|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bin Laden practiced operational security that was intensive and he was cautious of what?
(a) Radio communication.
2. Who was the White House national security adviser between 1993 and 1997?
(a) Anthony "Tony" Lake.
(b) Richard Clarke.
(c) Zbigniew Brzezinski.
(d) Samuel L. "Sandy" Berger.
3. Government lawyers debated for months under what circumstances lethal force was legal and when it constituted what?
(b) National security.
4. Where on his inventory of threats the U.S. faced did Tenet rank bin Laden in 1999?
5. Since the equipment was already in place, the CIA decided to use it for whose capture?
(a) Osama bin Laden.
(b) Mullah Mohammed Omar.
(c) Massoud Khalili.
(d) Ahmed Shah Massoud.
Short Answer Questions
1. So this second prisoner would be kept alive, the tribe was to hold him in a cave for how long until Americans came?
2. Terrorists met at the Zawhar Kili camp that the U.S. attacked with Tomahawk missiles resulting in what to bin Laden?
3. The CIA slowly composed an intricate map of which infrastructure made from photos and satellite imagery?
4. The CIA hired Afghan tribal fighters to find Kasi, who attacked Langley in 1993, and who is captured when?
5. The 1997-2000 White House national security adviser was determined "terrorism and al Qaeda" would rank where?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the "bin Laden Issue Station" evolve?
2. Why was Nawaz Sharif in fear of his army?
3. What MiG fighter jet intercept mission of a CIA Predator drone was described in Chapter 29?
4. By early 1999, what was Tenet's view about the possibility bin Laden might again attack America?
5. How was bin Laden described as having viewed himself in Chapter 21?
6. How was Unocal introduced?
7. Why did Schroen encounter difficulty recovering CIA Stinger missiles from the Taliban?
8. How did the American ambassador to Pakistan in 1996 believe that nation would evolve?
9. What were some of the calculations the CIA's Counterterrorism Center had made regarding al Qaeda by late 1999?
10. Why was autumn in 1999 rough for managers at the Counterterrorist Center who were reporting possible terrorist threats?
This section contains 1,099 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)