|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Rebecca want Naomi to know about her sexual experience?
2. Why does Enid want to go to Angels during her garage sale?
3. On the night Enid mocks Rebecca for owning a trendy magazine, a televised comedian makes what type of jokes?
4. Enid believes large breasts promote what?
5. What did John Crowley once paint on the car belonging to Enid's father?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Enid share the story of Rebecca's virginity with others?
2. What did Enid think about while having sex with Alan Weinstein?
3. Why does Enid refuse to sell "Goofie Gus" at her yard sale?
4. What does John Crowley plan to do with his life?
5. At Angels, what does the old man with John Ellis show to Enid and how does she respond to this?
6. Why do boys fail to ask Enid or Rebecca out?
7. How does Enid respond to Rebecca's teasing regarding John Ellis?
8. Why is Josh embarrassed to be inside the sex shop with Enid?
9. Why does Enid wear a mask in Chapter Four?
10. Why does Josh go to the sex shop with Enid?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
"Ghost World" is a novel rich with irony. Write a brief essay examining the use of irony in "Ghost World", citing at least three examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
In "Ghost World", Enid is right on the cusp between being a girl and being a woman. Sometimes, she clings to her past. Other times, she is quick to run from it. Examine the dichotomy in this relationship, using examples from the text to support your theory.
Essay Topic 3
When Enid bumps into John Crowley, he berates her for continuing to live her life outside of the corporate world.
1) Who is John Crowley? What is his relationship to Enid?
2) Who was John Crowley? Who is he now?
3) Why does John Crowley want Enid to follow in his footsteps?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)