|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Gilgamesh pour meal on the earth?
(a) To feed the birds.
(b) To appease the gods.
(c) To grow crops.
(d) To protect their feet as they walk.
2. The people over which Gilgamesh rules as king possess what?
(a) Many possessions.
(b) Magical powers.
(c) Only one god.
(d) A vast pantheon of gods.
3. Finally, what do the city elders attempt to do?
(a) Prepare the King for his departure.
(b) Find a new King.
(c) Ignore the two men.
4. What does the double-edged axe symbolize?
(a) A nervous man.
(b) A kind man.
(c) An intelligent man.
(d) A dangerous man.
5. When Harim enters the forest, by what is she charmed?
(a) The peace and quiet.
(b) The animals and leaves and broken sunlight of the forest.
(c) The smells of nature.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the story of Gilgamesh begin?
2. What does the girl do when she looks beyond the savagery of this man's appearance to the gentleness of his nature?
3. What is the adventure the King proposes?
4. What does Enkidu refuse to do?
5. Why does Gilgamesh believe he is invincible?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)