|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Gilgamesh tells his story, how does Utnapishtim answer?
(a) In a very different way from the others.
(b) In much the same way Gilgamesh has been answered all along.
(c) He does not answer him.
(d) He laughs at him.
2. What does Gilgamesh reason?
(a) Because the gods like him, he should become immortal.
(b) Because they committed all their acts together, they cannot die separately.
(c) Because Ishtar is unkind, she should be killed.
(d) Because Enkidu is not the King, he should be the only one banished.
3. What does Utnapishtim think about Gilgamesh's appearance?
(a) He is angered by it.
(b) He is surprised by it.
(c) He is upset by it.
(d) He is disgusted by it.
4. What does Enkido do when Gilgamesh attempts to enter?
(a) He allows him to enter.
(b) He ignores him.
(c) He stabs him through with a sword.
(d) He blocks his path.
5. What does Enkidu do to the tall cedar gate, the hunters, and Harim?
(a) He curses them.
(b) He misses them.
(c) He wonders what has happened to them.
(d) He thanks them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the god Shamash do to the sleeping Enkidu?
2. Why does the young priestess do this?
3. For how long does Enkidu sleep?
4. Where does the anticipated battle between the King and the savage take place?
5. What happens to Enkidu?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)