|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Enkidu then hear?
(a) The angry voices of the other gods.
(b) The laughter of the other gods.
(c) The cries of the other gods.
(d) The screams of the other gods.
2. What does Enkido do when Gilgamesh attempts to enter?
(a) He stabs him through with a sword.
(b) He allows him to enter.
(c) He blocks his path.
(d) He ignores him.
3. What is done with the carcass of the beast?
(a) It is burned as an offering to the god Shamash.
(b) It is divided among the city's tradesmen.
(c) It is destroyed.
(d) It is eaten by Gilgamesh and Enkidu.
4. For how long do the two companions grapple with the beast?
(b) One hour.
(c) A few moments.
(d) Thirty minutes.
5. What does the scorpion-man describe to Gilgamesh?
(a) The path to take.
(b) The terain of the surrounding land.
(c) The perils of passing through the caverns.
(d) His ancestors.
Short Answer Questions
1. As he nears the Temple of Ishtar, what happens beside him?
2. How does Gilgamesh arrive at the shore of the Bitter River?
3. What does Utnapishtim think about Gilgamesh's response?
4. Who is responsible for molding humans from inanimate clay?
5. Where does the anticipated battle between the King and the savage take place?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)