|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does one of the scorpion-men do upon seeing Gilgamesh?
(a) He asks his identity.
(b) He attempts to kill him.
(c) He bows down to his King.
(d) He tells him to turn around and go home.
2. What is done with the carcass of the beast?
(a) It is destroyed.
(b) It is burned as an offering to the god Shamash.
(c) It is divided among the city's tradesmen.
(d) It is eaten by Gilgamesh and Enkidu.
3. What does Sabitu do after exiting her house?
(a) She calls for the gods.
(b) She offers Gilgamesh food and wine and a place to sit.
(c) She sends Gilgamesh away.
(d) She looks for Gilgamesh's ancestor.
4. What do Gilgamesh and Enkidu do when Ishtar calls the gods to battle against them?
(a) They plan to meet with the other gods.
(b) They laugh at her.
(c) They plead with her to leave them alone.
(d) They ignore her and set off for Uruk.
5. What does Enkidu then hear?
(a) The screams of the other gods.
(b) The laughter of the other gods.
(c) The angry voices of the other gods.
(d) The cries of the other gods.
Short Answer Questions
1. Through the trees, what does Gilgamesh see?
2. How does the scorpion man's wife reply?
3. Of what does Chapter Nine mark the beginning?
4. According to Ishtar's wishes, what does the creature do?
5. What does Ishtar threaten to do If her father does not create the creature she requests?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)