|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What action did Massoud take when the Soviets planned to attack the Panjshir Valley?
(a) Ordered it evacuated.
(b) Set up military defenses.
(c) Assimilated into neighboring towns.
(d) Fled the valley.
2. Most embassy personnel in Islamabad awaited military dictator Mohammed Zia-ul-Haq's help, but he was doing what?
(a) Flying to the United Nations.
(b) Flower gardening.
(c) Bike riding.
3. In what year did the Taliban form?
4. While he received money and supplies through the CIA without the Pakistanis knowing it, Massoud had no contact with the CIA during what decade because of the CIA agreement with Pakistan?
5. Hart also met regularly with Akhtar due Rahman, who directed the ISI, Pakistan's intelligence agency known as what?
(a) Intra-Services Intelligence.
(b) Intro-Services Intelligence.
(c) Inter-Services Intelligence.
(d) Inter-Secret Intelligence.
Short Answer Questions
1. The ISI Afghan operations director's plans to cut Soviet supply lines were frustrated when Afghan rebels refused to take part in suicide missions for what reason?
2. What did Massoud's group protect?
3. The author identified which rebel as the one the Saudis viewed as most important?
4. When did riots in Islamabad and an attack on the U.S. embassy take place?
5. How frequently did Casey visit the Saudis and Pakistanis?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)