|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the wild man find himself when sitting beside the young priestess?
(d) Utterly content.
2. What does Enkido do when Gilgamesh attempts to enter?
(a) He ignores him.
(b) He stabs him through with a sword.
(c) He allows him to enter.
(d) He blocks his path.
3. Why does Gilgamesh pour meal on the earth?
(a) To feed the birds.
(b) To grow crops.
(c) To protect their feet as they walk.
(d) To appease the gods.
4. Why does Gilgamesh believe he is invincible?
(a) He is two parts god and only one part man.
(b) He is a god.
(c) He is very smart.
(d) He is very strong.
5. How does Gilgamesh react to his mother's warning?
(a) He grows nervous.
(b) He cries.
(c) He laughs.
(d) He becomes angry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Seeing his bravery and his skill in battle, with whom does Ishtar fall in love?
2. What happens when Enkidu hurries to the Temple of Ishtar to look for Harim?
3. What is a city of fine houses, magnificent temples, marketplaces, and groves of trees?
4. What does Gilgamesh reason?
5. What does Ishtar ask her father Anu to create?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)