|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the girl do when she looks beyond the savagery of this man's appearance to the gentleness of his nature?
(a) She goes to Enkidu.
(b) She smiles at him.
(c) She says hello.
(d) She leaves the forest.
2. What does Gilgamesh know about Harim?
(a) Her charms will prevail over Enkidu with far more facility than force.
(b) She is in love with Ekidu.
(c) Her loyalties are with Ishtar.
(d) She is Anu's servant.
3. The people over which Gilgamesh rules as king possess what?
(a) Magical powers.
(b) Only one god.
(c) A vast pantheon of gods.
(d) Many possessions.
4. What is the result of the King's request to continue building the walls higher and higher?
(a) A monster becomes angry.
(b) The King monopolizes the time of the men.
(c) Wealth is lost.
(d) Workers are exhausted.
5. What is this dream, according to Gilgamesh's mother?
(a) A sign of what good is to come.
(b) Caused by the large meal he had the night before.
(c) Just a dream.
(d) An evil portent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens as Harim leads Enkidu into Uruk?
2. Why does Gilgamesh pour meal on the earth?
3. What do Gilgamesh and Enkidu grow to be?
4. What is the adventure the King proposes?
5. What is a city of fine houses, magnificent temples, marketplaces, and groves of trees?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)