|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens as Harim leads Enkidu into Uruk?
(a) He is taunted.
(b) He is besieged by curious onlookers.
(c) He is captured.
(d) He is ignored.
2. What does Gilgamesh wonder about Utnapishtim?
(a) Why he lives by the Bitter River.
(b) How did he come to be immortal.
(c) If he is immortal.
(d) Why he left Gilgamesh's mother.
3. What eclipses even the entry of the wild man?
(a) An important event taking place in the city.
(b) A day of celebration.
(c) An attack by a neighboring city.
(d) The sun.
4. What does Utnapishtim promise to do to the boatman?
(a) Treat him the way he has always treated him.
(b) Punish him who aided Gilgamesh on his journey.
(c) Reward him for aiding Gilgamesh on his journey.
(d) Ignore him.
5. What does Enkidu do to the tall cedar gate, the hunters, and Harim?
(a) He curses them.
(b) He thanks them.
(c) He wonders what has happened to them.
(d) He misses them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Is man meant to be immortal?
2. What happens to Enkidu?
3. What is Utnapishtim doing at the beginning of this chapter?
4. What does Utnapishtim agree to do?
5. Why does the young priestess do this?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)