|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What prevents Gilgamesh from doing any further damage?
(a) Lightning strikes the boat and destroys it.
(b) He collapses.
(c) A god calls his name.
(d) The boatman demands to know who dares to damage the boat of Utnapishtim.
2. What do Gilgamesh and Enkidu grow to be?
(b) More like friends than brothers.
(c) More like brothers than simple friends.
(d) Tolerable of one another.
3. What does the King attempt to do to the savage?
(a) Hug him.
(b) Kill him.
(c) Ignore him.
(d) Push him aside.
4. What should Gilgamesh not do?
(a) Walk the streets or approach the Temple of Ishtar.
(b) Speak to Ishtar.
(c) Leave his home.
(d) Be near Endiku.
5. What is the adventure the King proposes?
(a) Dragon hunting.
(b) A trip around the world.
(c) Traveling to the underworld.
(d) Killing the monster Humbaba.
Short Answer Questions
1. What bird is sent out and does not return?
2. How does the story of Gilgamesh begin?
3. What does Utnapishtim think about Gilgamesh's response?
4. Does Anu agree to Ishtar's request?
5. Who blesses Utnapishtim and his wife, making them immortal?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)