|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the King attempt to do to the savage?
(a) Kill him.
(b) Push him aside.
(c) Hug him.
(d) Ignore him.
2. What does Enkidu refuse to do?
(a) Allow Gilgamesh to leave.
(b) Forgive Gilgamesh.
(c) Give Gilgamesh to the citizens.
(d) Slay Gilgamesh, who is such a worthy opponent.
3. What is done with the entrails?
(a) They are burnt as an offering to the god Shamash.
(b) They are divided among the city's tradesmen.
(c) They are eaten by Gilgamesh and Enkidu.
(d) They are destroyed.
4. What does Ishtar ask her father Anu to create?
(a) A Bird of Heaven.
(b) A Lion of Heaven.
(c) A Bull of Heaven.
(d) A Horse of Heaven.
5. Does Enkidu agree to take part in this adventure?
(a) At first.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has Gilgamesh come to seek his ancestor?
2. What is the adventure the King proposes?
3. Why does the young priestess do this?
4. Why is Enkidu enchanted by the young girl?
5. Does Anu agree to Ishtar's request?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)