|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Taliban was initiated with which individual as its leader?
(a) Mullah Mohammed Rabbani.
(b) Mahmoud Ahmed.
(c) Mohammed Yousaf.
(d) Mullah Mohammed Omar.
2. By 1996, Massoud's popularity stood where?
3. What term did Paul Pillar, a chief analyst at the CIA Counterterrorist Center, use when he described individuals like Yousef?
(a) "Ad hoc terrorists."
(b) "Rental terrorists."
(c) "Tinkertoy terrorists."
(d) "Cowboy terrorists."
4. Most embassy personnel in Islamabad awaited military dictator Mohammed Zia-ul-Haq's help, but he was doing what?
(b) Flying to the United Nations.
(c) Flower gardening.
(d) Bike riding.
5. Pakistan recognized the Taliban as its government without Sharif knowing, and days later the Taliban was expelled from where?
(a) Eastern Afghanistan.
(b) Northern Afghanistan.
(c) Southern Afghanistan.
(d) Western Afghanistan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Unocal wanted to build a pipeline from what location through Kandahar to Pakistan?
2. Where was a champagne party held when the last Soviet troops left Afghanistan?
3. On 7 August 1998 a devastating terrorist attack against U.S. embassies took place in which two African capitals?
4. When was the ISI captured and sold a Russian SU-25 to the CIA?
5. Who was the White House national security adviser between 1993 and 1997?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)