|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the shape of the weather vane on the steeple of John's church?
(a) A rooster.
(b) An arrow.
(c) A cross.
(d) A pointing finger.
2. What does the pathway in the abolitionist town become?
(a) A major highway.
(b) A dirt road.
(c) A wagon trail.
(d) A small creek.
3. What does John say is the strangest thing about "this life, about being in ministry"?
(a) People avoid you.
(b) People laugh at you.
(c) People expect you to serve them.
(d) People change the subject when they see you coming.
4. What was John's mother's name?
(a) Maggie Trudy Ames.
(b) Mary Todd Ames.
(c) Margaret Todd Ames.
(d) Martha Tilson Ames.
5. What ailment does John have, according to his doctor?
(a) Pancreatic cancer.
(b) Gastro-intestinal reflux disease.
(c) Congestive heart failure.
(d) Angina pectoris.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jack Boughton call John?
2. When does John want the son to read his journals?
3. What was John's father's name?
4. What does John say was the most thrilling thing that ever happened in his life?
5. Who is John's older brother?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how John learned scripture.
2. What was Jack Boughton's first meeting with Lila like?
3. How does John describe being "imperishable"?
4. What are John's feelings about baseball, and what incidents contributed to those feelings?
5. What are John's thoughts on the Lord's Supper? How does his son figure into this account?
6. Why does John feel that his memories of fleeting incidents are so vivid to him?
7. How does John view Jack Boughton prior to his coming?
8. What is the significance behind the story of the farmer who was murdered with a bowie knife, and what does that have to do with John's grandfather?
9. What was the nature of the meeting John had with the church trustees regarding the church building?
10. What are some of the key aspects of John's life that he recounts to his son?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)