|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does Enkidu agree to take part in this adventure?
(b) At first.
2. According to Ishtar's wishes, what does the creature do?
(a) It floods the river.
(b) It blocks the sun from reaching the earth.
(c) It cuts a swathe of death and destruction through the streets of Uruk.
(d) It chases after Gilgamesh.
3. Who is responsible for molding humans from inanimate clay?
(d) The elders.
4. The slightest touch of what waters causes immediate death?
(a) The Tiber River.
(b) The Euphrates River.
(c) The Swift River.
(d) The Bitter River.
5. What does Enkidu do when Gilgamesh gathers to him an arsenal of finely wrought weaponry and lays it before his Enkidu's feet?
(a) He laughs at him.
(b) He becomes angry.
(c) He still turns away.
(d) He agrees to take part in the adventure.
Short Answer Questions
1. What should Gilgamesh not do?
2. How does the story of Gilgamesh begin?
3. What eclipses even the entry of the wild man?
4. Over whom does Anu hesitate to take the side of the common people?
5. For how long do the two companions grapple with the beast?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)