|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Utnapishtim agree to do?
(a) Not punish the boatman.
(b) Help Gilgamesh get home.
(c) Be kind to Gilgamesh.
(d) Tell Gilgamesh the story of how he became immortal.
2. Does Utnapishtim agree to aid Gilgamesh in his impossible mission?
(a) Not necessarily.
(c) At first.
3. What does Enkidu refuse to do?
(a) Forgive Gilgamesh.
(b) Allow Gilgamesh to leave.
(c) Give Gilgamesh to the citizens.
(d) Slay Gilgamesh, who is such a worthy opponent.
4. What happens to Enkidu?
(a) He marries Ishtar.
(b) He becomes angry with Gilgamesh.
(c) He is poisoned.
(d) He contracts a fever and his dreams grow more intense.
5. What does Gilgamesh beg Enkidu to do?
(a) Stay awake.
(b) Forget his dream.
(c) Leave Uruk.
(d) Relate the dreams so that he can tell them to his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the anticipated battle between the King and the savage take place?
2. What does Utnapishtim think about Gilgamesh's response?
3. After Gilgamesh tells his story, how does Utnapishtim answer?
4. Immediately following the slaying of the creature, what happens to Enkidu?
5. What does Utnapishtim demand to know about the stranger?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)