|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 31-32.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the Hamburg cell, as it was known, coalesce?
(a) A shabby mosque.
(b) A gymnasium back room.
(c) A shabby hotel room.
(d) A coffee shop back room.
2. Government lawyers debated for months under what circumstances lethal force was legal and when it constituted what?
(a) National security.
3. How did the author describe Clinton's view of the CIA as an institution?
4. What is the purpose of the CIA?
(a) Ensure the domestic security of U.S.
(b) Ensure the international security of U.S.
(c) Prevent surprise attacks.
(d) Ensure security of presidents and cabinet.
5. Unocal sent which two individuals to negotiate the pipeline?
(a) Marty Miller, John Imle.
(b) John Imle, Sandy Berger.
(c) Tony Lake, Marty Miller.
(d) Sandy Berger, Tony Lake.
Short Answer Questions
1. Equipment the CIA outfitted the Afghan tribal fighters with to use in their search for Kasi included what?
2. With whom did the Turkmenistan government make their deal?
3. Which nation agreed Predator drones could be flown from one of its air bases while controlled from Langley?
4. How did Coll describe the relationship between Black and Pillar?
5. Massoud hired a new lobbyist and sent a letter to whom that urged the U.S. to review its Pakistani relations?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)