|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After he was attacked by the Soviets at Jaji, bin Laden met Aymen al-Zawahiri, preached global jihad, and initiated what sort of campaign?
(b) Vehicle bombings.
(c) Surface-to-air missiles.
(d) Commando raids.
2. What did Massoud's group protect?
(a) Solang Valley.
(b) Solang Airport.
(c) Solang Highway.
(d) Solang Hospital.
3. Massoud was a top target for the Soviets because his group used and repaired captured weapons and equipment against which nationality?
4. Bin Laden had already formed the al-Qaeda and moved his family back to Saudi Arabia in what year?
5. When was Bin Laden in Saudi Arabia to promote radical Islamic policies that irritated the government that he had to leave?
6. Gary Schroen, a CIA agent, met with Ahmed Shah Massoud, who was what?
(a) Current Afghan president.
(b) Former Afghan defense minister.
(c) Former Afghan president.
(d) Current Afghan defense minister.
7. What city was a haven for noted radical Carlos the Jackal?
8. The U.S. embassy attack was coordinated by a radical group at which university?
(a) Tehran University.
(b) University of Afghanistan.
(c) Kabul Polytechnic Institute.
(d) Quaid-I-Azam University.
9. When did riots in Islamabad and an attack on the U.S. embassy take place?
(a) 21 December 1979.
(b) 21 October 1979.
(c) 21 November 1979.
(d) 21 September 1979.
10. When did the Soviets attack bin Laden's camp at Jaji which established him as a warrior with Arab jihadists?
(a) July 1987.
(b) April 1987.
(c) October 1987.
(d) January 1987.
11. Cofer Black became the CIA station chief in which capital city in 1993?
12. According to Chapter 10, where did Jallaladin Haqqanni operate near and test weapons and equipment for the CIA?
(a) Pelican's Beak.
(b) Hawk's Beak.
(c) Eagle's Beak.
(d) Parrot's Beak.
13. Who became the CIA station chief in Islamabad in July 1986?
(a) Duane R. "Dewey" Clarridge.
(b) Frank Anderson.
(c) Milton Bearden.
(d) Howard Hart.
14. The author identified which rebel as the one the Saudis viewed as most important?
(a) Abdurrab Rasul Sayyaf.
(b) Osama bin Laden.
(c) Gulbuddin Hekmatyar.
(d) Hamid Karzai.
15. Since Pakistan was close to having nuclear capability, American aid ended under what law?
(a) Pressler Amendment.
(b) Pixler Amendment.
(c) Baker Amendment.
(d) Reagan Amendment.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was President Zia killed?
2. What was the Taliban trying to clear Afghanistan of?
3. There were how many direct contacts between a CIA officer and bin Laden in the 1980s?
4. The success of the CIA depended on Hart's ability to work with Akhtar due Rahman in developing what list?
5. Saudi intelligence used what type of charities to funnel money to Afghanistan?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)