|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ensues between these two men?
(a) A wrestling match.
(b) A tremendous confrontation.
(c) A conversation.
(d) A minor disagreement.
2. Why does the young priestess do this?
(a) In order that Ishtar find favor in him.
(b) In order to be away from him.
(c) In order that he might meet Ishtar.
(d) In order that she might adorn herself for the upcoming ceremony.
3. What does Utnapishtim agree to do?
(a) Be kind to Gilgamesh.
(b) Tell Gilgamesh the story of how he became immortal.
(c) Help Gilgamesh get home.
(d) Not punish the boatman.
4. What eclipses even the entry of the wild man?
(a) An important event taking place in the city.
(b) A day of celebration.
(c) The sun.
(d) An attack by a neighboring city.
5. What does Gilgamesh assure Enkidu?
(a) If he goes back to the forest, Gilgamesh will send Harim with him.
(b) If he goes to the underworld, he goes alone.
(c) If he leaves Uruk, Gilgamesh will surely die.
(d) If he goes to the underworld, Gilgamesh will wait at the gate until they let Enkidu out again.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Enkidu then hear?
2. What does Utnapishtim promise to do to the boatman?
3. What does Utnapishtim think about Gilgamesh's appearance?
4. After Harim and Enkidu proceed to the temple, what does the young priestess do?
5. What does Enkidu do to the tall cedar gate, the hunters, and Harim?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)