|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What crime did Tom, the ex-priest, commit?
2. Rebecca thought Enid was what, as a child?
3. After taking the test, how long will it take Enid to know if she got into Strathmore?
4. What shocking suggestion does Rebecca make, in regards to Enid going to college?
5. According to Enid, what was her only happy childhood memory?
Short Essay Questions
1. John Ellis makes fun of Enid about what?
2. Why is John Ellis going on a talk show?
3. What is the atmosphere like in Hubba Hubba?
4. Why is Enid ambivalent on politics?
5. Why does Enid love Hubba Hubba?
6. in Chapter Six, why are Enid and Rebecca disappointed with Angels?
7. What unusual family dynamic did Enid grow up with and how did it affect her?
8. Once Enid takes the college entry test, what are the next steps in the college entry process?
9. Why does Enid assume "Norman" is crazy?
10. Why does Rebecca begin to get upset when Enid starts incorporating vocabulary words into her speech patterns?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay supporting or refuting the following statement, citing examples from the text: Enid is in love with Rebecca, on more than a friendship level.
Essay Topic 2
At the beginning of "Ghost World", Rebecca and Enid spend much of their time making fun of other people. They do this to create an emotional detachment from their relationships and the world around them. Write an essay examining this idea of emotional detachment as a coping strategy, taking a stand on why the girls choose to live their life in this fashion.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay examining the deterioration of the friendship between Rebecca and Enid. Use the following questions as prompts.
1) At the beginning of "Ghost World", what was the relationship between Rebecca and Enid?
2) What were some factors that drove Rebecca and Enid apart?
3) Why did Rebecca and Enid choose to stop being friends, in spite of their history?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)