Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was President Zia killed?
2. According to Chapter 10, where did Jallaladin Haqqanni operate near and test weapons and equipment for the CIA?
3. Who was the new Department of State special envoy to the Afghan resistance that served from 1989-1992?
4. Bin Laden was sponsoring jihad in Communist Yemen and opposed the Saudi government when they allowed American troops in to liberate which nation?
5. Since Pakistan was close to having nuclear capability, American aid ended under what law?
Short Essay Questions
1. What joke quickly circulated about James Woolsey, the CIA director, being unable to get an appointment with Clinton?
2. How was Abdul Haq introduced?
3. How had persistent Feminist Majority lobbying in opposition to the Taliban influenced the two most significant women in Clinton's administration?
4. How were the rebels trained to clear Soviet-laid minefields around Jalalabad?
5. How did Ahmed Badeeb sneak through Pakistani customs with over $1.8 million in U.S. cash?
6. How was Unocal introduced?
7. Why did Schroen roll the jeep into the lake at the end of Chapter 1?
8. What was part of the problem when Bush came into office in 2001?
9. What were the main points Massoud stressed to Otilie English in early 2001?
10. How did Prince Turki view the threat bin Laden posed?
Essay Topic 1
The book's title specifies the span of time in which the Ghost Wars transpired, but who were the ghosts and what were these conflicts referenced?
Essay Topic 2
How did the Taliban begin in 1994 and evolve?
Essay Topic 3
Why did the Saudis view Abdurrab Rasul Sayyaf as the most important rebel during the war with the Soviets?
This section contains 1,090 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)