|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One report received was a plot against Massoud that involved an assassin dispatched to place what in his shoes?
(b) Boron nitride.
(d) Acetylsalicylic acid.
2. Where did the Hamburg cell, as it was known, coalesce?
(a) A shabby mosque.
(b) A shabby hotel room.
(c) A gymnasium back room.
(d) A coffee shop back room.
3. In what year was Bhutto ousted from office and Nawaz Sharif became prime minister?
4. How did Coll describe the relationship between Black and Pillar?
(a) "Skeptical of each other's approach."
(b) A tight and natural partner."
(c) Distrusting of each other."
(d) "Not a natural partner."
5. When Massoud was cornered in northern Afghanistan, what was the result of his requests for aid?
(a) U.S. provided.
(b) U.S. did not provide.
(c) Saudi Arabia provided.
(d) Saudi Arabia did not provide.
Short Answer Questions
1. Massoud's group was suspicious of the U.S. and its relationship to the Taliban, but who was his one CIA link?
2. Tenet was frustrated by what attention the Clinton Cabinet provided the al Qaeda threat?
3. How many casualties resulted in these two U.S. embassy attacks in Africa?
4. When Bush becomes the President, what was one of the initial changes made at the CIA?
5. Where on his inventory of threats the U.S. faced did Tenet rank bin Laden in 1999?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Clinton's visit to Pakistan among the strangest that presidential history has to offer?
2. Why was autumn in 1999 rough for managers at the Counterterrorist Center who were reporting possible terrorist threats?
3. What position did U.S. government Afghan specialist Zalmay Khalilzad take shortly following the takeover of Kabul by the Taliban?
4. By early 1999, what was Tenet's view about the possibility bin Laden might again attack America?
5. How did John Deutch become the CIA chief?
6. Why was George J. Tenet in various ways an unlikely candidate capable of repairing the breach between the CIA and Clinton?
7. How was bin Laden described as having viewed himself in Chapter 21?
8. What was the view of CIA staff members regarding Cofer Black's enthusiastic view for armed Predator drones?
9. What MiG fighter jet intercept mission of a CIA Predator drone was described in Chapter 29?
10. How had persistent Feminist Majority lobbying in opposition to the Taliban influenced the two most significant women in Clinton's administration?
This section contains 1,162 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)