|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sabitu say about what the King attempts?
(a) It is very brave.
(b) It is impossible.
(c) It is encouraging.
(d) It is surprising.
2. In what do Gilgamesh and Enkidu take part?
(a) A dance.
(b) A festival.
(c) Various contests and feats of strength.
(d) A feast.
3. What must Gilgamesh do for Ishtar?
(a) Visit the underworld.
(b) Marry her.
(c) Kill Enkidu.
(d) Kill another monster.
4. To what is this man compared?
(a) A father.
(b) A brother.
(c) A neighbor.
(d) An enemy.
5. Of what does Chapter Nine mark the beginning?
(a) The third episode of the epic of Enkidu.
(b) The second episode of the epic of Enkidu.
(c) The second episode of the epic of Gilgamesh.
(d) The third episode of the epic of Gilgamesh.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sabitu ask the King?
2. Of what is Anu god?
3. What ensues between these two men?
4. As he nears the Temple of Ishtar, what happens beside him?
5. What does Enkidu do when Gilgamesh gathers to him an arsenal of finely wrought weaponry and lays it before his Enkidu's feet?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)