|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 6 (pages 86-104).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did John lose his Greek Testament?
(a) It was stolen by a Confederate officer.
(b) It was inadvertantly left behind at a camp.
(c) In a fire.
(d) In a retreat across a river.
2. What relieved Lila when she found out ________________ was not the same as work on Sundays?
(b) Preparing meals.
(c) Taking long walks.
3. When John and his father visited the graveyard, his father said, "I would never have thought this place could be ..."
4. Why does John Ames tell his son that he might be gone sometime?
(a) Because he needs to make a trip.
(b) Because he's tired of living in their home.
(c) Because he is old.
(d) Because he has to go out of town on business.
5. John's grandfather walked out of his father's church during a sermon. Where did the grandfather go?
(a) The Presbyterian church.
(b) Downtown to walk the streets.
(c) To his home.
(d) To the Negro church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Jack Boughton call John?
2. Growing up, John was ____________________ than most of his childhood friends, saying the trait "ran in his family."
3. What kind of flowers does John's son and wife bring him?
4. How many children does Boughton have?
5. What does John do as he walks down the streets of his town at one or two a.m.?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)