|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the young priestess do this?
(a) In order that he might meet Ishtar.
(b) In order to be away from him.
(c) In order that Ishtar find favor in him.
(d) In order that she might adorn herself for the upcoming ceremony.
2. What does Ishtar threaten to do If her father does not create the creature she requests?
(a) She will marry Gilgamesh.
(b) She will kill him.
(c) She will leave and never return.
(d) She will open the doors of the underworld to let the dead rise and outnumber the living.
3. Who robs a young hunter's traps?
4. What does Ninsun do at the temple?
(a) She prays to the god Shamash.
(b) She prays to the god Aruru.
(c) She prays to the god Ishtar.
(d) She prays to the god Anu.
5. How is Gilgamesh treated by Utnapishtim?
(a) He is warmly welcomed.
(b) He is rebuked.
(c) He is ignored.
(d) He is humiliated.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gilgamesh must traverse the deep caverns beneath the Mountains of Mashu in order to reach whom?
2. What is this dream, according to Gilgamesh's mother?
3. How does Enlil feel about Shamash's pity for mankind?
4. Why does she feel this way about Gilgamesh?
5. What does Enkido do when Gilgamesh attempts to enter?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)