|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Ramzi Yousef born where but his family fled during the Iraq invasion?
2. Yosef and his associates also had plans to hijack a plane and crash it where?
3. By September 1994, which two nations stopped funding activities in Afghanistan?
4. Schroen said the U.S., which left Afghanistan when the Soviet Union dissolved, would return for what reason?
5. When did riots in Islamabad and an attack on the U.S. embassy take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Ahmed Shah Massoud join the Muslim Youth Organization while he was a student at Kabul Polytechnic Institute?
2. From which stations did the CIA maintain the greatest amount of detailed intelligence collected regarding Middle Eastern radical Islamic movements during the early 1990s?
3. How was Yuri Andropov introduced in Ghost Wars?
4. How did Robert Gates view Bill Clinton when he flew to meet the president-elect?
5. How did the Soviets view the war in Afghanistan initially?
6. Why was Khartoum a popular place for energetic CIA case officers to get assigned?
7. How were the Panjshiris seen by 1994?
8. What were the major concerns of the U.S. embassy at Kabul in early 1988?
9. How did the 1994 assassination attempt on bin Laden transpire?
10. How was Abdul Haq introduced?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was the significance when the CIA re-established contact with Ahmed Shah Massoud in September 1996?
Essay Topic 2
What was the new crop of terrorists that American intelligence recognized had emerged by mid-1995?
Essay Topic 3
What was Cull referring to in Chapter 7 when he quoted Frank Anderson as having said, "The Reagan administration had attracted to Washington 'an awful lot of Soldier of Fortune readers'"?
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)