|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Ishtar's wishes, what does the creature do?
(a) It floods the river.
(b) It cuts a swathe of death and destruction through the streets of Uruk.
(c) It blocks the sun from reaching the earth.
(d) It chases after Gilgamesh.
2. Ninsun blesses her son and Enkidu and asks Enkidu to do what?
(a) Protect Gilgamesh.
(b) Kill Gilgamesh.
(c) Allow Gilgamesh his freedom.
(d) Protect himself.
3. What is done with the entrails?
(a) They are eaten by Gilgamesh and Enkidu.
(b) They are burnt as an offering to the god Shamash.
(c) They are destroyed.
(d) They are divided among the city's tradesmen.
4. What does Gilgamesh do for many days and nights?
(b) Wanders on foot.
5. Why do the hunter and his father head to the city?
(a) To find someone to kill Enkidu.
(b) To complain about Gilgamesh's behavior.
(c) To report the matter to the King.
(d) To find a god to help them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Gilgamesh must traverse the deep caverns beneath the Mountains of Mashu in order to reach whom?
2. How does the wild man find himself when sitting beside the young priestess?
3. Into what does Enkidu eventually force Gilgamesh?
4. What does this god ask Gilgamesh?
5. What ensues between these two men?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)