|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the scorpion-man describe to Gilgamesh?
(a) His ancestors.
(b) The perils of passing through the caverns.
(c) The path to take.
(d) The terain of the surrounding land.
2. Where does the anticipated battle between the King and the savage take place?
(a) At the gate into the city.
(b) In the forest.
(c) At the temple.
(d) At the King's palace.
3. At first, how does the wine maiden Sabitu feel about Gilgamesh?
(a) She is excited.
(b) She is angry.
(c) She is surprised.
(d) She is frightened.
4. What is Utnapishtim doing at the beginning of this chapter?
(a) Eating dinner.
(b) Chopping firewood.
(c) Fishing in the Bitter River.
(d) Lying in his hammock on the further shore of the Bitter River.
5. Why does Gilgamesh lift a stone and throw it down onto the boat?
(a) He hopes to wake the boatman.
(b) He is afraid of the boatman.
(c) He does not know what to do.
(d) He is unable to control his impatient anger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ninsun do at the temple?
2. What do Gilgamesh and Enkidu grow to be?
3. Why is Enkidu enchanted by the young girl?
4. How many straight poles must Gilgamesh cut down?
5. Through the trees, what does Gilgamesh see?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)