|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Into what does Enkidu eventually force Gilgamesh?
(a) A closet.
(b) A room.
(c) A puddle of mud.
(d) A position of vulnerability.
2. Does Anu agree to Ishtar's request?
(b) Not initially.
(c) Yes, at first.
3. Why do the hunter and his father head to the city?
(a) To find a god to help them.
(b) To find someone to kill Enkidu.
(c) To complain about Gilgamesh's behavior.
(d) To report the matter to the King.
4. What eclipses even the entry of the wild man?
(a) A day of celebration.
(b) The sun.
(c) An important event taking place in the city.
(d) An attack by a neighboring city.
5. According to Ishtar's wishes, what does the creature do?
(a) It chases after Gilgamesh.
(b) It cuts a swathe of death and destruction through the streets of Uruk.
(c) It floods the river.
(d) It blocks the sun from reaching the earth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Enkidu refuse to do?
2. What is done with the carcass of the beast?
3. How does King Gilgamesh surprise his people, regarding this person?
4. What does this god ask Gilgamesh?
5. What does Enkidu do when Gilgamesh gathers to him an arsenal of finely wrought weaponry and lays it before his Enkidu's feet?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)