|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the Temple of Ishtar, the citizens of Uruk will finally do what?
(a) Destroy the temple.
(b) Choose a bride for their king, Gilgamesh.
(c) Ask Ishtar for guidance.
(d) Pray to Ishtar.
2. How does the story of Gilgamesh begin?
(a) With the story of how Gilgamesh gained immortality.
(b) With an account of the geography of his world.
(c) With an account of how Gilgamesh becomes King.
(d) With the story of Gilgamesh's birth.
3. Of what is Anu god?
(a) The sea.
(b) The earth.
(d) The skies.
4. In his dream, what is Gilgamesh doing?
(a) Speaking to his people.
(b) Walking through the streets of Uruk.
(c) Walking through the forest.
(d) Eating dinner.
5. As he nears the Temple of Ishtar, what happens beside him?
(a) Endiku appears.
(b) A double-sided axe slices by and buries itself in the pavement .
(c) Ishtar joins him on his walk.
(d) The earth collapses.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the young priestess do this?
2. Where does the anticipated battle between the King and the savage take place?
3. What eclipses even the entry of the wild man?
4. What is the greatest danger to this city?
5. Why do the hunter and his father head to the city?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)