|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the young girl feel when she sees the man?
(a) She is unsure.
(b) She is irritated.
(c) She is terrified.
(d) She is excited.
2. What does the double-edged axe symbolize?
(a) A nervous man.
(b) An intelligent man.
(c) A kind man.
(d) A dangerous man.
3. What does Ninsun possess?
(a) The ability to soothe those who are distraught.
(c) The gifts of prophecy and the interpretation of dreams.
(d) A great deal of knowledge.
4. Over whom does Anu hesitate to take the side of the common people?
(a) The King.
(b) The elders.
(c) The other gods.
5. Who robs a young hunter's traps?
6. What ensues between these two men?
(a) A tremendous confrontation.
(b) A conversation.
(c) A minor disagreement.
(d) A wrestling match.
7. How does the story of Gilgamesh begin?
(a) With an account of the geography of his world.
(b) With the story of Gilgamesh's birth.
(c) With an account of how Gilgamesh becomes King.
(d) With the story of how Gilgamesh gained immortality.
8. As he nears the Temple of Ishtar, what happens beside him?
(a) Endiku appears.
(b) A double-sided axe slices by and buries itself in the pavement .
(c) The earth collapses.
(d) Ishtar joins him on his walk.
9. How does the goddess Ishtar feel about what has taken place?
(a) She is beside herself with saddness.
(b) She is besider herself with happiness.
(c) She is beside herself with rage.
(d) She is besider herself with anxiety.
10. What should Gilgamesh not do?
(a) Be near Endiku.
(b) Leave his home.
(c) Walk the streets or approach the Temple of Ishtar.
(d) Speak to Ishtar.
11. Of what does Gilgamesh remind her?
(a) There are no more monsters to be killed.
(b) Every lover she has ever taken has been destroyed.
(c) He cannot enter the underworld.
(d) He loves Enkidu.
12. Finally, what do the city elders attempt to do?
(b) Ignore the two men.
(c) Find a new King.
(d) Prepare the King for his departure.
13. In what do Gilgamesh and Enkidu take part?
(a) A dance.
(b) A feast.
(c) Various contests and feats of strength.
(d) A festival.
14. What does Gilgamesh know about Harim?
(a) She is Anu's servant.
(b) Her loyalties are with Ishtar.
(c) Her charms will prevail over Enkidu with far more facility than force.
(d) She is in love with Ekidu.
15. What does the King attempt to do to the savage?
(a) Kill him.
(b) Ignore him.
(c) Push him aside.
(d) Hug him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the result of the King's request to continue building the walls higher and higher?
2. What do scribes do?
3. What does Enkido do when Gilgamesh attempts to enter?
4. By whom is Gilgamesh welcomed?
5. When Harim enters the forest, by what is she charmed?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)