|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Gilgamesh pour meal on the earth?
(a) To feed the birds.
(b) To protect their feet as they walk.
(c) To appease the gods.
(d) To grow crops.
2. Gilgamesh must traverse the deep caverns beneath the Mountains of Mashu in order to reach whom?
3. What ensues between these two men?
(a) A tremendous confrontation.
(b) A minor disagreement.
(c) A wrestling match.
(d) A conversation.
4. What does this god ask Gilgamesh?
(a) How he came to be here in the garden, so gaunt and disheveled.
(b) Why he does not turn back.
(c) Where he has been.
(d) Why he has not found Enkidu.
5. How do the citizens feel about Enkido's behavior?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the anticipated battle between the King and the savage take place?
2. According to Ishtar's wishes, what does the creature do?
3. When Harim enters the forest, by what is she charmed?
4. Through the trees, what does Gilgamesh see?
5. What do the elders request of Enkidu?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)