|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ishtar feel about the elders' plan?
(a) She is unsure about it.
(b) She agrees with it.
(c) She agrees with it at first.
(d) She disagrees with it.
2. Ninsun blesses her son and Enkidu and asks Enkidu to do what?
(a) Protect Gilgamesh.
(b) Allow Gilgamesh his freedom.
(c) Protect himself.
(d) Kill Gilgamesh.
3. What is the adventure the King proposes?
(a) Dragon hunting.
(b) Killing the monster Humbaba.
(c) A trip around the world.
(d) Traveling to the underworld.
4. What do the elders request of Enkidu?
(a) He must leave the city.
(b) He must talk to the gods.
(c) He must stop Gilgamesh.
(d) He must accompany Gilgamesh.
5. What should Gilgamesh not do?
(a) Leave his home.
(b) Speak to Ishtar.
(c) Be near Endiku.
(d) Walk the streets or approach the Temple of Ishtar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the double-edged axe symbolize?
2. After Harim and Enkidu proceed to the temple, what does the young priestess do?
3. What is this dream, according to Gilgamesh's mother?
4. How does the wild man find himself when sitting beside the young priestess?
5. Where does the anticipated battle between the King and the savage take place?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)