|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Deutch quit as CIA director after merely 19 months, the president attempted to nominate which individual?
(a) Tony Lake.
(b) William Milam.
(c) Tom Pickering.
(d) Tom Simons.
2. How did Tenet view terrorism in terms of the level of threat it represented to the U.S. and the world?
(a) Out of control.
(c) Steady, but contained.
3. The CIA's Counterterrorist Center established a new office dedicated to bin Laden in what year?
4. In what year was Bhutto ousted from office and Nawaz Sharif became prime minister?
5. Marwan al-Shehhi told which librarian thousands would die at the World Trade Center, but he did not seem serious?
(a) Angela Duile.
(b) Heidi Pfennig.
(c) Martha Schmidt.
(d) Lydia Himmler.
6. Terrorists met at the Zawhar Kili camp that the U.S. attacked with Tomahawk missiles resulting in what to bin Laden?
(a) Escaped injury in the attack.
(b) Received major injury in the attack.
(c) Not there in the attack.
(d) Received minor injury in the attack.
7. By fall of 1998, who seemed an ideal CIA partner at the Pentagon given his extensive Special Forces experience?
(a) General Shelton Hughes.
(b) General Hugh Shelton.
(c) General Hugh Sheldon.
(d) General Hugo Sheraton.
8. Unocal wanted to build a pipeline from what location through Kandahar to Pakistan?
9. On 7 August 1998 a devastating terrorist attack against U.S. embassies took place in which two African capitals?
(a) Nairobi, Dar es Salaam.
(b) Nairobi, Rabat.
(c) Cairo, Rabat.
(d) Cairo, Dar es Salaam.
10. When had the White House counterterrorist group grown frustrated with intelligence reports on bin Laden's whereabouts?
(a) Late spring, 2000.
(b) Early fall, 2000.
(c) Early summer, 2000.
(d) Late summer, 2000.
11. Where did U.S. ships and submarines with missiles wait to receive the coordinates of bin Laden's location?
(a) Arabian Sea.
(b) Aral Sea.
(c) Caspian Sea.
(d) Andaman Sea.
12. According to Chapter 26, Kahlid al Mihdhar and Nawaf al-Hazmi met in which capital?
(b) Kuwait City.
(c) Kuala Lumpur.
13. Massoud had gained strength in new arms deals and felt that the Taliban had weakened as he rebuilt what?
(a) Northern Alliance.
(b) Western Alliance.
(c) Eastern Alliance.
(d) Southern Alliance.
14. Prince Turki advised whom to ensure the Taliban understood bin Laden must be expelled to keep good relations?
(a) Mohammed Fahim.
(b) Mullah Omar.
(c) Mohammed Atef.
(d) Mullah Rabbani.
15. The CIA slowly composed an intricate map of which infrastructure made from photos and satellite imagery?
(a) Bin Laden's Afghani.
(b) Bin Laden's Iranian.
(c) Bin Laden's Saudi.
(d) Bin Laden's Pakistani.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tenet was frustrated by what attention the Clinton Cabinet provided the al Qaeda threat?
2. Equipment the CIA outfitted the Afghan tribal fighters with to use in their search for Kasi included what?
3. Bin Laden practiced operational security that was intensive and he was cautious of what?
4. The CIA and State Department issued what alert shortly after bin Laden helped publish a joint manifesto?
5. Madeleine Albright and who else declared publicly multiple times the U.S. would align with no side in Afghan's war?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)