgamesh pour meal on the earth?
(a) To feed the birds.
(b) To appease the gods.
(c) To protect their feet as they walk.
(d) To grow crops.
3. What is the greatest danger to this city?
(c) The monster Humbaba.
(d) The god Anu.
4. After Harim and Enkidu proceed to the temple, what does the young priestess do?
(a) She sends him in alone.
(b) She leaves Enkidu at the gate.
(c) She speaks to Ishtar.
(d) She brings him into the temple.
5. The people over which Gilgamesh rules as king possess what?
(a) Many possessions.
(b) Magical powers.
(c) A vast pantheon of gods.
(d) Only one god.
6. What does Gilgamesh know about Harim?
(a) She is Anu's servant.
(b) Her loyalties are with Ishtar.
(c) Her charms will prevail over Enkidu with far more facility than force.
(d) She is in love with Ekidu.
7. What does the double-edged axe symbolize?
(a) A dangerous man.
(b) A kind man.
(c) An intelligent man.
(d) A nervous man.
8. How does Enlil feel about Shamash's pity for mankind?
(a) He understands it.
(b) He is confused by it.
(c) He is saddened by it.
(d) He is enraged by it.
9. What does Enkidu refuse to do?
(a) Slay Gilgamesh, who is such a worthy opponent.
(b) Forgive Gilgamesh.
(c) Give Gilgamesh to the citizens.
(d) Allow Gilgamesh to leave.
10. What must Gilgamesh do for Ishtar?
(a) Kill another monster.
(b) Visit the underworld.
(c) Kill Enkidu.
(d) Marry her.
11. Watching the battle between Humbaba and the two friends, what happens to the goddess Ishtar?
(a) She is saddened.
(b) She is moved from enraged to enamored.
(c) She is amused.
(d) She becomes angry.
12. Why does Gilgamesh believe he is invincible?
(a) He is a god.
(b) He is very smart.
(c) He is two parts god and only one part man.
(d) He is very strong.
13. With the mothers robbed of their sons and the young girls of their lovers, what do the city elders decide to do?
(a) Complain to the gods.
(b) Complain to Anu.
(c) Complain to the other citizens.
(d) Complain to the King.
14. How does the man respond to the girl?
(a) He says hello in return.
(b) He leaves.
(c) He waves to her.
(d) He gives her a confused stare.
15. What do singers do?
(a) They make up songs about the adventure.
(b) They perform the King's favorite show.
(c) They sing the King's favorite songs.
(d) They make up songs about Enkidu.
Short Answer Questions
1. Finally, what do the city elders attempt to do?
2. What ensues between these two men?
3. In his dream, what is Gilgamesh doing?
4. Upon their arrival, what do they find the citizens doing?
5. Ninsun blesses her son and Enkidu and asks Enkidu to do what?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)