|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Enkido do when Gilgamesh attempts to enter?
(a) He ignores him.
(b) He blocks his path.
(c) He stabs him through with a sword.
(d) He allows him to enter.
2. What happens at that moment?
(a) He dies.
(b) He awakes.
(c) He falls asleep.
(d) He calls for his mother.
3. What do Gilgamesh and Enkidu grow to be?
(a) More like friends than brothers.
(b) More like brothers than simple friends.
(c) Tolerable of one another.
4. How does the man respond to the girl?
(a) He leaves.
(b) He waves to her.
(c) He says hello in return.
(d) He gives her a confused stare.
5. What does Ishtar threaten to do If her father does not create the creature she requests?
(a) She will leave and never return.
(b) She will marry Gilgamesh.
(c) She will open the doors of the underworld to let the dead rise and outnumber the living.
(d) She will kill him.
6. What does Gilgamesh do to the beast?
(a) He forgives it.
(b) He throws a spear straight into its throat.
(c) He chops off its head.
(d) He breaks its wings.
7. What does the girl do when she looks beyond the savagery of this man's appearance to the gentleness of his nature?
(a) She says hello.
(b) She goes to Enkidu.
(c) She leaves the forest.
(d) She smiles at him.
8. How does Gilgamesh react to his mother's warning?
(a) He laughs.
(b) He grows nervous.
(c) He becomes angry.
(d) He cries.
9. What is done with the carcass of the beast?
(a) It is divided among the city's tradesmen.
(b) It is destroyed.
(c) It is eaten by Gilgamesh and Enkidu.
(d) It is burned as an offering to the god Shamash.
10. What is the adventure the King proposes?
(a) Dragon hunting.
(b) Killing the monster Humbaba.
(c) Traveling to the underworld.
(d) A trip around the world.
11. What does Gilgamesh know about Harim?
(a) She is in love with Ekidu.
(b) She is Anu's servant.
(c) Her loyalties are with Ishtar.
(d) Her charms will prevail over Enkidu with far more facility than force.
12. With the mothers robbed of their sons and the young girls of their lovers, what do the city elders decide to do?
(a) Complain to the King.
(b) Complain to the gods.
(c) Complain to the other citizens.
(d) Complain to Anu.
13. What eclipses even the entry of the wild man?
(a) An attack by a neighboring city.
(b) The sun.
(c) An important event taking place in the city.
(d) A day of celebration.
14. What does Ninsun ask her son to do?
(a) Look for Enkidu.
(c) Leave her alone.
(d) Describe the dream.
15. As he nears the Temple of Ishtar, what happens beside him?
(a) A double-sided axe slices by and buries itself in the pavement .
(b) Ishtar joins him on his walk.
(c) Endiku appears.
(d) The earth collapses.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does Enkidu agree to take part in this adventure?
2. Seeing his bravery and his skill in battle, with whom does Ishtar fall in love?
3. What does Enkidu resolve to do?
4. What is done with the entrails?
5. Why do the hunter and his father head to the city?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)