|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the girl do when she looks beyond the savagery of this man's appearance to the gentleness of his nature?
(a) She goes to Enkidu.
(b) She says hello.
(c) She leaves the forest.
(d) She smiles at him.
2. Into what does Enkidu eventually force Gilgamesh?
(a) A position of vulnerability.
(b) A puddle of mud.
(c) A closet.
(d) A room.
3. How does King Gilgamesh surprise his people, regarding this person?
(a) He plans to fight Aruru.
(b) He does not offer to fight Enkidu himself.
(c) He will marry Ishtar.
(d) He does not want to fight Anu alone.
4. How does Ishtar feel about the elders' plan?
(a) She is unsure about it.
(b) She agrees with it at first.
(c) She agrees with it.
(d) She disagrees with it.
5. What eclipses even the entry of the wild man?
(a) A day of celebration.
(b) The sun.
(c) An attack by a neighboring city.
(d) An important event taking place in the city.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the wild man find himself when sitting beside the young priestess?
2. With the mothers robbed of their sons and the young girls of their lovers, what do the city elders decide to do?
3. What does the King attempt to do to the savage?
4. Why do the hunter and his father head to the city?
5. How does the young girl feel when she sees the man?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)