|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the hunter and his father head to the city?
(a) To report the matter to the King.
(b) To complain about Gilgamesh's behavior.
(c) To find a god to help them.
(d) To find someone to kill Enkidu.
2. What does Ishtar ask her father Anu to create?
(a) A Lion of Heaven.
(b) A Bird of Heaven.
(c) A Bull of Heaven.
(d) A Horse of Heaven.
3. What does the girl do when she looks beyond the savagery of this man's appearance to the gentleness of his nature?
(a) She leaves the forest.
(b) She says hello.
(c) She goes to Enkidu.
(d) She smiles at him.
4. At the Temple of Ishtar, the citizens of Uruk will finally do what?
(a) Choose a bride for their king, Gilgamesh.
(b) Pray to Ishtar.
(c) Destroy the temple.
(d) Ask Ishtar for guidance.
5. According to Ishtar's wishes, what does the creature do?
(a) It floods the river.
(b) It blocks the sun from reaching the earth.
(c) It chases after Gilgamesh.
(d) It cuts a swathe of death and destruction through the streets of Uruk.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has Gilgamesh come to seek his ancestor?
2. After Harim and Enkidu proceed to the temple, what does the young priestess do?
3. How does the scorpion man's wife reply?
4. Through the trees, what does Gilgamesh see?
5. What is the young priestess's worry?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)