|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ensues between these two men?
(a) A wrestling match.
(b) A minor disagreement.
(c) A conversation.
(d) A tremendous confrontation.
2. After Harim and Enkidu proceed to the temple, what does the young priestess do?
(a) She speaks to Ishtar.
(b) She brings him into the temple.
(c) She sends him in alone.
(d) She leaves Enkidu at the gate.
3. What is the young priestess's worry?
(a) Enkidu will betray her.
(b) Enkidu will become violent in town.
(c) Enkidu will be treated no better than a captive animal.
(d) Enkidu will be treated like a King.
4. What does Ishtar threaten to do If her father does not create the creature she requests?
(a) She will open the doors of the underworld to let the dead rise and outnumber the living.
(b) She will kill him.
(c) She will leave and never return.
(d) She will marry Gilgamesh.
5. For how long do the two companions grapple with the beast?
(a) Thirty minutes.
(b) A few moments.
(c) One hour.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gilgamesh know about Harim?
2. Over whom does Anu hesitate to take the side of the common people?
3. With the return of the two heroes, what happens in Uruk?
4. What is the greatest danger to this city?
5. What do singers do?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)