|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Coll describe the relationship between Black and Pillar?
(a) "Not a natural partner."
(b) Distrusting of each other."
(c) A tight and natural partner."
(d) "Skeptical of each other's approach."
2. When Bush becomes the President, what was one of the initial changes made at the CIA?
(a) Official position on Taliban changed.
(b) Obtain support for Massoud.
(c) Official position on Afghanistan changed.
(d) Predator flights were resumed.
3. By fall of 1998, who seemed an ideal CIA partner at the Pentagon given his extensive Special Forces experience?
(a) General Shelton Hughes.
(b) General Hugh Sheldon.
(c) General Hugo Sheraton.
(d) General Hugh Shelton.
4. Some of the 1998 U.S. embassy bombers belong to al-Qaeda sleeper cells in Africa, and all were trained where?
5. The CIA slowly composed an intricate map of which infrastructure made from photos and satellite imagery?
(a) Bin Laden's Saudi.
(b) Bin Laden's Afghani.
(c) Bin Laden's Pakistani.
(d) Bin Laden's Iranian.
6. When Massoud was cornered in northern Afghanistan, what was the result of his requests for aid?
(a) Saudi Arabia provided.
(b) U.S. provided.
(c) Saudi Arabia did not provide.
(d) U.S. did not provide.
7. According to Chapter 26, Kahlid al Mihdhar and Nawaf al-Hazmi met in which capital?
(a) Kuwait City.
(d) Kuala Lumpur.
8. Views differ on what was said, but instead of Saudis, Sudanese spoke with bin Laden and he moved where?
(a) Pakistan, to an area not controlled by the Taliban.
(b) Afghanistan, to an area controlled by the Taliban.
(c) Pakistan, to an area controlled by the Taliban.
(d) Afghanistan, to an area not controlled by the Taliban.
9. How many casualties resulted in these two U.S. embassy attacks in Africa?
(a) Over 200 killed, over 4,000 injured.
(b) Over 300 killed, over 1,500 injured.
(c) Over 100 killed, over 450 injured.
(d) Over 150 killed, over 600 injured.
10. A 1998 memorandum of notification signed by whom authorized CIA agents to use lethal force to capture bin Laden?
(b) Bill Clinton.
11. Where on his inventory of threats the U.S. faced did Tenet rank bin Laden in 1999?
12. When Deutch quit as CIA director after merely 19 months, the president attempted to nominate which individual?
(a) Tom Pickering.
(b) Tony Lake.
(c) William Milam.
(d) Tom Simons.
13. George Tenet became CIA director in what year?
14. The CIA suspected Pakistani intelligence worked with bin Laden and trained recruits to fight where?
15. The CIA hired Afghan tribal fighters to find Kasi, who attacked Langley in 1993, and who is captured when?
(a) 15 June 1997.
(b) 29 June 1998.
(c) 21 December 1996.
(d) December 1997.
Short Answer Questions
1. Equipment the CIA outfitted the Afghan tribal fighters with to use in their search for Kasi included what?
2. The CIA prevented surprise attacks through analysis of information they distributed in reports to avoid what?
3. In addition to the Zawhar Kili camp, the U.S. used missiles where?
4. Tenet was frustrated by what attention the Clinton Cabinet provided the al Qaeda threat?
5. Sudan was told the Khartoum embassy would close given their terrorist support, but what was one step it could take?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)