|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What must Gilgamesh do for Ishtar?
(a) Visit the underworld.
(b) Marry her.
(c) Kill Enkidu.
(d) Kill another monster.
2. Through the trees, what does Gilgamesh see?
(a) The face of Shamash.
(b) The face of Ishtar.
(c) The face of Ellil.
(d) The face of Anu.
3. What do Gilgamesh and Enkidu do when Ishtar calls the gods to battle against them?
(a) They plan to meet with the other gods.
(b) They plead with her to leave them alone.
(c) They laugh at her.
(d) They ignore her and set off for Uruk.
4. What ensues between these two men?
(a) A conversation.
(b) A wrestling match.
(c) A tremendous confrontation.
(d) A minor disagreement.
5. What should Gilgamesh not do?
(a) Be near Endiku.
(b) Walk the streets or approach the Temple of Ishtar.
(c) Speak to Ishtar.
(d) Leave his home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gilgamesh assure Enkidu?
2. Why is Enkidu enchanted by the young girl?
3. What does Utnapishtim begin at the beginning of this chapter?
4. What is this dream, according to Gilgamesh's mother?
5. What does Ishtar ask her father Anu to create?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)