|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gilgamesh reason?
(a) Because the gods like him, he should become immortal.
(b) Because Ishtar is unkind, she should be killed.
(c) Because they committed all their acts together, they cannot die separately.
(d) Because Enkidu is not the King, he should be the only one banished.
2. What happens to Enkidu?
(a) He becomes angry with Gilgamesh.
(b) He contracts a fever and his dreams grow more intense.
(c) He is poisoned.
(d) He marries Ishtar.
3. Immediately following the slaying of the creature, what happens to Enkidu?
(a) He leaves Uruk.
(b) He dies.
(c) He begins having dreams full of ominous portents.
(d) He becomes fearful of the gods.
4. What eclipses even the entry of the wild man?
(a) An important event taking place in the city.
(b) The sun.
(c) An attack by a neighboring city.
(d) A day of celebration.
5. How does the wife of Utnapishtim describe Gilgamesh?
(a) As an odd looking man.
(b) A filthy mess.
(c) A stranger.
(d) As a young man, thin and haggered, but otherwise like to she and her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Harim and Enkidu proceed to the temple, what does the young priestess do?
2. What does Utnapishtim promise to do to the boatman?
3. What does Enkidu do to the tall cedar gate, the hunters, and Harim?
4. What does Utnapishtim demand to know about the stranger?
5. Where are Ishtar and her priestesses in Enkidu's dream?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)