|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Gilgamesh pour meal on the earth?
(a) To protect their feet as they walk.
(b) To feed the birds.
(c) To grow crops.
(d) To appease the gods.
2. What does the girl do when she looks beyond the savagery of this man's appearance to the gentleness of his nature?
(a) She goes to Enkidu.
(b) She says hello.
(c) She smiles at him.
(d) She leaves the forest.
3. What does Ishtar threaten to do If her father does not create the creature she requests?
(a) She will leave and never return.
(b) She will kill him.
(c) She will marry Gilgamesh.
(d) She will open the doors of the underworld to let the dead rise and outnumber the living.
4. Upon their arrival, what do they find the citizens doing?
(a) Building the wall around the city.
(b) Already passing among themselves excited stories about Enkidu.
(c) Complaining to the King about Ekidu's behavior.
(d) Going about their usual business.
5. How does King Gilgamesh surprise his people, regarding this person?
(a) He will marry Ishtar.
(b) He does not want to fight Anu alone.
(c) He does not offer to fight Enkidu himself.
(d) He plans to fight Aruru.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the anticipated battle between the King and the savage take place?
2. What does this god ask Gilgamesh?
3. Who robs a young hunter's traps?
4. What happens as Harim leads Enkidu into Uruk?
5. Looking up at the towering peaks, what does Gilgamesh wonder?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)