|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ninsun possess?
(a) The gifts of prophecy and the interpretation of dreams.
(b) A great deal of knowledge.
(c) The ability to soothe those who are distraught.
2. Over whom does Anu hesitate to take the side of the common people?
(a) The elders.
(b) The King.
(d) The other gods.
3. How does Ishtar feel about the elders' plan?
(a) She agrees with it at first.
(b) She is unsure about it.
(c) She agrees with it.
(d) She disagrees with it.
4. What does Ishtar threaten to do If her father does not create the creature she requests?
(a) She will kill him.
(b) She will open the doors of the underworld to let the dead rise and outnumber the living.
(c) She will leave and never return.
(d) She will marry Gilgamesh.
5. How does the wild man find himself when sitting beside the young priestess?
(c) Utterly content.
6. In his dream, what is Gilgamesh doing?
(a) Walking through the streets of Uruk.
(b) Walking through the forest.
(c) Speaking to his people.
(d) Eating dinner.
7. Why is Enkidu enchanted by the young girl?
(a) She reminds him of a gazelle.
(b) She is the first woman he has ever seen.
(c) She is very beautiful.
(d) She is the first human he has ever seen.
8. Why do the hunter and his father head to the city?
(a) To find someone to kill Enkidu.
(b) To find a god to help them.
(c) To report the matter to the King.
(d) To complain about Gilgamesh's behavior.
9. How do the citizens feel about Enkido's behavior?
10. What does the double-edged axe symbolize?
(a) An intelligent man.
(b) A nervous man.
(c) A kind man.
(d) A dangerous man.
11. What is done with the entrails?
(a) They are destroyed.
(b) They are burnt as an offering to the god Shamash.
(c) They are divided among the city's tradesmen.
(d) They are eaten by Gilgamesh and Enkidu.
12. How does Enlil feel about Shamash's pity for mankind?
(a) He understands it.
(b) He is confused by it.
(c) He is saddened by it.
(d) He is enraged by it.
13. With the return of the two heroes, what happens in Uruk?
(a) An earthquake.
(b) The gods arrive.
(c) A holiday is declared.
(d) Work on the wall continues.
14. The slightest touch of what waters causes immediate death?
(a) The Swift River.
(b) The Bitter River.
(c) The Tiber River.
(d) The Euphrates River.
15. What does the girl do when she looks beyond the savagery of this man's appearance to the gentleness of his nature?
(a) She smiles at him.
(b) She says hello.
(c) She leaves the forest.
(d) She goes to Enkidu.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ensues between these two men?
2. What does Enkido do when Gilgamesh attempts to enter?
3. What does Enkidu resolve to do?
4. What do scribes do?
5. In three days, what have Gilgamesh and Enkidu done?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)