|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Chapter 26, Kahlid al Mihdhar and Nawaf al-Hazmi met in which capital?
(b) Kuwait City.
(d) Kuala Lumpur.
2. How did those at Langley react when a Taliban Mig was monitored as it headed straight toward a Predator drone?
(a) Half stepped aside instinctively as it passed.
(b) Half ducked instinctively as it passed.
(c) Half looked away instinctively as it passed.
(d) They were silent for several minutes.
3. In 2000, the White House counterterrorism head asked which acquaintance to address the bin Laden intelligence problem?
(a) Christopher F. Allen.
(b) Charles Alan.
(c) Charles Allen.
(d) Scott Frye.
4. The first CIA Northern Afghanistan Liaison Team (NALT-1) flew by what means from Dushanbe to the Panjshir Valley in 1997?
(a) U.S. Marine Corps helicopters.
(b) Massoud's helicopters.
(c) U.S. Army helicopters.
(d) U.S. Air Force helicopters.
5. The U.S. did not support Massoud but kept their contacts, as the official position would change if al-Qaeda attacked where?
(a) In South America.
(b) In Europe.
(c) In Canada.
(d) In the U.S.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which former Clinton lobbyist was hired by Pervz Musharraf to assure the White House his outlook was liberal?
2. In what year was Bhutto ousted from office and Nawaz Sharif became prime minister?
3. In addition to the Zawhar Kili camp, the U.S. used missiles where?
4. Six weeks after Massoud took Kabul, what was first on a list of strict rules imposed by religious police?
5. When Deutch quit as CIA director after merely 19 months, the president attempted to nominate which individual?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)