|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Three, Enid suggests she and Rebecca should be what?
2. What surprising fact did Enid learn about Allen Weinstein from his love letter?
3. When was Enid born?
4. How much does a dual breakfast cost at Angels?
5. On the night Enid mocks Rebecca for owning a trendy magazine, a televised comedian makes what type of jokes?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Enid make fun of the type of girls who read fashion magazines?
2. Why does Enid struggle with her new look?
3. Bob Skeetes spends an excessive amount of time at Enid's yard sale, then tries to do what?
4. When Melorra gives bad news regarding Carrie Vandenburg, how do Rebecca and Enid feel?
5. Why does Josh go to the sex shop with Enid?
6. When Rebecca and Enid judge the comedian who tells macabre jokes, is this unusual behavior for the two girls?
7. How does Enid respond to Rebecca's teasing regarding John Ellis?
8. Why do Enid and Rebecca panic when Carrie says "Hi," to them?
9. What is Rebecca's response to Enid's suggestion that they become lesbians?
10. Why does Enid constantly insult boys that Rebecca likes?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Labels play a prominent role in Enid's life. Whether using labels to define others or define herself, Enid is quick to categorize many aspects of her life this way. Write an essay examining whether or not this obsession with labels limit Enid's world, supporting your theory with examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
Enid has several odd relationship with men throughout "Ghost World". Examine the relationship between Enid and one of the following characters, using examples from the text.
1) Enid and Josh.
2) Enid and Bob Skeetes.
3) Enid and her father.
Essay Topic 3
When Enid chooses to go to college, she hides this information from Rebecca. Write an essay examining why Enid chooses to hide this information and how it affects her friendship with Rebecca.
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)