|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What must Gilgamesh do for Ishtar?
(a) Visit the underworld.
(b) Kill Enkidu.
(c) Marry her.
(d) Kill another monster.
2. For how long do the two companions grapple with the beast?
(a) A few moments.
(c) One hour.
(d) Thirty minutes.
3. Why do the hunter and his father head to the city?
(a) To find a god to help them.
(b) To report the matter to the King.
(c) To find someone to kill Enkidu.
(d) To complain about Gilgamesh's behavior.
4. Does Anu agree to Ishtar's request?
(b) Not initially.
(d) Yes, at first.
5. How does King Gilgamesh surprise his people, regarding this person?
(a) He does not offer to fight Enkidu himself.
(b) He will marry Ishtar.
(c) He plans to fight Aruru.
(d) He does not want to fight Anu alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ninsun blesses her son and Enkidu and asks Enkidu to do what?
2. Watching the battle between Humbaba and the two friends, what happens to the goddess Ishtar?
3. How does Enlil feel about Shamash's pity for mankind?
4. What does Ninsun possess?
5. What does Enkidu do when Gilgamesh gathers to him an arsenal of finely wrought weaponry and lays it before his Enkidu's feet?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)