|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter Five, what type of joke does Enid tell?
(c) Knock knock.
2. Who shows up late at night at Josh's apartment in the first part of Chapter Eight, Part One?
(b) The police.
3. In reference to the personals, Enid once said that "DWF" stood for what?
(a) Desperately Wanting Family.
(c) Delightful Women Friend.
4. In Chapter Six, Rebecca is scared Enid will what?
(a) Leave her.
(b) Go to Strathmore.
(c) Get accepted at Strathmore.
(d) All of these.
5. What is type of eatery is Hubba Hubba's?
(a) A steak house.
(b) A 1950s diner.
(c) An ice cream parlor.
(d) A pizzeria.
Short Answer Questions
1. Rebecca and Enid take a trip to see what together?
2. Why do Rebecca and Enid propose to Josh?
3. In Chapter Six, what significant event surrounds the bus stop?
4. What does Enid call John after he insults her for being Jewish?
5. What type of car does Enid buy?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Enid's fight with Rebecca, Enid's father does what to try and cheer Enid?
2. What do Rebecca and Enid make fun of, once they are at Hubba Hubba?
3. What unusual family dynamic did Enid grow up with and how did it affect her?
4. Why is Enid ambivalent on politics?
5. Why does Enid assume "Norman" is crazy?
6. Why does Enid love Hubba Hubba?
7. Why do Enid and Rebecca leave a message for "Bearded Windbreaker"?
8. What is the atmosphere like in Hubba Hubba?
9. How does Rebecca respond when she learns that Enid wants to go to college?
10. John Ellis makes fun of Enid about what?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)