|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10 (pages 160-173).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Boughton's son come from before visiting his home?
(a) St. Louis.
(d) Des Moines.
2. What does the Union soldier indicate he knows to John's father?
(a) He knows John's grandfather is a deserter.
(b) He knows John's grandfather is a pacifist.
(c) He knows John's grandfather has died.
(d) He knows about John's grandfather's involvement with John Brown.
3. What did John's father give him every time he learned five scripture verses and could repeat them without a mistake?
(a) A quarter.
(b) A dime.
(c) A penny.
(d) A nickel.
4. What does Edward quote as they play catch?
(a) Psalm 40.
(b) Psalm 100.
(c) Psalm 133.
(d) Psalm 23.
5. In John's house, which he has lived in since being a small boy, what is in the home that was the same from his childhood?
(a) An old table and a pantry.
(b) A rocking chair.
(c) A pie safe.
(d) A woodstove.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does John describe Boughton's parents?
2. How did John's first wife die?
3. John states that a famous theologian said, "Each of us is an actor on stage and God is the audience." Who was the theologian?
4. What day does John consider his day of rest?
5. What does John's father offer him in the ruins of the burned-down church?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)