|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do singers do?
(a) They make up songs about the adventure.
(b) They make up songs about Enkidu.
(c) They perform the King's favorite show.
(d) They sing the King's favorite songs.
2. Ninsun blesses her son and Enkidu and asks Enkidu to do what?
(a) Kill Gilgamesh.
(b) Allow Gilgamesh his freedom.
(c) Protect Gilgamesh.
(d) Protect himself.
3. What is the young priestess's worry?
(a) Enkidu will be treated like a King.
(b) Enkidu will be treated no better than a captive animal.
(c) Enkidu will become violent in town.
(d) Enkidu will betray her.
4. Of what does Gilgamesh remind her?
(a) He loves Enkidu.
(b) Every lover she has ever taken has been destroyed.
(c) He cannot enter the underworld.
(d) There are no more monsters to be killed.
5. How does Ishtar feel about the elders' plan?
(a) She disagrees with it.
(b) She agrees with it at first.
(c) She agrees with it.
(d) She is unsure about it.
6. What does Gilgamesh do when he has a disturbing dream?
(a) He interprets it himself.
(b) He ignores it.
(c) He goes immediately to his mother.
(d) He searches for Enkidu.
7. In what do Gilgamesh and Enkidu take part?
(a) A dance.
(b) A feast.
(c) Various contests and feats of strength.
(d) A festival.
8. What happens when Enkidu hurries to the Temple of Ishtar to look for Harim?
(a) He finds her with another man.
(b) He finds her praying to Ishtar.
(c) He finds her crying.
(d) He finds the courtyard empty and the gates locked.
9. What does Enkidu, along with three hundred armed warriors, do?
(a) He chases the creature from the city.
(b) He protects the creature.
(c) He comes out to meet the beast.
(d) He begs for Gilgamesh's help in killing the beast.
10. What does the girl do when she looks beyond the savagery of this man's appearance to the gentleness of his nature?
(a) She says hello.
(b) She leaves the forest.
(c) She smiles at him.
(d) She goes to Enkidu.
11. By whom is Gilgamesh welcomed?
(b) His father.
(d) His mother.
12. The people over which Gilgamesh rules as king possess what?
(a) A vast pantheon of gods.
(b) Magical powers.
(c) Only one god.
(d) Many possessions.
13. Why do the elders suggest that a man be created?
(a) To destroy Gilgamesh.
(b) To be Gilgamesh's companion.
(c) To be Gilgamesh's brother.
(d) To scare Gilgamesh.
14. What do Gilgamesh and Enkidu grow to be?
(a) More like friends than brothers.
(b) Tolerable of one another.
(c) More like brothers than simple friends.
15. When Harim enters the forest, by what is she charmed?
(a) The peace and quiet.
(b) The smells of nature.
(d) The animals and leaves and broken sunlight of the forest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do scribes do?
2. What does Ninsun possess?
3. How do the citizens feel about Enkido's behavior?
4. Watching the battle between Humbaba and the two friends, what happens to the goddess Ishtar?
5. What is the result of the King's request to continue building the walls higher and higher?
This section contains 562 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)