|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The two old ladies at Angels remind Enid and Rebecca of whom?
2. In a note, what do Rebecca and Enid accuse Josh of being?
3. According to Enid, what was her only happy childhood memory?
4. What type of music is playing at Hubba Hubba's?
5. What are desserts called at Hubba Hubba?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Enid and Rebecca leave a message for "Bearded Windbreaker"?
2. Once Enid takes the college entry test, what are the next steps in the college entry process?
3. After kissing Josh, Enid pretends to feel what for him, in front of Rebecca?
4. When Enid's father tries to offer comfort when she is crying, how does Enid respond?
5. Why does Enid love Hubba Hubba?
6. John Ellis makes fun of Enid about what?
7. Why is John Ellis going on a talk show?
8. Why does Rebecca begin to get upset when Enid starts incorporating vocabulary words into her speech patterns?
9. What unusual family dynamic did Enid grow up with and how did it affect her?
10. Why does Enid assume "Norman" is crazy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
At the beginning of "Ghost World", Rebecca and Enid spend much of their time making fun of other people. They do this to create an emotional detachment from their relationships and the world around them. Write an essay examining this idea of emotional detachment as a coping strategy, taking a stand on why the girls choose to live their life in this fashion.
Essay Topic 2
Physical appearance is a significant part of Enid's life. Create a stance of what appearance represents to Enid, citing examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay supporting or refuting the following statement, citing examples from the text: Enid is in love with Rebecca, on more than a friendship level.
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)