|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Gilgamesh pour meal on the earth?
(a) To grow crops.
(b) To feed the birds.
(c) To protect their feet as they walk.
(d) To appease the gods.
2. Upon their arrival, what do they find the citizens doing?
(a) Already passing among themselves excited stories about Enkidu.
(b) Complaining to the King about Ekidu's behavior.
(c) Building the wall around the city.
(d) Going about their usual business.
3. How does the young girl feel when she sees the man?
(a) She is irritated.
(b) She is unsure.
(c) She is terrified.
(d) She is excited.
4. What happens at that moment?
(a) He calls for his mother.
(b) He dies.
(c) He awakes.
(d) He falls asleep.
5. What does Ninsun possess?
(a) A great deal of knowledge.
(b) The ability to soothe those who are distraught.
(c) The gifts of prophecy and the interpretation of dreams.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the King attempt to do to the savage?
2. Why is Enkidu enchanted by the young girl?
3. To what is this man compared?
4. Why does the young priestess do this?
5. What does the double-edged axe symbolize?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)