|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the Temple of Ishtar, the citizens of Uruk will finally do what?
(a) Choose a bride for their king, Gilgamesh.
(b) Destroy the temple.
(c) Pray to Ishtar.
(d) Ask Ishtar for guidance.
2. What is done with the entrails?
(a) They are burnt as an offering to the god Shamash.
(b) They are destroyed.
(c) They are divided among the city's tradesmen.
(d) They are eaten by Gilgamesh and Enkidu.
3. How does Ishtar feel about the elders' plan?
(a) She agrees with it at first.
(b) She agrees with it.
(c) She disagrees with it.
(d) She is unsure about it.
4. What does Utnapishtim demand to know about the stranger?
(a) Why he does not go home.
(b) His identity and how he came to be there.
(c) If he is a King.
(d) If he is intelligent.
5. What does Enkidu resolve to do?
(a) Stop Gilgamesh.
(b) Leave Gilgamesh and his new life.
(c) Accompany his friend and to make the needed sacrifice.
(d) Meet with the gods.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gilgamesh reason?
2. How is Gilgamesh treated by Utnapishtim?
3. How does Gilgamesh arrive at the shore of the Bitter River?
4. Why does the dove that is released return?
5. What does Gilgamesh do when he has a disturbing dream?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)