|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gilgamesh do to the beast?
(a) He throws a spear straight into its throat.
(b) He forgives it.
(c) He chops off its head.
(d) He breaks its wings.
2. What does Enkidu refuse to do?
(a) Forgive Gilgamesh.
(b) Give Gilgamesh to the citizens.
(c) Slay Gilgamesh, who is such a worthy opponent.
(d) Allow Gilgamesh to leave.
3. What does Gilgamesh know about Harim?
(a) She is Anu's servant.
(b) Her loyalties are with Ishtar.
(c) She is in love with Ekidu.
(d) Her charms will prevail over Enkidu with far more facility than force.
4. In his dream, what is Gilgamesh doing?
(a) Walking through the forest.
(b) Walking through the streets of Uruk.
(c) Eating dinner.
(d) Speaking to his people.
5. Who robs a young hunter's traps?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the god Shamash do to the sleeping Enkidu?
2. Of what does Gilgamesh remind her?
3. Why does the young priestess do this?
4. Of what does Chapter Nine mark the beginning?
5. At first, how does the wine maiden Sabitu feel about Gilgamesh?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)