|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Unable to revive his friend, what does Gilgamesh do?
(a) He wanders aimlessly through the streets.
(b) He goes to the forest.
(c) He begs Shamash for help.
(d) He goes to his goddess-mother to question his own mortality.
2. What does Gilgamesh assure Enkidu?
(a) If he goes to the underworld, Gilgamesh will wait at the gate until they let Enkidu out again.
(b) If he goes to the underworld, he goes alone.
(c) If he goes back to the forest, Gilgamesh will send Harim with him.
(d) If he leaves Uruk, Gilgamesh will surely die.
3. How do the citizens feel about Enkido's behavior?
4. What does Gilgamesh beg Enkidu to do?
(a) Relate the dreams so that he can tell them to his mother.
(b) Forget his dream.
(c) Leave Uruk.
(d) Stay awake.
5. Into what does Enkidu eventually force Gilgamesh?
(a) A closet.
(b) A position of vulnerability.
(c) A puddle of mud.
(d) A room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do most of the gods want?
2. Immediately following the slaying of the creature, what happens to Enkidu?
3. At the Temple of Ishtar, the citizens of Uruk will finally do what?
4. What ensues between these two men?
5. What does Utnapishtim demand to know about the stranger?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)