|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Enkidu enchanted by the young girl?
(a) She is the first woman he has ever seen.
(b) She is very beautiful.
(c) She is the first human he has ever seen.
(d) She reminds him of a gazelle.
2. The people over which Gilgamesh rules as king possess what?
(a) Many possessions.
(b) A vast pantheon of gods.
(c) Only one god.
(d) Magical powers.
3. What does the double-edged axe symbolize?
(a) An intelligent man.
(b) A dangerous man.
(c) A nervous man.
(d) A kind man.
4. Who is responsible for molding humans from inanimate clay?
(a) The elders.
5. Why do the hunter and his father head to the city?
(a) To complain about Gilgamesh's behavior.
(b) To find a god to help them.
(c) To find someone to kill Enkidu.
(d) To report the matter to the King.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what is Anu god?
2. What should Gilgamesh not do?
3. Why do the elders suggest that a man be created?
4. With the mothers robbed of their sons and the young girls of their lovers, what do the city elders decide to do?
5. What does Gilgamesh know about Harim?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)