|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Over whom does Anu hesitate to take the side of the common people?
(a) The King.
(b) The other gods.
(c) The elders.
2. To what is this man compared?
(a) A brother.
(b) A father.
(c) An enemy.
(d) A neighbor.
3. Why is Enkidu enchanted by the young girl?
(a) She reminds him of a gazelle.
(b) She is very beautiful.
(c) She is the first woman he has ever seen.
(d) She is the first human he has ever seen.
4. Upon their arrival, what do they find the citizens doing?
(a) Building the wall around the city.
(b) Complaining to the King about Ekidu's behavior.
(c) Going about their usual business.
(d) Already passing among themselves excited stories about Enkidu.
5. How does Gilgamesh react to his mother's warning?
(a) He laughs.
(b) He grows nervous.
(c) He cries.
(d) He becomes angry.
Short Answer Questions
1. With the return of the two heroes, what happens in Uruk?
2. After Harim and Enkidu proceed to the temple, what does the young priestess do?
3. What is a city of fine houses, magnificent temples, marketplaces, and groves of trees?
4. Watching the battle between Humbaba and the two friends, what happens to the goddess Ishtar?
5. Why do the elders suggest that a man be created?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)