|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the citizens feel about Enkido's behavior?
2. What do Gilgamesh and Enkidu grow to be?
(b) Tolerable of one another.
(c) More like friends than brothers.
(d) More like brothers than simple friends.
3. In three days, what have Gilgamesh and Enkidu done?
(a) They have reached the massive cedar gate that leads the way to Humbaba.
(b) They ahve enjoyed days of festivities.
(c) They have completed the wall.
(d) They have returned to the forest.
4. When Harim enters the forest, by what is she charmed?
(b) The smells of nature.
(c) The animals and leaves and broken sunlight of the forest.
(d) The peace and quiet.
5. Who robs a young hunter's traps?
6. What does the double-edged axe symbolize?
(a) A dangerous man.
(b) An intelligent man.
(c) A kind man.
(d) A nervous man.
7. What is done with the entrails?
(a) They are divided among the city's tradesmen.
(b) They are eaten by Gilgamesh and Enkidu.
(c) They are destroyed.
(d) They are burnt as an offering to the god Shamash.
8. What should Gilgamesh not do?
(a) Be near Endiku.
(b) Walk the streets or approach the Temple of Ishtar.
(c) Speak to Ishtar.
(d) Leave his home.
9. How does the wild man find himself when sitting beside the young priestess?
(a) Utterly content.
10. What do the elders request of Enkidu?
(a) He must stop Gilgamesh.
(b) He must talk to the gods.
(c) He must accompany Gilgamesh.
(d) He must leave the city.
11. Why does Gilgamesh believe he is invincible?
(a) He is a god.
(b) He is very strong.
(c) He is two parts god and only one part man.
(d) He is very smart.
12. What does Ninsun ask her son to do?
(b) Describe the dream.
(c) Leave her alone.
(d) Look for Enkidu.
13. What does Enkido do when Gilgamesh attempts to enter?
(a) He allows him to enter.
(b) He stabs him through with a sword.
(c) He blocks his path.
(d) He ignores him.
14. What do Gilgamesh and Enkidu do when Ishtar calls the gods to battle against them?
(a) They plan to meet with the other gods.
(b) They ignore her and set off for Uruk.
(c) They plead with her to leave them alone.
(d) They laugh at her.
15. Who does Ishtar gather together?
(a) Enkidu and Gilgamesh.
(b) The royal family.
(c) The citizens of Uruk.
(d) All the gods from all parts of heaven.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Enkidu resolve to do?
2. What happens at that moment?
3. Of what does Gilgamesh remind her?
4. How does Enlil feel about Shamash's pity for mankind?
5. What is this dream, according to Gilgamesh's mother?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)