|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is "Goofie Gus"?
2. How much did Enid plan to sell "Goofie Gus" for?
3. How long was the love letter Allen Weinstein wrote to Enid?
4. In Chapter Four, Rebecca is upset that Enid did what without her?
5. After Enid mentions plans to go see a certain author, Rebecca claims to hate what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Enid constantly insult boys that Rebecca likes?
2. Why does Enid refuse to sell "Goofie Gus" at her yard sale?
3. Why does Rebecca joke that Enid wants to have a sexual relationship with John Ellis?
4. Why does Enid wear a mask in Chapter Four?
5. What does John Crowley plan to do with his life?
6. Why does Enid claim to dislike the magazine Rebecca is reading at the beginning of Chapter One?
7. How does Enid respond to Rebecca's teasing regarding John Ellis?
8. When Rebecca and Enid judge the comedian who tells macabre jokes, is this unusual behavior for the two girls?
9. Why does Josh go to the sex shop with Enid?
10. Why do boys fail to ask Enid or Rebecca out?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Enid bumps into John Crowley, he berates her for continuing to live her life outside of the corporate world.
1) Who is John Crowley? What is his relationship to Enid?
2) Who was John Crowley? Who is he now?
3) Why does John Crowley want Enid to follow in his footsteps?
Essay Topic 2
Enid and Rebecca claim to have a friendship with Josh but their behavior towards him is often derogatory. Write an essay examining how Josh is treated by Rebecca and Enid, citing examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Physical appearance is a significant part of Enid's life. Create a stance of what appearance represents to Enid, citing examples from the text.
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)