|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Over whom does Anu hesitate to take the side of the common people?
(a) The King.
(b) The other gods.
(c) The elders.
2. What does Sabitu ask Gilgamesh about his appearance?
(a) Why he is still so handsome after his travels.
(b) Why is is so dirty.
(c) Why is seems so tired.
(d) Why he is dressed in animal skins and why his skin appears as if it is badly burnt.
3. Why do the elders suggest that a man be created?
(a) To destroy Gilgamesh.
(b) To be Gilgamesh's brother.
(c) To be Gilgamesh's companion.
(d) To scare Gilgamesh.
4. What is the result of the King's request to continue building the walls higher and higher?
(a) Wealth is lost.
(b) A monster becomes angry.
(c) The King monopolizes the time of the men.
(d) Workers are exhausted.
5. The slightest touch of what waters causes immediate death?
(a) The Tiber River.
(b) The Swift River.
(c) The Bitter River.
(d) The Euphrates River.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Utnapishtim think about Gilgamesh's appearance?
2. What happens after eleven days and nights of this leg of Gilgamesh's journey?
3. When Harim enters the forest, by what is she charmed?
4. Why does the young priestess do this?
5. Why does Gilgamesh lift a stone and throw it down onto the boat?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)