|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Over whom does Anu hesitate to take the side of the common people?
(a) The other gods.
(b) The King.
(c) The elders.
2. What is this dream, according to Gilgamesh's mother?
(a) Just a dream.
(b) A sign of what good is to come.
(c) An evil portent.
(d) Caused by the large meal he had the night before.
3. What does Ninsun possess?
(a) A great deal of knowledge.
(b) The gifts of prophecy and the interpretation of dreams.
(d) The ability to soothe those who are distraught.
4. With the mothers robbed of their sons and the young girls of their lovers, what do the city elders decide to do?
(a) Complain to the other citizens.
(b) Complain to the King.
(c) Complain to Anu.
(d) Complain to the gods.
5. Why do the hunter and his father head to the city?
(a) To find someone to kill Enkidu.
(b) To complain about Gilgamesh's behavior.
(c) To find a god to help them.
(d) To report the matter to the King.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the young priestess's worry?
2. How does the man respond to the girl?
3. In his dream, what is Gilgamesh doing?
4. Who is responsible for molding humans from inanimate clay?
5. The people over which Gilgamesh rules as king possess what?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)