|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 10 (pages 160-173).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are John's feelings about the two young men who worked at the garage as he passed them on the street?
(a) That the way they laughed seemed beautiful to him.
(b) That the two should be coming to church.
(c) That the two should be in jail.
(d) That the two were being disrespectful.
2. What does John tell his son he regrets?
(a) That he was away for long periods of time.
(b) That he is dying.
(c) The hard times his son and his mother must have gone through.
(d) That he lost his hearing.
3. When John met with the church trustees, what suggestions from him did they ignore?
(a) That the church install stained glass windows.
(b) That the church purchase new hymnals.
(c) That repairs be made to the church building.
(d) That the church be sold to the Lutherans.
4. What is the name of the article John reads in the Ladies' Home Journal?
(a) Loss of the American People.
(b) War and the American People.
(c) Fear and the American People.
(d) God and the American People.
5. According to John, what does light seem to be a metaphor for?
(a) The human soul.
(b) The resurrection.
(c) The end of evil.
Short Answer Questions
1. What hymn writer wrote "Grant me on earth what seems Thee best, Till death and Heav'n reveal the rest"?
2. What do the old men in John's church call his son?
3. What is the color of John's son's favorite shirt?
4. What job did John help the widow with, who had just moved from her farm to a cottage in town?
5. What kind of flowers does John's son and wife bring him?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)