|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the young priestess do this?
(a) In order that he might meet Ishtar.
(b) In order that she might adorn herself for the upcoming ceremony.
(c) In order that Ishtar find favor in him.
(d) In order to be away from him.
2. The slightest touch of what waters causes immediate death?
(a) The Euphrates River.
(b) The Tiber River.
(c) The Bitter River.
(d) The Swift River.
3. Why is Enkidu enchanted by the young girl?
(a) She is the first woman he has ever seen.
(b) She is the first human he has ever seen.
(c) She reminds him of a gazelle.
(d) She is very beautiful.
4. Why does she feel this way about Gilgamesh?
(a) He has disturbed her peace.
(b) He has wild and unkempt looks.
(c) He is very handsome.
(d) He came upon her very quietly.
5. Upon their arrival, what do they find the citizens doing?
(a) Building the wall around the city.
(b) Complaining to the King about Ekidu's behavior.
(c) Going about their usual business.
(d) Already passing among themselves excited stories about Enkidu.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ishtar threaten to do If her father does not create the creature she requests?
2. What does Sabitu do after exiting her house?
3. Ninsun blesses her son and Enkidu and asks Enkidu to do what?
4. By whom is Gilgamesh welcomed?
5. Of what does Sabitu remind the King?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)