|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 10, whose views in the Department of State ran counter to those of the CIA at Langley?
(a) William Milam.
(b) Madeleine Albright.
(c) Karl F. "Rick" Inderfurth.
(d) Edmund McWilliams.
2. Egyptian Sheikh Rahman suffered from what physical disability?
3. Cofer Black became the CIA station chief in which capital city in 1993?
4. Hamid Gul was Director-General of the ISI during what period?
5. Yosef and his associates also had plans to hijack a plane and crash it where?
(a) U.N. headquarters.
(c) CIA headquarters.
(d) White House.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the new U.S. plan for covert war in Afghanistan known as?
2. How was President Zia killed?
3. Many of the Kandahar Durranis were living where in exile in 1994?
4. Where was Ramzi Yousef born where but his family fled during the Iraq invasion?
5. The CIA-sponsored rebels were facing what type of constant Soviet attacks in 1986?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the Soviets view the war in Afghanistan initially?
2. How did Chapter 1 open for William Putscher?
3. How did Ahmed Badeeb sneak through Pakistani customs with over $1.8 million in U.S. cash?
4. How was Yuri Andropov introduced in Ghost Wars?
5. Why did Ahmed Shah Massoud join the Muslim Youth Organization while he was a student at Kabul Polytechnic Institute?
6. What was their response when Tomsen sought Saudi funding to reinforce his alternative "shura" composed of independent rebel Afghan commanders outside ISI control, but where Massoud held a strong role within the movement?
7. How did Haq's relationship with the CIA begin?
8. Where were Schroen's assignments in the decade subsequent to the embassy riots in Islamabad in 1979?
9. From which stations did the CIA maintain the greatest amount of detailed intelligence collected regarding Middle Eastern radical Islamic movements during the early 1990s?
10. Why was Khartoum a popular place for energetic CIA case officers to get assigned?
This section contains 1,052 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)