|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the Temple of Ishtar, the citizens of Uruk will finally do what?
(a) Ask Ishtar for guidance.
(b) Destroy the temple.
(c) Choose a bride for their king, Gilgamesh.
(d) Pray to Ishtar.
2. Is man meant to be immortal?
3. The slightest touch of what waters causes immediate death?
(a) The Tiber River.
(b) The Bitter River.
(c) The Euphrates River.
(d) The Swift River.
4. How does Enlil feel about Shamash's pity for mankind?
(a) He is confused by it.
(b) He understands it.
(c) He is saddened by it.
(d) He is enraged by it.
5. What does Ishtar ask her father Anu to create?
(a) A Lion of Heaven.
(b) A Horse of Heaven.
(c) A Bull of Heaven.
(d) A Bird of Heaven.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the god Shamash do to the sleeping Enkidu?
2. How does Gilgamesh react to his mother's warning?
3. What is Utnapishtim doing at the beginning of this chapter?
4. What does Sabitu explain that Gilgamesh will find?
5. What does Gilgamesh beg Enkidu to do?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)