|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gilgamesh do when he has a disturbing dream?
(a) He searches for Enkidu.
(b) He interprets it himself.
(c) He ignores it.
(d) He goes immediately to his mother.
2. How does King Gilgamesh surprise his people, regarding this person?
(a) He does not want to fight Anu alone.
(b) He does not offer to fight Enkidu himself.
(c) He will marry Ishtar.
(d) He plans to fight Aruru.
3. What does the double-edged axe symbolize?
(a) A kind man.
(b) An intelligent man.
(c) A dangerous man.
(d) A nervous man.
4. Why do the elders suggest that a man be created?
(a) To be Gilgamesh's companion.
(b) To destroy Gilgamesh.
(c) To scare Gilgamesh.
(d) To be Gilgamesh's brother.
5. Why do the hunter and his father head to the city?
(a) To find someone to kill Enkidu.
(b) To report the matter to the King.
(c) To complain about Gilgamesh's behavior.
(d) To find a god to help them.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the wild man find himself when sitting beside the young priestess?
2. To what is this man compared?
3. Over whom does Anu hesitate to take the side of the common people?
4. As he nears the Temple of Ishtar, what happens beside him?
5. What does Enkidu refuse to do?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)