|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For whom does Utnapishtim prepare a feast?
(a) His family.
(b) The gods.
(c) The people who survived the flood.
(d) The animals.
2. Of what does Utnapishtim tell Gilgamesh?
(a) A magic flower that grows in a nearby field.
(b) A magic bush that grows on a cliff.
(c) A magic weed that grows at the bottom of the Bitter River.
(d) A magic tree that grows on the banks of the Bitter River.
3. What does Gilgamesh do to the beast?
(a) He chops off its head.
(b) He forgives it.
(c) He throws a spear straight into its throat.
(d) He breaks its wings.
4. What is the greatest danger to this city?
(a) The monster Humbaba.
(c) The god Anu.
5. What does Gilgamesh assure Enkidu?
(a) If he goes to the underworld, he goes alone.
(b) If he leaves Uruk, Gilgamesh will surely die.
(c) If he goes to the underworld, Gilgamesh will wait at the gate until they let Enkidu out again.
(d) If he goes back to the forest, Gilgamesh will send Harim with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the anticipated battle between the King and the savage take place?
2. What does Gilgamesh smash?
3. What does Gilgamesh do for many days and nights?
4. Finally, what do the city elders attempt to do?
5. As he nears the Temple of Ishtar, what happens beside him?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)