|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what is this man compared?
(a) An enemy.
(b) A neighbor.
(c) A brother.
(d) A father.
2. Who is responsible for molding humans from inanimate clay?
(c) The elders.
3. The slightest touch of what waters causes immediate death?
(a) The Tiber River.
(b) The Swift River.
(c) The Euphrates River.
(d) The Bitter River.
4. As he nears the Temple of Ishtar, what happens beside him?
(a) Ishtar joins him on his walk.
(b) Endiku appears.
(c) A double-sided axe slices by and buries itself in the pavement .
(d) The earth collapses.
5. What is the young priestess's worry?
(a) Enkidu will become violent in town.
(b) Enkidu will be treated no better than a captive animal.
(c) Enkidu will betray her.
(d) Enkidu will be treated like a King.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does King Gilgamesh surprise his people, regarding this person?
2. With the mothers robbed of their sons and the young girls of their lovers, what do the city elders decide to do?
3. How does Gilgamesh react to his mother's warning?
4. Over whom does Anu hesitate to take the side of the common people?
5. Who robs a young hunter's traps?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)