|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Harim enters the forest, by what is she charmed?
(a) The animals and leaves and broken sunlight of the forest.
(b) The peace and quiet.
(d) The smells of nature.
2. Into what does Enkidu eventually force Gilgamesh?
(a) A position of vulnerability.
(b) A room.
(c) A puddle of mud.
(d) A closet.
3. What does the scorpion-man describe to Gilgamesh?
(a) The perils of passing through the caverns.
(b) His ancestors.
(c) The terain of the surrounding land.
(d) The path to take.
4. Of what does Chapter Nine mark the beginning?
(a) The third episode of the epic of Gilgamesh.
(b) The second episode of the epic of Gilgamesh.
(c) The third episode of the epic of Enkidu.
(d) The second episode of the epic of Enkidu.
5. What does Ishtar ask her father Anu to create?
(a) A Lion of Heaven.
(b) A Bird of Heaven.
(c) A Horse of Heaven.
(d) A Bull of Heaven.
Short Answer Questions
1. Looking up at the towering peaks, what does Gilgamesh wonder?
2. What does the girl do when she looks beyond the savagery of this man's appearance to the gentleness of his nature?
3. After Harim and Enkidu proceed to the temple, what does the young priestess do?
4. How does King Gilgamesh surprise his people, regarding this person?
5. What do the elders request of Enkidu?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)