Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was President Zia killed?
(a) Plane crash.
(b) Commando raid.
(c) Bomb explosion.
(d) Heart attack.
2. According to Chapter 10, where did Jallaladin Haqqanni operate near and test weapons and equipment for the CIA?
(a) Parrot's Beak.
(b) Pelican's Beak.
(c) Hawk's Beak.
(d) Eagle's Beak.
3. Who was the new Department of State special envoy to the Afghan resistance that served from 1989-1992?
(a) Peter Tomsen.
(b) Thomas Peterson.
(c) Peter Timmons.
(d) Peter Thompson.
4. Bin Laden was sponsoring jihad in Communist Yemen and opposed the Saudi government when they allowed American troops in to liberate which nation?
5. Since Pakistan was close to having nuclear capability, American aid ended under what law?
(a) Pressler Amendment.
(b) Pixler Amendment.
(c) Reagan Amendment.
(d) Baker Amendment.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the Soviets invade Afghanistan with their goal to kill the Afghan leader, Hafizullah Amin, and install a new communist regime?
2. Where was a champagne party held when the last Soviet troops left Afghanistan?
3. The ISI began to supply the Taliban in 1995, which soon controlled what region?
4. What casualties resulted when Kasi fired upon employees as they entered the CIA headquarters on 23 January 1993?
5. How frequently did Casey visit the Saudis and Pakistanis?
Short Essay Questions
1. What joke quickly circulated about James Woolsey, the CIA director, being unable to get an appointment with Clinton?
2. How was Abdul Haq introduced?
3. How had persistent Feminist Majority lobbying in opposition to the Taliban influenced the two most significant women in Clinton's administration?
4. How were the rebels trained to clear Soviet-laid minefields around Jalalabad?
5. How did Ahmed Badeeb sneak through Pakistani customs with over $1.8 million in U.S. cash?
6. How was Unocal introduced?
7. Why did Schroen roll the jeep into the lake at the end of Chapter 1?
8. What was part of the problem when Bush came into office in 2001?
9. What were the main points Massoud stressed to Otilie English in early 2001?
10. How did Prince Turki view the threat bin Laden posed?
This section contains 1,136 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)