|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the Temple of Ishtar, the citizens of Uruk will finally do what?
(a) Ask Ishtar for guidance.
(b) Choose a bride for their king, Gilgamesh.
(c) Destroy the temple.
(d) Pray to Ishtar.
2. Immediately following the slaying of the creature, what happens to Enkidu?
(a) He begins having dreams full of ominous portents.
(b) He becomes fearful of the gods.
(c) He leaves Uruk.
(d) He dies.
3. After Gilgamesh tells his story, how does Utnapishtim answer?
(a) He does not answer him.
(b) In much the same way Gilgamesh has been answered all along.
(c) He laughs at him.
(d) In a very different way from the others.
4. What is Utnapishtim doing at the beginning of this chapter?
(a) Fishing in the Bitter River.
(b) Eating dinner.
(c) Chopping firewood.
(d) Lying in his hammock on the further shore of the Bitter River.
5. How is Gilgamesh treated by Utnapishtim?
(a) He is rebuked.
(b) He is ignored.
(c) He is warmly welcomed.
(d) He is humiliated.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Enkidu?
2. What does Gilgamesh assure Enkidu?
3. What does Gilgamesh beg Enkidu to do?
4. What does Utnapishtim demand to know about the stranger?
5. Where does the anticipated battle between the King and the savage take place?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)