|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Enkidu refuse to do?
(a) Slay Gilgamesh, who is such a worthy opponent.
(b) Give Gilgamesh to the citizens.
(c) Forgive Gilgamesh.
(d) Allow Gilgamesh to leave.
2. At the Temple of Ishtar, the citizens of Uruk will finally do what?
(a) Destroy the temple.
(b) Choose a bride for their king, Gilgamesh.
(c) Ask Ishtar for guidance.
(d) Pray to Ishtar.
3. What is the result of the King's request to continue building the walls higher and higher?
(a) Wealth is lost.
(b) The King monopolizes the time of the men.
(c) Workers are exhausted.
(d) A monster becomes angry.
4. What ensues between these two men?
(a) A minor disagreement.
(b) A wrestling match.
(c) A tremendous confrontation.
(d) A conversation.
5. Why is Enkidu enchanted by the young girl?
(a) She is very beautiful.
(b) She is the first human he has ever seen.
(c) She is the first woman he has ever seen.
(d) She reminds him of a gazelle.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what is this man compared?
2. What does Ninsun possess?
3. How does the man respond to the girl?
4. As he nears the Temple of Ishtar, what happens beside him?
5. What does the King attempt to do to the savage?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)