|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the author describe Clinton's view of the CIA as an institution?
2. When did the Northern Alliance lose Taloqan to the Taliban?
(a) September 2000.
(b) March 2000.
(c) June 2000.
(d) December 2000.
3. The suicide bombing against the USS Cole, a U.S. Navy destroyer, took place on 12 October 2000 in what port?
(a) Tripoli, Libya.
(b) Aden, Yemen.
(c) Muscat, Oman.
(d) Beirut, Lebanon.
4. The CIA and State Department issued what alert shortly after bin Laden helped publish a joint manifesto?
(a) Bin Laden required a medium priority.
(b) Bin Laden required a low priority.
(c) Bin Laden required a high priority.
(d) Bin Laden required no priority.
5. The CIA's Counterterrorist Center established a new office dedicated to bin Laden in what year?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the CIA stand in regard to Black's enthusiasm in favor of armed drones?
2. When the foreign oil representatives arrived in Afghanistan, why would Mullah Omar not meet with them?
3. Views differ on what was said, but instead of Saudis, Sudanese spoke with bin Laden and he moved where?
4. How many casualties resulted in these two U.S. embassy attacks in Africa?
5. In 1996, the CIA was attempting to recover Stinger missiles but encountered what problem with the Taliban?
Short Essay Questions
1. By early 1999, what was Tenet's view about the possibility bin Laden might again attack America?
2. How did the American ambassador to Pakistan in 1996 believe that nation would evolve?
3. How did Prince Turki view the threat bin Laden posed?
4. What were some of the calculations the CIA's Counterterrorism Center had made regarding al Qaeda by late 1999?
5. Why was George J. Tenet in various ways an unlikely candidate capable of repairing the breach between the CIA and Clinton?
6. Why was it the CIA's working idea to attempt to keep bin Laden outside "KKJ"?
7. How was Clinton's visit to Pakistan among the strangest that presidential history has to offer?
8. How had persistent Feminist Majority lobbying in opposition to the Taliban influenced the two most significant women in Clinton's administration?
9. How was Unocal introduced?
10. Why did Prince Turki believe that bin Laden had fallen through the cracks?
This section contains 1,281 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)