|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Yosef and his associates also had plans to hijack a plane and crash it where?
2. The Taliban leaders met with Saudi intelligence as they had to learn how to form and operate what?
3. In 1993. the CIA was warned by the State Department envoy in Central Asia that the policy of allowing the Afghans to find their own solution achieved what?
4. Bin Laden had already formed the al-Qaeda and moved his family back to Saudi Arabia in what year?
5. Mir Amal Kasi was from a wealthy Pakistani family near Quetta who worked as a what?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the opening of Chapter 5, what did CIA director William Casey relay to President Ronald Reagan in January 1984?
2. How did the Prologue to Ghost Wars open?
3. How did Peter Tomsen's role differ when he took over the position Ed McWilliams held in late 1989?
4. How did Robert Gates view Bill Clinton when he flew to meet the president-elect?
5. How was Abdul Haq introduced?
6. How was Yuri Andropov introduced in Ghost Wars?
7. Why did Ahmed Shah Massoud join the Muslim Youth Organization while he was a student at Kabul Polytechnic Institute?
8. How did the 1994 assassination attempt on bin Laden transpire?
9. How did the Soviets view the war in Afghanistan initially?
10. How were the rebels trained to clear Soviet-laid minefields around Jalalabad?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did the Hamburg cell evolve?
Essay Topic 2
What were the methods and means employed by this CIA to disrupt, capture, and kill Osama bin Laden subsequent to his return to Afghanistan in the late 1990s?
Essay Topic 3
Why did the Saudis view Abdurrab Rasul Sayyaf as the most important rebel during the war with the Soviets?
This section contains 962 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)