|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Utnapishtim agree to do?
(a) Not punish the boatman.
(b) Be kind to Gilgamesh.
(c) Tell Gilgamesh the story of how he became immortal.
(d) Help Gilgamesh get home.
2. Where does the anticipated battle between the King and the savage take place?
(a) In the forest.
(b) At the King's palace.
(c) At the gate into the city.
(d) At the temple.
3. What does Utnapishtim demand to know about the stranger?
(a) His identity and how he came to be there.
(b) Why he does not go home.
(c) If he is a King.
(d) If he is intelligent.
4. Unable to revive his friend, what does Gilgamesh do?
(a) He wanders aimlessly through the streets.
(b) He begs Shamash for help.
(c) He goes to his goddess-mother to question his own mortality.
(d) He goes to the forest.
5. What is Utnapishtim doing at the beginning of this chapter?
(a) Lying in his hammock on the further shore of the Bitter River.
(b) Eating dinner.
(c) Fishing in the Bitter River.
(d) Chopping firewood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gilgamesh beg Enkidu to do?
2. Does Utnapishtim agree to aid Gilgamesh in his impossible mission?
3. What happens to Enkidu?
4. What does the god Shamash do to the sleeping Enkidu?
5. What does Enkido do when Gilgamesh attempts to enter?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)