|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the double-edged axe symbolize?
(a) An intelligent man.
(b) A kind man.
(c) A dangerous man.
(d) A nervous man.
2. With the return of the two heroes, what happens in Uruk?
(a) An earthquake.
(b) Work on the wall continues.
(c) A holiday is declared.
(d) The gods arrive.
3. What is the young priestess's worry?
(a) Enkidu will betray her.
(b) Enkidu will be treated like a King.
(c) Enkidu will be treated no better than a captive animal.
(d) Enkidu will become violent in town.
4. Where does the anticipated battle between the King and the savage take place?
(a) At the gate into the city.
(b) At the temple.
(c) At the King's palace.
(d) In the forest.
5. Why is Enkidu enchanted by the young girl?
(a) She is the first woman he has ever seen.
(b) She is very beautiful.
(c) She is the first human he has ever seen.
(d) She reminds him of a gazelle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Over whom does Anu hesitate to take the side of the common people?
2. What does Enkidu resolve to do?
3. What is this dream, according to Gilgamesh's mother?
4. How does the story of Gilgamesh begin?
5. What happens when Enkidu hurries to the Temple of Ishtar to look for Harim?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)