|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Enlil feel about Shamash's pity for mankind?
(a) He is enraged by it.
(b) He is saddened by it.
(c) He is confused by it.
(d) He understands it.
2. Of what does Chapter Nine mark the beginning?
(a) The second episode of the epic of Gilgamesh.
(b) The third episode of the epic of Enkidu.
(c) The second episode of the epic of Enkidu.
(d) The third episode of the epic of Gilgamesh.
3. What does Utnapishtim think about Gilgamesh's response?
(a) He is surprised.
(b) He is saddened.
(c) He is displeased.
(d) He is pleased.
4. How many straight poles must Gilgamesh cut down?
(a) One hundred.
(d) One hundred and ten.
5. What does Ea tell Utnapishtim he must do?
(a) Construct a train.
(b) Construct an ark.
(c) Construct a wagon.
(d) Construct a building.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Gilgamesh treated by Utnapishtim?
2. What does Enkidu resolve to do?
3. What does Utnapishtim demand to know about the stranger?
4. What does the scorpion-man describe to Gilgamesh?
5. What does Enkidu, along with three hundred armed warriors, do?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)