Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is "Goofie Gus"?
2. What does Melorra do for a living?
3. What sarcastic remark does Rebecca make about John Crowley?
4. In Melorra's commercial, what does she say about voting?
5. What type of message does Enid leave on Bob Skeetes' answering machine?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Rebecca feel betrayed when she learns Enid plans to go to college?
2. What is Rebecca's response to Enid's suggestion that they become lesbians?
3. How does Enid respond to Rebecca's teasing regarding John Ellis?
4. When Enid goes to Josh's apartment alone, what happens?
5. Why is Enid ambivalent on politics?
6. What did Enid think about while having sex with Alan Weinstein?
7. Why does Enid wear a mask in Chapter Four?
8. What does Enid do at the end of "Ghost World"?
9. Why does Rebecca begin to get upset when Enid starts incorporating vocabulary words into her speech patterns?
10. Why did Enid give the nickname "Norman" to the man always waiting at the bus stop?
Essay Topic 1
Although she talks about sex frequently, Enid's actual sexual experience is limited. Answer the following questions:
1) What is Enid's experience with sex?
2) Why does Enid claim to be sexually frustrated?
3) What does Enid due to expose herself to sex?
Essay Topic 2
Enid and Rebecca claim to have a friendship with Josh but their behavior towards him is often derogatory. Write an essay examining how Josh is treated by Rebecca and Enid, citing examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
When Enid bumps into John Crowley, he berates her for continuing to live her life outside of the corporate world.
1) Who is John Crowley? What is his relationship to Enid?
2) Who was John Crowley? Who is he now?
3) Why does John Crowley want Enid to follow in his footsteps?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)