|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The U.S. embassy attack was coordinated by a radical group at which university?
2. According to Chapter 10, where did Jallaladin Haqqanni operate near and test weapons and equipment for the CIA?
3. The success of the CIA depended on Hart's ability to work with Akhtar due Rahman in developing what list?
4. How was President Zia killed?
5. Hart also met regularly with Akhtar due Rahman, who directed the ISI, Pakistan's intelligence agency known as what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What took place in the Oval Office meeting on 2 December 1998 in the early afternoon?
2. What MiG fighter jet intercept mission of a CIA Predator drone was described in Chapter 29?
3. What plan was agreed to between Pakistani intelligence director Naseem Rana and CIA station chief Schroen regarding the capture of Mir Amal Kasi?
4. How was Abdul Haq introduced?
5. What was their response when Tomsen sought Saudi funding to reinforce his alternative "shura" composed of independent rebel Afghan commanders outside ISI control, but where Massoud held a strong role within the movement?
6. What position did U.S. government Afghan specialist Zalmay Khalilzad take shortly following the takeover of Kabul by the Taliban?
7. How did Prince Turki view the threat bin Laden posed?
8. How did the "bin Laden Issue Station" evolve?
9. Why did the CIA Islamabad station hold a cautious view of Massoud as related in Chapter 8?
10. What was part of the problem when Bush came into office in 2001?
Essay Topic 1
What was Cull referring to in Chapter 7 when he quoted Frank Anderson as having said, "The Reagan administration had attracted to Washington 'an awful lot of Soldier of Fortune readers'"?
Essay Topic 2
Why did the Saudis view Abdurrab Rasul Sayyaf as the most important rebel during the war with the Soviets?
Essay Topic 3
How did the Hamburg cell evolve?
This section contains 1,565 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)