|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sudan was told the Khartoum embassy would close given their terrorist support, but what was one step it could take?
(a) Provide information on bin Laden and his followers.
(b) Expel bin Laden to Romania.
(c) Expel bin Laden to Saudi Arabia.
(d) Expel bin Laden to Yemen.
2. A commando raid on bin Laden was not pursued because it was thought that a failed attack with civilian casualties would yield what?
(a) Raise opposition in Europe.
(b) Raise bin Laden's stature in Islamic world.
(c) Raise opposition in international community.
(d) Raise opposition in Africa and Asia.
3. How did Tenet view terrorism in terms of the level of threat it represented to the U.S. and the world?
(b) Out of control.
(d) Steady, but contained.
4. Bin Laden and al-Zawahiri travelled by what means?
(b) Small passenger helicopters.
(c) 4x4s marked as ambulances.
(d) Luxury SUVs.
5. Pakistan recognized the Taliban as its government without Sharif knowing, and days later the Taliban was expelled from where?
(a) Northern Afghanistan.
(b) Western Afghanistan.
(c) Eastern Afghanistan.
(d) Southern Afghanistan.
Short Answer Questions
1. On 7 August 1998 a devastating terrorist attack against U.S. embassies took place in which two African capitals?
2. Plans were made for Ahmed to visit the U.S. when?
3. When Deutch quit as CIA director after merely 19 months, the president attempted to nominate which individual?
4. Where did the CIA stand in regard to Black's enthusiasm in favor of armed drones?
5. By when had bin Laden moved his operations to the south to Kandahar?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)