|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Unable to revive his friend, what does Gilgamesh do?
(a) He wanders aimlessly through the streets.
(b) He goes to his goddess-mother to question his own mortality.
(c) He goes to the forest.
(d) He begs Shamash for help.
2. What does the god Shamash do to the sleeping Enkidu?
(a) He kills him.
(b) He praises him.
(c) He scolds him.
(d) He protects him.
3. What does Gilgamesh wonder about Utnapishtim?
(a) How did he come to be immortal.
(b) Why he left Gilgamesh's mother.
(c) If he is immortal.
(d) Why he lives by the Bitter River.
4. What happens to Enkidu?
(a) He contracts a fever and his dreams grow more intense.
(b) He marries Ishtar.
(c) He is poisoned.
(d) He becomes angry with Gilgamesh.
5. How do the citizens feel about Enkido's behavior?
Short Answer Questions
1. At the Temple of Ishtar, the citizens of Uruk will finally do what?
2. What does Utnapishtim think about Gilgamesh's response?
3. What does Enkido do when Gilgamesh attempts to enter?
4. What does Enkidu refuse to do?
5. Into what does Enkidu eventually force Gilgamesh?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)