|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Gilgamesh pour meal on the earth?
(a) To appease the gods.
(b) To protect their feet as they walk.
(c) To feed the birds.
(d) To grow crops.
2. How does Gilgamesh react to his mother's warning?
(a) He grows nervous.
(b) He becomes angry.
(c) He cries.
(d) He laughs.
3. What is a city of fine houses, magnificent temples, marketplaces, and groves of trees?
4. What does the double-edged axe symbolize?
(a) An intelligent man.
(b) A nervous man.
(c) A dangerous man.
(d) A kind man.
5. How does the story of Gilgamesh begin?
(a) With an account of how Gilgamesh becomes King.
(b) With the story of Gilgamesh's birth.
(c) With the story of how Gilgamesh gained immortality.
(d) With an account of the geography of his world.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the anticipated battle between the King and the savage take place?
2. What is the adventure the King proposes?
3. What does Gilgamesh know about Harim?
4. What happens as Harim leads Enkidu into Uruk?
5. Does Enkidu agree to take part in this adventure?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)