|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of music is playing at Hubba Hubba's?
2. Enid accuses Josh of being in love with whom?
3. When Enid shows up at Josh's apartment alone for the first time, he offers her a what?
4. In Chapter Six, what significant event surrounds the bus stop?
5. Rebecca thinks she is putting more what into the friendship with Enid?
Short Essay Questions
1. What unusual family dynamic did Enid grow up with and how did it affect her?
2. How does Rebecca respond when she learns that Enid wants to go to college?
3. Why does Enid try to track down a childhood record?
4. Why is John Ellis going on a talk show?
5. Why do Enid and Rebecca leave a message for "Bearded Windbreaker"?
6. Why does Rebecca feel betrayed when she learns Enid plans to go to college?
7. Why did Enid give the nickname "Norman" to the man always waiting at the bus stop?
8. in Chapter Six, why are Enid and Rebecca disappointed with Angels?
9. Why is Enid ambivalent on politics?
10. Why does Enid love Hubba Hubba?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Enid chooses to go to college, she hides this information from Rebecca. Write an essay examining why Enid chooses to hide this information and how it affects her friendship with Rebecca.
Essay Topic 2
Enid has several odd relationship with men throughout "Ghost World". Examine the relationship between Enid and one of the following characters, using examples from the text.
1) Enid and Josh.
2) Enid and Bob Skeetes.
3) Enid and her father.
Essay Topic 3
The relationship between Josh, Enid and Rebecca becomes complicated. Take a stance on why Josh chooses to date Rebecca, in spite of his obvious affection for Enid, citing examples from the text.
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)