|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gilgamesh know about Harim?
(a) Her loyalties are with Ishtar.
(b) Her charms will prevail over Enkidu with far more facility than force.
(c) She is in love with Ekidu.
(d) She is Anu's servant.
2. Why does Gilgamesh believe he is invincible?
(a) He is a god.
(b) He is two parts god and only one part man.
(c) He is very strong.
(d) He is very smart.
3. What does the double-edged axe symbolize?
(a) A dangerous man.
(b) A nervous man.
(c) A kind man.
(d) An intelligent man.
4. What does Gilgamesh do when he has a disturbing dream?
(a) He interprets it himself.
(b) He ignores it.
(c) He goes immediately to his mother.
(d) He searches for Enkidu.
5. How does the story of Gilgamesh begin?
(a) With an account of how Gilgamesh becomes King.
(b) With the story of Gilgamesh's birth.
(c) With the story of how Gilgamesh gained immortality.
(d) With an account of the geography of his world.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Harim enters the forest, by what is she charmed?
2. In his dream, what is Gilgamesh doing?
3. With the mothers robbed of their sons and the young girls of their lovers, what do the city elders decide to do?
4. What does Ninsun ask her son to do?
5. What happens at that moment?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)