|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What theologian does John recommend to Jack to help him with the doctrinal question he raises?
(a) John Calvin.
(b) Martin Luther.
(c) Karl Barth.
2. What does Jack call John's son?
(a) Little man.
(b) Little brother.
(c) Little John.
(d) Little sport.
3. What was the expectation placed on John and Louisa from childhood?
(a) That they would move to St. Louis together.
(b) That they would have several children.
(c) That they would never marry.
(d) That they were to be married.
4. What one word does John choose to describe Jack "as he his now"?
5. What job was Jack holding when his wife became pregnant?
(a) He was waiting tables.
(b) He was selling shoes.
(c) He was selling men's clothes.
(d) He was teaching at a high school.
Short Answer Questions
1. When John first meets Lila in church, what did he rebuke himself for not doing?
2. What does John recall he and Boughton did as a prank while he was in seminary?
3. What was Jack Boughton's original name to have been?
4. According to John, what does light seem to be a metaphor for?
5. What city does Lila say she was unable to find work in?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)