|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the purpose of the CIA?
(a) Ensure the international security of U.S.
(b) Ensure security of presidents and cabinet.
(c) Ensure the domestic security of U.S.
(d) Prevent surprise attacks.
2. When the foreign oil representatives arrived in Afghanistan, why would Mullah Omar not meet with them?
(a) They were not Afghans.
(b) They did not have full beards.
(c) They were not Taliban.
(d) They were not Muslims.
3. By early 1999, Tenet was certain that bin Laden would be capable of striking the U.S. at what point?
(a) Spring 2000.
(b) Any time.
(c) Winter 1999.
(d) Summer 1999.
4. Where on his inventory of threats the U.S. faced did Tenet rank bin Laden in 1999?
5. Sudan was told the Khartoum embassy would close given their terrorist support, but what was one step it could take?
(a) Expel bin Laden to Yemen.
(b) Provide information on bin Laden and his followers.
(c) Expel bin Laden to Romania.
(d) Expel bin Laden to Saudi Arabia.
6. Which former Clinton lobbyist was hired by Pervz Musharraf to assure the White House his outlook was liberal?
(a) Leon J. Davis.
(b) Lenny J. David.
(c) Lanny J. Davis.
(d) Leonard D. Jarvis.
7. In 1996, the CIA was attempting to recover Stinger missiles but encountered what problem with the Taliban?
(a) They demanded too high a price.
(b) They would sell back only damaged ones.
(c) They claimed they had none.
(d) They would not sell back the ones they had.
8. According to Chapter 26, Kahlid al Mihdhar and Nawaf al-Hazmi met in which capital?
(c) Kuwait City.
(d) Kuala Lumpur.
9. Six weeks after Massoud took Kabul, what was first on a list of strict rules imposed by religious police?
(a) Taxis must not stop for women without full burqa.
(b) Unmarried females could not appear in public alone.
(c) Women washing clothes in a river were sent home.
(d) Tailors displaying fashion magazines were jailed.
10. In addition to the Zawhar Kili camp, the U.S. used missiles where?
(a) Terrorist camp complexes in northern Afghanistan.
(b) Terrorist camp complexes in western Pakistan.
(c) Terrorist camp complexes in northern Pakistan.
(d) Bin Laden properties in the Sudan.
11. A 1998 memorandum of notification signed by whom authorized CIA agents to use lethal force to capture bin Laden?
(d) Bill Clinton.
12. In what year was Bhutto ousted from office and Nawaz Sharif became prime minister?
13. Pakistan recognized the Taliban as its government without Sharif knowing, and days later the Taliban was expelled from where?
(a) Southern Afghanistan.
(b) Eastern Afghanistan.
(c) Western Afghanistan.
(d) Northern Afghanistan.
14. The CIA slowly composed an intricate map of which infrastructure made from photos and satellite imagery?
(a) Bin Laden's Saudi.
(b) Bin Laden's Afghani.
(c) Bin Laden's Pakistani.
(d) Bin Laden's Iranian.
15. How many casualties resulted in these two U.S. embassy attacks in Africa?
(a) Over 100 killed, over 450 injured.
(b) Over 300 killed, over 1,500 injured.
(c) Over 200 killed, over 4,000 injured.
(d) Over 150 killed, over 600 injured.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did U.S. ships and submarines with missiles wait to receive the coordinates of bin Laden's location?
2. Massoud felt he had recovered some political and military momentum in opposition to the Taliban by what point?
3. Who was the White House national security adviser between 1993 and 1997?
4. Tenet's reform program for the CIA did what?
5. Who met Mahmoud Ahmed in the spring of 2001 and advised Pakistan could do much more in the fight with bin Laden?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)