|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Gilgamesh and Enkidu grow to be?
(a) More like friends than brothers.
(b) More like brothers than simple friends.
(c) Tolerable of one another.
2. How does Ishtar feel about the elders' plan?
(a) She disagrees with it.
(b) She agrees with it.
(c) She agrees with it at first.
(d) She is unsure about it.
3. How does the man respond to the girl?
(a) He gives her a confused stare.
(b) He waves to her.
(c) He leaves.
(d) He says hello in return.
4. What does Ninsun possess?
(a) The gifts of prophecy and the interpretation of dreams.
(b) The ability to soothe those who are distraught.
(d) A great deal of knowledge.
5. In what do Gilgamesh and Enkidu take part?
(a) Various contests and feats of strength.
(b) A dance.
(c) A feast.
(d) A festival.
6. What do singers do?
(a) They perform the King's favorite show.
(b) They make up songs about the adventure.
(c) They sing the King's favorite songs.
(d) They make up songs about Enkidu.
7. What does Ninsun ask her son to do?
(b) Look for Enkidu.
(c) Leave her alone.
(d) Describe the dream.
8. Upon their arrival, what do they find the citizens doing?
(a) Going about their usual business.
(b) Already passing among themselves excited stories about Enkidu.
(c) Building the wall around the city.
(d) Complaining to the King about Ekidu's behavior.
9. What does Enkidu do when Gilgamesh gathers to him an arsenal of finely wrought weaponry and lays it before his Enkidu's feet?
(a) He becomes angry.
(b) He laughs at him.
(c) He agrees to take part in the adventure.
(d) He still turns away.
10. What does Enkidu resolve to do?
(a) Meet with the gods.
(b) Stop Gilgamesh.
(c) Leave Gilgamesh and his new life.
(d) Accompany his friend and to make the needed sacrifice.
11. What does the double-edged axe symbolize?
(a) A nervous man.
(b) A kind man.
(c) A dangerous man.
(d) An intelligent man.
12. For how long do the two companions grapple with the beast?
(a) Thirty minutes.
(c) One hour.
(d) A few moments.
13. The people over which Gilgamesh rules as king possess what?
(a) A vast pantheon of gods.
(b) Many possessions.
(c) Magical powers.
(d) Only one god.
14. With the mothers robbed of their sons and the young girls of their lovers, what do the city elders decide to do?
(a) Complain to the King.
(b) Complain to Anu.
(c) Complain to the gods.
(d) Complain to the other citizens.
15. How does Enlil feel about Shamash's pity for mankind?
(a) He is enraged by it.
(b) He is saddened by it.
(c) He understands it.
(d) He is confused by it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Gilgamesh pour meal on the earth?
2. What should Gilgamesh not do?
3. What is the result of the King's request to continue building the walls higher and higher?
4. Who is responsible for molding humans from inanimate clay?
5. How does the young girl feel when she sees the man?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)