|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Shortly into 2000, the Counterterrorist Center picked up information that bin Laden had arrived in what location?
(a) Zawhar Kili Camp.
(b) Jalalabad Camp.
(c) Jaji Camp.
(d) Derunta Camp.
2. Pakistan recognized the Taliban as its government without Sharif knowing, and days later the Taliban was expelled from where?
(a) Northern Afghanistan.
(b) Eastern Afghanistan.
(c) Southern Afghanistan.
(d) Western Afghanistan.
3. Since the equipment was already in place, the CIA decided to use it for whose capture?
(a) Massoud Khalili.
(b) Ahmed Shah Massoud.
(c) Osama bin Laden.
(d) Mullah Mohammed Omar.
4. Where did the CIA stand in regard to Black's enthusiasm in favor of armed drones?
(a) In favor.
5. How did those at Langley react when a Taliban Mig was monitored as it headed straight toward a Predator drone?
(a) Half looked away instinctively as it passed.
(b) They were silent for several minutes.
(c) Half ducked instinctively as it passed.
(d) Half stepped aside instinctively as it passed.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many casualties resulted in these two U.S. embassy attacks in Africa?
2. The CIA's Counterterrorist Center established a new office dedicated to bin Laden in what year?
3. When Bush becomes the President, what was one of the initial changes made at the CIA?
4. So this second prisoner would be kept alive, the tribe was to hold him in a cave for how long until Americans came?
5. Government lawyers debated for months under what circumstances lethal force was legal and when it constituted what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why were Clarke and his counter-terrorism group at the White House frustrated by late spring in 2000?
2. What were some of the calculations the CIA's Counterterrorism Center had made regarding al Qaeda by late 1999?
3. By early 1999, what was Tenet's view about the possibility bin Laden might again attack America?
4. How did the American ambassador to Pakistan in 1996 believe that nation would evolve?
5. Why was it the CIA's working idea to attempt to keep bin Laden outside "KKJ"?
6. What plan was agreed to between Pakistani intelligence director Naseem Rana and CIA station chief Schroen regarding the capture of Mir Amal Kasi?
7. What took place in the Oval Office meeting on 2 December 1998 in the early afternoon?
8. How did the Taliban take their final major prize taken in northern Afghanistan?
9. How did Prince Turki view the threat bin Laden posed?
10. Why did Prince Turki believe that bin Laden had fallen through the cracks?
This section contains 1,169 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)