|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a little old man buy for his wife that Enid thinks is "so cute"?
2. By Chapter Eight, Part One, Angels has become what?
3. How do Enid and Rebecca get to Hubba Hubba?
4. What term do the girls use to describe Melorra in Chapter Seven?
5. What does John plan to do for Tom?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Enid and Rebecca leave a message for "Bearded Windbreaker"?
2. What do Rebecca and Enid make fun of, once they are at Hubba Hubba?
3. After kissing Josh, Enid pretends to feel what for him, in front of Rebecca?
4. How does Rebecca respond when she learns that Enid wants to go to college?
5. After Enid's fight with Rebecca, Enid's father does what to try and cheer Enid?
6. Why is it ironic that Rebecca worries about "some creep" falling in love with her?
7. When Enid's father tries to offer comfort when she is crying, how does Enid respond?
8. What unusual family dynamic did Enid grow up with and how did it affect her?
9. Why does Enid love Hubba Hubba?
10. Why does Enid assume "Norman" is crazy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are several instances within "Ghost World" where older men make inappropriate remarks to Enid. Examine the following questions:
1) What are some examples of this inappropriate behavior?
2) Why does this happen?
3) How does Enid respond to these remarks?
Essay Topic 2
Physical appearance is a significant part of Enid's life. Create a stance of what appearance represents to Enid, citing examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the relationship between Rebecca and Enid.
1) Why are they friends?
2) What do they have in common?
3) How do they treat each other?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)