|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is done with the carcass of the beast?
(a) It is eaten by Gilgamesh and Enkidu.
(b) It is burned as an offering to the god Shamash.
(c) It is divided among the city's tradesmen.
(d) It is destroyed.
2. What does Gilgamesh know about Harim?
(a) She is Anu's servant.
(b) Her charms will prevail over Enkidu with far more facility than force.
(c) Her loyalties are with Ishtar.
(d) She is in love with Ekidu.
3. At the Temple of Ishtar, the citizens of Uruk will finally do what?
(a) Pray to Ishtar.
(b) Ask Ishtar for guidance.
(c) Choose a bride for their king, Gilgamesh.
(d) Destroy the temple.
4. What does Sabitu do after he thanks her?
(a) She ignores him.
(b) She laughs at him.
(c) She shoves him out the door.
(d) She points him toward the Bitter River.
5. For how long does Enkidu sleep?
(a) Thirtten days.
(b) Twelve days.
(c) Fifteen days.
(d) Fourteen days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Enkidu refuse to do?
2. Looking up at the towering peaks, what does Gilgamesh wonder?
3. Why does the young priestess do this?
4. Watching the battle between Humbaba and the two friends, what happens to the goddess Ishtar?
5. What does Enkidu, along with three hundred armed warriors, do?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)