|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Enid describes a fetus as what?
2. What does a little old man buy for his wife that Enid thinks is "so cute"?
3. In Chapter Six, Rebecca is scared Enid will what?
4. Rebecca makes fun of Enid because she never learned how to do what?
5. Who does Enid hide from on the way home from the record store?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Enid's fight with Rebecca, Enid's father does what to try and cheer Enid?
2. Why does Rebecca begin to get upset when Enid starts incorporating vocabulary words into her speech patterns?
3. Why does Enid love Hubba Hubba?
4. Why is it ironic that Rebecca worries about "some creep" falling in love with her?
5. What unusual family dynamic did Enid grow up with and how did it affect her?
6. Once Enid takes the college entry test, what are the next steps in the college entry process?
7. Why do Enid and Rebecca leave a message for "Bearded Windbreaker"?
8. Why do Rebecca and Enid go to Josh's apartment to watch the talk show John Ellis is on?
9. How does Rebecca respond when she learns that Enid wants to go to college?
10. John Ellis makes fun of Enid about what?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Enid has several odd relationship with men throughout "Ghost World". Examine the relationship between Enid and one of the following characters, using examples from the text.
1) Enid and Josh.
2) Enid and Bob Skeetes.
3) Enid and her father.
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay supporting or refuting the following statement, citing examples from the text: Enid is in love with Rebecca, on more than a friendship level.
Essay Topic 3
When Enid bumps into John Crowley, he berates her for continuing to live her life outside of the corporate world.
1) Who is John Crowley? What is his relationship to Enid?
2) Who was John Crowley? Who is he now?
3) Why does John Crowley want Enid to follow in his footsteps?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)