|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the young priestess do this?
(a) In order that he might meet Ishtar.
(b) In order to be away from him.
(c) In order that Ishtar find favor in him.
(d) In order that she might adorn herself for the upcoming ceremony.
2. What is done with the carcass of the beast?
(a) It is burned as an offering to the god Shamash.
(b) It is divided among the city's tradesmen.
(c) It is destroyed.
(d) It is eaten by Gilgamesh and Enkidu.
3. What does Enkidu, along with three hundred armed warriors, do?
(a) He comes out to meet the beast.
(b) He begs for Gilgamesh's help in killing the beast.
(c) He protects the creature.
(d) He chases the creature from the city.
4. Does Gilgamesh agree to this?
(d) At first.
5. What does Sabitu ask the King?
(a) What he seeks.
(b) Why he seeks his ancestor.
(c) If she may join him on his journey.
(d) Why he does not go home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Enkidu do when Gilgamesh gathers to him an arsenal of finely wrought weaponry and lays it before his Enkidu's feet?
2. Is man meant to be immortal?
3. What does Ishtar ask her father Anu to create?
4. What does Gilgamesh do when he has a disturbing dream?
5. When the water recedes on what is Utnapishtim's construction caught?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)