|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the result of the King's request to continue building the walls higher and higher?
(a) Wealth is lost.
(b) Workers are exhausted.
(c) The King monopolizes the time of the men.
(d) A monster becomes angry.
2. What does Ishtar do after watching the two victors for a time as they bathe and rest?
(a) She leaves them alone.
(b) She admires them.
(c) She approaches Gilgamesh and threatens great punishment.
(d) She approaches Enkidu and threatens great punishment.
3. How does Gilgamesh react to his mother's warning?
(a) He becomes angry.
(b) He laughs.
(c) He cries.
(d) He grows nervous.
4. What do Gilgamesh and Enkidu do when Ishtar calls the gods to battle against them?
(a) They plead with her to leave them alone.
(b) They ignore her and set off for Uruk.
(c) They laugh at her.
(d) They plan to meet with the other gods.
5. How does Ishtar feel about the elders' plan?
(a) She agrees with it.
(b) She is unsure about it.
(c) She agrees with it at first.
(d) She disagrees with it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the girl do when she looks beyond the savagery of this man's appearance to the gentleness of his nature?
2. The people over which Gilgamesh rules as king possess what?
3. Why does Gilgamesh pour meal on the earth?
4. What happens as Harim leads Enkidu into Uruk?
5. Does Enkidu agree to take part in this adventure?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)