|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Cofer Black became the CIA station chief in which capital city in 1993?
2. Since Pakistan was close to having nuclear capability, American aid ended under what law?
3. The Taliban was initiated with which individual as its leader?
4. By what time had bin Laden moved to Peshawar?
5. How frequently did Casey visit the Saudis and Pakistanis?
Short Essay Questions
1. How had the city of Peshawar evolved by late 1986?
2. Why did Schroen roll the jeep into the lake at the end of Chapter 1?
3. What MiG fighter jet intercept mission of a CIA Predator drone was described in Chapter 29?
4. How did the Prologue to <i>Ghost Wars</i> open?
5. From which stations did the CIA maintain the greatest amount of detailed intelligence collected regarding Middle Eastern radical Islamic movements during the early 1990s?
6. What role had Tom Pickering assumed under Clinton?
7. What was the view of CIA staff members regarding Cofer Black's enthusiastic view for armed Predator drones?
8. How did Haq's relationship with the CIA begin?
9. How had the U.S. intelligence arms switched their focus by 1998?
10. How was Clinton's visit to Pakistan among the strangest that presidential history has to offer?
Essay Topic 1
What was the new secret two-track policy Peter Tomsen finalized toward the Afghan war subsequent to the Soviet troop withdrawal?
Essay Topic 2
What reasonably should have been expected to have been done differently regarding American policy to al-Qaeda during the months that led up to 11 September 2001?
Essay Topic 3
What prompted Arab men to follow Cofer Black toward the end of his tour in Khartoum? What was the outcome?
This section contains 1,401 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)