|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has Gilgamesh come to seek his ancestor?
(a) So he can tell Gilgamesh where Enkidu is and whether of not Gilgamesh must die.
(b) So he can build a friendship with him.
(c) So he can become immortal.
(d) So he can meet his family.
2. The slightest touch of what waters causes immediate death?
(a) The Tiber River.
(b) The Swift River.
(c) The Bitter River.
(d) The Euphrates River.
3. How does the scorpion man's wife reply?
(a) The stranger is two-thirds god and one-third man.
(b) Allow the stranger to stay.
(c) This is Gilgamesh, our King.
(d) Do not kill the stranger. Let him speak.
4. What is the result of the King's request to continue building the walls higher and higher?
(a) The King monopolizes the time of the men.
(b) Wealth is lost.
(c) A monster becomes angry.
(d) Workers are exhausted.
5. What is Gilgamesh's explanation?
(a) He lies about his travels.
(b) He tells her nothing.
(c) He tells the story of Enkidu's death and his terrible journey.
(d) He tells her a part of the story.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does Enkidu agree to take part in this adventure?
2. What does Gilgamesh smash?
3. To what is this man compared?
4. What is the greatest danger to this city?
5. What happens after eleven days and nights of this leg of Gilgamesh's journey?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)