Short Answer Key
1. How does the story of Gilgamesh begin?
With an account of the geography of his world.
2. The slightest touch of what waters causes immediate death?
The Bitter River.
3. The people over which Gilgamesh rules as king possess what?
A vast pantheon of gods.
4. Of what is Anu god?
5. What is a city of fine houses, magnificent temples, marketplaces, and groves of trees?
6. What is the greatest danger to this city?
The monster Humbaba.
7. What is the result of the King's request to continue building the walls higher and higher?
The King monopolizes the time of the men.
8. With the mothers robbed of their sons and the young girls of their lovers, what do the city elders decide to do?
Complain to the gods.
9. Over whom does Anu hesitate to take the side of...
This section contains 2,541 words|
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)