|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Ishtar's wishes, what does the creature do?
(a) It chases after Gilgamesh.
(b) It blocks the sun from reaching the earth.
(c) It cuts a swathe of death and destruction through the streets of Uruk.
(d) It floods the river.
2. What do Gilgamesh and Enkidu grow to be?
(a) Tolerable of one another.
(c) More like brothers than simple friends.
(d) More like friends than brothers.
3. Through the trees, what does Gilgamesh see?
(a) The face of Ishtar.
(b) The face of Shamash.
(c) The face of Anu.
(d) The face of Ellil.
4. How does King Gilgamesh surprise his people, regarding this person?
(a) He plans to fight Aruru.
(b) He does not want to fight Anu alone.
(c) He does not offer to fight Enkidu himself.
(d) He will marry Ishtar.
5. Why do the hunter and his father head to the city?
(a) To report the matter to the King.
(b) To complain about Gilgamesh's behavior.
(c) To find a god to help them.
(d) To find someone to kill Enkidu.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the wild man find himself when sitting beside the young priestess?
2. How does the young girl feel when she sees the man?
3. What ensues between these two men?
4. In what do Gilgamesh and Enkidu take part?
5. What does the King attempt to do to the savage?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)