|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Into what does Enkidu eventually force Gilgamesh?
(a) A closet.
(b) A position of vulnerability.
(c) A puddle of mud.
(d) A room.
2. What does Enkidu refuse to do?
(a) Give Gilgamesh to the citizens.
(b) Slay Gilgamesh, who is such a worthy opponent.
(c) Forgive Gilgamesh.
(d) Allow Gilgamesh to leave.
3. What does Gilgamesh reason?
(a) Because Ishtar is unkind, she should be killed.
(b) Because they committed all their acts together, they cannot die separately.
(c) Because the gods like him, he should become immortal.
(d) Because Enkidu is not the King, he should be the only one banished.
4. What does Utnapishtim think about Gilgamesh's appearance?
(a) He is surprised by it.
(b) He is angered by it.
(c) He is disgusted by it.
(d) He is upset by it.
5. Is man meant to be immortal?
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Gilgamesh treated by Utnapishtim?
2. What does the god Shamash do to the sleeping Enkidu?
3. Where does the anticipated battle between the King and the savage take place?
4. Does Utnapishtim agree to aid Gilgamesh in his impossible mission?
5. What does Gilgamesh assure Enkidu?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)