|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Enlil feel about Shamash's pity for mankind?
(a) He is confused by it.
(b) He is saddened by it.
(c) He is enraged by it.
(d) He understands it.
2. What does Enkidu then hear?
(a) The laughter of the other gods.
(b) The angry voices of the other gods.
(c) The screams of the other gods.
(d) The cries of the other gods.
3. Why is Enkidu enchanted by the young girl?
(a) She is the first woman he has ever seen.
(b) She is the first human he has ever seen.
(c) She is very beautiful.
(d) She reminds him of a gazelle.
4. How does the goddess Ishtar feel about what has taken place?
(a) She is besider herself with anxiety.
(b) She is beside herself with rage.
(c) She is besider herself with happiness.
(d) She is beside herself with saddness.
5. Where does the anticipated battle between the King and the savage take place?
(a) At the gate into the city.
(b) At the King's palace.
(c) In the forest.
(d) At the temple.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what does Gilgamesh remind her?
2. Why do the hunter and his father head to the city?
3. What does Sabitu do after he thanks her?
4. What is natural to man?
5. Does Anu agree to Ishtar's request?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)