|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Over whom does Anu hesitate to take the side of the common people?
(a) The King.
(c) The other gods.
(d) The elders.
2. How do the citizens feel about Enkido's behavior?
3. Into what does Enkidu eventually force Gilgamesh?
(a) A puddle of mud.
(b) A position of vulnerability.
(c) A room.
(d) A closet.
4. How does the young girl feel when she sees the man?
(a) She is terrified.
(b) She is unsure.
(c) She is irritated.
(d) She is excited.
5. How does King Gilgamesh surprise his people, regarding this person?
(a) He will marry Ishtar.
(b) He plans to fight Aruru.
(c) He does not want to fight Anu alone.
(d) He does not offer to fight Enkidu himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the double-edged axe symbolize?
2. What does Enkidu refuse to do?
3. Upon their arrival, what do they find the citizens doing?
4. The slightest touch of what waters causes immediate death?
5. What eclipses even the entry of the wild man?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)