|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What place does Enid convince Josh to take her?
2. What does Allen Weinstein's mother do for a living?
3. How much did Enid plan to sell "Goofie Gus" for?
4. How old was Enid when she lost her virginity?
5. Enid changes her style to what type of look?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Enid and Rebecca panic when Carrie says "Hi," to them?
2. When Melorra bumps into Rebecca and Enid, why does she annoy them?
3. How does Enid respond to Rebecca's teasing regarding John Ellis?
4. What does John Crowley plan to do with his life?
5. Why does Enid claim the cookie box is pornographic?
6. Why does Enid share the story of Rebecca's virginity with others?
7. Enid believed Alan Weinstein was into the hippie culture due to what?
8. What is Rebecca's response to Enid's suggestion that they become lesbians?
9. Why did Enid once think it would be romantic to be a prostitute?
10. When Rebecca and Enid judge the comedian who tells macabre jokes, is this unusual behavior for the two girls?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
"Ghost World" is a novel rich with irony. Write a brief essay examining the use of irony in "Ghost World", citing at least three examples from the text.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter Three, Enid complains that guys never ask her or Rebecca out. Write an essay examining the reasons Enid and Rebecca may not be attracting these invitations, citing examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Enid often plays practical jokes on others in "Ghost World". These jokes, although hilarious to her, are hurtful to others. Choose one of the practical jokes Enid participated in and answer the following questions:
1) What was the practical joke Enid played and why?
2) How did affect the other character?
3) How did it affect her?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)