|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the girl do when she looks beyond the savagery of this man's appearance to the gentleness of his nature?
(a) She says hello.
(b) She smiles at him.
(c) She leaves the forest.
(d) She goes to Enkidu.
2. Why does Gilgamesh pour meal on the earth?
(a) To protect their feet as they walk.
(b) To feed the birds.
(c) To grow crops.
(d) To appease the gods.
3. How does the wild man find himself when sitting beside the young priestess?
(d) Utterly content.
4. For how long do the two companions grapple with the beast?
(a) One hour.
(b) Thirty minutes.
(c) A few moments.
5. What happens at that moment?
(a) He dies.
(b) He calls for his mother.
(c) He awakes.
(d) He falls asleep.
6. Over whom does Anu hesitate to take the side of the common people?
(a) The King.
(b) The other gods.
(c) The elders.
7. What do singers do?
(a) They make up songs about Enkidu.
(b) They make up songs about the adventure.
(c) They perform the King's favorite show.
(d) They sing the King's favorite songs.
8. What ensues between these two men?
(a) A minor disagreement.
(b) A tremendous confrontation.
(c) A conversation.
(d) A wrestling match.
9. What does Enkidu resolve to do?
(a) Meet with the gods.
(b) Stop Gilgamesh.
(c) Accompany his friend and to make the needed sacrifice.
(d) Leave Gilgamesh and his new life.
10. What does Enkidu, along with three hundred armed warriors, do?
(a) He comes out to meet the beast.
(b) He begs for Gilgamesh's help in killing the beast.
(c) He protects the creature.
(d) He chases the creature from the city.
11. How does the young girl feel when she sees the man?
(a) She is excited.
(b) She is irritated.
(c) She is terrified.
(d) She is unsure.
12. What does the King attempt to do to the savage?
(a) Push him aside.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Ignore him.
(d) Hug him.
13. Who does Ishtar gather together?
(a) All the gods from all parts of heaven.
(b) The citizens of Uruk.
(c) The royal family.
(d) Enkidu and Gilgamesh.
14. What does Gilgamesh know about Harim?
(a) Her loyalties are with Ishtar.
(b) She is in love with Ekidu.
(c) Her charms will prevail over Enkidu with far more facility than force.
(d) She is Anu's servant.
15. What is the result of the King's request to continue building the walls higher and higher?
(a) The King monopolizes the time of the men.
(b) Wealth is lost.
(c) A monster becomes angry.
(d) Workers are exhausted.
Short Answer Questions
1. Into what does Enkidu eventually force Gilgamesh?
2. By whom is Gilgamesh welcomed?
3. The slightest touch of what waters causes immediate death?
4. Does Gilgamesh agree to this?
5. What does the double-edged axe symbolize?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)