|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5 (pages 72-85).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Tobias's father's name?
(a) Mr. Shoemaker.
(b) Mr. Sawyer.
(c) Mr. Schmidt.
(d) Mr. Smith
2. What does John have stored in boxes upstairs in his house?
(a) Baseball cards.
(d) Letters to his first wife.
3. When John was a boy, a farmer was murdered with what weapon?
(a) A bowie knife.
(b) A Confederate pistol.
(c) A shotgun.
(d) A lead pipe.
4. What did John's father give him every time he learned five scripture verses and could repeat them without a mistake?
(a) A penny.
(b) A nickel.
(c) A quarter.
(d) A dime.
5. What are John's feelings about the two young men who worked at the garage as he passed them on the street?
(a) That the two should be coming to church.
(b) That the two were being disrespectful.
(c) That the way they laughed seemed beautiful to him.
(d) That the two should be in jail.
Short Answer Questions
1. What biblical character does John compare Jack to?
2. Where did John's father take him when he was twelve?
3. Why did John's grandfather take him to Des Moines?
4. What do the old men in John's church call his son?
5. Who was John's first wife?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)