|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Upon their arrival, what do they find the citizens doing?
(a) Already passing among themselves excited stories about Enkidu.
(b) Complaining to the King about Ekidu's behavior.
(c) Building the wall around the city.
(d) Going about their usual business.
2. Where does the anticipated battle between the King and the savage take place?
(a) At the gate into the city.
(b) In the forest.
(c) At the temple.
(d) At the King's palace.
3. Why does the young priestess do this?
(a) In order to be away from him.
(b) In order that Ishtar find favor in him.
(c) In order that she might adorn herself for the upcoming ceremony.
(d) In order that he might meet Ishtar.
4. What does Ninsun do at the temple?
(a) She prays to the god Aruru.
(b) She prays to the god Ishtar.
(c) She prays to the god Anu.
(d) She prays to the god Shamash.
5. What does Ishtar ask her father Anu to create?
(a) A Bull of Heaven.
(b) A Lion of Heaven.
(c) A Bird of Heaven.
(d) A Horse of Heaven.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the young priestess's worry?
2. Who robs a young hunter's traps?
3. Why has Gilgamesh come to seek his ancestor?
4. How does the wild man find himself when sitting beside the young priestess?
5. When Harim enters the forest, by what is she charmed?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)