|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children does Boughton have?
2. What is the color of John's son's favorite shirt?
3. What is the cause of John's "own dark time?"
(c) Family deaths.
4. What did John's father give him every time he learned five scripture verses and could repeat them without a mistake?
(a) A penny.
(b) A quarter.
(c) A nickel.
(d) A dime.
5. What kind of flowers does John's son and wife bring him?
Short Answer Questions
1. What music is playing on the radio that causes John to want to dance?
2. What does Edward quote as they play catch?
3. What did John say he dreamed about after his visit to the graveyard?
4. When was John born?
5. How did John lose his Greek Testament?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the story John's father tells him about John Brown's mule?
2. What are John's feelings and descriptions of baptism?
3. What three things does seeing Jack playing catch with John's son remind him of?
4. What is the contrast between John's father and his grandfather's views on war?
5. Describe how John learned scripture.
6. How does John describe being "imperishable"?
7. Briefly recount the story John's grandfather and his friends used to tell about the citizens of a little abolitionist town.
8. What does John learn about his grandfather and his encounter with a Union soldier?
9. Why does John feel that his memories of fleeting incidents are so vivid to him?
10. What was the nature of the meeting John had with the church trustees regarding the church building?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)