|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Six weeks after Massoud took Kabul, what was first on a list of strict rules imposed by religious police?
(a) Unmarried females could not appear in public alone.
(b) Tailors displaying fashion magazines were jailed.
(c) Women washing clothes in a river were sent home.
(d) Taxis must not stop for women without full burqa.
2. Views differ on what was said, but instead of Saudis, Sudanese spoke with bin Laden and he moved where?
(a) Pakistan, to an area controlled by the Taliban.
(b) Afghanistan, to an area not controlled by the Taliban.
(c) Pakistan, to an area not controlled by the Taliban.
(d) Afghanistan, to an area controlled by the Taliban.
3. In each case that the Clinton Cabinet considered cruise missile strikes, what was a decisive problem?
(a) Absolute certainty as to bin Laden's location.
(b) Uncertainty of number of civilian deaths.
(c) Potential collateral damage.
(d) Conflict against terrorism not a declared war.
4. Where did the CIA stand in regard to Black's enthusiasm in favor of armed drones?
(a) In favor.
5. The Hamburg cell, which derived its name from the German city it met in, included which members?
(a) Mohammed Atta, Ramzai Binalshibh, Ziad Jarrah, Marwan al-Shehhi.
(b) Mohammed Atta, Hallaladin Haqqanni, Ziad Jarrah, Marwan al-Shehhi.
(c) Mohammed Atef, Ramzai Binalshibh, Ziad Jarrah, Marwan al-Shehhi.
(d) Mohammed Atta, Ramzai Binalshibh, Ziad Jarrah, Hamid Karzai.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Deutch quit as CIA director after merely 19 months, the president attempted to nominate which individual?
2. On 7 August 1998 a devastating terrorist attack against U.S. embassies took place in which two African capitals?
3. Prince Turki advised whom to ensure the Taliban understood bin Laden must be expelled to keep good relations?
4. Where did U.S. ships and submarines with missiles wait to receive the coordinates of bin Laden's location?
5. When had the White House counterterrorist group grown frustrated with intelligence reports on bin Laden's whereabouts?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Nawaz Sharif in fear of his army?
2. Why was it the CIA's working idea to attempt to keep bin Laden outside "KKJ"?
3. What were some of the calculations the CIA's Counterterrorism Center had made regarding al Qaeda by late 1999?
4. What role had Tom Pickering assumed under Clinton?
5. By early 1999, what was Tenet's view about the possibility bin Laden might again attack America?
6. How did the "bin Laden Issue Station" evolve?
7. What took place in the Oval Office meeting on 2 December 1998 in the early afternoon?
8. How did Prince Turki view the threat bin Laden posed?
9. What was part of the problem when Bush came into office in 2001?
10. Why did Schroen encounter difficulty recovering CIA Stinger missiles from the Taliban?
This section contains 1,182 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)