|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Since Pakistan was close to having nuclear capability, American aid ended under what law?
(a) Reagan Amendment.
(b) Pressler Amendment.
(c) Baker Amendment.
(d) Pixler Amendment.
2. Prince Turki al-Faisal was chief of Saudi intelligence during what period?
3. Yosef was brought back to the U.S. on what date where he told the FBI that he was inspired by certain leaders but refused to say who?
(a) 4 November 1996.
(b) 5 June 1993.
(c) 2 July 1994.
(d) 8 February 1995.
4. In what year did the Taliban form?
5. Yosef and his associates also had plans to hijack a plane and crash it where?
(a) White House.
(c) CIA headquarters.
(d) U.N. headquarters.
Short Answer Questions
1. The CIA and ISI planned another offensive to build the strength of Massoud and other rebel leaders that called for them to take Kabul in which winter?
2. Schroen said the U.S., which left Afghanistan when the Soviet Union dissolved, would return for what reason?
3. Bin Laden had already formed the al-Qaeda and moved his family back to Saudi Arabia in what year?
4. The war in Afghanistan cost the Soviet Union how many billion dollars?
5. Who was the CIA chief selected when the Bill Clinton administration took office?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Clinton's visit to Pakistan among the strangest that presidential history has to offer?
2. How did the 1994 assassination attempt on bin Laden transpire?
3. How did the Taliban take their final major prize taken in northern Afghanistan?
4. What was the last action by the U.S. described in the book?
5. What were some of the elements of Michael Pillsbury's goal in Afghanistan?
6. How did the Prologue to <i>Ghost Wars</i> open?
7. Why did the CIA Islamabad station hold a cautious view of Massoud as related in Chapter 8?
8. How had persistent Feminist Majority lobbying in opposition to the Taliban influenced the two most significant women in Clinton's administration?
9. How was the Afghan war changing by 1999?
10. Why was it the CIA's working idea to attempt to keep bin Laden outside "KKJ"?
This section contains 924 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)