|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is it hard for to see good faith in another character, which John states is a "terrible problem"?
(a) His father.
(b) Jack Boughton.
(c) The Methodist minister.
(d) His grandfather.
2. In John's grandfather's holiday sermon, what does he say the Lord came to him and did?
(a) Caused him to faint.
(b) Put his hand on his right shoulder.
(c) Gave him a glimpse of heaven.
(d) Gave him the ability to see the future.
3. What does John state that the attempt to defend belief can do?
(a) It can make the defender stronger.
(b) It can unsettle belief.
(c) It can cause arguments.
(d) It angers God.
4. What job did John help the widow with, who had just moved from her farm to a cottage in town?
(b) Electrical work.
(c) Yard work.
5. What is the name of the article John reads in the Ladies' Home Journal?
(a) War and the American People.
(b) God and the American People.
(c) Fear and the American People.
(d) Loss of the American People.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John encourage his son to do when he is an old man himself?
2. How does John spend the whole night after overhearing the conversation between Lila and Jack?
3. After Lila began attending church every Sunday, how did that impact his sermon preparation?
4. What does John recall he and Boughton did as a prank while he was in seminary?
5. How old is John in 1947?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)