|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the young girl feel when she sees the man?
(a) She is excited.
(b) She is unsure.
(c) She is irritated.
(d) She is terrified.
2. Of what does Gilgamesh remind her?
(a) He cannot enter the underworld.
(b) Every lover she has ever taken has been destroyed.
(c) He loves Enkidu.
(d) There are no more monsters to be killed.
3. Why does Gilgamesh pour meal on the earth?
(a) To grow crops.
(b) To protect their feet as they walk.
(c) To appease the gods.
(d) To feed the birds.
4. In his dream, what is Gilgamesh doing?
(a) Speaking to his people.
(b) Walking through the streets of Uruk.
(c) Eating dinner.
(d) Walking through the forest.
5. What is done with the entrails?
(a) They are divided among the city's tradesmen.
(b) They are eaten by Gilgamesh and Enkidu.
(c) They are burnt as an offering to the god Shamash.
(d) They are destroyed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has Gilgamesh come to seek his ancestor?
2. What is Gilgamesh's explanation?
3. How does the scorpion man's wife reply?
4. Through the trees, what does Gilgamesh see?
5. The people over which Gilgamesh rules as king possess what?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)