|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the double-edged axe symbolize?
(a) A dangerous man.
(b) An intelligent man.
(c) A kind man.
(d) A nervous man.
2. What does the girl do when she looks beyond the savagery of this man's appearance to the gentleness of his nature?
(a) She leaves the forest.
(b) She says hello.
(c) She smiles at him.
(d) She goes to Enkidu.
3. How does the wild man find himself when sitting beside the young priestess?
(c) Utterly content.
4. Of what is Anu god?
(a) The skies.
(c) The earth.
(d) The sea.
5. After Harim and Enkidu proceed to the temple, what does the young priestess do?
(a) She sends him in alone.
(b) She leaves Enkidu at the gate.
(c) She speaks to Ishtar.
(d) She brings him into the temple.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gilgamesh do when he has a disturbing dream?
2. What is a city of fine houses, magnificent temples, marketplaces, and groves of trees?
3. Why do the elders suggest that a man be created?
4. Why do the hunter and his father head to the city?
5. How does the man respond to the girl?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)