|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Josh thought "Bearded Windbreaker" said what to them?
2. Rebecca thought Enid was what, as a child?
3. What does a little old man buy for his wife that Enid thinks is "so cute"?
4. In Chapter Six, Rebecca is scared Enid will what?
5. By Chapter Eight, Part One, Angels has become what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Enid give the nickname "Norman" to the man always waiting at the bus stop?
2. Why are Enid and Rebecca horrified when Melorra suggests they should hang out with her?
3. Why does Rebecca feel betrayed when she learns Enid plans to go to college?
4. Why do Rebecca and Enid go to Josh's apartment to watch the talk show John Ellis is on?
5. What is the atmosphere like in Hubba Hubba?
6. Why do Enid and Rebecca leave a message for "Bearded Windbreaker"?
7. How does Rebecca respond when she learns that Enid wants to go to college?
8. Why does Rebecca begin to get upset when Enid starts incorporating vocabulary words into her speech patterns?
9. After kissing Josh, Enid pretends to feel what for him, in front of Rebecca?
10. in Chapter Six, why are Enid and Rebecca disappointed with Angels?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Enid often plays practical jokes on others in "Ghost World". These jokes, although hilarious to her, are hurtful to others. Choose one of the practical jokes Enid participated in and answer the following questions:
1) What was the practical joke Enid played and why?
2) How did affect the other character?
3) How did it affect her?
Essay Topic 2
The battle between joining the corporate world and remaining on the fringe of society is a prominent theme in "Ghost World". Write an essay examining this theme in the graphic novel and how the various characters are affected by this.
Essay Topic 3
Enid and Rebecca claim to have a friendship with Josh but their behavior towards him is often derogatory. Write an essay examining how Josh is treated by Rebecca and Enid, citing examples from the text.
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)