|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the double-edged axe symbolize?
(a) A kind man.
(b) An intelligent man.
(c) A nervous man.
(d) A dangerous man.
2. After Harim and Enkidu proceed to the temple, what does the young priestess do?
(a) She leaves Enkidu at the gate.
(b) She brings him into the temple.
(c) She speaks to Ishtar.
(d) She sends him in alone.
3. What eclipses even the entry of the wild man?
(a) An important event taking place in the city.
(b) A day of celebration.
(c) An attack by a neighboring city.
(d) The sun.
4. How does King Gilgamesh surprise his people, regarding this person?
(a) He will marry Ishtar.
(b) He does not want to fight Anu alone.
(c) He does not offer to fight Enkidu himself.
(d) He plans to fight Aruru.
5. According to Ishtar's wishes, what does the creature do?
(a) It blocks the sun from reaching the earth.
(b) It floods the river.
(c) It cuts a swathe of death and destruction through the streets of Uruk.
(d) It chases after Gilgamesh.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does one of the scorpion-men do upon seeing Gilgamesh?
2. What does Sabitu say about what the King attempts?
3. What does Gilgamesh assure Enkidu?
4. What does Gilgamesh smash?
5. What does Utnapishtim think about Gilgamesh's appearance?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)