|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do scribes do?
(a) They write stories of the men's adventures on papyrus.
(b) They teach Enkidu how to write.
(c) They engrave the stories onto stone or press the letters into wet clay.
(d) They tell the stories of the King and Enkidu on the walls of a tomb.
2. Does Gilgamesh agree to this?
(a) At first.
3. Why does the young priestess do this?
(a) In order that Ishtar find favor in him.
(b) In order that he might meet Ishtar.
(c) In order to be away from him.
(d) In order that she might adorn herself for the upcoming ceremony.
4. What does Gilgamesh do to the beast?
(a) He throws a spear straight into its throat.
(b) He forgives it.
(c) He chops off its head.
(d) He breaks its wings.
5. What does Gilgamesh wonder about Utnapishtim?
(a) If he is immortal.
(b) Why he lives by the Bitter River.
(c) Why he left Gilgamesh's mother.
(d) How did he come to be immortal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Upon their arrival, what do they find the citizens doing?
2. With the mothers robbed of their sons and the young girls of their lovers, what do the city elders decide to do?
3. How does the King respond?
4. What is done with the entrails?
5. What does Ninsun ask her son to do?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)