|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Gilgamesh's explanation?
(a) He tells her nothing.
(b) He tells her a part of the story.
(c) He lies about his travels.
(d) He tells the story of Enkidu's death and his terrible journey.
2. What prevents Gilgamesh from doing any further damage?
(a) Lightning strikes the boat and destroys it.
(b) The boatman demands to know who dares to damage the boat of Utnapishtim.
(c) A god calls his name.
(d) He collapses.
3. How does the story of Gilgamesh begin?
(a) With the story of how Gilgamesh gained immortality.
(b) With the story of Gilgamesh's birth.
(c) With an account of the geography of his world.
(d) With an account of how Gilgamesh becomes King.
4. What does Gilgamesh reason?
(a) Because Enkidu is not the King, he should be the only one banished.
(b) Because they committed all their acts together, they cannot die separately.
(c) Because the gods like him, he should become immortal.
(d) Because Ishtar is unkind, she should be killed.
5. Why is Enkidu enchanted by the young girl?
(a) She is the first human he has ever seen.
(b) She is the first woman he has ever seen.
(c) She reminds him of a gazelle.
(d) She is very beautiful.
Short Answer Questions
1. Over whom does Anu hesitate to take the side of the common people?
2. Through the trees, what does Gilgamesh see?
3. Where are Ishtar and her priestesses in Enkidu's dream?
4. How do the citizens feel about Enkido's behavior?
5. In what do Gilgamesh and Enkidu take part?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)