|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Tenet view terrorism in terms of the level of threat it represented to the U.S. and the world?
(a) Out of control.
(b) Steady, but contained.
2. Which nation did not meet multilateral lending requirements for the pipeline at that time?
3. When was Bin Laden in Saudi Arabia to promote radical Islamic policies that irritated the government that he had to leave?
4. Hart also met regularly with Akhtar due Rahman, who directed the ISI, Pakistan's intelligence agency known as what?
(a) Inter-Secret Intelligence.
(b) Intro-Services Intelligence.
(c) Inter-Services Intelligence.
(d) Intra-Services Intelligence.
5. When did the Soviets attack bin Laden's camp at Jaji which established him as a warrior with Arab jihadists?
(a) April 1987.
(b) October 1987.
(c) July 1987.
(d) January 1987.
Short Answer Questions
1. Many of the Kandahar Durranis were living where in exile in 1994?
2. Egyptian Sheikh Rahman suffered from what physical disability?
3. The author identified which rebel as the one the Saudis viewed as most important?
4. While he received money and supplies through the CIA without the Pakistanis knowing it, Massoud had no contact with the CIA during what decade because of the CIA agreement with Pakistan?
5. At what point was the CIA allowed to begin operations in Afghanistan using Zia's intelligence service as an intermediary?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)