Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is "Goofie Gus"?
2. What does Melorra do for a living?
3. What sarcastic remark does Rebecca make about John Crowley?
4. In Melorra's commercial, what does she say about voting?
5. What type of message does Enid leave on Bob Skeetes' answering machine?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Rebecca feel betrayed when she learns Enid plans to go to college?
2. What is Rebecca's response to Enid's suggestion that they become lesbians?
3. How does Enid respond to Rebecca's teasing regarding John Ellis?
4. When Enid goes to Josh's apartment alone, what happens?
5. Why is Enid ambivalent on politics?
6. What did Enid think about while having sex with Alan Weinstein?
7. Why does Enid wear a mask in Chapter Four?
8. What does Enid do at the end of "Ghost World"?
9. Why does Rebecca begin to get upset when Enid starts incorporating vocabulary words into her speech patterns?
10. Why did Enid give the nickname "Norman" to the man always waiting at the bus stop?
Enid often plays practical jokes on others in "Ghost World". These jokes, although hilarious to her, are hurtful to others. Choose one of the practical jokes Enid participated in and answer the following questions:
1) What was the practical joke Enid played and why?
2) How did affect the other character?
3) How did it affect her?
Write an essay supporting or refuting the following statement, citing examples from the text: Enid is in love with Rebecca, on more than a friendship level.
When Enid chooses to go to college, she hides this information from Rebecca. Write an essay examining why Enid chooses to hide this information and how it affects her friendship with Rebecca.
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)