|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the CIA stand in regard to Black's enthusiasm in favor of armed drones?
(b) In favor.
2. After the USS Cole attack, what was Bush's response when asked if terrorist-hosting nations should be subject to retaliation?
(a) He would not "play his hand" on that issue.
(b) He would "await the arrival" of the Navy investigation.
(c) He would have assess "all the pieces" before he moved.
(d) He would act "swiftly and harshly" in response.
3. By early 1999, Tenet was certain that bin Laden would be capable of striking the U.S. at what point?
(a) Spring 2000.
(b) Summer 1999.
(c) Winter 1999.
(d) Any time.
4. Terrorists met at the Zawhar Kili camp that the U.S. attacked with Tomahawk missiles resulting in what to bin Laden?
(a) Received major injury in the attack.
(b) Not there in the attack.
(c) Escaped injury in the attack.
(d) Received minor injury in the attack.
5. Bin Laden practiced operational security that was intensive and he was cautious of what?
(d) Radio communication.
Short Answer Questions
1. The 1997-2000 White House national security adviser was determined "terrorism and al Qaeda" would rank where?
2. Bin Laden and al-Zawahiri travelled by what means?
3. When Bush becomes the President, what was one of the initial changes made at the CIA?
4. Sudan was told the Khartoum embassy would close given their terrorist support, but what was one step it could take?
5. Where on his inventory of threats the U.S. faced did Tenet rank bin Laden in 1999?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was Nawaz Sharif in fear of his army?
2. What was the view of CIA staff members regarding Cofer Black's enthusiastic view for armed Predator drones?
3. Why was it the CIA's working idea to attempt to keep bin Laden outside "KKJ"?
4. How was bin Laden described as having viewed himself in Chapter 21?
5. Why was autumn in 1999 rough for managers at the Counterterrorist Center who were reporting possible terrorist threats?
6. How did the American ambassador to Pakistan in 1996 believe that nation would evolve?
7. How did Prince Turki view the threat bin Laden posed?
8. What was part of the problem when Bush came into office in 2001?
9. How was Clinton's visit to Pakistan among the strangest that presidential history has to offer?
10. What were some of the calculations the CIA's Counterterrorism Center had made regarding al Qaeda by late 1999?
This section contains 1,243 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)