|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the water recedes on what is Utnapishtim's construction caught?
(a) The top of a mountain.
(b) A deep sea crater.
(c) A volcano.
(d) A cliff.
2. As he nears the Temple of Ishtar, what happens beside him?
(a) Endiku appears.
(b) Ishtar joins him on his walk.
(c) A double-sided axe slices by and buries itself in the pavement .
(d) The earth collapses.
3. How is Gilgamesh treated by Utnapishtim?
(a) He is humiliated.
(b) He is warmly welcomed.
(c) He is ignored.
(d) He is rebuked.
4. At the Temple of Ishtar, the citizens of Uruk will finally do what?
(a) Pray to Ishtar.
(b) Destroy the temple.
(c) Choose a bride for their king, Gilgamesh.
(d) Ask Ishtar for guidance.
5. Of what does Utnapishtim tell Gilgamesh?
(a) A magic tree that grows on the banks of the Bitter River.
(b) A magic bush that grows on a cliff.
(c) A magic weed that grows at the bottom of the Bitter River.
(d) A magic flower that grows in a nearby field.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ishtar threaten to do If her father does not create the creature she requests?
2. Who orders the gatekeeper to open the door to the underworld for Gilgamesh?
3. What does Sabitu ask the King?
4. Upon their arrival, what do they find the citizens doing?
5. What is natural to man?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)