|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the response to information provided by Pillar's Counterterrorist Center?
(a) Recipients complained volume was too much.
(b) Recipients complained information was outdated.
(c) Recipients complained volume was too little.
(d) Recipients praised the information volume and speed.
2. Marwan al-Shehhi told which librarian thousands would die at the World Trade Center, but he did not seem serious?
(a) Martha Schmidt.
(b) Heidi Pfennig.
(c) Angela Duile.
(d) Lydia Himmler.
3. Where did the CIA stand in regard to Black's enthusiasm in favor of armed drones?
(c) In favor.
4. When Ziauddin fell from power, which CIA branch lost an ally?
(a) Central Asia.
(b) South Asia.
(c) Western Asia.
(d) Northern Asia.
5. Who published a joint manifesto with bin Laden that declared the U.S. as the enemy in 1998?
(a) Abdullah Azzam.
(b) Ayman al-Zawahiri.
(c) Mohammed Atef.
(d) Aburrashid Dostum.
6. Who headed the Pakistani army from 1998 to 1999?
(a) General Hamid Gulr.
(b) General Pervez Musharraf.
(c) General Mahmoud Ahmed.
(d) General Naseem Rana.
7. Terrorists met at the Zawhar Kili camp that the U.S. attacked with Tomahawk missiles resulting in what to bin Laden?
(a) Escaped injury in the attack.
(b) Received minor injury in the attack.
(c) Not there in the attack.
(d) Received major injury in the attack.
8. Who was the ISI head from 1998 to 1999?
(a) General Javed Ashraf Qazi.
(b) General Khwaja Ziauddin.
(c) General Akhtar Abdur Rahman.
(d) General Asad Durrani.
9. The first CIA Northern Afghanistan Liaison Team (NALT-1) flew by what means from Dushanbe to the Panjshir Valley in 1997?
(a) U.S. Army helicopters.
(b) U.S. Marine Corps helicopters.
(c) U.S. Air Force helicopters.
(d) Massoud's helicopters.
10. The CIA's Counterterrorist Center established a new office dedicated to bin Laden in what year?
11. The U.S. was to accept severe social regulations imposed by the Taliban for what reason?
(a) Islamic laws were likely to be overthrown.
(b) Regulations were founded on religious Islamic law.
(c) Regulations resulted in peace for most of the country.
(d) U.S. had no authority on Islamic law imposition.
12. With whom did the Turkmenistan government make their deal?
(a) Unocal, without Washington support.
(b) Bulgheroni, with Washington support.
(c) Bulgheroni, without Washington support.
(d) Unocal, with Washington support.
13. Where did the Hamburg cell, as it was known, coalesce?
(a) A coffee shop back room.
(b) A shabby hotel room.
(c) A gymnasium back room.
(d) A shabby mosque.
14. Shortly into 2000, the Counterterrorist Center picked up information that bin Laden had arrived in what location?
(a) Derunta Camp.
(b) Jalalabad Camp.
(c) Zawhar Kili Camp.
(d) Jaji Camp.
15. Massoud's group was suspicious of the U.S. and its relationship to the Taliban, but who was his one CIA link?
(a) William Piekney.
(b) Gary Schroen.
(c) Milton Bearden.
(d) Howard Hart.
Short Answer Questions
1. Equipment the CIA outfitted the Afghan tribal fighters with to use in their search for Kasi included what?
2. Which two al-Qaeda operatives arrested around the 2000 New Year planned to carry out terrorist attacks?
3. According to Chapter 19, what nations did Massoud engage in locating sponsors?
4. Uzbekistan, which is bordered to the south by Afghanistan, was ruled by which individual in 1999?
5. How did the author describe Clinton's view of the CIA as an institution?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)