|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the wife of Utnapishtim urge her husband to give Gilgamesh?
(a) A hug.
(b) Something that will allow him to return to Uruk honorably.
(d) A chance to find Enkidu.
2. What does this god ask Gilgamesh?
(a) Where he has been.
(b) Why he has not found Enkidu.
(c) How he came to be here in the garden, so gaunt and disheveled.
(d) Why he does not turn back.
3. How does Ishtar feel about the elders' plan?
(a) She is unsure about it.
(b) She agrees with it at first.
(c) She agrees with it.
(d) She disagrees with it.
4. What is the young priestess's worry?
(a) Enkidu will betray her.
(b) Enkidu will be treated like a King.
(c) Enkidu will be treated no better than a captive animal.
(d) Enkidu will become violent in town.
5. What do Gilgamesh and Enkidu do when Ishtar calls the gods to battle against them?
(a) They ignore her and set off for Uruk.
(b) They plead with her to leave them alone.
(c) They plan to meet with the other gods.
(d) They laugh at her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ninsun do at the temple?
2. How does the wife of Utnapishtim describe Gilgamesh?
3. What do singers do?
4. What does Utnapishtim think about Gilgamesh's response?
5. Upon their arrival, what do they find the citizens doing?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)