|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sabitu do after he thanks her?
(a) She points him toward the Bitter River.
(b) She shoves him out the door.
(c) She ignores him.
(d) She laughs at him.
2. Why do the hunter and his father head to the city?
(a) To find someone to kill Enkidu.
(b) To report the matter to the King.
(c) To find a god to help them.
(d) To complain about Gilgamesh's behavior.
3. What does Gilgamesh do for many days and nights?
(d) Wanders on foot.
4. What does Gilgamesh reason?
(a) Because Enkidu is not the King, he should be the only one banished.
(b) Because the gods like him, he should become immortal.
(c) Because they committed all their acts together, they cannot die separately.
(d) Because Ishtar is unkind, she should be killed.
5. Does Utnapishtim agree to aid Gilgamesh in his impossible mission?
(a) Not necessarily.
(d) At first.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Gilgamesh immediately repent?
2. Can one become immortal by feats of daring alone?
3. What does the King attempt to do to the savage?
4. Watching the battle between Humbaba and the two friends, what happens to the goddess Ishtar?
5. What is done with the carcass of the beast?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)