|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After taking the test, how long will it take Enid to know if she got into Strathmore?
2. What are Rebecca and Enid looking at in the beginning of Chapter Seven?
3. Rebecca thinks she is putting more what into the friendship with Enid?
4. Enid gets upset when her dad has a date with whom?
5. What does Enid's father refer to her and Rebecca as?
Essay Topic 1
When Enid hosts a garage sale, she is unwilling to sell one of her favorite childhood toys to a man she doesn't like but is quick to abandon the sale, leaving everything at risk for theft.
1) Why was Enid unwilling to sell "Goofie Gus"?
2) How might the struggle against this emotional detachment result in abandoning the sale?
3) Why does Enid run home at the end of the day, hoping nothing has been stolen from her sale?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the relationship between Rebecca and Enid.
1) Why are they friends?
2) What do they have in common?
3) How do they treat each other?
Essay Topic 3
In "Ghost World", many taboo topics are approached with dark humor. Select one of these taboo topics and write a brief essay on the aspects of the topic that are discussed and their impact on the girls.
This section contains 994 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)