|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ninsun ask her son to do?
(b) Leave her alone.
(c) Look for Enkidu.
(d) Describe the dream.
2. The people over which Gilgamesh rules as king possess what?
(a) Many possessions.
(b) Magical powers.
(c) A vast pantheon of gods.
(d) Only one god.
3. What is the adventure the King proposes?
(a) Traveling to the underworld.
(b) Dragon hunting.
(c) Killing the monster Humbaba.
(d) A trip around the world.
4. Why does the young priestess do this?
(a) In order that he might meet Ishtar.
(b) In order that Ishtar find favor in him.
(c) In order to be away from him.
(d) In order that she might adorn herself for the upcoming ceremony.
5. What is the young priestess's worry?
(a) Enkidu will become violent in town.
(b) Enkidu will be treated like a King.
(c) Enkidu will be treated no better than a captive animal.
(d) Enkidu will betray her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ninsun blesses her son and Enkidu and asks Enkidu to do what?
2. With the mothers robbed of their sons and the young girls of their lovers, what do the city elders decide to do?
3. What should Gilgamesh not do?
4. Who robs a young hunter's traps?
5. How does the wild man find himself when sitting beside the young priestess?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)