|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Gilgamesh and Enkidu do when Ishtar calls the gods to battle against them?
(a) They ignore her and set off for Uruk.
(b) They plan to meet with the other gods.
(c) They plead with her to leave them alone.
(d) They laugh at her.
2. What is a city of fine houses, magnificent temples, marketplaces, and groves of trees?
3. What does Ishtar threaten to do If her father does not create the creature she requests?
(a) She will leave and never return.
(b) She will marry Gilgamesh.
(c) She will open the doors of the underworld to let the dead rise and outnumber the living.
(d) She will kill him.
4. What does the double-edged axe symbolize?
(a) A dangerous man.
(b) An intelligent man.
(c) A nervous man.
(d) A kind man.
5. What does the King attempt to do to the savage?
(a) Kill him.
(b) Ignore him.
(c) Hug him.
(d) Push him aside.
Short Answer Questions
1. In three days, what have Gilgamesh and Enkidu done?
2. How does the wild man find himself when sitting beside the young priestess?
3. Into what does Enkidu eventually force Gilgamesh?
4. What does Ninsun ask her son to do?
5. By whom is Gilgamesh welcomed?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)