|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Over whom does Anu hesitate to take the side of the common people?
(a) The King.
(b) The other gods.
(c) The elders.
2. What does this god ask Gilgamesh?
(a) Why he does not turn back.
(b) Why he has not found Enkidu.
(c) Where he has been.
(d) How he came to be here in the garden, so gaunt and disheveled.
3. Why does Gilgamesh pour meal on the earth?
(a) To protect their feet as they walk.
(b) To feed the birds.
(c) To grow crops.
(d) To appease the gods.
4. In his dream, what is Gilgamesh doing?
(a) Walking through the forest.
(b) Walking through the streets of Uruk.
(c) Speaking to his people.
(d) Eating dinner.
5. What does the god Shamash do to the sleeping Enkidu?
(a) He kills him.
(b) He praises him.
(c) He protects him.
(d) He scolds him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Gilgamesh immediately repent?
2. What does Utnapishtim think about Gilgamesh's appearance?
3. What does the scorpion-man urge Gilgamesh to do?
4. As he nears the Temple of Ishtar, what happens beside him?
5. What is Gilgamesh's explanation?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)