Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is "Goofie Gus"?
2. What does Melorra do for a living?
3. What sarcastic remark does Rebecca make about John Crowley?
4. In Melorra's commercial, what does she say about voting?
5. What type of message does Enid leave on Bob Skeetes' answering machine?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Rebecca feel betrayed when she learns Enid plans to go to college?
2. What is Rebecca's response to Enid's suggestion that they become lesbians?
3. How does Enid respond to Rebecca's teasing regarding John Ellis?
4. When Enid goes to Josh's apartment alone, what happens?
5. Why is Enid ambivalent on politics?
6. What did Enid think about while having sex with Alan Weinstein?
7. Why does Enid wear a mask in Chapter Four?
8. What does Enid do at the end of "Ghost World"?
9. Why does Rebecca begin to get upset when Enid starts incorporating vocabulary words into her speech patterns?
10. Why did Enid give the nickname "Norman" to the man always waiting at the bus stop?
The relationship between Josh, Enid and Rebecca becomes complicated. Take a stance on why Josh chooses to date Rebecca, in spite of his obvious affection for Enid, citing examples from the text.
When Enid hosts a garage sale, she is unwilling to sell one of her favorite childhood toys to a man she doesn't like but is quick to abandon the sale, leaving everything at risk for theft.
1) Why was Enid unwilling to sell "Goofie Gus"?
2) How might the struggle against this emotional detachment result in abandoning the sale?
3) Why does Enid run home at the end of the day, hoping nothing has been stolen from her sale?
Examine the relationship between Rebecca and Enid.
1) Why are they friends?
2) What do they have in common?
3) How do they treat each other?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)