|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ninsun blesses her son and Enkidu and asks Enkidu to do what?
(a) Allow Gilgamesh his freedom.
(b) Kill Gilgamesh.
(c) Protect Gilgamesh.
(d) Protect himself.
2. Gilgamesh must traverse the deep caverns beneath the Mountains of Mashu in order to reach whom?
3. What do scribes do?
(a) They engrave the stories onto stone or press the letters into wet clay.
(b) They tell the stories of the King and Enkidu on the walls of a tomb.
(c) They teach Enkidu how to write.
(d) They write stories of the men's adventures on papyrus.
4. What does Sabitu ask Gilgamesh about his appearance?
(a) Why is seems so tired.
(b) Why is is so dirty.
(c) Why he is dressed in animal skins and why his skin appears as if it is badly burnt.
(d) Why he is still so handsome after his travels.
5. Of what does Chapter Nine mark the beginning?
(a) The third episode of the epic of Gilgamesh.
(b) The second episode of the epic of Gilgamesh.
(c) The third episode of the epic of Enkidu.
(d) The second episode of the epic of Enkidu.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Enkidu do to the tall cedar gate, the hunters, and Harim?
2. By whom is Gilgamesh welcomed?
3. Looking up at the towering peaks, what does Gilgamesh wonder?
4. How does the story of Gilgamesh begin?
5. What happens when Enkidu hurries to the Temple of Ishtar to look for Harim?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)