|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sabitu do after he thanks her?
(a) She ignores him.
(b) She shoves him out the door.
(c) She laughs at him.
(d) She points him toward the Bitter River.
2. Why does Gilgamesh lift a stone and throw it down onto the boat?
(a) He is afraid of the boatman.
(b) He is unable to control his impatient anger.
(c) He does not know what to do.
(d) He hopes to wake the boatman.
3. What is Gilgamesh's explanation?
(a) He lies about his travels.
(b) He tells the story of Enkidu's death and his terrible journey.
(c) He tells her a part of the story.
(d) He tells her nothing.
4. Does Anu agree to Ishtar's request?
(b) Yes, at first.
(c) Not initially.
5. What does Enkidu, along with three hundred armed warriors, do?
(a) He begs for Gilgamesh's help in killing the beast.
(b) He protects the creature.
(c) He chases the creature from the city.
(d) He comes out to meet the beast.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the wild man find himself when sitting beside the young priestess?
2. Can one become immortal by feats of daring alone?
3. What does the god Shamash do to the sleeping Enkidu?
4. Why does the dove that is released return?
5. According to Ishtar's wishes, what does the creature do?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)