|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a city of fine houses, magnificent temples, marketplaces, and groves of trees?
2. Does Enkidu agree to take part in this adventure?
(b) At first.
3. What is the young priestess's worry?
(a) Enkidu will become violent in town.
(b) Enkidu will be treated no better than a captive animal.
(c) Enkidu will be treated like a King.
(d) Enkidu will betray her.
4. Why does the young priestess do this?
(a) In order that he might meet Ishtar.
(b) In order that she might adorn herself for the upcoming ceremony.
(c) In order that Ishtar find favor in him.
(d) In order to be away from him.
5. What does the girl do when she looks beyond the savagery of this man's appearance to the gentleness of his nature?
(a) She says hello.
(b) She goes to Enkidu.
(c) She leaves the forest.
(d) She smiles at him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the young girl feel when she sees the man?
2. What does the double-edged axe symbolize?
3. How does Gilgamesh react to his mother's warning?
4. Of what is Anu god?
5. How does the wild man find himself when sitting beside the young priestess?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)