|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gilgamesh reason?
(a) Because Ishtar is unkind, she should be killed.
(b) Because they committed all their acts together, they cannot die separately.
(c) Because the gods like him, he should become immortal.
(d) Because Enkidu is not the King, he should be the only one banished.
2. What do most of the gods want?
(a) Ishtar to leave Enkidu alone.
(b) Ishtar to exile both Enkidu and Gilgamesh.
(c) Enkidu to be killed.
(d) Gilgamesh to protect Enkidu.
3. What does Enkidu, along with three hundred armed warriors, do?
(a) He protects the creature.
(b) He chases the creature from the city.
(c) He comes out to meet the beast.
(d) He begs for Gilgamesh's help in killing the beast.
4. The people over which Gilgamesh rules as king possess what?
(a) Many possessions.
(b) Only one god.
(c) Magical powers.
(d) A vast pantheon of gods.
5. In what do Gilgamesh and Enkidu take part?
(a) Various contests and feats of strength.
(b) A feast.
(c) A festival.
(d) A dance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gilgamesh beg Enkidu to do?
2. What is the adventure the King proposes?
3. By whom is Gilgamesh welcomed?
4. What is this dream, according to Gilgamesh's mother?
5. What does Gilgamesh do when he has a disturbing dream?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)