|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Massoud's group was suspicious of the U.S. and its relationship to the Taliban, but who was his one CIA link?
(a) Gary Schroen.
(b) Howard Hart.
(c) William Piekney.
(d) Milton Bearden.
2. Which nation did not meet multilateral lending requirements for the pipeline at that time?
3. What is the purpose of the CIA?
(a) Ensure the domestic security of U.S.
(b) Ensure security of presidents and cabinet.
(c) Prevent surprise attacks.
(d) Ensure the international security of U.S.
4. With whom did the Turkmenistan government make their deal?
(a) Unocal, without Washington support.
(b) Bulgheroni, with Washington support.
(c) Unocal, with Washington support.
(d) Bulgheroni, without Washington support.
5. In 1997 intelligence agents learned of assassination plots against which target?
(a) Osama bin Laden.
(b) Massoud Khalili.
(c) Ahmed Shah Massoud.
(d) Mullah Mohammed Omar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which former Clinton lobbyist was hired by Pervz Musharraf to assure the White House his outlook was liberal?
2. Pakistan recognized the Taliban as its government without Sharif knowing, and days later the Taliban was expelled from where?
3. Who met Mahmoud Ahmed in the spring of 2001 and advised Pakistan could do much more in the fight with bin Laden?
4. The Hamburg cell, which derived its name from the German city it met in, included which members?
5. Equipment the CIA outfitted the Afghan tribal fighters with to use in their search for Kasi included what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Clinton's visit to Pakistan among the strangest that presidential history has to offer?
2. How was bin Laden described as having viewed himself in Chapter 21?
3. What MiG fighter jet intercept mission of a CIA Predator drone was described in Chapter 29?
4. By early 1999, what was Tenet's view about the possibility bin Laden might again attack America?
5. What position did U.S. government Afghan specialist Zalmay Khalilzad take shortly following the takeover of Kabul by the Taliban?
6. What was part of the problem when Bush came into office in 2001?
7. How did the Taliban take their final major prize taken in northern Afghanistan?
8. What was the view of CIA staff members regarding Cofer Black's enthusiastic view for armed Predator drones?
9. How had the U.S. intelligence arms switched their focus by 1998?
10. Why was George J. Tenet in various ways an unlikely candidate capable of repairing the breach between the CIA and Clinton?
This section contains 1,135 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)