|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does John Ellis call Rebecca?
2. Enid describes Bob Skeetes' tan' as what?
3. The day of Enid's garage sale, she watches television with Rebecca and whom?
4. According to Enid, the comedian looks like Rebecca's what?
5. Following Enid's garage sale, what time do Enid and Rebecca get to Angels?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Rebecca's response to Enid's suggestion that they become lesbians?
2. What did Enid think about while having sex with Alan Weinstein?
3. Why does Enid wear a mask in Chapter Four?
4. Why does Enid claim the cookie box is pornographic?
5. Why does Enid suggest that large breasts result in what type of personality?
6. Bob Skeetes spends an excessive amount of time at Enid's yard sale, then tries to do what?
7. When Melorra gives bad news regarding Carrie Vandenburg, how do Rebecca and Enid feel?
8. How does Enid feel about the prospect of spending time with Bob Skeetes?
9. Why does Enid refer to the comedian on television as their god?
10. Why does Rebecca joke that Enid wants to have a sexual relationship with John Ellis?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Although she talks about sex frequently, Enid's actual sexual experience is limited. Answer the following questions:
1) What is Enid's experience with sex?
2) Why does Enid claim to be sexually frustrated?
3) What does Enid due to expose herself to sex?
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter Three, Enid complains that guys never ask her or Rebecca out. Write an essay examining the reasons Enid and Rebecca may not be attracting these invitations, citing examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
The battle between joining the corporate world and remaining on the fringe of society is a prominent theme in "Ghost World". Write an essay examining this theme in the graphic novel and how the various characters are affected by this.
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)