|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Rebecca accuses Enid of lying about what?
2. How long did "Bearded Windbreaker" wait at the diner?
3. At the beginning of Chapter Five, what type of joke does Enid tell?
4. What type of music is playing at Hubba Hubba's?
5. What term do the girls use to describe Melorra in Chapter Seven?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are Enid and Rebecca horrified when Melorra suggests they should hang out with her?
2. Why does Enid love Hubba Hubba?
3. What is the atmosphere like in Hubba Hubba?
4. When Enid's father tries to offer comfort when she is crying, how does Enid respond?
5. Why does Rebecca begin to get upset when Enid starts incorporating vocabulary words into her speech patterns?
6. Why does Enid assume "Norman" is crazy?
7. After kissing Josh, Enid pretends to feel what for him, in front of Rebecca?
8. in Chapter Six, why are Enid and Rebecca disappointed with Angels?
9. Why is it ironic that Rebecca worries about "some creep" falling in love with her?
10. How does Rebecca respond when she learns that Enid wants to go to college?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Enid chooses to go to college, she hides this information from Rebecca. Write an essay examining why Enid chooses to hide this information and how it affects her friendship with Rebecca.
Essay Topic 2
In "Ghost World", Enid is right on the cusp between being a girl and being a woman. Sometimes, she clings to her past. Other times, she is quick to run from it. Examine the dichotomy in this relationship, using examples from the text to support your theory.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the relationship between Rebecca and Enid.
1) Why are they friends?
2) What do they have in common?
3) How do they treat each other?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)