|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Harim and Enkidu proceed to the temple, what does the young priestess do?
(a) She leaves Enkidu at the gate.
(b) She speaks to Ishtar.
(c) She brings him into the temple.
(d) She sends him in alone.
2. What does Gilgamesh beg Enkidu to do?
(a) Leave Uruk.
(b) Stay awake.
(c) Relate the dreams so that he can tell them to his mother.
(d) Forget his dream.
3. Why does Gilgamesh believe he is invincible?
(a) He is a god.
(b) He is very strong.
(c) He is very smart.
(d) He is two parts god and only one part man.
4. Where are Ishtar and her priestesses in Enkidu's dream?
(a) Gathered on top of the mountain.
(b) Surrounding him.
(c) In the river.
(d) Gathered on top of the city wall.
5. How does the scorpion man's wife reply?
(a) Allow the stranger to stay.
(b) This is Gilgamesh, our King.
(c) Do not kill the stranger. Let him speak.
(d) The stranger is two-thirds god and one-third man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What must Gilgamesh do for Ishtar?
2. How does the young girl feel when she sees the man?
3. After Gilgamesh tells his story, how does Utnapishtim answer?
4. What does Enkidu resolve to do?
5. How is Gilgamesh treated by Utnapishtim?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)