|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the girl do when she looks beyond the savagery of this man's appearance to the gentleness of his nature?
(a) She leaves the forest.
(b) She says hello.
(c) She smiles at him.
(d) She goes to Enkidu.
2. What happens at that moment?
(a) He falls asleep.
(b) He calls for his mother.
(c) He awakes.
(d) He dies.
3. What does Enkidu refuse to do?
(a) Forgive Gilgamesh.
(b) Allow Gilgamesh to leave.
(c) Give Gilgamesh to the citizens.
(d) Slay Gilgamesh, who is such a worthy opponent.
4. As he nears the Temple of Ishtar, what happens beside him?
(a) Ishtar joins him on his walk.
(b) The earth collapses.
(c) A double-sided axe slices by and buries itself in the pavement .
(d) Endiku appears.
5. What does Gilgamesh do when he has a disturbing dream?
(a) He interprets it himself.
(b) He goes immediately to his mother.
(c) He ignores it.
(d) He searches for Enkidu.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the result of the King's request to continue building the walls higher and higher?
2. What should Gilgamesh not do?
3. What happens as Harim leads Enkidu into Uruk?
4. What does the double-edged axe symbolize?
5. After Harim and Enkidu proceed to the temple, what does the young priestess do?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)