|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is this dream, according to Gilgamesh's mother?
(a) A sign of what good is to come.
(b) An evil portent.
(c) Just a dream.
(d) Caused by the large meal he had the night before.
2. How does the scorpion man's wife reply?
(a) Do not kill the stranger. Let him speak.
(b) This is Gilgamesh, our King.
(c) Allow the stranger to stay.
(d) The stranger is two-thirds god and one-third man.
3. Who does Ishtar gather together?
(a) The royal family.
(b) All the gods from all parts of heaven.
(c) Enkidu and Gilgamesh.
(d) The citizens of Uruk.
4. Why does Gilgamesh pour meal on the earth?
(a) To appease the gods.
(b) To protect their feet as they walk.
(c) To grow crops.
(d) To feed the birds.
5. Ninsun blesses her son and Enkidu and asks Enkidu to do what?
(a) Protect Gilgamesh.
(b) Kill Gilgamesh.
(c) Protect himself.
(d) Allow Gilgamesh his freedom.
Short Answer Questions
1. How has Gilgamesh made travel in the boat impossible?
2. How many straight poles must Gilgamesh cut down?
3. What does the scorpion-man describe to Gilgamesh?
4. What does the scorpion-man urge Gilgamesh to do?
5. What does the King attempt to do to the savage?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)