|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gilgamesh know about Harim?
(a) Her loyalties are with Ishtar.
(b) Her charms will prevail over Enkidu with far more facility than force.
(c) She is in love with Ekidu.
(d) She is Anu's servant.
2. What is done with the carcass of the beast?
(a) It is divided among the city's tradesmen.
(b) It is burned as an offering to the god Shamash.
(c) It is destroyed.
(d) It is eaten by Gilgamesh and Enkidu.
3. Into what does Enkidu eventually force Gilgamesh?
(a) A puddle of mud.
(b) A position of vulnerability.
(c) A closet.
(d) A room.
4. What does Gilgamesh do to the beast?
(a) He breaks its wings.
(b) He forgives it.
(c) He throws a spear straight into its throat.
(d) He chops off its head.
5. Who robs a young hunter's traps?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the anticipated battle between the King and the savage take place?
2. What does the King attempt to do to the savage?
3. How does the wild man find himself when sitting beside the young priestess?
4. What eclipses even the entry of the wild man?
5. What happens after eleven days and nights of this leg of Gilgamesh's journey?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)