|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Marwan al-Shehhi told which librarian thousands would die at the World Trade Center, but he did not seem serious?
(a) Heidi Pfennig.
(b) Lydia Himmler.
(c) Angela Duile.
(d) Martha Schmidt.
2. Tenet was frustrated by what attention the Clinton Cabinet provided the al Qaeda threat?
(d) "Too late."
3. The U.S. was to accept severe social regulations imposed by the Taliban for what reason?
(a) U.S. had no authority on Islamic law imposition.
(b) Regulations resulted in peace for most of the country.
(c) Islamic laws were likely to be overthrown.
(d) Regulations were founded on religious Islamic law.
4. When Deutch quit as CIA director after merely 19 months, the president attempted to nominate which individual?
(a) William Milam.
(b) Tom Pickering.
(c) Tom Simons.
(d) Tony Lake.
5. The suicide bombing against the USS Cole, a U.S. Navy destroyer, took place on 12 October 2000 in what port?
(a) Beirut, Lebanon.
(b) Tripoli, Libya.
(c) Muscat, Oman.
(d) Aden, Yemen.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did those at Langley react when a Taliban Mig was monitored as it headed straight toward a Predator drone?
2. Equipment the CIA outfitted the Afghan tribal fighters with to use in their search for Kasi included what?
3. A 1998 memorandum of notification signed by whom authorized CIA agents to use lethal force to capture bin Laden?
4. After the USS Cole attack, what was Bush's response when asked if terrorist-hosting nations should be subject to retaliation?
5. Uzbekistan, which is bordered to the south by Afghanistan, was ruled by which individual in 1999?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Clinton's visit to Pakistan among the strangest that presidential history has to offer?
2. What MiG fighter jet intercept mission of a CIA Predator drone was described in Chapter 29?
3. What was the view of CIA staff members regarding Cofer Black's enthusiastic view for armed Predator drones?
4. How was bin Laden described as having viewed himself in Chapter 21?
5. How did John Deutch become the CIA chief?
6. Why were Clarke and his counter-terrorism group at the White House frustrated by late spring in 2000?
7. How did the "bin Laden Issue Station" evolve?
8. What was part of the problem when Bush came into office in 2001?
9. Why did Schroen encounter difficulty recovering CIA Stinger missiles from the Taliban?
10. Why did Prince Turki believe that bin Laden had fallen through the cracks?
This section contains 1,114 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)