|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Enid tells John Crowley she might attend what school?
2. Why does Enid give Rebecca a hard time about the trendy magazine she owns?
3. At the beginning of Chapter Four, Rebecca suggests Enid has gone to what?
4. After watching her commercial, Rebecca and Enid make fun of Melorra's what?
5. What did Bob Skeetes buy at the garage sale?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Rebecca begin to get upset when Enid starts incorporating vocabulary words into her speech patterns?
2. Why do boys fail to ask Enid or Rebecca out?
3. What did Enid think about while having sex with Alan Weinstein?
4. Why does Enid assume "Norman" is crazy?
5. Why does Enid love Hubba Hubba?
6. How does Enid feel about getting rejected from Strathmore?
7. Why does Enid refuse to sell "Goofie Gus" at her yard sale?
8. Why does Enid want to be a "totally different person"?
9. Why does Rebecca feel betrayed when she learns Enid plans to go to college?
10. Why did Enid give the nickname "Norman" to the man always waiting at the bus stop?
Essay Topic 1
Enid and Rebecca claim to have a friendship with Josh but their behavior towards him is often derogatory. Write an essay examining how Josh is treated by Rebecca and Enid, citing examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter Three, Enid complains that guys never ask her or Rebecca out. Write an essay examining the reasons Enid and Rebecca may not be attracting these invitations, citing examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
The relationship between Josh, Enid and Rebecca becomes complicated. Take a stance on why Josh chooses to date Rebecca, in spite of his obvious affection for Enid, citing examples from the text.
This section contains 1,525 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)