|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the anticipated battle between the King and the savage take place?
(a) At the King's palace.
(b) At the gate into the city.
(c) In the forest.
(d) At the temple.
2. Why is Enkidu enchanted by the young girl?
(a) She is the first woman he has ever seen.
(b) She reminds him of a gazelle.
(c) She is very beautiful.
(d) She is the first human he has ever seen.
3. To what is this man compared?
(a) A brother.
(b) A father.
(c) An enemy.
(d) A neighbor.
4. The people over which Gilgamesh rules as king possess what?
(a) A vast pantheon of gods.
(b) Only one god.
(c) Magical powers.
(d) Many possessions.
5. What is a city of fine houses, magnificent temples, marketplaces, and groves of trees?
Short Answer Questions
1. Over whom does Anu hesitate to take the side of the common people?
2. With the mothers robbed of their sons and the young girls of their lovers, what do the city elders decide to do?
3. What is this dream, according to Gilgamesh's mother?
4. At the Temple of Ishtar, the citizens of Uruk will finally do what?
5. What does Enkidu refuse to do?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)