|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sarcastic remark does Rebecca make about John Crowley?
2. What does a patron fantasize about, in reference to the Satanist couple?
3. At Angels, what are the Satanists carrying the night Enid notices them for the first time?
4. What does Allen Weinstein's mother do for a living?
5. Enid believes large breasts promote what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Enid believed Alan Weinstein was into the hippie culture due to what?
2. When Rebecca and Enid judge the comedian who tells macabre jokes, is this unusual behavior for the two girls?
3. What does John Crowley plan to do with his life?
4. Why is Josh embarrassed to be inside the sex shop with Enid?
5. Why do Enid and Rebecca panic when Carrie says "Hi," to them?
6. Why does Enid suggest that large breasts result in what type of personality?
7. Why do boys fail to ask Enid or Rebecca out?
8. Why does Enid claim the cookie box is pornographic?
9. Bob Skeetes spends an excessive amount of time at Enid's yard sale, then tries to do what?
10. At Angels, Enid makes up stories about the Satanist couple. Who else does this and what does Enid think of him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Enid often plays practical jokes on others in "Ghost World". These jokes, although hilarious to her, are hurtful to others. Choose one of the practical jokes Enid participated in and answer the following questions:
1) What was the practical joke Enid played and why?
2) How did affect the other character?
3) How did it affect her?
Essay Topic 2
When Enid hosts a garage sale, she is unwilling to sell one of her favorite childhood toys to a man she doesn't like but is quick to abandon the sale, leaving everything at risk for theft.
1) Why was Enid unwilling to sell "Goofie Gus"?
2) How might the struggle against this emotional detachment result in abandoning the sale?
3) Why does Enid run home at the end of the day, hoping nothing has been stolen from her sale?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the relationship between Rebecca and Enid.
1) Why are they friends?
2) What do they have in common?
3) How do they treat each other?
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)