|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rebecca's last name?
2. How much does a dual breakfast cost at Angels?
3. The day of Enid's garage sale, she watches television with Rebecca and whom?
4. What is wrong with Carrie Vandenurg's beauty mark?
5. What type of music did Allen Weinstein like in high school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does John Crowley plan to do with his life?
2. How does Enid respond to Rebecca's teasing regarding John Ellis?
3. Why does Enid share the story of Rebecca's virginity with others?
4. At Angels, what does the old man with John Ellis show to Enid and how does she respond to this?
5. When Melorra bumps into Rebecca and Enid, why does she annoy them?
6. What is Rebecca's response to Enid's suggestion that they become lesbians?
7. When Melorra gives bad news regarding Carrie Vandenburg, how do Rebecca and Enid feel?
8. When Rebecca and Enid judge the comedian who tells macabre jokes, is this unusual behavior for the two girls?
9. Why is Enid entertained by following the Satanists in the grocery store?
10. Why does Josh go to the sex shop with Enid?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Enid bumps into John Crowley, he berates her for continuing to live her life outside of the corporate world.
1) Who is John Crowley? What is his relationship to Enid?
2) Who was John Crowley? Who is he now?
3) Why does John Crowley want Enid to follow in his footsteps?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay examining the deterioration of the friendship between Rebecca and Enid. Use the following questions as prompts.
1) At the beginning of "Ghost World", what was the relationship between Rebecca and Enid?
2) What were some factors that drove Rebecca and Enid apart?
3) Why did Rebecca and Enid choose to stop being friends, in spite of their history?
Essay Topic 3
"Ghost World" is a novel rich with irony. Write a brief essay examining the use of irony in "Ghost World", citing at least three examples from the text.
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)