|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Enkidu refuse to do?
(a) Give Gilgamesh to the citizens.
(b) Forgive Gilgamesh.
(c) Slay Gilgamesh, who is such a worthy opponent.
(d) Allow Gilgamesh to leave.
2. What does Gilgamesh know about Harim?
(a) She is in love with Ekidu.
(b) She is Anu's servant.
(c) Her charms will prevail over Enkidu with far more facility than force.
(d) Her loyalties are with Ishtar.
3. Why does the young priestess do this?
(a) In order that he might meet Ishtar.
(b) In order that she might adorn herself for the upcoming ceremony.
(c) In order to be away from him.
(d) In order that Ishtar find favor in him.
4. What eclipses even the entry of the wild man?
(a) The sun.
(b) An attack by a neighboring city.
(c) An important event taking place in the city.
(d) A day of celebration.
5. To what is this man compared?
(a) A neighbor.
(b) An enemy.
(c) A father.
(d) A brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the girl do when she looks beyond the savagery of this man's appearance to the gentleness of his nature?
2. What does Enkido do when Gilgamesh attempts to enter?
3. What does the King attempt to do to the savage?
4. How does Gilgamesh react to his mother's warning?
5. What is this dream, according to Gilgamesh's mother?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)