|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Enid attempt to fantasize about in Chapter Three?
2. What is Rebecca's last name?
3. John Ellis's creepy friend is a former what?
4. Why does Enid give Rebecca a hard time about the trendy magazine she owns?
5. What is "Goofie Gus"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Enid suggest that large breasts result in what type of personality?
2. Bob Skeetes spends an excessive amount of time at Enid's yard sale, then tries to do what?
3. Why does Enid struggle with her new look?
4. Why does Enid make fun of the type of girls who read fashion magazines?
5. Why does Enid claim to dislike the magazine Rebecca is reading at the beginning of Chapter One?
6. Why does Enid refer to the comedian on television as their god?
7. When Melorra gives bad news regarding Carrie Vandenburg, how do Rebecca and Enid feel?
8. Why is Enid entertained by following the Satanists in the grocery store?
9. Why is Enid relieved to find "Goofie Gus" has not been stolen?
10. How does Enid feel about the prospect of spending time with Bob Skeetes?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Enid bumps into John Crowley, he berates her for continuing to live her life outside of the corporate world.
1) Who is John Crowley? What is his relationship to Enid?
2) Who was John Crowley? Who is he now?
3) Why does John Crowley want Enid to follow in his footsteps?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay examining the deterioration of the friendship between Rebecca and Enid. Use the following questions as prompts.
1) At the beginning of "Ghost World", what was the relationship between Rebecca and Enid?
2) What were some factors that drove Rebecca and Enid apart?
3) Why did Rebecca and Enid choose to stop being friends, in spite of their history?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the relationship between Rebecca and Enid.
1) Why are they friends?
2) What do they have in common?
3) How do they treat each other?
This section contains 809 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)