|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is responsible for molding humans from inanimate clay?
(a) The elders.
2. According to Ishtar's wishes, what does the creature do?
(a) It floods the river.
(b) It blocks the sun from reaching the earth.
(c) It cuts a swathe of death and destruction through the streets of Uruk.
(d) It chases after Gilgamesh.
3. With the mothers robbed of their sons and the young girls of their lovers, what do the city elders decide to do?
(a) Complain to Anu.
(b) Complain to the King.
(c) Complain to the other citizens.
(d) Complain to the gods.
4. Into what does Enkidu eventually force Gilgamesh?
(a) A puddle of mud.
(b) A closet.
(c) A room.
(d) A position of vulnerability.
5. What does Ninsun ask her son to do?
(a) Describe the dream.
(b) Look for Enkidu.
(c) Leave her alone.
6. What does Gilgamesh do when he has a disturbing dream?
(a) He interprets it himself.
(b) He ignores it.
(c) He goes immediately to his mother.
(d) He searches for Enkidu.
7. What does Enkido do when Gilgamesh attempts to enter?
(a) He stabs him through with a sword.
(b) He allows him to enter.
(c) He ignores him.
(d) He blocks his path.
8. Why does Gilgamesh believe he is invincible?
(a) He is very smart.
(b) He is a god.
(c) He is two parts god and only one part man.
(d) He is very strong.
9. What is done with the carcass of the beast?
(a) It is destroyed.
(b) It is burned as an offering to the god Shamash.
(c) It is divided among the city's tradesmen.
(d) It is eaten by Gilgamesh and Enkidu.
10. What is done with the entrails?
(a) They are eaten by Gilgamesh and Enkidu.
(b) They are destroyed.
(c) They are divided among the city's tradesmen.
(d) They are burnt as an offering to the god Shamash.
11. What eclipses even the entry of the wild man?
(a) A day of celebration.
(b) The sun.
(c) An attack by a neighboring city.
(d) An important event taking place in the city.
12. When Harim enters the forest, by what is she charmed?
(a) The peace and quiet.
(b) The smells of nature.
(d) The animals and leaves and broken sunlight of the forest.
13. What do Gilgamesh and Enkidu grow to be?
(a) More like friends than brothers.
(b) More like brothers than simple friends.
(d) Tolerable of one another.
14. Ninsun blesses her son and Enkidu and asks Enkidu to do what?
(a) Kill Gilgamesh.
(b) Allow Gilgamesh his freedom.
(c) Protect himself.
(d) Protect Gilgamesh.
15. What does the girl do when she looks beyond the savagery of this man's appearance to the gentleness of his nature?
(a) She goes to Enkidu.
(b) She smiles at him.
(c) She leaves the forest.
(d) She says hello.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what is this man compared?
2. What does Enkidu refuse to do?
3. What does Enkidu, along with three hundred armed warriors, do?
4. For how long do the two companions grapple with the beast?
5. In three days, what have Gilgamesh and Enkidu done?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)