|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Harim and Enkidu proceed to the temple, what does the young priestess do?
(a) She sends him in alone.
(b) She speaks to Ishtar.
(c) She leaves Enkidu at the gate.
(d) She brings him into the temple.
2. As he nears the Temple of Ishtar, what happens beside him?
(a) The earth collapses.
(b) Endiku appears.
(c) Ishtar joins him on his walk.
(d) A double-sided axe slices by and buries itself in the pavement .
3. Why does the young priestess do this?
(a) In order that Ishtar find favor in him.
(b) In order that he might meet Ishtar.
(c) In order that she might adorn herself for the upcoming ceremony.
(d) In order to be away from him.
4. In his dream, what is Gilgamesh doing?
(a) Eating dinner.
(b) Walking through the streets of Uruk.
(c) Walking through the forest.
(d) Speaking to his people.
5. The people over which Gilgamesh rules as king possess what?
(a) Only one god.
(b) A vast pantheon of gods.
(c) Many possessions.
(d) Magical powers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens as Harim leads Enkidu into Uruk?
2. Into what does Enkidu eventually force Gilgamesh?
3. How does Ishtar feel about the elders' plan?
4. What does the girl do when she looks beyond the savagery of this man's appearance to the gentleness of his nature?
5. What is a city of fine houses, magnificent temples, marketplaces, and groves of trees?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)