|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What must Gilgamesh do for Ishtar?
(a) Visit the underworld.
(b) Kill another monster.
(c) Kill Enkidu.
(d) Marry her.
2. What does Gilgamesh assure Enkidu?
(a) If he leaves Uruk, Gilgamesh will surely die.
(b) If he goes to the underworld, he goes alone.
(c) If he goes back to the forest, Gilgamesh will send Harim with him.
(d) If he goes to the underworld, Gilgamesh will wait at the gate until they let Enkidu out again.
3. What does the double-edged axe symbolize?
(a) An intelligent man.
(b) A dangerous man.
(c) A nervous man.
(d) A kind man.
4. What does Sabitu say about what the King attempts?
(a) It is encouraging.
(b) It is surprising.
(c) It is very brave.
(d) It is impossible.
5. How does Gilgamesh react to his mother's warning?
(a) He grows nervous.
(b) He becomes angry.
(c) He laughs.
(d) He cries.
Short Answer Questions
1. Finally, what do the city elders attempt to do?
2. Who is responsible for molding humans from inanimate clay?
3. What does Gilgamesh do when he has a disturbing dream?
4. What is done with the carcass of the beast?
5. In what do Gilgamesh and Enkidu take part?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)