|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Massoud was a top target for the Soviets because his group used and repaired captured weapons and equipment against which nationality?
2. When did riots in Islamabad and an attack on the U.S. embassy take place?
(a) 21 October 1979.
(b) 21 December 1979.
(c) 21 November 1979.
(d) 21 September 1979.
3. When did the Islamic opposition revolt against the established communist Russian government in Herat, Afghanistan?
(a) March 1979.
(b) December 1979.
(c) July 1979.
(d) January 1979.
4. By the mid-1980s, the Afghan rebels were staging attacks within what borders?
(b) Soviet Union.
5. While he received money and supplies through the CIA without the Pakistanis knowing it, Massoud had no contact with the CIA during what decade because of the CIA agreement with Pakistan?
Short Answer Questions
1. What action did Massoud take when the Soviets planned to attack the Panjshir Valley?
2. Most embassy personnel in Islamabad awaited military dictator Mohammed Zia-ul-Haq's help, but he was doing what?
3. Gary Schroen, a CIA agent, met with Ahmed Shah Massoud, who was what?
4. What did Massoud's group protect?
5. Who was the Afghan bureau chief for the ISI from 1983-1987?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)