|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the young priestess do this?
(a) In order that she might adorn herself for the upcoming ceremony.
(b) In order that he might meet Ishtar.
(c) In order to be away from him.
(d) In order that Ishtar find favor in him.
2. In his dream, what is Gilgamesh doing?
(a) Walking through the forest.
(b) Eating dinner.
(c) Speaking to his people.
(d) Walking through the streets of Uruk.
3. Why does Gilgamesh pour meal on the earth?
(a) To appease the gods.
(b) To grow crops.
(c) To protect their feet as they walk.
(d) To feed the birds.
4. What is the greatest danger to this city?
(c) The monster Humbaba.
(d) The god Anu.
5. What should Gilgamesh not do?
(a) Walk the streets or approach the Temple of Ishtar.
(b) Be near Endiku.
(c) Speak to Ishtar.
(d) Leave his home.
Short Answer Questions
1. In three days, what have Gilgamesh and Enkidu done?
2. What happens at that moment?
3. What does Enkidu resolve to do?
4. Ninsun blesses her son and Enkidu and asks Enkidu to do what?
5. What does the double-edged axe symbolize?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)