|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Enkidu hurries to the Temple of Ishtar to look for Harim?
(a) He finds her crying.
(b) He finds her with another man.
(c) He finds the courtyard empty and the gates locked.
(d) He finds her praying to Ishtar.
2. Why does she feel this way about Gilgamesh?
(a) He has wild and unkempt looks.
(b) He has disturbed her peace.
(c) He came upon her very quietly.
(d) He is very handsome.
3. Unable to revive his friend, what does Gilgamesh do?
(a) He wanders aimlessly through the streets.
(b) He goes to the forest.
(c) He begs Shamash for help.
(d) He goes to his goddess-mother to question his own mortality.
4. Does Utnapishtim agree to aid Gilgamesh in his impossible mission?
(a) At first.
(b) Not necessarily.
5. What should Gilgamesh not do?
(a) Leave his home.
(b) Walk the streets or approach the Temple of Ishtar.
(c) Be near Endiku.
(d) Speak to Ishtar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is this dream, according to Gilgamesh's mother?
2. Ninsun blesses her son and Enkidu and asks Enkidu to do what?
3. The people over which Gilgamesh rules as king possess what?
4. As he nears the Temple of Ishtar, what happens beside him?
5. What does Enkido do when Gilgamesh attempts to enter?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)