|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the elders suggest that a man be created?
(a) To scare Gilgamesh.
(b) To destroy Gilgamesh.
(c) To be Gilgamesh's companion.
(d) To be Gilgamesh's brother.
2. What does the King attempt to do to the savage?
(a) Ignore him.
(b) Push him aside.
(c) Hug him.
(d) Kill him.
3. What does Gilgamesh do when he has a disturbing dream?
(a) He goes immediately to his mother.
(b) He interprets it himself.
(c) He searches for Enkidu.
(d) He ignores it.
4. What does Ninsun possess?
(a) The ability to soothe those who are distraught.
(b) The gifts of prophecy and the interpretation of dreams.
(c) A great deal of knowledge.
5. What eclipses even the entry of the wild man?
(a) An important event taking place in the city.
(b) An attack by a neighboring city.
(c) The sun.
(d) A day of celebration.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens as Harim leads Enkidu into Uruk?
2. How does Gilgamesh react to his mother's warning?
3. What does Enkidu do when Gilgamesh gathers to him an arsenal of finely wrought weaponry and lays it before his Enkidu's feet?
4. Why does Gilgamesh pour meal on the earth?
5. What do the elders request of Enkidu?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)