|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Taliban leaders met with Saudi intelligence as they had to learn how to form and operate what?
(a) Islamic government.
(b) Rebel commando units.
(c) Financial gathering operations.
(d) Taliban intelligence unit.
2. Who was the CIA chief selected when the Bill Clinton administration took office?
(a) John Deutch.
(b) Edmund McWilliams.
(c) James Woolsey.
(d) Robert Gates.
3. Benazir Bhutto told America it would bring peace to the nation, but did not tell them about aid to the Taliban from where?
4. Hart also met regularly with Akhtar due Rahman, who directed the ISI, Pakistan's intelligence agency known as what?
(a) Inter-Services Intelligence.
(b) Intra-Services Intelligence.
(c) Intro-Services Intelligence.
(d) Inter-Secret Intelligence.
5. What action did Massoud take when the Soviets planned to attack the Panjshir Valley?
(a) Set up military defenses.
(b) Ordered it evacuated.
(c) Fled the valley.
(d) Assimilated into neighboring towns.
6. Where was a champagne party held when the last Soviet troops left Afghanistan?
(a) ISI headquarters.
(b) MI6 headquarters.
(c) KGB headquarters.
(d) CIA headquarters.
7. According to Chapter 10, where did Jallaladin Haqqanni operate near and test weapons and equipment for the CIA?
(a) Pelican's Beak.
(b) Hawk's Beak.
(c) Parrot's Beak.
(d) Eagle's Beak.
8. The author identified which rebel as the one the Saudis viewed as most important?
(a) Abdurrab Rasul Sayyaf.
(b) Gulbuddin Hekmatyar.
(c) Osama bin Laden.
(d) Hamid Karzai.
9. In what year did the Taliban form?
10. When was Bin Laden in Saudi Arabia to promote radical Islamic policies that irritated the government that he had to leave?
11. Economic sanctions were imposed by the U.S. against which nation in 1993 because of government-sponsored terrorism?
(c) Saudi Arabia.
12. The Taliban was initiated with which individual as its leader?
(a) Mullah Mohammed Omar.
(b) Mahmoud Ahmed.
(c) Mullah Mohammed Rabbani.
(d) Mohammed Yousaf.
13. By the mid-1980s, the Afghan rebels were staging attacks within what borders?
(d) Soviet Union.
14. Like all students at the time while attending Kabul Polytechnic Institute, what did Massoud have a choice between?
(a) Leninism or radical Buddhism.
(b) Nazism or radical Judaism.
(c) Marxism or radical Hinduism.
(d) Communism or radical Islam.
15. What city was a haven for noted radical Carlos the Jackal?
Short Answer Questions
1. How frequently did Casey visit the Saudis and Pakistanis?
2. By 1996, Massoud's popularity stood where?
3. Many of the Kandahar Durranis were living where in exile in 1994?
4. Where did Massoud live from the age of 11?
5. Saudi intelligence used what type of charities to funnel money to Afghanistan?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)