|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When John was a child, what did he think the purpose of steeples were?
(a) To point others to God.
(b) To attract lightning.
(c) To assure that the church was the tallest structure in town.
(d) To honor ancient church architecture.
2. If John lives, who does he say he will vote for?
(d) Ron Paul.
3. How old is John's son?
4. John states that his wife is "an excellent woman, but unschooled in _____________________ "
(c) Social graces.
5. According to John, visions sometimes only come under what circumstances?
(a) In dreams.
(b) In purity of thought.
(c) In prayer.
(d) In memory.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was John's mother's name?
2. Why does John's father say "I never did forgive myself" after the narrator's grandfather told him about shooting the Union soldier?
3. John tells a story about a building project in a little abolitionist settlement. What was built?
4. What does John say was the most thrilling thing that ever happened in his life?
5. What vision did John's grandfather have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are John's thoughts upon hearing a waltz on the radio?
2. What are some of John's comments on water?
3. Describe the preaching John's grandfather did after coming back from the war, and how it affected his listeners.
4. What is the story John's father tells him about John Brown's mule?
5. Describe how John learned scripture.
6. What are John's feelings and descriptions of baptism?
7. How does John explain death to people who ask what it is like?
8. Briefly recount the story John's grandfather and his friends used to tell about the citizens of a little abolitionist town.
9. What are some of John's impressions of Tobias and his son?
10. How does John describe being in the world at night?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)