|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Enkidu do to the tall cedar gate, the hunters, and Harim?
(a) He wonders what has happened to them.
(b) He curses them.
(c) He misses them.
(d) He thanks them.
2. With the mothers robbed of their sons and the young girls of their lovers, what do the city elders decide to do?
(a) Complain to the gods.
(b) Complain to the King.
(c) Complain to Anu.
(d) Complain to the other citizens.
3. What does the girl do when she looks beyond the savagery of this man's appearance to the gentleness of his nature?
(a) She smiles at him.
(b) She goes to Enkidu.
(c) She leaves the forest.
(d) She says hello.
4. Why does Gilgamesh pour meal on the earth?
(a) To grow crops.
(b) To appease the gods.
(c) To feed the birds.
(d) To protect their feet as they walk.
5. Of what does Sabitu remind the King?
(a) The Mashu Mountains.
(b) The floods.
(c) The deadly Bitter River.
(d) The earthquakes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the hunter and his father head to the city?
2. How does King Gilgamesh surprise his people, regarding this person?
3. Why does Gilgamesh immediately repent?
4. What does the scorpion-man urge Gilgamesh to do?
5. How does Gilgamesh arrive at the shore of the Bitter River?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)