|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gilgamesh know about Harim?
(a) She is in love with Ekidu.
(b) Her loyalties are with Ishtar.
(c) She is Anu's servant.
(d) Her charms will prevail over Enkidu with far more facility than force.
2. Does Enkidu agree to take part in this adventure?
(b) At first.
3. Why does the young priestess do this?
(a) In order that she might adorn herself for the upcoming ceremony.
(b) In order that he might meet Ishtar.
(c) In order that Ishtar find favor in him.
(d) In order to be away from him.
4. What happens at that moment?
(a) He awakes.
(b) He dies.
(c) He falls asleep.
(d) He calls for his mother.
5. In his dream, what is Gilgamesh doing?
(a) Eating dinner.
(b) Walking through the forest.
(c) Speaking to his people.
(d) Walking through the streets of Uruk.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ishtar feel about the elders' plan?
2. When Harim enters the forest, by what is she charmed?
3. How does the story of Gilgamesh begin?
4. What is a city of fine houses, magnificent temples, marketplaces, and groves of trees?
5. What ensues between these two men?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)