|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Enkidu do to the tall cedar gate, the hunters, and Harim?
(a) He curses them.
(b) He wonders what has happened to them.
(c) He thanks them.
(d) He misses them.
2. Why does the young priestess do this?
(a) In order that he might meet Ishtar.
(b) In order to be away from him.
(c) In order that she might adorn herself for the upcoming ceremony.
(d) In order that Ishtar find favor in him.
3. What does Enkido do when Gilgamesh attempts to enter?
(a) He blocks his path.
(b) He ignores him.
(c) He stabs him through with a sword.
(d) He allows him to enter.
4. What does Utnapishtim think about Gilgamesh's appearance?
(a) He is angered by it.
(b) He is disgusted by it.
(c) He is upset by it.
(d) He is surprised by it.
5. Immediately following the slaying of the creature, what happens to Enkidu?
(a) He becomes fearful of the gods.
(b) He leaves Uruk.
(c) He dies.
(d) He begins having dreams full of ominous portents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens as Harim leads Enkidu into Uruk?
2. After Gilgamesh tells his story, how does Utnapishtim answer?
3. For how long does Enkidu sleep?
4. What eclipses even the entry of the wild man?
5. Is man meant to be immortal?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)