|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What biblical character does John compare Jack to?
(b) The prodigal son.
(d) Doubting Thomas.
2. Who does John feel that his son is very much like?
(a) His father.
(b) His mother.
(c) His wife.
(d) His grandfather.
3. What was Boughton's childhood name?
4. Why does John Ames tell his son that he might be gone sometime?
(a) Because he's tired of living in their home.
(b) Because he is old.
(c) Because he needs to make a trip.
(d) Because he has to go out of town on business.
5. What did Jack Boughton call John?
(a) Brother Ames.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Edward quote as they play catch?
2. What do the old men in John's church call his son?
3. What does John's father bury and tell him not to dig up?
4. What is the cause of John's "own dark time?"
5. When John was a boy, a farmer was murdered with what weapon?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the nature of John and Jack's first discussion at the church?
2. What are John's thoughts on the Lord's Supper? How does his son figure into this account?
3. What are the final thoughts about Gilead John shares?
4. How does John recall Boughton's parents?
5. Describe John's birthday.
6. What are John's thoughts on "The Trail of the Lonesome Pine"?
7. How does John give Lila instruction prior to her baptism, and what is the nature of this instruction?
8. Describe how John learned scripture.
9. What are two memories of pranks that John and Boughton share on Boughton's porch?
10. What does John recall about how his grandfather was invited to speak at a town picnic?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)