|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With the return of the two heroes, what happens in Uruk?
(a) A holiday is declared.
(b) The gods arrive.
(c) Work on the wall continues.
(d) An earthquake.
2. Why does the young priestess do this?
(a) In order to be away from him.
(b) In order that she might adorn herself for the upcoming ceremony.
(c) In order that he might meet Ishtar.
(d) In order that Ishtar find favor in him.
3. Watching the battle between Humbaba and the two friends, what happens to the goddess Ishtar?
(a) She is moved from enraged to enamored.
(b) She is saddened.
(c) She is amused.
(d) She becomes angry.
4. What happens when Enkidu hurries to the Temple of Ishtar to look for Harim?
(a) He finds her crying.
(b) He finds the courtyard empty and the gates locked.
(c) He finds her with another man.
(d) He finds her praying to Ishtar.
5. Upon their arrival, what do they find the citizens doing?
(a) Already passing among themselves excited stories about Enkidu.
(b) Complaining to the King about Ekidu's behavior.
(c) Going about their usual business.
(d) Building the wall around the city.
6. Who is responsible for molding humans from inanimate clay?
(c) The elders.
7. By whom is Gilgamesh welcomed?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
8. How does King Gilgamesh surprise his people, regarding this person?
(a) He will marry Ishtar.
(b) He does not want to fight Anu alone.
(c) He does not offer to fight Enkidu himself.
(d) He plans to fight Aruru.
9. Why is Enkidu enchanted by the young girl?
(a) She is very beautiful.
(b) She is the first human he has ever seen.
(c) She is the first woman he has ever seen.
(d) She reminds him of a gazelle.
10. In what do Gilgamesh and Enkidu take part?
(a) Various contests and feats of strength.
(b) A dance.
(c) A feast.
(d) A festival.
11. How do the citizens feel about Enkido's behavior?
12. What does Enkidu, along with three hundred armed warriors, do?
(a) He comes out to meet the beast.
(b) He begs for Gilgamesh's help in killing the beast.
(c) He chases the creature from the city.
(d) He protects the creature.
13. What does Ninsun ask her son to do?
(a) Leave her alone.
(b) Describe the dream.
(c) Look for Enkidu.
14. What is this dream, according to Gilgamesh's mother?
(a) Just a dream.
(b) An evil portent.
(c) Caused by the large meal he had the night before.
(d) A sign of what good is to come.
15. What happens at that moment?
(a) He dies.
(b) He calls for his mother.
(c) He falls asleep.
(d) He awakes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the anticipated battle between the King and the savage take place?
2. Why do the elders suggest that a man be created?
3. What does the double-edged axe symbolize?
4. What do the elders request of Enkidu?
5. What happens as Harim leads Enkidu into Uruk?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)