|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the hunter and his father head to the city?
(a) To find a god to help them.
(b) To report the matter to the King.
(c) To find someone to kill Enkidu.
(d) To complain about Gilgamesh's behavior.
2. What does Ninsun do at the temple?
(a) She prays to the god Shamash.
(b) She prays to the god Aruru.
(c) She prays to the god Ishtar.
(d) She prays to the god Anu.
3. Over whom does Anu hesitate to take the side of the common people?
(b) The other gods.
(c) The King.
(d) The elders.
4. Of what is Anu god?
(a) The earth.
(b) The skies.
(d) The sea.
5. What does Ninsun possess?
(b) The gifts of prophecy and the interpretation of dreams.
(c) A great deal of knowledge.
(d) The ability to soothe those who are distraught.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ishtar feel about the elders' plan?
2. What is the result of the King's request to continue building the walls higher and higher?
3. What is a city of fine houses, magnificent temples, marketplaces, and groves of trees?
4. What does Enkidu resolve to do?
5. What happens as Harim leads Enkidu into Uruk?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)