|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What eclipses even the entry of the wild man?
(a) A day of celebration.
(b) An attack by a neighboring city.
(c) An important event taking place in the city.
(d) The sun.
2. What does Shamash advise Gilgamesh to do?
(a) Give up his search.
(b) Find Enkidu immediately.
(c) Ask some other god about the underworld.
(d) Follow his rules.
3. Why do the elders suggest that a man be created?
(a) To scare Gilgamesh.
(b) To be Gilgamesh's companion.
(c) To be Gilgamesh's brother.
(d) To destroy Gilgamesh.
4. Through the trees, what does Gilgamesh see?
(a) The face of Anu.
(b) The face of Shamash.
(c) The face of Ishtar.
(d) The face of Ellil.
5. In three days, what have Gilgamesh and Enkidu done?
(a) They have completed the wall.
(b) They have returned to the forest.
(c) They have reached the massive cedar gate that leads the way to Humbaba.
(d) They ahve enjoyed days of festivities.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the water recedes on what is Utnapishtim's construction caught?
2. For how long does Enkidu sleep?
3. What does this god ask Gilgamesh?
4. What is this dream, according to Gilgamesh's mother?
5. Why do the hunter and his father head to the city?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)