Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Jack Boughton's original name to have been?
(a) Isaiah Jacob.
(b) Theodore Roosevelt.
(c) Theodore Dwight Weld.
(d) John Brown.
2. When Jack states that John is in an unconventional marriage himself, what is he referring to?
(a) The fact that Lila is Native American.
(b) The fact that Lila is uneducated.
(c) The fact that Lila has been married before.
(d) The fact that Lila is so young.
3. What does Jack call John's wife?
(a) Mrs. Ames.
4. Why does John feel that it is appropriate for his son to read about Jack Boughton, in spite of the fact that it might be betraying pastoral discretion?
(a) He wants his son to avoid the same mistakes Jack had made.
(b) He wants to expose Jack for what he was.
(c) He wants to express to his son how sorry he was for Jack.
(d) He wants his son to see the beauty in Jack.
5. What doctrinal concept does Jack Boughton ask John his views on?
(b) The resurrection.
(d) The Second Coming.
6. John writes, "I don't want to be old. And I certainly don't want to be _____________ ."
(a) A burden.
7. What trait does Jack possess that John states is almost a curse to him?
(a) Jack's ability to see through people.
(b) Jack's judgmental tendencies.
(c) Jack's inability to tell the truth.
(d) Jack's attitude toward the rest of his family.
8. What theologian does John recommend to Jack to help him with the doctrinal question he raises?
(a) Martin Luther.
(b) John Calvin.
(d) Karl Barth.
9. What hymn writer wrote "Grant me on earth what seems Thee best, Till death and Heav'n reveal the rest"?
(a) Ralph Vaughn Williams.
(b) John Ames.
(c) Isaac Watts.
(d) John Philip Sousa.
10. What is John's favorite breakfast?
(a) Biscuits and gravy.
(b) Waffles and bacon.
(c) Pancakes and sausage.
(d) Bacon and eggs.
11. After Lila began attending church every Sunday, how did that impact his sermon preparation?
(a) He prepared sermons to make her feel guilty about her lifestyle.
(b) He prepared his sermons to please himself.
(c) His sermons were written to please and impress her.
(d) He prepared sermons that disappointed the other church members.
12. What did Jack steal from John that made him "as angry as I have been in my life"?
(a) A pocketknife.
(b) His reading glasses.
(c) His Greek New Testament.
(d) A photograph of Louisa.
13. How old was John when Lila first came to church?
14. What was the expectation placed on John and Louisa from childhood?
(a) That they would have several children.
(b) That they would move to St. Louis together.
(c) That they were to be married.
(d) That they would never marry.
15. What incident in Jack Boughton's life does John recount that happened while Jack was still in college?
(a) He failed and had to drop out of college.
(b) He stole money from a liquor store.
(c) He got a young girl pregnant.
(d) He was involved in a hit-and-run accident.
Short Answer Questions
1. What river did John and Glory see Jack's daughter playing in?
2. Which of the Ten Commandments does John want his son to be particularly aware of?
3. Which character said, "Maybe some people aren't so comfortable with themselves"?
4. What is Tobias not allowed to do?
5. How does John describe Boughton's parents?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)