|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ninsun ask her son to do?
(a) Describe the dream.
(c) Leave her alone.
(d) Look for Enkidu.
2. What does Gilgamesh know about Harim?
(a) She is Anu's servant.
(b) Her charms will prevail over Enkidu with far more facility than force.
(c) She is in love with Ekidu.
(d) Her loyalties are with Ishtar.
3. How does the young girl feel when she sees the man?
(a) She is irritated.
(b) She is excited.
(c) She is terrified.
(d) She is unsure.
4. Upon their arrival, what do they find the citizens doing?
(a) Complaining to the King about Ekidu's behavior.
(b) Already passing among themselves excited stories about Enkidu.
(c) Going about their usual business.
(d) Building the wall around the city.
5. What is the young priestess's worry?
(a) Enkidu will be treated like a King.
(b) Enkidu will become violent in town.
(c) Enkidu will be treated no better than a captive animal.
(d) Enkidu will betray her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Gilgamesh believe he is invincible?
2. In his dream, what is Gilgamesh doing?
3. To what is this man compared?
4. Over whom does Anu hesitate to take the side of the common people?
5. What does the girl do when she looks beyond the savagery of this man's appearance to the gentleness of his nature?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)