|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ensues between these two men?
(a) A conversation.
(b) A tremendous confrontation.
(c) A minor disagreement.
(d) A wrestling match.
2. With the mothers robbed of their sons and the young girls of their lovers, what do the city elders decide to do?
(a) Complain to the other citizens.
(b) Complain to the King.
(c) Complain to the gods.
(d) Complain to Anu.
3. What does Ninsun possess?
(a) A great deal of knowledge.
(b) The gifts of prophecy and the interpretation of dreams.
(d) The ability to soothe those who are distraught.
4. How does King Gilgamesh surprise his people, regarding this person?
(a) He plans to fight Aruru.
(b) He will marry Ishtar.
(c) He does not offer to fight Enkidu himself.
(d) He does not want to fight Anu alone.
5. In three days, what have Gilgamesh and Enkidu done?
(a) They have completed the wall.
(b) They have reached the massive cedar gate that leads the way to Humbaba.
(c) They ahve enjoyed days of festivities.
(d) They have returned to the forest.
6. When Harim enters the forest, by what is she charmed?
(a) The peace and quiet.
(b) The smells of nature.
(c) The animals and leaves and broken sunlight of the forest.
7. What does Ninsun ask her son to do?
(b) Describe the dream.
(c) Leave her alone.
(d) Look for Enkidu.
8. Why do the elders suggest that a man be created?
(a) To be Gilgamesh's companion.
(b) To scare Gilgamesh.
(c) To destroy Gilgamesh.
(d) To be Gilgamesh's brother.
9. Does Enkidu agree to take part in this adventure?
(b) At first.
10. As he nears the Temple of Ishtar, what happens beside him?
(a) The earth collapses.
(b) Endiku appears.
(c) Ishtar joins him on his walk.
(d) A double-sided axe slices by and buries itself in the pavement .
11. What is the result of the King's request to continue building the walls higher and higher?
(a) Wealth is lost.
(b) A monster becomes angry.
(c) The King monopolizes the time of the men.
(d) Workers are exhausted.
12. Who robs a young hunter's traps?
13. In his dream, what is Gilgamesh doing?
(a) Speaking to his people.
(b) Walking through the streets of Uruk.
(c) Walking through the forest.
(d) Eating dinner.
14. How does the story of Gilgamesh begin?
(a) With an account of the geography of his world.
(b) With an account of how Gilgamesh becomes King.
(c) With the story of Gilgamesh's birth.
(d) With the story of how Gilgamesh gained immortality.
15. What is this dream, according to Gilgamesh's mother?
(a) A sign of what good is to come.
(b) Caused by the large meal he had the night before.
(c) An evil portent.
(d) Just a dream.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the hunter and his father head to the city?
2. What do the elders request of Enkidu?
3. The slightest touch of what waters causes immediate death?
4. Of what is Anu god?
5. How does the man respond to the girl?
This section contains 531 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)