|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Two, what is Enid's complaint about a box of cookies?
2. What is Rebecca's last name?
3. Enid describes Bob Skeetes' tan' as what?
4. Whose business card does Enid find in her pocket?
5. What drug did Allen Weinstein do a lot of in high school?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Melorra gives bad news regarding Carrie Vandenburg, how do Rebecca and Enid feel?
2. Why did Enid once think it would be romantic to be a prostitute?
3. What did Enid think about while having sex with Alan Weinstein?
4. Why does Enid suggest that large breasts result in what type of personality?
5. When Enid goes to Josh's apartment alone, what happens?
6. Why do Enid and Rebecca panic when Carrie says "Hi," to them?
7. Once Enid takes the college entry test, what are the next steps in the college entry process?
8. Why does Enid want to be a "totally different person"?
9. Why is it ironic that Rebecca worries about "some creep" falling in love with her?
10. Why do boys fail to ask Enid or Rebecca out?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
At the beginning of "Ghost World", Rebecca and Enid spend much of their time making fun of other people. They do this to create an emotional detachment from their relationships and the world around them. Write an essay examining this idea of emotional detachment as a coping strategy, taking a stand on why the girls choose to live their life in this fashion.
Essay Topic 2
"Ghost World" is a novel rich with irony. Write a brief essay examining the use of irony in "Ghost World", citing at least three examples from the text.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay examining the deterioration of the friendship between Rebecca and Enid. Use the following questions as prompts.
1) At the beginning of "Ghost World", what was the relationship between Rebecca and Enid?
2) What were some factors that drove Rebecca and Enid apart?
3) Why did Rebecca and Enid choose to stop being friends, in spite of their history?
This section contains 1,523 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)