|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Hart also met regularly with Akhtar due Rahman, who directed the ISI, Pakistan's intelligence agency known as what?
(a) Intro-Services Intelligence.
(b) Inter-Services Intelligence.
(c) Inter-Secret Intelligence.
(d) Intra-Services Intelligence.
2. In 1993. the CIA was warned by the State Department envoy in Central Asia that the policy of allowing the Afghans to find their own solution achieved what?
(a) Moderate success.
(b) Minimal success.
(d) Significant success.
3. It was decided to treat terrorists as criminals with no claims to political legitimacy, and which was selected as the lead agency in 1995?
4. Where was a champagne party held when the last Soviet troops left Afghanistan?
(a) ISI headquarters.
(b) CIA headquarters.
(c) MI6 headquarters.
(d) KGB headquarters.
5. When was the CIA's Counterterrorist Center formed?
(a) 1 August 1991.
(b) 1 February 1986.
(c) 1 February 1990.
(d) 1 August 1988.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Chapter 10, where did Jallaladin Haqqanni operate near and test weapons and equipment for the CIA?
2. Mir Amal Kasi was from a wealthy Pakistani family near Quetta who worked as a what?
3. At what point was the CIA allowed to begin operations in Afghanistan using Zia's intelligence service as an intermediary?
4. Cofer Black became the CIA station chief in which capital city in 1993?
5. What casualties resulted when Kasi fired upon employees as they entered the CIA headquarters on 23 January 1993?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was George J. Tenet in various ways an unlikely candidate capable of repairing the breach between the CIA and Clinton?
2. How did the Prologue to <i>Ghost Wars</i> open?
3. How had persistent Feminist Majority lobbying in opposition to the Taliban influenced the two most significant women in Clinton's administration?
4. Why was it the CIA's working idea to attempt to keep bin Laden outside "KKJ"?
5. How did Robert Gates view Bill Clinton when he flew to meet the president-elect?
6. What was the last action by the U.S. described in the book?
7. How did the "bin Laden Issue Station" evolve?
8. Why was autumn in 1999 rough for managers at the Counterterrorist Center who were reporting possible terrorist threats?
9. What was part of the problem when Bush came into office in 2001?
10. How was bin Laden described as having viewed himself in Chapter 21?
This section contains 1,049 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)