|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was it that said Christianity is a life, not a doctrine?
2. After Lila began attending church every Sunday, how did that impact his sermon preparation?
(a) He prepared sermons that disappointed the other church members.
(b) He prepared sermons to make her feel guilty about her lifestyle.
(c) He prepared his sermons to please himself.
(d) His sermons were written to please and impress her.
3. What was the expectation placed on John and Louisa from childhood?
(a) That they would move to St. Louis together.
(b) That they would have several children.
(c) That they would never marry.
(d) That they were to be married.
4. When Jack states that John is in an unconventional marriage himself, what is he referring to?
(a) The fact that Lila has been married before.
(b) The fact that Lila is Native American.
(c) The fact that Lila is uneducated.
(d) The fact that Lila is so young.
5. How does John hope to die?
(a) With everyone in his life forgiven.
(b) With a quiet heart.
(c) With a smile on his lips.
(d) In his sleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. John tells Jack that it is presumptuous to judge the authenticity of anyone's ______________________ .
2. What does Jack call John's son?
3. What does John recall he and Boughton did as a prank while he was in seminary?
4. What job did John help the widow with, who had just moved from her farm to a cottage in town?
5. What is the name of Jack's wife?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)