|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 31-32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Shortly into 2000, the Counterterrorist Center picked up information that bin Laden had arrived in what location?
(a) Jalalabad Camp.
(b) Derunta Camp.
(c) Zawhar Kili Camp.
(d) Jaji Camp.
2. Like all students at the time while attending Kabul Polytechnic Institute, what did Massoud have a choice between?
(a) Communism or radical Islam.
(b) Leninism or radical Buddhism.
(c) Marxism or radical Hinduism.
(d) Nazism or radical Judaism.
3. How was President Zia killed?
(a) Heart attack.
(b) Bomb explosion.
(c) Plane crash.
(d) Commando raid.
4. The Saudi journalists' letter of introduction came from whose computer, but Massoud was too busy to meet them initially?
5. When the foreign oil representatives arrived in Afghanistan, why would Mullah Omar not meet with them?
(a) They did not have full beards.
(b) They were not Muslims.
(c) They were not Taliban.
(d) They were not Afghans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Madeleine Albright and who else declared publicly multiple times the U.S. would align with no side in Afghan's war?
2. The ISI Afghan operations director's plans to cut Soviet supply lines were frustrated when Afghan rebels refused to take part in suicide missions for what reason?
3. The CIA's Counterterrorist Center established a new office dedicated to bin Laden in what year?
4. The first CIA Northern Afghanistan Liaison Team (NALT-1) flew by what means from Dushanbe to the Panjshir Valley in 1997?
5. The CIA slowly composed an intricate map of which infrastructure made from photos and satellite imagery?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)