|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the wild man find himself when sitting beside the young priestess?
(a) Utterly content.
2. In three days, what have Gilgamesh and Enkidu done?
(a) They have returned to the forest.
(b) They have reached the massive cedar gate that leads the way to Humbaba.
(c) They have completed the wall.
(d) They ahve enjoyed days of festivities.
3. What does Ishtar threaten to do If her father does not create the creature she requests?
(a) She will kill him.
(b) She will marry Gilgamesh.
(c) She will leave and never return.
(d) She will open the doors of the underworld to let the dead rise and outnumber the living.
4. What does the scorpion-man describe to Gilgamesh?
(a) The path to take.
(b) The terain of the surrounding land.
(c) His ancestors.
(d) The perils of passing through the caverns.
5. What is done with the entrails?
(a) They are burnt as an offering to the god Shamash.
(b) They are eaten by Gilgamesh and Enkidu.
(c) They are divided among the city's tradesmen.
(d) They are destroyed.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Enlil feel about Shamash's pity for mankind?
2. What does Enkido do when Gilgamesh attempts to enter?
3. What is the young priestess's worry?
4. What does Ishtar ask her father Anu to create?
5. What does Ninsun do at the temple?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)