Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - The Beach
1. How does this book open and why is the author at the location in the book?
2. How does the author find life at the ocean?
3. What are the author's intentions for her time at the beach and is she successful?
4. Why might Anne want to be alone at the beach?
5. How does the author feel about the ocean and what happens to her when near it?
6. What happens to Anne's mind the second week at the beach?
This section contains 909 words|
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)