|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6 (pages 86-104).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to John, why is a lawn sprinkler a magnificent invention?
(a) It waters the grass when it does not rain.
(b) It is a resource-saving device.
(c) It exposes raindrops to sunshine.
(d) It gives little boys something to play in.
2. What did John and his father trade with the widow for her two boiled eggs and two boiled potatoes?
(a) Confederate money.
3. What was Boughton's childhood name?
4. What is John's son's friend's name?
5. What kind of flowers does John's son and wife bring him?
Short Answer Questions
1. What letter does Boughton think should be excluded from the alphabet?
2. What two biblical characters does John's father compare the two of them to on their journey to Kansas?
3. What does John say was the most thrilling thing that ever happened in his life?
4. Why had John's grandfather come to Kansas from Maine?
5. John states that his wife is "an excellent woman, but unschooled in _____________________ "
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)