|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Bush becomes the President, what was one of the initial changes made at the CIA?
(a) Official position on Taliban changed.
(b) Obtain support for Massoud.
(c) Predator flights were resumed.
(d) Official position on Afghanistan changed.
2. Plans were made for Ahmed to visit the U.S. when?
(a) Early September 2001.
(b) Late September 2001.
(c) Early October 2001.
(d) Mid-September 2001.
3. Massoud had gained strength in new arms deals and felt that the Taliban had weakened as he rebuilt what?
(a) Eastern Alliance.
(b) Northern Alliance.
(c) Western Alliance.
(d) Southern Alliance.
4. How did those at Langley react when a Taliban Mig was monitored as it headed straight toward a Predator drone?
(a) Half stepped aside instinctively as it passed.
(b) Half looked away instinctively as it passed.
(c) Half ducked instinctively as it passed.
(d) They were silent for several minutes.
5. Sudan was told the Khartoum embassy would close given their terrorist support, but what was one step it could take?
(a) Expel bin Laden to Romania.
(b) Provide information on bin Laden and his followers.
(c) Expel bin Laden to Yemen.
(d) Expel bin Laden to Saudi Arabia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the response to information provided by Pillar's Counterterrorist Center?
2. Where did the CIA stand in regard to Black's enthusiasm in favor of armed drones?
3. Which former Clinton lobbyist was hired by Pervz Musharraf to assure the White House his outlook was liberal?
4. Where did the Hamburg cell, as it was known, coalesce?
5. The U.S. was to accept severe social regulations imposed by the Taliban for what reason?
Short Essay Questions
1. What support did CIA field operatives reportedly seek from the White House team of Richard Clarke?
2. What MiG fighter jet intercept mission of a CIA Predator drone was described in Chapter 29?
3. How did the "bin Laden Issue Station" evolve?
4. How was bin Laden described as having viewed himself in Chapter 21?
5. By early 1999, what was Tenet's view about the possibility bin Laden might again attack America?
6. How did the Taliban take their final major prize taken in northern Afghanistan?
7. How did the American ambassador to Pakistan in 1996 believe that nation would evolve?
8. Why was George J. Tenet in various ways an unlikely candidate capable of repairing the breach between the CIA and Clinton?
9. How did Prince Turki view the threat bin Laden posed?
10. How had persistent Feminist Majority lobbying in opposition to the Taliban influenced the two most significant women in Clinton's administration?
This section contains 1,250 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)