|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the hunter and his father head to the city?
(a) To find a god to help them.
(b) To complain about Gilgamesh's behavior.
(c) To find someone to kill Enkidu.
(d) To report the matter to the King.
2. What is the young priestess's worry?
(a) Enkidu will be treated like a King.
(b) Enkidu will become violent in town.
(c) Enkidu will betray her.
(d) Enkidu will be treated no better than a captive animal.
3. What is the result of the King's request to continue building the walls higher and higher?
(a) Wealth is lost.
(b) A monster becomes angry.
(c) Workers are exhausted.
(d) The King monopolizes the time of the men.
4. What is a city of fine houses, magnificent temples, marketplaces, and groves of trees?
5. What should Gilgamesh not do?
(a) Speak to Ishtar.
(b) Walk the streets or approach the Temple of Ishtar.
(c) Leave his home.
(d) Be near Endiku.
Short Answer Questions
1. The people over which Gilgamesh rules as king possess what?
2. What does Gilgamesh know about Harim?
3. To what is this man compared?
4. How does the young girl feel when she sees the man?
5. How does the story of Gilgamesh begin?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)