|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The two old ladies at Angels remind Enid and Rebecca of whom?
2. When Enid calls Bob Skeetes for the second time, why is she unable to leave a message?
3. Rebecca accuses Enid of lying about what?
4. In Chapter Six, what significant event surrounds the bus stop?
5. Just before kissing him, what does Enid tell Josh?
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter Three, Enid complains that guys never ask her or Rebecca out. Write an essay examining the reasons Enid and Rebecca may not be attracting these invitations, citing examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
There are several instances within "Ghost World" where older men make inappropriate remarks to Enid. Examine the following questions:
1) What are some examples of this inappropriate behavior?
2) Why does this happen?
3) How does Enid respond to these remarks?
Essay Topic 3
The battle between joining the corporate world and remaining on the fringe of society is a prominent theme in "Ghost World". Write an essay examining this theme in the graphic novel and how the various characters are affected by this.
This section contains 1,030 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)