|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 15 (pages 233-247).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of flowers does John's son and wife bring him?
2. How old was John when Lila first came to church?
3. What caused John and his father to be "not quite at ease" with each other for the first time in John's life?
(a) Books by skeptics John read.
(b) John's desire to leave home.
(c) Questions John raised.
(d) Letters from Germany.
4. Why does Jack tell John that he (Jack) lies a lot?
(a) Because he doesn't want to hurt his family.
(b) Because it comes so easily.
(c) Because he is afraid of the truth.
(d) Because people believe him when he does.
5. Why did John's grandfather take him to Des Moines?
(a) To see Ty Cobb play.
(b) To see Shoeless Joe Jackson play.
(c) To see Babe Ruth play.
(d) To see Bud Fowler play.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John tell his son he regrets?
2. Where did John's brother Edward buy a piece of land?
3. How does John describe Boughton's parents?
4. What does John say "you never quite get used to"?
5. What does John state is one of the best traits of good people?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)