Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The CIA suspected Pakistani intelligence worked with bin Laden and trained recruits to fight where?
2. Where on his inventory of threats the U.S. faced did Tenet rank bin Laden in 1999?
3. The Hamburg cell, which derived its name from the German city it met in, included which members?
(a) Mohammed Atta, Ramzai Binalshibh, Ziad Jarrah, Marwan al-Shehhi.
(b) Mohammed Atta, Ramzai Binalshibh, Ziad Jarrah, Hamid Karzai.
(c) Mohammed Atef, Ramzai Binalshibh, Ziad Jarrah, Marwan al-Shehhi.
(d) Mohammed Atta, Hallaladin Haqqanni, Ziad Jarrah, Marwan al-Shehhi.
4. The first CIA Northern Afghanistan Liaison Team (NALT-1) flew by what means from Dushanbe to the Panjshir Valley in 1997?
(a) U.S. Air Force helicopters.
(b) Massoud's helicopters.
(c) U.S. Army helicopters.
(d) U.S. Marine Corps helicopters.
5. Madeleine Albright and who else declared publicly multiple times the U.S. would align with no side in Afghan's war?
(a) Richard Clarke, Tom Simons.
(b) Karl F. "Rick" Inderfurth, Tom Pickering.
(c) Richard Clarke, Karl F. "Rick" Inderfurth.
(d) Tom Pickering, Tom Simons
6. Six weeks after Massoud took Kabul, what was first on a list of strict rules imposed by religious police?
(a) Unmarried females could not appear in public alone.
(b) Taxis must not stop for women without full burqa.
(c) Women washing clothes in a river were sent home.
(d) Tailors displaying fashion magazines were jailed.
7. In each case that the Clinton Cabinet considered cruise missile strikes, what was a decisive problem?
(a) Uncertainty of number of civilian deaths.
(b) Conflict against terrorism not a declared war.
(c) Absolute certainty as to bin Laden's location.
(d) Potential collateral damage.
8. Plans were made for Ahmed to visit the U.S. when?
(a) Early October 2001.
(b) Late September 2001.
(c) Mid-September 2001.
(d) Early September 2001.
9. Bin Laden practiced operational security that was intensive and he was cautious of what?
(d) Radio communication.
10. How did Tenet view terrorism in terms of the level of threat it represented to the U.S. and the world?
(c) Steady, but contained.
(d) Out of control.
11. When Massoud was cornered in northern Afghanistan, what was the result of his requests for aid?
(a) U.S. did not provide.
(b) U.S. provided.
(c) Saudi Arabia did not provide.
(d) Saudi Arabia provided.
12. Tenet was frustrated by what attention the Clinton Cabinet provided the al Qaeda threat?
(d) "Too late."
13. When Ziauddin fell from power, which CIA branch lost an ally?
(a) Central Asia.
(b) Western Asia.
(c) Northern Asia.
(d) South Asia.
14. When Deutch quit as CIA director after merely 19 months, the president attempted to nominate which individual?
(a) William Milam.
(b) Tony Lake.
(c) Tom Simons.
(d) Tom Pickering.
15. Where did the CIA stand in regard to Black's enthusiasm in favor of armed drones?
(c) In favor.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 2000, the White House counterterrorism head asked which acquaintance to address the bin Laden intelligence problem?
2. Who published a joint manifesto with bin Laden that declared the U.S. as the enemy in 1998?
3. Massoud felt he had recovered some political and military momentum in opposition to the Taliban by what point?
4. Which former Clinton lobbyist was hired by Pervz Musharraf to assure the White House his outlook was liberal?
5. Massoud's group was suspicious of the U.S. and its relationship to the Taliban, but who was his one CIA link?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)