|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Melorra asks Enid what she has been up to, Enid says she has been doing what?
2. When Enid shows up at Josh's apartment alone for the first time, he offers her a what?
3. What type of car does Enid buy?
4. When Enid's father tries to talk to her about being upset, she blames what as the cause?
5. Since Enid and Josh kissed, Rebecca is convinced that Josh what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Rebecca respond when she learns that Enid wants to go to college?
2. Why is Enid ambivalent on politics?
3. When Enid goes to Josh's apartment alone, what happens?
4. Why does Rebecca feel betrayed when she learns Enid plans to go to college?
5. What is the atmosphere like in Hubba Hubba?
6. After kissing Josh, Enid pretends to feel what for him, in front of Rebecca?
7. Why are Enid and Rebecca horrified when Melorra suggests they should hang out with her?
8. Why is John Ellis going on a talk show?
9. in Chapter Six, why are Enid and Rebecca disappointed with Angels?
10. Why did Enid give the nickname "Norman" to the man always waiting at the bus stop?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are several instances within "Ghost World" where older men make inappropriate remarks to Enid. Examine the following questions:
1) What are some examples of this inappropriate behavior?
2) Why does this happen?
3) How does Enid respond to these remarks?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the relationship between Rebecca and Enid.
1) Why are they friends?
2) What do they have in common?
3) How do they treat each other?
Essay Topic 3
Enid and Rebecca claim to have a friendship with Josh but their behavior towards him is often derogatory. Write an essay examining how Josh is treated by Rebecca and Enid, citing examples from the text.
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)