|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was President Zia killed?
(a) Heart attack.
(b) Bomb explosion.
(c) Plane crash.
(d) Commando raid.
2. Where was Ramzi Yousef born where but his family fled during the Iraq invasion?
(c) Saudi Arabia.
3. Yousef received jihad bomb training and participated in the attack where?
(a) World Trade Center, New York.
(b) Afghan capitol building, Kabul.
(c) U.S. embassy, Tehran.
(d) U.S. Marine barracks, Beirut.
4. After he was attacked by the Soviets at Jaji, bin Laden met Aymen al-Zawahiri, preached global jihad, and initiated what sort of campaign?
(a) Commando raids.
(c) Vehicle bombings.
(d) Surface-to-air missiles.
5. What was the Taliban trying to clear Afghanistan of?
(a) Elected officials.
(b) Military dictator.
(c) Religious leaders.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did CIA agent Howard Hart become the station chief in Islamabad?
2. The new National Security Decision Directive in 1985 made it harder to keep CIA involvement secret and there was concern the Soviets would retaliate against what nations?
3. How frequently did Casey visit the Saudis and Pakistanis?
4. What casualties resulted when Kasi fired upon employees as they entered the CIA headquarters on 23 January 1993?
5. Not long after they formed, the Taliban captured what city?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were some of Benazir Bhutto's goals when elected for a second term as Pakistan's prime minister?
2. How did Ahmed Badeeb sneak through Pakistani customs with over $1.8 million in U.S. cash?
3. How did the Soviets view the war in Afghanistan initially?
4. How were the rebels trained to clear Soviet-laid minefields around Jalalabad?
5. How did Robert Gates view Bill Clinton when he flew to meet the president-elect?
6. How did Chapter 1 open for William Putscher?
7. How was Yuri Andropov introduced in Ghost Wars?
8. How did the 1994 assassination attempt on bin Laden transpire?
9. Where were Schroen's assignments in the decade subsequent to the embassy riots in Islamabad in 1979?
10. Why was Khartoum a popular place for energetic CIA case officers to get assigned?
This section contains 1,001 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)