|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to John, what does light seem to be a metaphor for?
(b) The end of evil.
(c) The human soul.
(d) The resurrection.
2. Jack drops by John's home one evening as he and his family are rocking on the porch. What does Lila bring them?
(a) Cool water.
(b) Hot tea.
(d) Hot cider.
3. Where was Jack's wife's father's church located?
4. What did Boughton tell John about the trumpet vines covering his house?
(a) They attracted butterflies.
(b) They attracted hummingbirds.
(c) They kept the porch cool.
(d) They were too much trouble to cut down.
5. Which of the Ten Commandments does John want his son to be particularly aware of?
(a) The first commandment.
(b) The seventh commandment.
(c) The fifth commandment.
(d) The tenth commandment.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is it hard for to see good faith in another character, which John states is a "terrible problem"?
2. Why does John feel that it is appropriate for his son to read about Jack Boughton, in spite of the fact that it might be betraying pastoral discretion?
3. What is the name of the woman who shared Jack's wife's rooms with her?
4. John tells Jack that it is presumptuous to judge the authenticity of anyone's ______________________ .
5. What is Tobias not allowed to do?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)