|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5 (pages 72-85).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In John's house, which he has lived in since being a small boy, what is in the home that was the same from his childhood?
(a) A woodstove.
(b) An old table and a pantry.
(c) A pie safe.
(d) A rocking chair.
2. According to John, why is a lawn sprinkler a magnificent invention?
(a) It exposes raindrops to sunshine.
(b) It is a resource-saving device.
(c) It gives little boys something to play in.
(d) It waters the grass when it does not rain.
3. What ailment does John have, according to his doctor?
(a) Angina pectoris.
(b) Pancreatic cancer.
(c) Gastro-intestinal reflux disease.
(d) Congestive heart failure.
4. What vision did John's grandfather have?
(a) Jesus in chains.
(b) Jesus healing the lepers.
(c) Jesus on the cross.
(d) Jesus walking on the water.
5. Who does John feel that his son is very much like?
(a) His wife.
(b) His grandfather.
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Growing up, John was ____________________ than most of his childhood friends, saying the trait "ran in his family."
2. Why did John feel that he would be a minister?
3. What do John and Boughton see from the porch after spending an evening going over their texts?
4. What does John tell his son he regrets?
5. Why did John's grandfather take him to Des Moines?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)