|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Harim and Enkidu proceed to the temple, what does the young priestess do?
(a) She speaks to Ishtar.
(b) She leaves Enkidu at the gate.
(c) She brings him into the temple.
(d) She sends him in alone.
2. What does the double-edged axe symbolize?
(a) A kind man.
(b) A dangerous man.
(c) A nervous man.
(d) An intelligent man.
3. What does Ninsun ask her son to do?
(b) Leave her alone.
(c) Describe the dream.
(d) Look for Enkidu.
4. With the mothers robbed of their sons and the young girls of their lovers, what do the city elders decide to do?
(a) Complain to the gods.
(b) Complain to the King.
(c) Complain to Anu.
(d) Complain to the other citizens.
5. What do Gilgamesh and Enkidu grow to be?
(a) Tolerable of one another.
(c) More like brothers than simple friends.
(d) More like friends than brothers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is this dream, according to Gilgamesh's mother?
2. What does Enkidu refuse to do?
3. Why does the young priestess do this?
4. What does the King attempt to do to the savage?
5. How does the wild man find himself when sitting beside the young priestess?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)