|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Enkidu hurries to the Temple of Ishtar to look for Harim?
(a) He finds her praying to Ishtar.
(b) He finds her crying.
(c) He finds the courtyard empty and the gates locked.
(d) He finds her with another man.
2. After Harim and Enkidu proceed to the temple, what does the young priestess do?
(a) She brings him into the temple.
(b) She speaks to Ishtar.
(c) She leaves Enkidu at the gate.
(d) She sends him in alone.
3. What is the adventure the King proposes?
(a) Killing the monster Humbaba.
(b) A trip around the world.
(c) Traveling to the underworld.
(d) Dragon hunting.
4. What does Ishtar do after watching the two victors for a time as they bathe and rest?
(a) She approaches Gilgamesh and threatens great punishment.
(b) She leaves them alone.
(c) She approaches Enkidu and threatens great punishment.
(d) She admires them.
5. Into what does Enkidu eventually force Gilgamesh?
(a) A room.
(b) A closet.
(c) A position of vulnerability.
(d) A puddle of mud.
Short Answer Questions
1. By whom is Gilgamesh welcomed?
2. What do the elders request of Enkidu?
3. Does Gilgamesh agree to this?
4. What does Gilgamesh know about Harim?
5. Why do the hunter and his father head to the city?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)