|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At first, how does the wine maiden Sabitu feel about Gilgamesh?
(a) She is surprised.
(b) She is frightened.
(c) She is excited.
(d) She is angry.
2. What happens at that moment?
(a) He awakes.
(b) He dies.
(c) He falls asleep.
(d) He calls for his mother.
3. What is done with the carcass of the beast?
(a) It is burned as an offering to the god Shamash.
(b) It is divided among the city's tradesmen.
(c) It is eaten by Gilgamesh and Enkidu.
(d) It is destroyed.
4. What is Gilgamesh's explanation?
(a) He lies about his travels.
(b) He tells her nothing.
(c) He tells her a part of the story.
(d) He tells the story of Enkidu's death and his terrible journey.
5. Looking up at the towering peaks, what does Gilgamesh wonder?
(a) Where Enkidu.
(b) If the gods live on the tops of the peaks.
(c) If he has truly reached the mountains, whose peaks touch the heavens, and whose foundations reach into the bowels of the earth.
(d) How he will make it to the top.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what do Gilgamesh and Enkidu take part?
2. What does Ninsun do at the temple?
3. What does the god Shamash do to the sleeping Enkidu?
4. What is a city of fine houses, magnificent temples, marketplaces, and groves of trees?
5. Ninsun blesses her son and Enkidu and asks Enkidu to do what?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)