|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does she feel this way about Gilgamesh?
(a) He has disturbed her peace.
(b) He is very handsome.
(c) He came upon her very quietly.
(d) He has wild and unkempt looks.
2. How does King Gilgamesh surprise his people, regarding this person?
(a) He plans to fight Aruru.
(b) He does not want to fight Anu alone.
(c) He will marry Ishtar.
(d) He does not offer to fight Enkidu himself.
3. Why is Enkidu enchanted by the young girl?
(a) She is the first human he has ever seen.
(b) She is very beautiful.
(c) She is the first woman he has ever seen.
(d) She reminds him of a gazelle.
4. Why has Gilgamesh come to seek his ancestor?
(a) So he can become immortal.
(b) So he can build a friendship with him.
(c) So he can tell Gilgamesh where Enkidu is and whether of not Gilgamesh must die.
(d) So he can meet his family.
5. What do Gilgamesh and Enkidu do when Ishtar calls the gods to battle against them?
(a) They laugh at her.
(b) They plead with her to leave them alone.
(c) They plan to meet with the other gods.
(d) They ignore her and set off for Uruk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gilgamesh spot?
2. Finally, what do the city elders attempt to do?
3. What should Gilgamesh not do?
4. What does this god ask Gilgamesh?
5. What do the elders request of Enkidu?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)