|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Shortly into 2000, the Counterterrorist Center picked up information that bin Laden had arrived in what location?
(a) Derunta Camp.
(b) Zawhar Kili Camp.
(c) Jalalabad Camp.
(d) Jaji Camp.
2. Prince Turki advised whom to ensure the Taliban understood bin Laden must be expelled to keep good relations?
(a) Mullah Omar.
(b) Mohammed Fahim.
(c) Mohammed Atef.
(d) Mullah Rabbani.
3. Six weeks after Massoud took Kabul, what was first on a list of strict rules imposed by religious police?
(a) Unmarried females could not appear in public alone.
(b) Tailors displaying fashion magazines were jailed.
(c) Women washing clothes in a river were sent home.
(d) Taxis must not stop for women without full burqa.
4. Which nation agreed Predator drones could be flown from one of its air bases while controlled from Langley?
5. Where did the Hamburg cell, as it was known, coalesce?
(a) A shabby mosque.
(b) A gymnasium back room.
(c) A coffee shop back room.
(d) A shabby hotel room.
6. Equipment the CIA outfitted the Afghan tribal fighters with to use in their search for Kasi included what?
(a) Infrared electromagnetic spectrum for wireless communications.
(b) Heat-seeking, tracking equipment that used radar.
(c) Tracking, locating equipment that used satellites.
(d) Infrared night-vision goggles.
7. Where did the CIA stand in regard to Black's enthusiasm in favor of armed drones?
(b) In favor.
8. Since the equipment was already in place, the CIA decided to use it for whose capture?
(a) Ahmed Shah Massoud.
(b) Mullah Mohammed Omar.
(c) Massoud Khalili.
(d) Osama bin Laden.
9. Who published a joint manifesto with bin Laden that declared the U.S. as the enemy in 1998?
(a) Ayman al-Zawahiri.
(b) Mohammed Atef.
(c) Abdullah Azzam.
(d) Aburrashid Dostum.
10. Tenet was frustrated by what attention the Clinton Cabinet provided the al Qaeda threat?
(a) "Too late."
11. The CIA slowly composed an intricate map of which infrastructure made from photos and satellite imagery?
(a) Bin Laden's Afghani.
(b) Bin Laden's Saudi.
(c) Bin Laden's Pakistani.
(d) Bin Laden's Iranian.
12. Plans were made for Ahmed to visit the U.S. when?
(a) Mid-September 2001.
(b) Early September 2001.
(c) Early October 2001.
(d) Late September 2001.
13. One report received was a plot against Massoud that involved an assassin dispatched to place what in his shoes?
(c) Acetylsalicylic acid.
(d) Boron nitride.
14. The 1997-2000 White House national security adviser was determined "terrorism and al Qaeda" would rank where?
(a) It "matched Korea" on the list.
(b) The "number one" issue.
(c) The "number two" issue.
(d) Not the "number one" issue.
15. How did Tenet view terrorism in terms of the level of threat it represented to the U.S. and the world?
(a) Out of control.
(b) Steady, but contained.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which nation did not meet multilateral lending requirements for the pipeline at that time?
2. Massoud's group was suspicious of the U.S. and its relationship to the Taliban, but who was his one CIA link?
3. Uzbekistan, which is bordered to the south by Afghanistan, was ruled by which individual in 1999?
4. By early 1999, Tenet was certain that bin Laden would be capable of striking the U.S. at what point?
5. On 7 August 1998 a devastating terrorist attack against U.S. embassies took place in which two African capitals?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)