|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sudan was told the Khartoum embassy would close given their terrorist support, but what was one step it could take?
(a) Provide information on bin Laden and his followers.
(b) Expel bin Laden to Romania.
(c) Expel bin Laden to Yemen.
(d) Expel bin Laden to Saudi Arabia.
2. What is the purpose of the CIA?
(a) Ensure security of presidents and cabinet.
(b) Prevent surprise attacks.
(c) Ensure the domestic security of U.S.
(d) Ensure the international security of U.S.
3. Some of the 1998 U.S. embassy bombers belong to al-Qaeda sleeper cells in Africa, and all were trained where?
4. The U.S. did not support Massoud but kept their contacts, as the official position would change if al-Qaeda attacked where?
(a) In the U.S.
(b) In Canada.
(c) In Europe.
(d) In South America.
5. According to Chapter 19, what nations did Massoud engage in locating sponsors?
(a) Iran, Iraq.
(b) India, Iran.
(c) Iraq, Yemen.
(d) India, Yemen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bin Laden practiced operational security that was intensive and he was cautious of what?
2. The U.S. was to accept severe social regulations imposed by the Taliban for what reason?
3. By fall of 1998, who seemed an ideal CIA partner at the Pentagon given his extensive Special Forces experience?
4. Where did the CIA stand in regard to Black's enthusiasm in favor of armed drones?
5. Unocal wanted to build a pipeline from what location through Kandahar to Pakistan?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)