|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Gilgamesh believe he is invincible?
(a) He is a god.
(b) He is two parts god and only one part man.
(c) He is very smart.
(d) He is very strong.
2. Why do the elders suggest that a man be created?
(a) To scare Gilgamesh.
(b) To destroy Gilgamesh.
(c) To be Gilgamesh's brother.
(d) To be Gilgamesh's companion.
3. How do the citizens feel about Enkido's behavior?
4. What happens at that moment?
(a) He falls asleep.
(b) He calls for his mother.
(c) He awakes.
(d) He dies.
5. How does King Gilgamesh surprise his people, regarding this person?
(a) He does not want to fight Anu alone.
(b) He will marry Ishtar.
(c) He does not offer to fight Enkidu himself.
(d) He plans to fight Aruru.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Enkidu enchanted by the young girl?
2. Over whom does Anu hesitate to take the side of the common people?
3. What does the girl do when she looks beyond the savagery of this man's appearance to the gentleness of his nature?
4. How does the man respond to the girl?
5. How does Ishtar feel about the elders' plan?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)