|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the greatest danger to this city?
(c) The monster Humbaba.
(d) The god Anu.
2. Why does the young priestess do this?
(a) In order that Ishtar find favor in him.
(b) In order that she might adorn herself for the upcoming ceremony.
(c) In order that he might meet Ishtar.
(d) In order to be away from him.
3. What does Gilgamesh know about Harim?
(a) She is in love with Ekidu.
(b) Her loyalties are with Ishtar.
(c) Her charms will prevail over Enkidu with far more facility than force.
(d) She is Anu's servant.
4. What is the result of the King's request to continue building the walls higher and higher?
(a) Workers are exhausted.
(b) Wealth is lost.
(c) A monster becomes angry.
(d) The King monopolizes the time of the men.
5. Into what does Enkidu eventually force Gilgamesh?
(a) A closet.
(b) A position of vulnerability.
(c) A room.
(d) A puddle of mud.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is this dream, according to Gilgamesh's mother?
2. What does Ishtar do after watching the two victors for a time as they bathe and rest?
3. What do Gilgamesh and Enkidu grow to be?
4. With the return of the two heroes, what happens in Uruk?
5. What happens when Enkidu hurries to the Temple of Ishtar to look for Harim?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)