|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Utnapishtim demand to know about the stranger?
(a) His identity and how he came to be there.
(b) Why he does not go home.
(c) If he is intelligent.
(d) If he is a King.
2. Why does the young priestess do this?
(a) In order that Ishtar find favor in him.
(b) In order to be away from him.
(c) In order that he might meet Ishtar.
(d) In order that she might adorn herself for the upcoming ceremony.
3. What does Gilgamesh assure Enkidu?
(a) If he goes to the underworld, he goes alone.
(b) If he leaves Uruk, Gilgamesh will surely die.
(c) If he goes back to the forest, Gilgamesh will send Harim with him.
(d) If he goes to the underworld, Gilgamesh will wait at the gate until they let Enkidu out again.
4. What does Enkidu do to the tall cedar gate, the hunters, and Harim?
(a) He curses them.
(b) He thanks them.
(c) He wonders what has happened to them.
(d) He misses them.
5. What does Gilgamesh beg Enkidu to do?
(a) Forget his dream.
(b) Relate the dreams so that he can tell them to his mother.
(c) Stay awake.
(d) Leave Uruk.
Short Answer Questions
1. Immediately following the slaying of the creature, what happens to Enkidu?
2. Unable to revive his friend, what does Gilgamesh do?
3. How do the citizens feel about Enkido's behavior?
4. What does Enkidu refuse to do?
5. What happens as Harim leads Enkidu into Uruk?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)