|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gilgamesh know about Harim?
(a) She is Anu's servant.
(b) Her loyalties are with Ishtar.
(c) Her charms will prevail over Enkidu with far more facility than force.
(d) She is in love with Ekidu.
2. What should Gilgamesh not do?
(a) Walk the streets or approach the Temple of Ishtar.
(b) Speak to Ishtar.
(c) Leave his home.
(d) Be near Endiku.
3. What is this dream, according to Gilgamesh's mother?
(a) A sign of what good is to come.
(b) An evil portent.
(c) Caused by the large meal he had the night before.
(d) Just a dream.
4. How does King Gilgamesh surprise his people, regarding this person?
(a) He will marry Ishtar.
(b) He does not offer to fight Enkidu himself.
(c) He does not want to fight Anu alone.
(d) He plans to fight Aruru.
5. Over whom does Anu hesitate to take the side of the common people?
(b) The other gods.
(c) The elders.
(d) The King.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the wild man find himself when sitting beside the young priestess?
2. Why do the hunter and his father head to the city?
3. What does Ninsun possess?
4. As he nears the Temple of Ishtar, what happens beside him?
5. How does Gilgamesh react to his mother's warning?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)