|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens as Harim leads Enkidu into Uruk?
(a) He is captured.
(b) He is ignored.
(c) He is taunted.
(d) He is besieged by curious onlookers.
2. Of what does Gilgamesh remind her?
(a) He cannot enter the underworld.
(b) He loves Enkidu.
(c) Every lover she has ever taken has been destroyed.
(d) There are no more monsters to be killed.
3. What does Ninsun do at the temple?
(a) She prays to the god Aruru.
(b) She prays to the god Ishtar.
(c) She prays to the god Shamash.
(d) She prays to the god Anu.
4. What does Gilgamesh do to the beast?
(a) He throws a spear straight into its throat.
(b) He forgives it.
(c) He chops off its head.
(d) He breaks its wings.
5. Why is Enkidu enchanted by the young girl?
(a) She is very beautiful.
(b) She is the first woman he has ever seen.
(c) She is the first human he has ever seen.
(d) She reminds him of a gazelle.
Short Answer Questions
1. With the return of the two heroes, what happens in Uruk?
2. Why does Gilgamesh lift a stone and throw it down onto the boat?
3. For how long do the two companions grapple with the beast?
4. When Harim enters the forest, by what is she charmed?
5. Immediately following the slaying of the creature, what happens to Enkidu?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)