|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the "Bearded Windbreaker" find attractive about the woman in the missed connection?
2. At the beginning of Chapter Five, what type of joke does Enid tell?
3. How do Rebecca and Enid feel after tricking "Bearded Windbreaker"?
4. Why do Rebecca and Enid read the personals?
5. Rebecca and Enid think homeless people asking for money are what?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Enid's father tries to offer comfort when she is crying, how does Enid respond?
2. Why does Enid take driving lessons?
3. What do Rebecca and Enid make fun of, once they are at Hubba Hubba?
4. Why do Rebecca and Enid go to Josh's apartment to watch the talk show John Ellis is on?
5. When Enid goes to Josh's apartment alone, what happens?
6. Why does Enid try to track down a childhood record?
7. Why does Enid assume "Norman" is crazy?
8. Why does Rebecca feel betrayed when she learns Enid plans to go to college?
9. Why is it ironic that Rebecca worries about "some creep" falling in love with her?
10. in Chapter Six, why are Enid and Rebecca disappointed with Angels?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The battle between joining the corporate world and remaining on the fringe of society is a prominent theme in "Ghost World". Write an essay examining this theme in the graphic novel and how the various characters are affected by this.
Essay Topic 2
In "Ghost World", many taboo topics are approached with dark humor. Select one of these taboo topics and write a brief essay on the aspects of the topic that are discussed and their impact on the girls.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay examining the deterioration of the friendship between Rebecca and Enid. Use the following questions as prompts.
1) At the beginning of "Ghost World", what was the relationship between Rebecca and Enid?
2) What were some factors that drove Rebecca and Enid apart?
3) Why did Rebecca and Enid choose to stop being friends, in spite of their history?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)