|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Coll describe the relationship between Black and Pillar?
(a) "Not a natural partner."
(b) "Skeptical of each other's approach."
(c) Distrusting of each other."
(d) A tight and natural partner."
2. Richard Clarke's White House counterterrorist group usually pressed for what type of tactics against bin Laden?
(b) Moderately aggressive.
(c) Least aggressive.
(d) Most aggressive.
3. In what year was Bhutto ousted from office and Nawaz Sharif became prime minister?
4. According to Chapter 26, Kahlid al Mihdhar and Nawaf al-Hazmi met in which capital?
(b) Kuwait City.
(c) Kuala Lumpur.
5. Where did U.S. ships and submarines with missiles wait to receive the coordinates of bin Laden's location?
(a) Aral Sea.
(b) Andaman Sea.
(c) Arabian Sea.
(d) Caspian Sea.
Short Answer Questions
1. Since the equipment was already in place, the CIA decided to use it for whose capture?
2. What is the purpose of the CIA?
3. The 1997-2000 White House national security adviser was determined "terrorism and al Qaeda" would rank where?
4. George Tenet became CIA director in what year?
5. According to Chapter 19, what nations did Massoud engage in locating sponsors?
Short Essay Questions
1. What MiG fighter jet intercept mission of a CIA Predator drone was described in Chapter 29?
2. What plan was agreed to between Pakistani intelligence director Naseem Rana and CIA station chief Schroen regarding the capture of Mir Amal Kasi?
3. Why was George J. Tenet in various ways an unlikely candidate capable of repairing the breach between the CIA and Clinton?
4. What took place in the Oval Office meeting on 2 December 1998 in the early afternoon?
5. How was Clinton's visit to Pakistan among the strangest that presidential history has to offer?
6. How had the U.S. intelligence arms switched their focus by 1998?
7. Why was Nawaz Sharif in fear of his army?
8. Why did Schroen encounter difficulty recovering CIA Stinger missiles from the Taliban?
9. What position did U.S. government Afghan specialist Zalmay Khalilzad take shortly following the takeover of Kabul by the Taliban?
10. How did John Deutch become the CIA chief?
This section contains 1,157 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)