|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do most of the gods want?
(a) Enkidu to be killed.
(b) Ishtar to leave Enkidu alone.
(c) Ishtar to exile both Enkidu and Gilgamesh.
(d) Gilgamesh to protect Enkidu.
2. What does the god Shamash do to the sleeping Enkidu?
(a) He scolds him.
(b) He protects him.
(c) He praises him.
(d) He kills him.
3. How does the wife of Utnapishtim describe Gilgamesh?
(a) As a young man, thin and haggered, but otherwise like to she and her husband.
(b) A filthy mess.
(c) As an odd looking man.
(d) A stranger.
4. What does Gilgamesh beg Enkidu to do?
(a) Stay awake.
(b) Relate the dreams so that he can tell them to his mother.
(c) Leave Uruk.
(d) Forget his dream.
5. What does Utnapishtim demand to know about the stranger?
(a) If he is intelligent.
(b) If he is a King.
(c) His identity and how he came to be there.
(d) Why he does not go home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gilgamesh reason?
2. What is Utnapishtim doing at the beginning of this chapter?
3. What happens as Harim leads Enkidu into Uruk?
4. How is Gilgamesh treated by Utnapishtim?
5. What does Utnapishtim think about Gilgamesh's response?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)