|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gilgamesh wonder about Utnapishtim?
(a) How did he come to be immortal.
(b) Why he left Gilgamesh's mother.
(c) Why he lives by the Bitter River.
(d) If he is immortal.
2. What does Gilgamesh reason?
(a) Because they committed all their acts together, they cannot die separately.
(b) Because the gods like him, he should become immortal.
(c) Because Enkidu is not the King, he should be the only one banished.
(d) Because Ishtar is unkind, she should be killed.
3. What does Enkidu then hear?
(a) The laughter of the other gods.
(b) The angry voices of the other gods.
(c) The screams of the other gods.
(d) The cries of the other gods.
4. For how long does Enkidu sleep?
(a) Twelve days.
(b) Fourteen days.
(c) Fifteen days.
(d) Thirtten days.
5. At the Temple of Ishtar, the citizens of Uruk will finally do what?
(a) Choose a bride for their king, Gilgamesh.
(b) Pray to Ishtar.
(c) Ask Ishtar for guidance.
(d) Destroy the temple.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the King attempt to do to the savage?
2. Unable to revive his friend, what does Gilgamesh do?
3. What does Utnapishtim think about Gilgamesh's response?
4. Does Utnapishtim agree to aid Gilgamesh in his impossible mission?
5. What does Gilgamesh beg Enkidu to do?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)