|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What eclipses even the entry of the wild man?
(a) The sun.
(b) An important event taking place in the city.
(c) A day of celebration.
(d) An attack by a neighboring city.
2. How does the man respond to the girl?
(a) He waves to her.
(b) He says hello in return.
(c) He gives her a confused stare.
(d) He leaves.
3. What happens after eleven days and nights of this leg of Gilgamesh's journey?
(a) He sees Anu.
(b) He see a trace of light.
(c) He is in complete darkness.
(d) He meets Enkidu.
4. Why does Gilgamesh lift a stone and throw it down onto the boat?
(a) He hopes to wake the boatman.
(b) He is afraid of the boatman.
(c) He is unable to control his impatient anger.
(d) He does not know what to do.
5. After Gilgamesh tells his story, how does Utnapishtim answer?
(a) He laughs at him.
(b) In much the same way Gilgamesh has been answered all along.
(c) In a very different way from the others.
(d) He does not answer him.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Utnapishtim was mortal, what job did he have?,
2. What is the young priestess's worry?
3. What does the god Shamash do to the sleeping Enkidu?
4. Where are Ishtar and her priestesses in Enkidu's dream?
5. At the Temple of Ishtar, the citizens of Uruk will finally do what?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)