|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which nation did not meet multilateral lending requirements for the pipeline at that time?
2. Who met Mahmoud Ahmed in the spring of 2001 and advised Pakistan could do much more in the fight with bin Laden?
3. The CIA hired Afghan tribal fighters to find Kasi, who attacked Langley in 1993, and who is captured when?
(a) 15 June 1997.
(b) 29 June 1998.
(c) December 1997.
(d) 21 December 1996.
4. Views differ on what was said, but instead of Saudis, Sudanese spoke with bin Laden and he moved where?
(a) Pakistan, to an area not controlled by the Taliban.
(b) Pakistan, to an area controlled by the Taliban.
(c) Afghanistan, to an area not controlled by the Taliban.
(d) Afghanistan, to an area controlled by the Taliban.
5. In 1996, the CIA was attempting to recover Stinger missiles but encountered what problem with the Taliban?
(a) They claimed they had none.
(b) They demanded too high a price.
(c) They would sell back only damaged ones.
(d) They would not sell back the ones they had.
Short Answer Questions
1. Plans were made for Ahmed to visit the U.S. when?
2. How did Tenet view terrorism in terms of the level of threat it represented to the U.S. and the world?
3. Where did U.S. ships and submarines with missiles wait to receive the coordinates of bin Laden's location?
4. By fall of 1998, who seemed an ideal CIA partner at the Pentagon given his extensive Special Forces experience?
5. The CIA and State Department issued what alert shortly after bin Laden helped publish a joint manifesto?
Short Essay Questions
1. What support did CIA field operatives reportedly seek from the White House team of Richard Clarke?
2. What MiG fighter jet intercept mission of a CIA Predator drone was described in Chapter 29?
3. What took place in the Oval Office meeting on 2 December 1998 in the early afternoon?
4. By early 1999, what was Tenet's view about the possibility bin Laden might again attack America?
5. What plan was agreed to between Pakistani intelligence director Naseem Rana and CIA station chief Schroen regarding the capture of Mir Amal Kasi?
6. Why was Nawaz Sharif in fear of his army?
7. What role had Tom Pickering assumed under Clinton?
8. How did the Taliban take their final major prize taken in northern Afghanistan?
9. What was part of the problem when Bush came into office in 2001?
10. How did Prince Turki view the threat bin Laden posed?
This section contains 1,160 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)