|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Is man meant to be immortal?
2. How does the man respond to the girl?
(a) He gives her a confused stare.
(b) He leaves.
(c) He waves to her.
(d) He says hello in return.
3. According to Ishtar's wishes, what does the creature do?
(a) It floods the river.
(b) It blocks the sun from reaching the earth.
(c) It cuts a swathe of death and destruction through the streets of Uruk.
(d) It chases after Gilgamesh.
4. Unable to revive his friend, what does Gilgamesh do?
(a) He wanders aimlessly through the streets.
(b) He goes to the forest.
(c) He begs Shamash for help.
(d) He goes to his goddess-mother to question his own mortality.
5. How does the scorpion man's wife reply?
(a) This is Gilgamesh, our King.
(b) Do not kill the stranger. Let him speak.
(c) The stranger is two-thirds god and one-third man.
(d) Allow the stranger to stay.
Short Answer Questions
1. How has Gilgamesh made travel in the boat impossible?
2. What do Gilgamesh and Enkidu do when Ishtar calls the gods to battle against them?
3. For how long does Enkidu sleep?
4. What does Utnapishtim begin at the beginning of this chapter?
5. What is this dream, according to Gilgamesh's mother?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)