|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 4 (pages 58-71).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does John have stored in boxes upstairs in his house?
(a) Letters to his first wife.
(d) Baseball cards.
2. What did John and his father trade with the widow for her two boiled eggs and two boiled potatoes?
(c) Confederate money.
3. What song does John sing as he rocked his son?
(a) Alas, and Did My Savior Bleed.
(b) Go to Dark Gethsemane.
(c) At the Cross.
(d) Holy, Holy, Holy.
4. What does John state he remembers instead of grief and loneliness?
(a) Fear and loathing.
(b) Curiosity and questioning.
(c) Peace and comfort.
(d) Joy and rest.
5. What is the name of the Ames family cat?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is John's son's friend's name?
2. What kind of flowers does John's son and wife bring him?
3. What is the cause of John's "own dark time?"
4. What do the old men in John's church call his son?
5. How many children does Boughton have?
This section contains 170 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)