|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When had the White House counterterrorist group grown frustrated with intelligence reports on bin Laden's whereabouts?
(a) Early summer, 2000.
(b) Early fall, 2000.
(c) Late spring, 2000.
(d) Late summer, 2000.
2. The suicide bombing against the USS Cole, a U.S. Navy destroyer, took place on 12 October 2000 in what port?
(a) Tripoli, Libya.
(b) Muscat, Oman.
(c) Beirut, Lebanon.
(d) Aden, Yemen.
3. After the USS Cole attack, what was Bush's response when asked if terrorist-hosting nations should be subject to retaliation?
(a) He would have assess "all the pieces" before he moved.
(b) He would "await the arrival" of the Navy investigation.
(c) He would act "swiftly and harshly" in response.
(d) He would not "play his hand" on that issue.
4. In addition to the Zawhar Kili camp, the U.S. used missiles where?
(a) Terrorist camp complexes in northern Pakistan.
(b) Bin Laden properties in the Sudan.
(c) Terrorist camp complexes in northern Afghanistan.
(d) Terrorist camp complexes in western Pakistan.
5. Which former Clinton lobbyist was hired by Pervz Musharraf to assure the White House his outlook was liberal?
(a) Lanny J. Davis.
(b) Leonard D. Jarvis.
(c) Lenny J. David.
(d) Leon J. Davis.
Short Answer Questions
1. By early 1999, Tenet was certain that bin Laden would be capable of striking the U.S. at what point?
2. The 1997-2000 White House national security adviser was determined "terrorism and al Qaeda" would rank where?
3. Where did U.S. ships and submarines with missiles wait to receive the coordinates of bin Laden's location?
4. Plans were made for Ahmed to visit the U.S. when?
5. When Massoud was cornered in northern Afghanistan, what was the result of his requests for aid?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was it the CIA's working idea to attempt to keep bin Laden outside "KKJ"?
2. How had persistent Feminist Majority lobbying in opposition to the Taliban influenced the two most significant women in Clinton's administration?
3. What role had Tom Pickering assumed under Clinton?
4. What were some of the calculations the CIA's Counterterrorism Center had made regarding al Qaeda by late 1999?
5. What was the view of CIA staff members regarding Cofer Black's enthusiastic view for armed Predator drones?
6. What MiG fighter jet intercept mission of a CIA Predator drone was described in Chapter 29?
7. By early 1999, what was Tenet's view about the possibility bin Laden might again attack America?
8. What support did CIA field operatives reportedly seek from the White House team of Richard Clarke?
9. What took place in the Oval Office meeting on 2 December 1998 in the early afternoon?
10. What position did U.S. government Afghan specialist Zalmay Khalilzad take shortly following the takeover of Kabul by the Taliban?
This section contains 1,147 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)