|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the greatest danger to this city?
(b) The god Anu.
(d) The monster Humbaba.
2. What should Gilgamesh not do?
(a) Be near Endiku.
(b) Speak to Ishtar.
(c) Walk the streets or approach the Temple of Ishtar.
(d) Leave his home.
3. What does Enkidu refuse to do?
(a) Give Gilgamesh to the citizens.
(b) Forgive Gilgamesh.
(c) Allow Gilgamesh to leave.
(d) Slay Gilgamesh, who is such a worthy opponent.
4. How does King Gilgamesh surprise his people, regarding this person?
(a) He will marry Ishtar.
(b) He plans to fight Aruru.
(c) He does not want to fight Anu alone.
(d) He does not offer to fight Enkidu himself.
5. As he nears the Temple of Ishtar, what happens beside him?
(a) A double-sided axe slices by and buries itself in the pavement .
(b) Ishtar joins him on his walk.
(c) The earth collapses.
(d) Endiku appears.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does Enkidu agree to take part in this adventure?
2. When Harim enters the forest, by what is she charmed?
3. In what do Gilgamesh and Enkidu take part?
4. What does the girl do when she looks beyond the savagery of this man's appearance to the gentleness of his nature?
5. Watching the battle between Humbaba and the two friends, what happens to the goddess Ishtar?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)