|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how long do the two companions grapple with the beast?
(a) Thirty minutes.
(b) One hour.
(c) A few moments.
2. How does King Gilgamesh surprise his people, regarding this person?
(a) He does not offer to fight Enkidu himself.
(b) He will marry Ishtar.
(c) He does not want to fight Anu alone.
(d) He plans to fight Aruru.
3. Ninsun blesses her son and Enkidu and asks Enkidu to do what?
(a) Protect Gilgamesh.
(b) Kill Gilgamesh.
(c) Allow Gilgamesh his freedom.
(d) Protect himself.
4. What does Gilgamesh know about Harim?
(a) She is Anu's servant.
(b) Her charms will prevail over Enkidu with far more facility than force.
(c) Her loyalties are with Ishtar.
(d) She is in love with Ekidu.
5. Looking up at the towering peaks, what does Gilgamesh wonder?
(a) If the gods live on the tops of the peaks.
(b) How he will make it to the top.
(c) Where Enkidu.
(d) If he has truly reached the mountains, whose peaks touch the heavens, and whose foundations reach into the bowels of the earth.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what do Gilgamesh and Enkidu take part?
2. Into what does Enkidu eventually force Gilgamesh?
3. Through the trees, what does Gilgamesh see?
4. What is done with the entrails?
5. What is the young priestess's worry?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)