|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the elders suggest that a man be created?
(a) To destroy Gilgamesh.
(b) To be Gilgamesh's companion.
(c) To scare Gilgamesh.
(d) To be Gilgamesh's brother.
2. What is the adventure the King proposes?
(a) Dragon hunting.
(b) Traveling to the underworld.
(c) Killing the monster Humbaba.
(d) A trip around the world.
3. Upon their arrival, what do they find the citizens doing?
(a) Complaining to the King about Ekidu's behavior.
(b) Going about their usual business.
(c) Already passing among themselves excited stories about Enkidu.
(d) Building the wall around the city.
4. What does Ishtar threaten to do If her father does not create the creature she requests?
(a) She will leave and never return.
(b) She will kill him.
(c) She will open the doors of the underworld to let the dead rise and outnumber the living.
(d) She will marry Gilgamesh.
5. What does this god ask Gilgamesh?
(a) Why he does not turn back.
(b) Where he has been.
(c) How he came to be here in the garden, so gaunt and disheveled.
(d) Why he has not found Enkidu.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ninsun ask her son to do?
2. At first, how does the wine maiden Sabitu feel about Gilgamesh?
3. Who is responsible for molding humans from inanimate clay?
4. Why do the hunter and his father head to the city?
5. What does the King attempt to do to the savage?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)