|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Upon their arrival, what do they find the citizens doing?
(a) Going about their usual business.
(b) Building the wall around the city.
(c) Already passing among themselves excited stories about Enkidu.
(d) Complaining to the King about Ekidu's behavior.
2. Who does Ishtar gather together?
(a) The citizens of Uruk.
(b) The royal family.
(c) Enkidu and Gilgamesh.
(d) All the gods from all parts of heaven.
3. How does the story of Gilgamesh begin?
(a) With an account of how Gilgamesh becomes King.
(b) With the story of Gilgamesh's birth.
(c) With an account of the geography of his world.
(d) With the story of how Gilgamesh gained immortality.
4. What does Ishtar ask her father Anu to create?
(a) A Horse of Heaven.
(b) A Lion of Heaven.
(c) A Bull of Heaven.
(d) A Bird of Heaven.
5. What does Enkidu do when Gilgamesh gathers to him an arsenal of finely wrought weaponry and lays it before his Enkidu's feet?
(a) He still turns away.
(b) He laughs at him.
(c) He becomes angry.
(d) He agrees to take part in the adventure.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gilgamesh do to the beast?
2. To what is this man compared?
3. What is a city of fine houses, magnificent temples, marketplaces, and groves of trees?
4. What is done with the carcass of the beast?
5. Why does Gilgamesh believe he is invincible?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)