|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Most embassy personnel in Islamabad awaited military dictator Mohammed Zia-ul-Haq's help, but he was doing what?
(b) Flower gardening.
(c) Flying to the United Nations.
(d) Bike riding.
2. Schroen said the U.S., which left Afghanistan when the Soviet Union dissolved, would return for what reason?
(a) Civil war.
(c) Religious conflict.
(d) Political unrest.
3. The U.S. embassy attack was coordinated by a radical group at which university?
(a) Tehran University.
(b) Kabul Polytechnic Institute.
(c) Quaid-I-Azam University.
(d) University of Afghanistan.
4. Saudi intelligence used what type of charities to funnel money to Afghanistan?
5. When did riots in Islamabad and an attack on the U.S. embassy take place?
(a) 21 September 1979.
(b) 21 November 1979.
(c) 21 December 1979.
(d) 21 October 1979.
Short Answer Questions
1. How frequently did Casey visit the Saudis and Pakistanis?
2. Where did Massoud live from the age of 11?
3. While he received money and supplies through the CIA without the Pakistanis knowing it, Massoud had no contact with the CIA during what decade because of the CIA agreement with Pakistan?
4. The war in Afghanistan cost the Soviet Union how many billion dollars?
5. What did Massoud's group protect?
This section contains 198 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)