|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 15 (pages 233-247).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. John tells a story about a building project in a little abolitionist settlement. What was built?
(a) A church.
(b) A jail.
(c) A dry goods store.
(d) A tunnel.
2. What did the tapestry in John's grandfather's church have written on it?
(a) "The Lord is My Shepherd."
(b) "Remember the Sabbath Day."
(c) "Our Father in Heaven."
(d) "The Lord Our God Is a Purifying Fire."
3. How old is John's son?
4. What is Tobias's father's name?
(a) Mr. Sawyer.
(b) Mr. Shoemaker.
(c) Mr. Smith
(d) Mr. Schmidt.
5. What was John's father's name?
(a) Joshua Ames.
(b) John Ames.
(c) Jonas Ames.
(d) Jack Ames.
Short Answer Questions
1. What biblical character does John compare Jack to?
2. What does John's wife give him at breakfast on his birthday, wrapped in tissue paper?
3. Who does Jack's wife's father believe Jack is descended from?
4. Jack tells John that during the Civil War, Iowa had a specific kind of regiment. According to the Tennessean who spoke to Jack, what kind of regiment was it?
5. When John went to a bank to cash a check, what did he intend to do with it?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)