|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Is man meant to be immortal?
2. Why does Shamash not know the ways of the underworld?
(a) He is a new god.
(b) He does not like the underworld.
(c) He only knows the ways of the light.
(d) He is not a very intelligent god.
3. What do most of the gods want?
(a) Enkidu to be killed.
(b) Gilgamesh to protect Enkidu.
(c) Ishtar to exile both Enkidu and Gilgamesh.
(d) Ishtar to leave Enkidu alone.
4. Why does Gilgamesh lament to Utnapishtim?
(a) He realizes that his quest is, indeed, hopeless.
(b) He realizes that Utnapishtim wants nothing to do with him.
(c) He realizes he can become immortal.
(d) He realizes that his quest will be much longer than expected.
5. At the Temple of Ishtar, the citizens of Uruk will finally do what?
(a) Ask Ishtar for guidance.
(b) Destroy the temple.
(c) Choose a bride for their king, Gilgamesh.
(d) Pray to Ishtar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the elders request of Enkidu?
2. What does Enkidu do to the tall cedar gate, the hunters, and Harim?
3. What does Ninsun ask Gilgamesh?
4. What does Ninsun possess?
5. What does the god Shamash do to the sleeping Enkidu?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)