|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Harim enters the forest, by what is she charmed?
(a) The smells of nature.
(c) The peace and quiet.
(d) The animals and leaves and broken sunlight of the forest.
2. How does the young girl feel when she sees the man?
(a) She is excited.
(b) She is unsure.
(c) She is terrified.
(d) She is irritated.
3. Upon their arrival, what do they find the citizens doing?
(a) Building the wall around the city.
(b) Already passing among themselves excited stories about Enkidu.
(c) Going about their usual business.
(d) Complaining to the King about Ekidu's behavior.
4. Where does the anticipated battle between the King and the savage take place?
(a) In the forest.
(b) At the temple.
(c) At the gate into the city.
(d) At the King's palace.
5. How does Gilgamesh react to his mother's warning?
(a) He laughs.
(b) He grows nervous.
(c) He becomes angry.
(d) He cries.
Short Answer Questions
1. Finally, what do the city elders attempt to do?
2. What is the adventure the King proposes?
3. What is the greatest danger to this city?
4. Why does Gilgamesh believe he is invincible?
5. What does the double-edged axe symbolize?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)