|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 31-32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was a champagne party held when the last Soviet troops left Afghanistan?
(a) MI6 headquarters.
(b) KGB headquarters.
(c) ISI headquarters.
(d) CIA headquarters.
2. At what point was the CIA allowed to begin operations in Afghanistan using Zia's intelligence service as an intermediary?
(a) January 1979.
(b) December 1979.
(c) July 1979.
(d) March 1979.
3. The U.S. did not support Massoud but kept their contacts, as the official position would change if al-Qaeda attacked where?
(a) In the U.S.
(b) In Europe.
(c) In South America.
(d) In Canada.
4. When did the Bush administration begin to study the al-Qaeda problem?
(a) February 2001.
(b) April 2001.
(c) August 2001.
(d) June 2001.
5. Since the equipment was already in place, the CIA decided to use it for whose capture?
(a) Osama bin Laden.
(b) Mullah Mohammed Omar.
(c) Massoud Khalili.
(d) Ahmed Shah Massoud.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 10, whose views in the Department of State ran counter to those of the CIA at Langley?
2. Egyptian Sheikh Rahman suffered from what physical disability?
3. So this second prisoner would be kept alive, the tribe was to hold him in a cave for how long until Americans came?
4. The CIA slowly composed an intricate map of which infrastructure made from photos and satellite imagery?
5. Shortly into 2000, the Counterterrorist Center picked up information that bin Laden had arrived in what location?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)