|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Chapter 19, what nations did Massoud engage in locating sponsors?
(a) Iran, Iraq.
(b) India, Iran.
(c) India, Yemen.
(d) Iraq, Yemen.
2. In what year was Bhutto ousted from office and Nawaz Sharif became prime minister?
3. Tenet's reform program for the CIA did what?
(a) De-emphasized covert actions, intelligence gathering.
(b) Emphasized both covert actions, intelligence gathering.
(c) De-emphasized covert actions, emphasized intelligence gathering.
(d) Emphasized covert actions, de-emphasized intelligence gathering.
4. George Tenet became CIA director in what year?
5. The CIA slowly composed an intricate map of which infrastructure made from photos and satellite imagery?
(a) Bin Laden's Iranian.
(b) Bin Laden's Pakistani.
(c) Bin Laden's Afghani.
(d) Bin Laden's Saudi.
Short Answer Questions
1. The CIA hired Afghan tribal fighters to find Kasi, who attacked Langley in 1993, and who is captured when?
2. Massoud had gained strength in new arms deals and felt that the Taliban had weakened as he rebuilt what?
3. Who headed the Pakistani army from 1998 to 1999?
4. With whom did the Turkmenistan government make their deal?
5. When the foreign oil representatives arrived in Afghanistan, why would Mullah Omar not meet with them?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Prince Turki view the threat bin Laden posed?
2. How had the U.S. intelligence arms switched their focus by 1998?
3. What role had Tom Pickering assumed under Clinton?
4. By early 1999, what was Tenet's view about the possibility bin Laden might again attack America?
5. Why did Prince Turki believe that bin Laden had fallen through the cracks?
6. How did the Taliban take their final major prize taken in northern Afghanistan?
7. How did the American ambassador to Pakistan in 1996 believe that nation would evolve?
8. How was bin Laden described as having viewed himself in Chapter 21?
9. How was Clinton's visit to Pakistan among the strangest that presidential history has to offer?
10. Why did Schroen encounter difficulty recovering CIA Stinger missiles from the Taliban?
This section contains 1,073 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)