|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 12 (pages 185-201).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Jack tells John that during the Civil War, Iowa had a specific kind of regiment. According to the Tennessean who spoke to Jack, what kind of regiment was it?
(a) A graybeard regiment.
(b) A teenage regiment.
(c) A Methodist regiment.
(d) A colored regiment.
2. What are the fears that John has about Jack Boughton?
(a) That he will hurt his father, Boughton.
(b) That he will do harm to his son and wife.
(c) That he will cause his father's early death.
(d) That he has desires for Lila.
3. What theologian does John recommend to Jack to help him with the doctrinal question he raises?
(a) Martin Luther.
(c) John Calvin.
(d) Karl Barth.
4. Why does Jack tell John that he (Jack) lies a lot?
(a) Because he is afraid of the truth.
(b) Because he doesn't want to hurt his family.
(c) Because it comes so easily.
(d) Because people believe him when he does.
5. What does John's father bury and tell him not to dig up?
(a) His grandfather's sermons.
(b) His grandfather's shirts.
(c) His grandfather's pistol.
(d) His grandfather's letters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What holiday does John say his grandfather was asked to say a few words during?
2. What does Edward quote as they play catch?
3. How did John lose his Greek Testament?
4. While wandering in Kansas, what does John's father tell him that he saw coming through the doors of his father's church?
5. When John was a child, what did he think the purpose of steeples were?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)