|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12 (pages 185-201).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Tobias's father's name?
(a) Mr. Sawyer.
(b) Mr. Smith
(c) Mr. Shoemaker.
(d) Mr. Schmidt.
2. What does John say has been one of the great irritations of his life?
(a) Jack spending time with his son.
(b) Growing old and infirm.
(c) Being so much older than his wife.
(d) Seeing Boughton and his son Jack together.
3. How did John's first wife die?
(a) From a fall.
(b) From the measles.
(c) From tuberculosis.
(d) In childbirth.
4. What did Jack do to the John's front steps?
(a) Broke them.
(b) Painted them with pink paint.
(c) Painted molasses on them.
(d) Set them on fire.
5. After Jack brings John and his family a sack of gourds, what does Lila give Jack in return?
(a) A watermelon.
(c) Green tomatoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does John hope to die?
2. What is the name of the Ames family cat?
3. What does Jack call John's wife?
4. What were Jack Boughton's first words to John after he met him in church the first time?
5. John states that his wife is "an excellent woman, but unschooled in _____________________ "
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)