|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the girl do when she looks beyond the savagery of this man's appearance to the gentleness of his nature?
(a) She leaves the forest.
(b) She smiles at him.
(c) She goes to Enkidu.
(d) She says hello.
2. To what is this man compared?
(a) A brother.
(b) An enemy.
(c) A father.
(d) A neighbor.
3. Why is Enkidu enchanted by the young girl?
(a) She is the first woman he has ever seen.
(b) She is the first human he has ever seen.
(c) She is very beautiful.
(d) She reminds him of a gazelle.
4. With the mothers robbed of their sons and the young girls of their lovers, what do the city elders decide to do?
(a) Complain to Anu.
(b) Complain to the gods.
(c) Complain to the King.
(d) Complain to the other citizens.
5. Why does Gilgamesh believe he is invincible?
(a) He is very smart.
(b) He is two parts god and only one part man.
(c) He is very strong.
(d) He is a god.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the double-edged axe symbolize?
2. What does Gilgamesh know about Harim?
3. What happens at that moment?
4. What is a city of fine houses, magnificent temples, marketplaces, and groves of trees?
5. Upon their arrival, what do they find the citizens doing?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)