Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is "Goofie Gus"?
2. What does Melorra do for a living?
3. What sarcastic remark does Rebecca make about John Crowley?
4. In Melorra's commercial, what does she say about voting?
5. What type of message does Enid leave on Bob Skeetes' answering machine?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Rebecca feel betrayed when she learns Enid plans to go to college?
2. What is Rebecca's response to Enid's suggestion that they become lesbians?
3. How does Enid respond to Rebecca's teasing regarding John Ellis?
4. When Enid goes to Josh's apartment alone, what happens?
5. Why is Enid ambivalent on politics?
6. What did Enid think about while having sex with Alan Weinstein?
7. Why does Enid wear a mask in Chapter Four?
8. What does Enid do at the end of "Ghost World"?
9. Why does Rebecca begin to get upset when Enid starts incorporating vocabulary words into her speech patterns?
10. Why did Enid give the nickname "Norman" to the man always waiting at the bus stop?
Labels play a prominent role in Enid's life. Whether using labels to define others or define herself, Enid is quick to categorize many aspects of her life this way. Write an essay examining whether or not this obsession with labels limit Enid's world, supporting your theory with examples from the text.
There are several instances within "Ghost World" where older men make inappropriate remarks to Enid. Examine the following questions:
1) What are some examples of this inappropriate behavior?
2) Why does this happen?
3) How does Enid respond to these remarks?
The relationship between Josh, Enid and Rebecca becomes complicated. Take a stance on why Josh chooses to date Rebecca, in spite of his obvious affection for Enid, citing examples from the text.
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)