|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the adventure the King proposes?
(a) Traveling to the underworld.
(b) A trip around the world.
(c) Dragon hunting.
(d) Killing the monster Humbaba.
2. Upon their arrival, what do they find the citizens doing?
(a) Complaining to the King about Ekidu's behavior.
(b) Going about their usual business.
(c) Building the wall around the city.
(d) Already passing among themselves excited stories about Enkidu.
3. After Harim and Enkidu proceed to the temple, what does the young priestess do?
(a) She speaks to Ishtar.
(b) She leaves Enkidu at the gate.
(c) She sends him in alone.
(d) She brings him into the temple.
4. How does the story of Gilgamesh begin?
(a) With the story of how Gilgamesh gained immortality.
(b) With an account of how Gilgamesh becomes King.
(c) With the story of Gilgamesh's birth.
(d) With an account of the geography of his world.
5. What does Ninsun ask her son to do?
(b) Leave her alone.
(c) Look for Enkidu.
(d) Describe the dream.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the man respond to the girl?
2. What is the result of the King's request to continue building the walls higher and higher?
3. Who robs a young hunter's traps?
4. Why does the young priestess do this?
5. As he nears the Temple of Ishtar, what happens beside him?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)