|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Rebecca thought Enid was what, as a child?
2. Rebecca accuses Enid of lying about what?
3. What type of car does Enid buy?
4. Whose apartment do Enid and Rebecca visit after going to the record store?
5. What does Rebecca want to call the waiter at Hubba Hubba's?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is John Ellis going on a talk show?
2. Why does Enid try to track down a childhood record?
3. When Enid goes to Josh's apartment alone, what happens?
4. How does Rebecca respond when she learns that Enid wants to go to college?
5. Why does Enid love Hubba Hubba?
6. When Enid's father tries to offer comfort when she is crying, how does Enid respond?
7. John Ellis makes fun of Enid about what?
8. What do Rebecca and Enid make fun of, once they are at Hubba Hubba?
9. Why do Enid and Rebecca leave a message for "Bearded Windbreaker"?
10. Why are Enid and Rebecca horrified when Melorra suggests they should hang out with her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay supporting or refuting the following statement, citing examples from the text: Enid is in love with Rebecca, on more than a friendship level.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay examining the deterioration of the friendship between Rebecca and Enid. Use the following questions as prompts.
1) At the beginning of "Ghost World", what was the relationship between Rebecca and Enid?
2) What were some factors that drove Rebecca and Enid apart?
3) Why did Rebecca and Enid choose to stop being friends, in spite of their history?
Essay Topic 3
Although she talks about sex frequently, Enid's actual sexual experience is limited. Answer the following questions:
1) What is Enid's experience with sex?
2) Why does Enid claim to be sexually frustrated?
3) What does Enid due to expose herself to sex?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)