|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sabitu do after exiting her house?
(a) She sends Gilgamesh away.
(b) She looks for Gilgamesh's ancestor.
(c) She offers Gilgamesh food and wine and a place to sit.
(d) She calls for the gods.
2. Immediately following the slaying of the creature, what happens to Enkidu?
(a) He leaves Uruk.
(b) He becomes fearful of the gods.
(c) He begins having dreams full of ominous portents.
(d) He dies.
3. What happens when Enkidu hurries to the Temple of Ishtar to look for Harim?
(a) He finds her crying.
(b) He finds her praying to Ishtar.
(c) He finds her with another man.
(d) He finds the courtyard empty and the gates locked.
4. Why does Gilgamesh believe he is invincible?
(a) He is very smart.
(b) He is a god.
(c) He is very strong.
(d) He is two parts god and only one part man.
5. Watching the battle between Humbaba and the two friends, what happens to the goddess Ishtar?
(a) She is saddened.
(b) She becomes angry.
(c) She is moved from enraged to enamored.
(d) She is amused.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ninsun possess?
2. Ninsun blesses her son and Enkidu and asks Enkidu to do what?
3. What is the result of the King's request to continue building the walls higher and higher?
4. What does the double-edged axe symbolize?
5. What does Enkidu do when Gilgamesh gathers to him an arsenal of finely wrought weaponry and lays it before his Enkidu's feet?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)