|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gilgamesh do when he has a disturbing dream?
(a) He goes immediately to his mother.
(b) He interprets it himself.
(c) He ignores it.
(d) He searches for Enkidu.
2. As he nears the Temple of Ishtar, what happens beside him?
(a) The earth collapses.
(b) Endiku appears.
(c) Ishtar joins him on his walk.
(d) A double-sided axe slices by and buries itself in the pavement .
3. What happens at that moment?
(a) He dies.
(b) He awakes.
(c) He falls asleep.
(d) He calls for his mother.
4. What is the result of the King's request to continue building the walls higher and higher?
(a) Wealth is lost.
(b) A monster becomes angry.
(c) The King monopolizes the time of the men.
(d) Workers are exhausted.
5. What is the young priestess's worry?
(a) Enkidu will betray her.
(b) Enkidu will be treated like a King.
(c) Enkidu will become violent in town.
(d) Enkidu will be treated no better than a captive animal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Upon their arrival, what do they find the citizens doing?
2. Why do the elders suggest that a man be created?
3. Who robs a young hunter's traps?
4. Why is Enkidu enchanted by the young girl?
5. Who is responsible for molding humans from inanimate clay?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)