|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 5 (pages 72-85).
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why had John's grandfather come to Kansas from Maine?
(a) To fight the Confederates.
(b) To plant a church.
(c) To help Free Soilers establish the right to vote.
(d) To start a family in a new community.
2. What does Edward quote as they play catch?
(a) Psalm 40.
(b) Psalm 23.
(c) Psalm 100.
(d) Psalm 133.
3. Who is John's older brother?
4. When was John born?
5. What does John say is the strangest thing about "this life, about being in ministry"?
(a) People expect you to serve them.
(b) People avoid you.
(c) People laugh at you.
(d) People change the subject when they see you coming.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Ames family cat?
2. What was Boughton's childhood name?
3. What letter does Boughton think should be excluded from the alphabet?
4. What does John tell his son he regrets?
5. What are John's feelings about the two young men who worked at the garage as he passed them on the street?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)