|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Unable to revive his friend, what does Gilgamesh do?
(a) He wanders aimlessly through the streets.
(b) He begs Shamash for help.
(c) He goes to the forest.
(d) He goes to his goddess-mother to question his own mortality.
2. When the water recedes on what is Utnapishtim's construction caught?
(a) A cliff.
(b) The top of a mountain.
(c) A volcano.
(d) A deep sea crater.
3. What does Gilgamesh know about Harim?
(a) She is Anu's servant.
(b) Her charms will prevail over Enkidu with far more facility than force.
(c) Her loyalties are with Ishtar.
(d) She is in love with Ekidu.
4. What do Gilgamesh and Enkidu grow to be?
(a) More like friends than brothers.
(b) More like brothers than simple friends.
(c) Tolerable of one another.
5. How does the scorpion man's wife reply?
(a) Do not kill the stranger. Let him speak.
(b) Allow the stranger to stay.
(c) This is Gilgamesh, our King.
(d) The stranger is two-thirds god and one-third man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Utnapishtim begin at the beginning of this chapter?
2. Why does she feel this way about Gilgamesh?
3. What does Gilgamesh wonder about Utnapishtim?
4. After Harim and Enkidu proceed to the temple, what does the young priestess do?
5. How does Enlil feel about Shamash's pity for mankind?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)