|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the Temple of Ishtar, the citizens of Uruk will finally do what?
(a) Ask Ishtar for guidance.
(b) Destroy the temple.
(c) Pray to Ishtar.
(d) Choose a bride for their king, Gilgamesh.
2. What do most of the gods want?
(a) Ishtar to exile both Enkidu and Gilgamesh.
(b) Gilgamesh to protect Enkidu.
(c) Ishtar to leave Enkidu alone.
(d) Enkidu to be killed.
3. Immediately following the slaying of the creature, what happens to Enkidu?
(a) He leaves Uruk.
(b) He dies.
(c) He begins having dreams full of ominous portents.
(d) He becomes fearful of the gods.
4. For how long does Enkidu sleep?
(a) Fourteen days.
(b) Thirtten days.
(c) Twelve days.
(d) Fifteen days.
5. After Harim and Enkidu proceed to the temple, what does the young priestess do?
(a) She brings him into the temple.
(b) She sends him in alone.
(c) She speaks to Ishtar.
(d) She leaves Enkidu at the gate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Utnapishtim doing at the beginning of this chapter?
2. What does the god Shamash do to the sleeping Enkidu?
3. Where does the anticipated battle between the King and the savage take place?
4. What does Utnapishtim demand to know about the stranger?
5. Unable to revive his friend, what does Gilgamesh do?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)