|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4 (pages 58-71).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What song does John sing as he rocked his son?
(a) At the Cross.
(b) Holy, Holy, Holy.
(c) Go to Dark Gethsemane.
(d) Alas, and Did My Savior Bleed.
2. What was Boughton's childhood name?
3. How did John get a great reputation for wisdom?
(a) By reading poetry.
(b) By ordering more books than he ever had time to read.
(c) From having years of seminary.
(d) By quoting scripture.
4. What does Edward quote as they play catch?
(a) Psalm 40.
(b) Psalm 100.
(c) Psalm 23.
(d) Psalm 133.
5. Who is John's older brother?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the old men in John's church call his son?
2. What is the cause of John's "own dark time?"
3. What did John and his father trade with the widow for her two boiled eggs and two boiled potatoes?
4. What does John tell his son he regrets?
5. What does John have stored in boxes upstairs in his house?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)