|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bin Laden and al-Zawahiri travelled by what means?
(a) 4x4s marked as ambulances.
(b) Small passenger helicopters.
(c) Luxury SUVs.
2. Massoud felt he had recovered some political and military momentum in opposition to the Taliban by what point?
(a) Autumn 2000.
(b) Spring 2000.
(c) Summer 2000.
(d) Winter 1999.
3. George Tenet became CIA director in what year?
4. The CIA suspected Pakistani intelligence worked with bin Laden and trained recruits to fight where?
5. Bin Laden practiced operational security that was intensive and he was cautious of what?
(d) Radio communication.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1997 intelligence agents learned of assassination plots against which target?
2. In what year was Bhutto ousted from office and Nawaz Sharif became prime minister?
3. When did the Northern Alliance lose Taloqan to the Taliban?
4. Prince Turki advised whom to ensure the Taliban understood bin Laden must be expelled to keep good relations?
5. When had the White House counterterrorist group grown frustrated with intelligence reports on bin Laden's whereabouts?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was part of the problem when Bush came into office in 2001?
2. How was bin Laden described as having viewed himself in Chapter 21?
3. How did Prince Turki view the threat bin Laden posed?
4. How did the American ambassador to Pakistan in 1996 believe that nation would evolve?
5. What position did U.S. government Afghan specialist Zalmay Khalilzad take shortly following the takeover of Kabul by the Taliban?
6. How did the Taliban take their final major prize taken in northern Afghanistan?
7. What was the view of CIA staff members regarding Cofer Black's enthusiastic view for armed Predator drones?
8. Why did Schroen encounter difficulty recovering CIA Stinger missiles from the Taliban?
9. How had the U.S. intelligence arms switched their focus by 1998?
10. What support did CIA field operatives reportedly seek from the White House team of Richard Clarke?
This section contains 1,049 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)