|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10 (pages 160-173).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the old men in John's church call his son?
2. Who is John's older brother?
3. When John would come home and his grandfather was in the house in the midst of a vision, what would his mother tell him?
(a) "Your grandfather is talking to God."
(b) "The Lord is in the parlor."
(c) "Don't go in the parlor."
(d) "Your grandfather is having one of his spells."
4. What does John find Jack Boughton and his son doing when he comes home for lunch?
(a) Playing catch.
(b) Playing dominos.
(c) Eating a piece of cake.
(d) Reading the newspaper together.
5. When John met with the church trustees, what suggestions from him did they ignore?
(a) That the church be sold to the Lutherans.
(b) That the church install stained glass windows.
(c) That the church purchase new hymnals.
(d) That repairs be made to the church building.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job did John help the widow with, who had just moved from her farm to a cottage in town?
2. What two biblical characters does John's father compare the two of them to on their journey to Kansas?
3. What does Jack call John's son?
4. John writes, "I don't want to be old. And I certainly don't want to be _____________ ."
5. What does the Union soldier indicate he knows to John's father?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)