|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Massoud felt he had recovered some political and military momentum in opposition to the Taliban by what point?
(a) Spring 2000.
(b) Summer 2000.
(c) Autumn 2000.
(d) Winter 1999.
2. According to Chapter 19, what nations did Massoud engage in locating sponsors?
(a) Iran, Iraq.
(b) India, Iran.
(c) India, Yemen.
(d) Iraq, Yemen.
3. Unocal wanted to build a pipeline from what location through Kandahar to Pakistan?
4. In addition to the Zawhar Kili camp, the U.S. used missiles where?
(a) Terrorist camp complexes in northern Afghanistan.
(b) Terrorist camp complexes in western Pakistan.
(c) Terrorist camp complexes in northern Pakistan.
(d) Bin Laden properties in the Sudan.
5. In 2000, the White House counterterrorism head asked which acquaintance to address the bin Laden intelligence problem?
(a) Scott Frye.
(b) Charles Alan.
(c) Charles Allen.
(d) Christopher F. Allen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Views differ on what was said, but instead of Saudis, Sudanese spoke with bin Laden and he moved where?
2. On 7 August 1998 a devastating terrorist attack against U.S. embassies took place in which two African capitals?
3. What is the purpose of the CIA?
4. The CIA prevented surprise attacks through analysis of information they distributed in reports to avoid what?
5. Argentine oilman Carlos Bulgheroni had the same idea as Unocal and had whose support?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Unocal introduced?
2. How did the "bin Laden Issue Station" evolve?
3. How was bin Laden described as having viewed himself in Chapter 21?
4. What was part of the problem when Bush came into office in 2001?
5. Why were Clarke and his counter-terrorism group at the White House frustrated by late spring in 2000?
6. How did Prince Turki view the threat bin Laden posed?
7. What role had Tom Pickering assumed under Clinton?
8. How was the Afghan war changing by 1999?
9. How did John Deutch become the CIA chief?
10. What were some of the calculations the CIA's Counterterrorism Center had made regarding al Qaeda by late 1999?
This section contains 1,086 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)