|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Gilgamesh believe he is invincible?
(a) He is very strong.
(b) He is a god.
(c) He is very smart.
(d) He is two parts god and only one part man.
2. What happens at that moment?
(a) He calls for his mother.
(b) He falls asleep.
(c) He dies.
(d) He awakes.
3. How do the citizens feel about Enkido's behavior?
4. What must Gilgamesh do for Ishtar?
(a) Visit the underworld.
(b) Marry her.
(c) Kill Enkidu.
(d) Kill another monster.
5. After Harim and Enkidu proceed to the temple, what does the young priestess do?
(a) She sends him in alone.
(b) She speaks to Ishtar.
(c) She brings him into the temple.
(d) She leaves Enkidu at the gate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is natural to man?
2. How does the wife of Utnapishtim describe Gilgamesh?
3. Why does Gilgamesh immediately repent?
4. What is the greatest danger to this city?
5. Seeing his bravery and his skill in battle, with whom does Ishtar fall in love?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)