|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Over whom does Anu hesitate to take the side of the common people?
(a) The elders.
(c) The King.
(d) The other gods.
2. What does Ninsun possess?
(a) The gifts of prophecy and the interpretation of dreams.
(c) The ability to soothe those who are distraught.
(d) A great deal of knowledge.
3. What does Gilgamesh know about Harim?
(a) She is Anu's servant.
(b) Her loyalties are with Ishtar.
(c) She is in love with Ekidu.
(d) Her charms will prevail over Enkidu with far more facility than force.
4. Why do the hunter and his father head to the city?
(a) To find a god to help them.
(b) To find someone to kill Enkidu.
(c) To report the matter to the King.
(d) To complain about Gilgamesh's behavior.
5. With the mothers robbed of their sons and the young girls of their lovers, what do the city elders decide to do?
(a) Complain to the other citizens.
(b) Complain to Anu.
(c) Complain to the King.
(d) Complain to the gods.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is responsible for molding humans from inanimate clay?
2. When Harim enters the forest, by what is she charmed?
3. In his dream, what is Gilgamesh doing?
4. To what is this man compared?
5. What does Gilgamesh do when he has a disturbing dream?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)