|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is responsible for molding humans from inanimate clay?
(d) The elders.
2. What does Ninsun ask her son to do?
(a) Leave her alone.
(b) Look for Enkidu.
(d) Describe the dream.
3. Does Gilgamesh agree to this?
(a) At first.
4. In three days, what have Gilgamesh and Enkidu done?
(a) They have returned to the forest.
(b) They have reached the massive cedar gate that leads the way to Humbaba.
(c) They ahve enjoyed days of festivities.
(d) They have completed the wall.
5. Upon their arrival, what do they find the citizens doing?
(a) Going about their usual business.
(b) Complaining to the King about Ekidu's behavior.
(c) Building the wall around the city.
(d) Already passing among themselves excited stories about Enkidu.
Short Answer Questions
1. By whom is Gilgamesh welcomed?
2. Why do the elders suggest that a man be created?
3. Watching the battle between Humbaba and the two friends, what happens to the goddess Ishtar?
4. What does the double-edged axe symbolize?
5. What does Enkido do when Gilgamesh attempts to enter?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)