|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By fall of 1998, who seemed an ideal CIA partner at the Pentagon given his extensive Special Forces experience?
(a) General Hugh Sheldon.
(b) General Hugh Shelton.
(c) General Hugo Sheraton.
(d) General Shelton Hughes.
2. The Hamburg cell, which derived its name from the German city it met in, included which members?
(a) Mohammed Atef, Ramzai Binalshibh, Ziad Jarrah, Marwan al-Shehhi.
(b) Mohammed Atta, Ramzai Binalshibh, Ziad Jarrah, Hamid Karzai.
(c) Mohammed Atta, Ramzai Binalshibh, Ziad Jarrah, Marwan al-Shehhi.
(d) Mohammed Atta, Hallaladin Haqqanni, Ziad Jarrah, Marwan al-Shehhi.
3. How many casualties resulted in these two U.S. embassy attacks in Africa?
(a) Over 300 killed, over 1,500 injured.
(b) Over 100 killed, over 450 injured.
(c) Over 150 killed, over 600 injured.
(d) Over 200 killed, over 4,000 injured.
4. When had the White House counterterrorist group grown frustrated with intelligence reports on bin Laden's whereabouts?
(a) Late spring, 2000.
(b) Early fall, 2000.
(c) Early summer, 2000.
(d) Late summer, 2000.
5. Where on his inventory of threats the U.S. faced did Tenet rank bin Laden in 1999?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the CIA stand in regard to Black's enthusiasm in favor of armed drones?
2. One report received was a plot against Massoud that involved an assassin dispatched to place what in his shoes?
3. What was the response to information provided by Pillar's Counterterrorist Center?
4. Where did the Hamburg cell, as it was known, coalesce?
5. Some of the 1998 U.S. embassy bombers belong to al-Qaeda sleeper cells in Africa, and all were trained where?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was bin Laden described as having viewed himself in Chapter 21?
2. How had persistent Feminist Majority lobbying in opposition to the Taliban influenced the two most significant women in Clinton's administration?
3. How had the U.S. intelligence arms switched their focus by 1998?
4. What MiG fighter jet intercept mission of a CIA Predator drone was described in Chapter 29?
5. How did the American ambassador to Pakistan in 1996 believe that nation would evolve?
6. What took place in the Oval Office meeting on 2 December 1998 in the early afternoon?
7. Why was George J. Tenet in various ways an unlikely candidate capable of repairing the breach between the CIA and Clinton?
8. Why were Clarke and his counter-terrorism group at the White House frustrated by late spring in 2000?
9. What were some of the calculations the CIA's Counterterrorism Center had made regarding al Qaeda by late 1999?
10. What support did CIA field operatives reportedly seek from the White House team of Richard Clarke?
This section contains 1,197 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)