|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With the mothers robbed of their sons and the young girls of their lovers, what do the city elders decide to do?
(a) Complain to the gods.
(b) Complain to the other citizens.
(c) Complain to Anu.
(d) Complain to the King.
2. What eclipses even the entry of the wild man?
(a) The sun.
(b) A day of celebration.
(c) An attack by a neighboring city.
(d) An important event taking place in the city.
3. Ninsun blesses her son and Enkidu and asks Enkidu to do what?
(a) Kill Gilgamesh.
(b) Protect himself.
(c) Protect Gilgamesh.
(d) Allow Gilgamesh his freedom.
4. Why is Enkidu enchanted by the young girl?
(a) She is the first woman he has ever seen.
(b) She is very beautiful.
(c) She is the first human he has ever seen.
(d) She reminds him of a gazelle.
5. The people over which Gilgamesh rules as king possess what?
(a) Many possessions.
(b) A vast pantheon of gods.
(c) Magical powers.
(d) Only one god.
Short Answer Questions
1. With the return of the two heroes, what happens in Uruk?
2. What is done with the entrails?
3. Does Enkidu agree to take part in this adventure?
4. After Harim and Enkidu proceed to the temple, what does the young priestess do?
5. What do Gilgamesh and Enkidu do when Ishtar calls the gods to battle against them?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)