|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Bob Skeetes buy at the garage sale?
2. Whose business card does Enid find in her pocket?
3. Why does Enid run home at the end of Chapter Two?
4. What type of pictures does John Ellis's creepy companion show Enid?
5. What did Enid's father change their last name to?
Short Essay Questions
1. At Angels, Enid makes up stories about the Satanist couple. Who else does this and what does Enid think of him?
2. Why does Josh go to the sex shop with Enid?
3. Why does Enid claim the cookie box is pornographic?
4. Why does Enid claim to dislike the magazine Rebecca is reading at the beginning of Chapter One?
5. Why did Enid once think it would be romantic to be a prostitute?
6. Why does Enid constantly insult boys that Rebecca likes?
7. Why does Enid refuse to sell "Goofie Gus" at her yard sale?
8. How does Enid respond to Rebecca's teasing regarding John Ellis?
9. Why is Enid entertained by following the Satanists in the grocery store?
10. When Melorra gives bad news regarding Carrie Vandenburg, how do Rebecca and Enid feel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the relationship between Rebecca and Enid.
1) Why are they friends?
2) What do they have in common?
3) How do they treat each other?
Essay Topic 2
Although she talks about sex frequently, Enid's actual sexual experience is limited. Answer the following questions:
1) What is Enid's experience with sex?
2) Why does Enid claim to be sexually frustrated?
3) What does Enid due to expose herself to sex?
Essay Topic 3
When Enid hosts a garage sale, she is unwilling to sell one of her favorite childhood toys to a man she doesn't like but is quick to abandon the sale, leaving everything at risk for theft.
1) Why was Enid unwilling to sell "Goofie Gus"?
2) How might the struggle against this emotional detachment result in abandoning the sale?
3) Why does Enid run home at the end of the day, hoping nothing has been stolen from her sale?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)