|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the man respond to the girl?
(a) He gives her a confused stare.
(b) He says hello in return.
(c) He waves to her.
(d) He leaves.
2. How does the story of Gilgamesh begin?
(a) With the story of how Gilgamesh gained immortality.
(b) With an account of how Gilgamesh becomes King.
(c) With an account of the geography of his world.
(d) With the story of Gilgamesh's birth.
3. What must Gilgamesh do for Ishtar?
(a) Kill another monster.
(b) Visit the underworld.
(c) Kill Enkidu.
(d) Marry her.
4. What does Enkidu do when Gilgamesh gathers to him an arsenal of finely wrought weaponry and lays it before his Enkidu's feet?
(a) He becomes angry.
(b) He still turns away.
(c) He laughs at him.
(d) He agrees to take part in the adventure.
5. What happens at that moment?
(a) He dies.
(b) He falls asleep.
(c) He calls for his mother.
(d) He awakes.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what do Gilgamesh and Enkidu take part?
2. What does the double-edged axe symbolize?
3. By whom is Gilgamesh welcomed?
4. At the Temple of Ishtar, the citizens of Uruk will finally do what?
5. What does Ishtar do after watching the two victors for a time as they bathe and rest?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)