|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Into what does Enkidu eventually force Gilgamesh?
(a) A room.
(b) A closet.
(c) A position of vulnerability.
(d) A puddle of mud.
2. What does Gilgamesh beg Enkidu to do?
(a) Leave Uruk.
(b) Stay awake.
(c) Relate the dreams so that he can tell them to his mother.
(d) Forget his dream.
3. What is Utnapishtim doing at the beginning of this chapter?
(a) Eating dinner.
(b) Lying in his hammock on the further shore of the Bitter River.
(c) Chopping firewood.
(d) Fishing in the Bitter River.
4. What does Enkidu refuse to do?
(a) Forgive Gilgamesh.
(b) Give Gilgamesh to the citizens.
(c) Slay Gilgamesh, who is such a worthy opponent.
(d) Allow Gilgamesh to leave.
5. After Harim and Enkidu proceed to the temple, what does the young priestess do?
(a) She sends him in alone.
(b) She brings him into the temple.
(c) She speaks to Ishtar.
(d) She leaves Enkidu at the gate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Utnapishtim think about Gilgamesh's appearance?
2. What does Enkidu do to the tall cedar gate, the hunters, and Harim?
3. What does the god Shamash do to the sleeping Enkidu?
4. What does the King attempt to do to the savage?
5. What does Enkidu then hear?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)