|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 2000, the White House counterterrorism head asked which acquaintance to address the bin Laden intelligence problem?
(a) Christopher F. Allen.
(b) Charles Allen.
(c) Scott Frye.
(d) Charles Alan.
2. The suicide bombing against the USS Cole, a U.S. Navy destroyer, took place on 12 October 2000 in what port?
(a) Aden, Yemen.
(b) Tripoli, Libya.
(c) Muscat, Oman.
(d) Beirut, Lebanon.
3. Who met Mahmoud Ahmed in the spring of 2001 and advised Pakistan could do much more in the fight with bin Laden?
4. Who was the White House national security adviser between 1993 and 1997?
(a) Zbigniew Brzezinski.
(b) Anthony "Tony" Lake.
(c) Richard Clarke.
(d) Samuel L. "Sandy" Berger.
5. Richard Clarke's White House counterterrorist group usually pressed for what type of tactics against bin Laden?
(b) Most aggressive.
(c) Moderately aggressive.
(d) Least aggressive.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Bush becomes the President, what was one of the initial changes made at the CIA?
2. In 1996, the CIA was attempting to recover Stinger missiles but encountered what problem with the Taliban?
3. Plans were made for Ahmed to visit the U.S. when?
4. Which nation did not meet multilateral lending requirements for the pipeline at that time?
5. Government lawyers debated for months under what circumstances lethal force was legal and when it constituted what?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)