|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gilgamesh must traverse the deep caverns beneath the Mountains of Mashu in order to reach whom?
2. How does King Gilgamesh surprise his people, regarding this person?
(a) He plans to fight Aruru.
(b) He does not want to fight Anu alone.
(c) He will marry Ishtar.
(d) He does not offer to fight Enkidu himself.
3. What does Gilgamesh know about Harim?
(a) Her loyalties are with Ishtar.
(b) She is Anu's servant.
(c) She is in love with Ekidu.
(d) Her charms will prevail over Enkidu with far more facility than force.
4. Why does the young priestess do this?
(a) In order to be away from him.
(b) In order that Ishtar find favor in him.
(c) In order that she might adorn herself for the upcoming ceremony.
(d) In order that he might meet Ishtar.
5. What is the adventure the King proposes?
(a) Dragon hunting.
(b) Killing the monster Humbaba.
(c) A trip around the world.
(d) Traveling to the underworld.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Enkidu enchanted by the young girl?
2. Into what does Enkidu eventually force Gilgamesh?
3. What eclipses even the entry of the wild man?
4. What does the scorpion-man urge Gilgamesh to do?
5. What do Gilgamesh and Enkidu grow to be?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)