|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. While at Angels, Enid and Rebecca complain that they never see whom anymore?
2. Enid thinks that being pregnant would be what?
3. What does Enid's father refer to her and Rebecca as?
4. What type of car does Enid buy?
5. When Enid calls Bob Skeetes for the second time, why is she unable to leave a message?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Enid take driving lessons?
2. What unusual family dynamic did Enid grow up with and how did it affect her?
3. Why does Enid love Hubba Hubba?
4. Why did Enid give the nickname "Norman" to the man always waiting at the bus stop?
5. Why is John Ellis going on a talk show?
6. Once Enid takes the college entry test, what are the next steps in the college entry process?
7. What is the atmosphere like in Hubba Hubba?
8. What do Rebecca and Enid make fun of, once they are at Hubba Hubba?
9. Why is it ironic that Rebecca worries about "some creep" falling in love with her?
10. John Ellis makes fun of Enid about what?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In "Ghost World", Enid is right on the cusp between being a girl and being a woman. Sometimes, she clings to her past. Other times, she is quick to run from it. Examine the dichotomy in this relationship, using examples from the text to support your theory.
Essay Topic 2
The relationship between Josh, Enid and Rebecca becomes complicated. Take a stance on why Josh chooses to date Rebecca, in spite of his obvious affection for Enid, citing examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
When Enid chooses to go to college, she hides this information from Rebecca. Write an essay examining why Enid chooses to hide this information and how it affects her friendship with Rebecca.
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)