|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In three days, what have Gilgamesh and Enkidu done?
(a) They have completed the wall.
(b) They have reached the massive cedar gate that leads the way to Humbaba.
(c) They have returned to the forest.
(d) They ahve enjoyed days of festivities.
2. How does Gilgamesh react to his mother's warning?
(a) He becomes angry.
(b) He grows nervous.
(c) He laughs.
(d) He cries.
3. What do scribes do?
(a) They engrave the stories onto stone or press the letters into wet clay.
(b) They write stories of the men's adventures on papyrus.
(c) They tell the stories of the King and Enkidu on the walls of a tomb.
(d) They teach Enkidu how to write.
4. What does Gilgamesh know about Harim?
(a) Her loyalties are with Ishtar.
(b) Her charms will prevail over Enkidu with far more facility than force.
(c) She is Anu's servant.
(d) She is in love with Ekidu.
5. In his dream, what is Gilgamesh doing?
(a) Walking through the forest.
(b) Speaking to his people.
(c) Eating dinner.
(d) Walking through the streets of Uruk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens at that moment?
2. What does Enkidu do when Gilgamesh gathers to him an arsenal of finely wrought weaponry and lays it before his Enkidu's feet?
3. In what do Gilgamesh and Enkidu take part?
4. Why do the hunter and his father head to the city?
5. The slightest touch of what waters causes immediate death?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)