|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Enid tells John Crowley she might attend what school?
2. According to Enid, what type of haircut does the guy have who wants to buy "Goofie Gus"?
3. What does Bob Skeetes offer Enid at her garage sale?
4. What did Bob Skeetes buy at the garage sale?
5. Why does Enid refuse to sell "Goofie Gus" to the man who wants to buy it?
Short Essay Questions
1. At Angels, what does the old man with John Ellis show to Enid and how does she respond to this?
2. How does Enid feel about the prospect of spending time with Bob Skeetes?
3. Why is Josh embarrassed to be inside the sex shop with Enid?
4. At Angels, Enid makes up stories about the Satanist couple. Who else does this and what does Enid think of him?
5. Enid believed Alan Weinstein was into the hippie culture due to what?
6. Why is Enid entertained by following the Satanists in the grocery store?
7. Why do boys fail to ask Enid or Rebecca out?
8. Why does Enid refer to the comedian on television as their god?
9. Why does Enid claim to dislike the magazine Rebecca is reading at the beginning of Chapter One?
10. Why do Enid and Rebecca panic when Carrie says "Hi," to them?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Enid often plays practical jokes on others in "Ghost World". These jokes, although hilarious to her, are hurtful to others. Choose one of the practical jokes Enid participated in and answer the following questions:
1) What was the practical joke Enid played and why?
2) How did affect the other character?
3) How did it affect her?
Essay Topic 2
When Enid hosts a garage sale, she is unwilling to sell one of her favorite childhood toys to a man she doesn't like but is quick to abandon the sale, leaving everything at risk for theft.
1) Why was Enid unwilling to sell "Goofie Gus"?
2) How might the struggle against this emotional detachment result in abandoning the sale?
3) Why does Enid run home at the end of the day, hoping nothing has been stolen from her sale?
Essay Topic 3
Although she talks about sex frequently, Enid's actual sexual experience is limited. Answer the following questions:
1) What is Enid's experience with sex?
2) Why does Enid claim to be sexually frustrated?
3) What does Enid due to expose herself to sex?
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)