Short Answer Questions Key
1. Gary Schroen, a CIA agent, met with Ahmed Shah Massoud, who was what?
Former Afghan defense minister.
2. The CIA fed what to Massoud's organization during the war with the Soviet Union?
Large amounts of money .
3. In what year did the Taliban form?
4. What was the Taliban trying to clear Afghanistan of?
5. By 1996, Massoud's popularity stood where?
6. Schroen said the U.S., which left Afghanistan when the Soviet Union dissolved, would return for what reason?
7. When did riots in Islamabad and an attack on the U.S. embassy take place?
21 November 1979.
8. The U.S. embassy attack was coordinated by a radical group at which university?
This section contains 4,590 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)