|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Enkidu hurries to the Temple of Ishtar to look for Harim?
(a) He finds her with another man.
(b) He finds her praying to Ishtar.
(c) He finds the courtyard empty and the gates locked.
(d) He finds her crying.
2. What does Enkido do when Gilgamesh attempts to enter?
(a) He allows him to enter.
(b) He stabs him through with a sword.
(c) He blocks his path.
(d) He ignores him.
3. What does Gilgamesh beg Enkidu to do?
(a) Stay awake.
(b) Relate the dreams so that he can tell them to his mother.
(c) Leave Uruk.
(d) Forget his dream.
4. Unable to revive his friend, what does Gilgamesh do?
(a) He goes to the forest.
(b) He wanders aimlessly through the streets.
(c) He begs Shamash for help.
(d) He goes to his goddess-mother to question his own mortality.
5. According to Ishtar's wishes, what does the creature do?
(a) It cuts a swathe of death and destruction through the streets of Uruk.
(b) It floods the river.
(c) It chases after Gilgamesh.
(d) It blocks the sun from reaching the earth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Utnapishtim begin at the beginning of this chapter?
2. What does Sabitu explain that Gilgamesh will find?
3. What is Utnapishtim doing at the beginning of this chapter?
4. What does Ishtar do after watching the two victors for a time as they bathe and rest?
5. What does Gilgamesh do when he has a disturbing dream?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)